Votes: 1 25.0%
  • D and D

• Harry Potter

• Other

Votes: 2 50.0%

• Total voters
Cool! @Rachel Rider @Lila Renn What do guys you think? Do we want to be wished for?

And I figured this way ithe Djinn story would work because then the King can claim we were his kids when the Witcher comes to collect @Rachel Rider character. Since no one knows of our origin except those who know about the wish. Then maybe through the Witcher or the castle servants the truth is revealed. And since what the King did breaks the vow of the Law of Surprise, and a sudden famine hits the land, people blame the King. Well, @Moose since your character is becoming a mage/sorceress, they find a way to help the people, winning them favor with the people and the king, making the king give @Moose character his heir and seat at the throne. Then the feared monster appears and @Moose character bands everyone together to defeat the monster.

And just a snippet of what I plan for my character, I figured with the Djinn story, and when @Rachel Rider character gets taken away (since that is their twin), they get mad go out, insult/treat someone badly because they can, then they get cursed to be a werewolf (but they’re a werewolf every time the moon is out not just a full moon). When their first transformation happens they kill a few people, and when they wake up, they run away. This starts the rumor mill about our true origin because my character stated to that they are not a royal. Then after my character runs away the famine begins.

@Lila Renn we can work your character’s story into this.

What do you all think?

Side notes:

And do we want to have the parent keeping us to be the mom or the dad?

And since we’re from another world, do we want to have something different from us than Witcher humans? Like @Moose character is a natural at magic/alchemy (like they can move things and read ancient languages because they were studious in our world), @Rachel Rider character does not have to be mutated when they arrived but can go through Witcher training (having more resilience than Witcher humans because maybe they were a sporty person or rough person in our world), the werewolf curse affected my character differently (because we come from a land of no curses so, being cursed kicked the curse into overdrive), @Lila Renn character can be persuasively beautiful even more than an elf (just an example). And these are all because we are from another world.

Or it could be some physical trait?

And speaking of traits, what is our tying feature or general description? Like as a family, do we all have brown hair and eyes, or sharp faces, or tan skin, or curly hair? What feature makes us related? Like me and my sisters have thick curly black hair and tan skin but different body shapes and we cut our hair differently.

Sorry for all the questions and super long post....

Hmm, I like the wished for part. But I don’t think the difference should be necessarily that dramatic, going through the trial of the grasses is still vital to my characters trauma. Perhaps it could be something like similar birthmarks?

Hmm, I like the wished for part. But I don’t think the difference should be necessarily that dramatic, going through the trial of the grasses is still vital to my characters trauma. Perhaps it could be something like similar birthmarks?

We can do the birthmarks as a defying trait of who we are (other-worlders). And your character can still do the trail, but I just meant that there's something about your character, maybe they can carry more sigils, or have multiple mutations that are increasingly amplified, that no other Witcher has, and that's why it has to be our characters that face this other world creature. Its otherworldness gives it a boost to not be defeated, somehow our otherworldness gives us a boost to defeat it.

Like since there's no magic in our world, anything that is done to us or that we do in magic is extremely amplified because our blood is not used to magic.

Well, I'll be the oldest, I think you and rachel were gonna be twins so any age from 12-16

All right, so I'll be fifteen and you two decide how you wanna do your thing

@Rachel Rider We don't have to be twins. Your character can be 11-9, and mine will be 13. This way we don't have to worry about our characters looking alike (if we wanted) or being the same age. Also, I don't know what age @Lila Renn character will be, but most likely your character will be the youngest. And then they could wind up like Arya Stark! Sorry, fangirl moment. Would it help you decide an age if you knew how many years we were gonna be in Witcher world?

@Moose How long were we planning on being in Witcher World?

We all need to have grown up, and I would like it if we were old enough to have lived more in the witcher world than our world when we got sent back. So 15 years at least.

And how long do we want to be separated for, then back together again? So like 10 years separated and five together, or 13 years separated and 2 together, or some other random combination? Basically, when do we defeat the monster?

I figure you two would disappear for a shorter time than we are back together again, I would want us to be back together at least as long as the age of the youngest

Yeah, so not only we are in the world longer than we were alive previously, we are also in the world together longer than we were together previously

@Moose our characters aren’t going to be doing everything together, are they? Because your character is going to continue their studies after we defeat the beast, right? And does that mean we defeat the beast in our teen years (so like 2-5 years in the Witcher world)?

No, but we will be working togetger up until then. Also fifteen is just the minimum I would like to do, we could have them be in the world longer

I think 15 is good because that’s longer than the rest have been alive. I just wanted to know when we get together to kill the beast and how long we’re together before we get sent back. And I didn’t know how long Witcher or Mage training would take.

Back