New User New Guy Here

Dorian

Hello everyone!

I'm new to this site, but I have a bit of experience with online writing/RP. Thank you for this site and the opportunity to meet some collaborators.

My favorite genres are science fiction, and anything post apocalyptic. I do enjoy many others though, and am always ready to try something new.

Again, thank you for the site!

Welcome to STC. You're already started on the process to getting approved. We like to see a bit of positive involvement with the community here before you gain full privileges to make role play posts and such. So, here are a few areas that you can make some meaningful, quality posts in. It is more about quality than quantity and usually just a few in a variety of areas will get your account flagged and then the Administrator will be able to approve you when they next get on. So, these are each hyperlinked so that you can go straight there and see the various areas to post in. If there is not a thread to your liking in some of them, then go ahead and make a thread of your own. Main Lobby, Writer's Circle, Discussions & Debates, and/or Creative Forums

Great to see you around Dorian. By the way, it is always exciting to see another science fiction fan. Are you into science fiction that allows for creative bending of the rules or a more hardcore science fiction sort of guy? What is an example of your favorite kind of science fiction show? (Star Trek, Star Wars, Stargate etc...)

Welcome, Dorian! It's nice to meet you. We're glad to have you. Make sure you take a look around the site and get involved in a few of the general threads so you can start posting in actual role plays! Helpful tip: They're looking at quality over quantity. :>

We're glad to have you and I hope you find you're time here enjoyable!

Vanilla or chocolate ice cream?

Thank you Silence and BrookeDi, I will definitely head over to those threads and do my best. Admittedly I prefer hard sci fi, however I am pretty flexible. If there is an intriguing plot line to it I'm into it regardless of how accurate the science might be. I love my Star Trek! Star Gate is another favorite too, and I also enjoy Star Wars as well. Have you seen the TV series (that was unfortunately canceled after its 3rd season) called Dark Matter?

Ice cream, UUM! Vanilla or chocolate...it really comes down to what kind of day I am having I think because they are both tasty. And rocky road, don't forget rocky road ice cream, lol!

I probably would have enjoyed Dark Matter, but we didn't have tv stations when I was a kid and parents would periodically put the tv away. As an adult I don't even own a tv right now. Thinking about getting one. So, no, I have not seen Dark Matter. Maybe it is on Netflix or something.

It is on Netflix, oh yes! I hope you will check it out! The synopsis is a group of six people waking up on a space ship having no idea who they are or why they are there. Nope, not an original story line at all, but I love the way it plays out. It is written by the same guy who wrote the Star Gate series. I found it on Netflix and just as I finished watching season 3 word came out that it was going to be canceled. Typical of my luck anyhow.

Dor Malor, welcome to STC. Lol.

If you want a place to RP when you’re approved, I’d be happy to send you an invite to my forum here. Plots about heroes trying to stop robots destroying their universes.

They’re making their own universe from pieces of other universes.

Hey. Welcome. I love to rp too, and to write. Once you've completed the process of being accepted as a member, send me an rp or check out my Play-by-Posts and see if any interest you. It's always good to see someone new join the site. It's a great place to be.

Back