New User New Beginnings

Breakneck

Hey! Im Breakneck, I'm a new user here and have more recently gotten back into writing. I'm in the works of attaining an english degree with a minor in music. I'm really interested in doing rp's and I'm really exited to be here!

Welcome to STC. You're already started on the process to getting approved. We like to see a bit of positive involvement with the community here before you gain full privileges to make role play posts and such. So, here are a few areas that you can make some meaningful, quality posts in. It is more about quality than quantity and usually just a few in a variety of areas will get your account flagged and then the Administrator will be able to approve you when they next get on. So, these are each hyperlinked so that you can go straight there and see the various areas to post in. If there is not a thread to your liking in some of them, then go ahead and make a thread of your own. Main Lobby, Writer's Circle, Discussions & Debates, and/or Creative Forums

Great to see a new member on the site. Out of curiosity what year are you in your studies? What do you find the most compelling about English as a major course for study?

I'm a freshman in college and am currently majoring in classical saxophone performance, however this will change within the next few days to align with my goals and future plans. My plan as of now is to persue writing as a profession, though I'm starting pretty late in the game and have a lot of work to do, it makes me extatic to finally get back into it.

Freshman in college makes it late in the game to pursue writing as a profession? So what kind of writing for a profession? Journalism, fiction, attorney or something else?

I absolutly love fiction writing, probably going to focus in dystopian or science fiction for a while before I branch out more.

Aha, well very good. I'm glad to see you joined us here. When looking for writing partners I have found that creeping about and reading some of their posts helps me determine which peoples I would fit well with. Style, length, and ability to carry story lines. Those are the sorts of things I tend to look for. So, feel free to poke about and make a few posts in those other areas that I mentioned earlier. When you get approved there are plenty of people around here that enjoy group role plays and a group of us that enjoy 1x1. Additionally, I can say with some pride that there is even a small number of folk that dystopian and science fiction genre writing. I'm sure you will fit in just fine.

Thank you, I was actually reffered to this site by a friend who does RP's and would really love to join some.

Welcome. I'm a fellow writer and role player. I've found that a lot of the people on this site are very kind and willing to help. Hope you like it here, like I do.

Back