New User New arrival!

DawnsEarlyLight

Hello all, and thanks for having me on your site! :)

I've been RPing for several years by this point, starting with the Roleplaying threads on Neopets, then Gaia Online, and then pretty much anywhere I can find. My work schedule these days has made it harder for me to maintain constant contact these days, so I make a point not to put too much pressure on other players (my standard RPing motto is "real life always comes first"), but rest assured that if I find/develop an interesting RP idea and don't feel too rushed or pressured, I'll be in that RP for the long haul. Even if I lose contact every now and then, I very rarely leave an RP unless I genuinely have no other choice and/or lose interest for one reason or another, and I'll be sure to tell you if and when that ever happens.

So now that that's clear, here's a quick summary of the kinds of RP genres and fandoms that I tend to lean toward. I can and will branch out of my comfort zone sometimes if a particular story catches my interest, but these are the genres that I will almost always have an idea in mind for.

Fantasy (Modern, Medieval, Ancient, etc.)
Mystery/Detective
Action/Adventure
Mythology
(esp. Greco-Roman, but I can do others too)
Historical
Sci-Fi
(sometimes)
Fandoms (occasionally, depending on the extent of my knowledge on the fandom in question)

On the other hand, there are certain things that I will NOT RP, simply because I personally am not comfortable with them. Please don't take this personally if you like any of these, as this is only my own personal preference.

Slave/Master/BDSM-based RPs (Historical or fantasy RPs that would reasonably feature slavery and/or slave characters (e.g. an RP set in the Confederate South during the American Civil War) are fine as long as it's not the main focus, but I don't do any RPs specifically centered around BDSM or a slave/master relationship.)
Sex scenes or overly sexual content (Implied tensions or occasional suggestive bits are okay, but I'd prefer to skip past and/or fade to black for anything beyond a PG-13 rating.)
Anything overly religious or blasphemous/sacrilegious (I have a healthy respect for religion and religious beliefs in general, so I would rather not do any RPs that would involve disrespecting religious subject matter.)
Bestiality/Pedophilia/Necrophilia/Etc. (...NO. JUST NO.)

And that's about it for now. If you have any questions, feel free to let me know!

Last edited:
Reactions: N0X
Hey there! Welcome to STC :emoji_blush:
Feel free to PM me or one of the staff once your approved if you have questions or just want to chat!
Dont worry about sexual content, thats against the forum rules. (Linked here)
I have one question - Do you prefer 1x1 roleplays or group roleplays?

Will do, and thanks for letting me know! :emoji_blush:

I like both 1x1s and group RPs for different ideas/plots depending on the desired scope of the plot. I’ll generally do 1x1s for small-scale stories focusing on a certain handful of characters, and I’ll do group RPs for larger-scale RPs focusing on a larger cast/universe/etc.

Hey, welcome to STC!

I've also got a question - are there any fandoms you've roleplayed before?

Yes, quite a few actually. The first fandom I role played was Teen Titans (the 2003 cartoon version), and then from there I started picking up other fandoms based on whatever caught my interest at the time and/or what fandoms I knew well enough to pull off in a roleplay, including Pirates of the Caribbean, the Harry Potter series, Avatar the Last Airbender, and Kingdom Hearts, among others. Sometimes I’ll even experiment with lesser-known fandoms (Joey Graceffa’s “Escape the Night”, Andres Borghi’s “The Black Heart”, etc.), but in those cases I make sure to design the RP so that even someone with zero canon knowledge of the fandom can still RP in it without any problems.

Welcome to the forums! I hope you enjoy your stay and find an RP or two that fits your liking ^^

Back