Should we figure out what time it is and keep track of that? I'm a little confused myself. I assumed it had been about a day because Natalie Trace had taken a nap after wandering the city for a while. And so my posts indicate it had been a day since everyone woke up, because new bloods only arrive once every two weeks. The only problem is that I think Six and crew's posts are taking place at an earlier time, unless it took them a day's journey to walk from Hackle territory to the Soundless HQ.

It's not a big deal if we're a bit off as not everyone is together, but I think we should have the right day down, as certain events might effect everyone. Like market day at St.Lucifer's for example, people would be heading there and/or discussing it.

Is it ok if we set the wake up day as Day zero? And currently (for Kurtus at least), it's Day 1 @ dusk?

Last edited:
Should we figure out what time it is and keep track of that? I'm a little confused myself. I assumed it had been about a day because Natalie Trace had taken a nap after wandering the city for a while. And so my posts indicate it had been a day since everyone woke up, because new bloods only arrive once every two weeks. The only problem is that I think Six and crew's posts are taking place at an earlier time, unless it took them a day's journey to walk from Hackle territory to the Soundless HQ.

It's not a big deal if we're a bit off as not everyone is together, but I think we should have the right day down, as certain events might effect everyone. Like market day at St.Lucifer's for example, people would be heading there and/or discussing it.

Is it ok if we set the wake up day as Day zero? And currently (for Kurtus at least), it's Day 1 @ dusk?

In Rouge's timeline (I'm currently writing it up), she was knocked out for a while, so no problem there. I could simply align the time of her waking up at Day 1, dusk.

I just realized halfway through writing that my scene will be really long if I put it in all in the same post, so I'm going to break it down into chunks. :)

I am mildly drunk but am willing to take responsibility for goofing the timelines cause I take so long to post at thia frickig conference but yes I agree we should have a time thing happening

I agree that we should try and track the time. When Six and the others arrive at Church I mentioned that it was getting dark. So I think we're all still in the same 24 hour period. We can fudge it a little to keep everyone close, and if there's a jump in time, we can work out the details. We don't need to RP every single day in detail, but the more organized we try to keep this, the better.

We don't need to retroactively edit posts, but I have no problem with writing the day you're on after the name of the character posting. Like I said we can try to keep it close in case there's some possible character interaction (like at the St. Lucifer's market as was mentioned). But I think we're doing fine.

So there's a few reasons for the permanent Blue Sun. The big one is that I had originally meant Murder City to be basked in perpetual night, and I kind of kept it head cannon and never mentioned it. Kind of forgot about it. One of my inspirations for this RP was a 90s movie called Dark City.

The other is that I want this place seem impossible, and a place where the impossible can happen. This is the fantasy aspect of the RP. I like the realistic feel of the game, and I don't necessarily want to emphasize the magical or fantastic aspects, but I do want to imply that they're there. So don't be surprised to be surprised. I do have a goal in mind for this RP, and it's a long term one, but I feel we can get there without marking you guys a slave to the story. I have a plan, but I want you guys to develop and execute your own plans as well, if that's what you want to do. Or if you just want to follow my narrative cues, that's fine too. Or you can do a combination of the two. I just want you to understand that there's a bunch of options available to you.

Now that we have people ending lives and grabbing loot, we should have some sort of inventory management in place. Simply keep a personal account of what your character has including NG. I will do the same.

Now that we have people ending lives and grabbing loot, we should have some sort of inventory management in place. Simply keep a personal account of what your character has including NG. I will do the same.
Should we have this posted somewhere?

Ohhh.. so there is no sun movement in Murder City? It's always the same light conditions? One reason I asked about time tracking was because I didn't know if I should write that the sun was setting or not in my posts. If there isn't any change there, that makes it much easier

Ohhh.. so there is no sun movement in Murder City? It's always the same light conditions? One reason I asked about time tracking was because I didn't know if I should write that the sun was setting or not in my posts. If there isn't any change there, that makes it much easier
Yeah, it's a constant condition. Like I mentioned before I had intended to keep the city always at night, but forgot about it. So the blue sun fixes that, adds an extra element of mystery and unreality, and I think the color pattern from the CRTs at the beginning adds a nice touch :)

I mentioned that farming and growing of seeds is a thing. The blue sun doesn't change that. Plants and the like will still grow

@SedentaryCobra @ArQane @Morph @_BB_ @Incognus @Revelree
For the most part I've been in touch with you guys about involving you in the greater narrative in Murder City. I still plan to get with a few of you about ideas, but the point is that I want you to be invested in this RP and your characters. This DOES NOT MEAN YOU'RE SAFE. No matter how woven your PC gets in the over-all story of Murder City does not mean they are above death. Even Vi can be put down if the Death God (Me. That sounds so satisfying. Maybe we should build an alter or something...) deems it necessary for the story. Ahem. Anyway, just wanted to drop a reminder that ain't nobody above an ass woopin'

@SedentaryCobra @ArQane @Morph @_BB_ @Incognus @Revelree
For the most part I've been in touch with you guys about involving you in the greater narrative in Murder City. I still plan to get with a few of you about ideas, but the point is that I want you to be invested in this RP and your characters. This DOES NOT MEAN YOU'RE SAFE. No matter how woven your PC gets in the over-all story of Murder City does not mean they are above death. Even Vi can be put down if the Death God (Me. That sounds so satisfying. Maybe we should build an alter or something...) deems it necessary for the story. Ahem. Anyway, just wanted to drop a reminder that ain't nobody above an ass woopin'

*proceeds to build an altar for Gattle worshipping*

I thought about it, but I didn't know if you guys wanted that stuff to be common knowledge or not. Let me know what you think

I certainly don't mind. It's not like we can PvP. :D

Another recommendation on the way. I've been writing to an album called What Graceless Dawn by Worm Ouroboros. Perfect atmospheric music for Murder City

@ArQane @SedentaryCobra @Incognus @Morph @_BB_ @Revelree
I'm going to post a scene today or tomorrow with Six and Apollo and Sigil (which you guys can respond to) and then I'll wait for a Natalie post. After that I'm going to call it for Day 1. Revelree's timeline can be indeterminate because of her recent unconsciousness, so you don't have to post again yet if you're not ready to.

Back