Magnus' University for the Unusually Gifted ("MUUG") (LadyAwesome & jruss020)

Thalia tilted her head in curiosity, "But that would make you the greatest kind of teacher, don't you think? I mean, you know what going at full fire power will do, and you know how to control it and keep it from getting out of hand," she hesitated, not sure if she was overstepping or not, "which I'm guessing you've had experience with?" She studied the boy, taking in each of his features and gauging his reaction, "I mean..if you know how to control so well, something had to have happened to learn such self control." She took a sip of milk and looked away, "If I'm assuming too much or crossing the line, I apologize. I have a tendency to push..."

"No, no its fine." Aiden really wanted to get off this conversation, but didn't want to leave Thalia disappointed either. "It's just not an experience I like recounting.... anyway, what other classes do you have on the docket for today?" He decided to see if he could give his new freshman friend some pointers on some of the classes he had just taken last year.

She nodded her head understandingly, her eyes full of wonder, but Thalia didn't want to push her new friend. If he wanted to talk to her about it, he would.

"Let's see...I have gym, Advanced Healing, and Air Control," she recounted her schedule that she worked so hard to memorize the night before, "What about you?" she asked as she finished her sandwich.

"Well lets see, I also have gym, they let the sophomores and freshmen take that together, Advanced flight, and Range control, so it looks like we have a class together. Fair warning though, the heroes vs villains simulation they have us participate in can be pretty overwhelming for first timers, you'll get used to it though."

He remembered his first time in heroes vs villains, the scenario was base defense and he was on the villains side, as him and his partner started having trouble breaking through the final defense he unleashed an uncontrolled heat blast, horribly burning his partner and injuring the students on the heroes side. It proved to him that even then his powers were a danger to everyone around him. He shuddered at the memory and turned to face Thalia. "Well if you're all finished with lunch, should we head on over to the gymnasium?"

Thalia's heart skipped a beat knowing that she had a class with her knew friend, and she silently cursed herself. She wasn't here to find love and live happily ever after. She was here to become an Element Master and to hone her skills. She smiled anyway, shaking off her emotions, "Oh good, I've always hated gym. I'm glad I'll have a friend at least." She finished the last of her milk and stood, "Let's go then. Will you be my partner for the heroes vs. villains? I really don't work well with knew people."

Aiden chuckled at her last statement. "You seem to be doing just fine with me. To be fair though, I don't really do well with people in general. Must mean we're a good match for each other. Sure, I'll be your partner." He got up and threw away the trash on his lunch and showed his new friend the way to the gymnasium. All the while his posture had started to stand a little straighter, he felt happier and happier the more time he spent with this quirky yet incredibly kind girl, and this was only the first day of classes.

If there's one thing Aiden could compliment MUGG on, they knew how to build around power sets. The gymnasium was where most of the combat based power training was instructed. They had various styles of targets for ranged attackers, dummies and punching bags for physical attackers, hoops hanging on the ceiling for flight training, an indoor pool for those with aquatic powers, a track and field, and a weight lifting section.

Then of course, there was the Arena. You could think of it like a college football field if the field were designed for superheroes and was able to adapt to fit whichever simulation was chosen to be practiced. Gym class is designed to help superheroes train their bodies in areas that all humans have in common, and then to pit their powers against each other to learn how to adapt to every situation and power set. As Aiden and Thalia took their seats on the bleachers, their professor began asking for volunteers. "I'd say wait to volunteer until after the first round. You should understand what you're getting into before jumping right in." Aiden advised her.

Thalia smiled, happy to hear him agree to a partnership. She never had many friends growing up, and it was difficult for her to relate to most people - girls especially - so she was almost always alone. It was nice to have a friend already, and it was only day one of classes.

She followed Aiden to the gym, her mouth hanging open in awe once again. She'd never been very athletic, so the thought of doing this sort of extreme battle thing gave her stomach the flip-flop. She was nervous, especially since it meant that she had to perform in front of all these people. She bit her bottom lip and nodded, "Right...Is it...as dangerous as it looks? This can't seriously be too safe..."

Aiden looked to his new friend and gave a reassuring smile. "Don't worry, the teachers always stop a match before any serious injuries happen. Sometimes someone gets hurt but it's never been truly bad. Most of those scary contraptions are scarier than they look, just to get a reaction out of freshman like you." He nudged her with a laugh, he was in the exact same boat as her last year, and briefly wondered if he looked that adorably innocent, probably not though, this girl's a whole league above him.

With a look of doubt still, Thalia nodded her head, "Right, if you say so." She bit her bottom lip a second before looking at him with a smirk, "But if you get us killed out there, I'll come back and haunt you." She let out a soft giggle. "Seriously though, I should warn you that I can get quite competitive. So you better keep up." She winked playfully, a smirk resting on her lips.

"Wait a minute, how can you haunt me if we're both ghosts?" Aiden questioned with a chuckle. "I'll try my best to keep up. For now though, looks like our game today is Save the Citizen. Just sit back and see how it works." The concept was simple, Two villains are keeping a citizen held hostage, and a team of heroes need to try and save it. Each team gets a turn as the heroes and villains so it doesn't feel like any student in particular is getting type cast as a villain. If the heroes rescue the citizen within the time limit they win, if not they lose.

Thalia nodded and sat back in her seat, intrigued to see how the game goes. She watched as the villains hid the "citizen" - or rather, a plastic mannequin dressed in women's clothing - behind a dumpster, tied up and gagged. She smirked, as it was a rather odd sight to see two grown adults tying up a plastic doll.

"Heroes!" the coach boomed across the gym, "Are you ready?" The two heroes - one guy looked and dressed like a basketball player, and the other guy short and stout and dressed in jeans and a white tank - nodded, determination on their faces. "Villains!" the coach yelled again, "Are you ready?" The villains, ironically enough to Thalia, consisted of two female cheerleaders, both dressed in their uniforms. They nodded, big smiles on their perky faces. "Ready, Set...." coach held up a green flag and let it drop as he hollered the last word, "GO!" Immediately, the heroes lunged at the villains, both unleashing their powers in battle.

Thalia let out a soft gasp under her breath, her eyes locked on the scene unfolding in front of her, "Woah..."

Back