Nocturne (Always Open)

Verse Zero

"The only difference between us and the beasts at are doors is this thin veneer of being civil."
xHRNbmr.jpg

The Roleplay
Role players will take the mantle of an individual or house seeking to gain power in Nocturne; or hold the status quo; you may be human or vampire, or anything in between. It is a brutal world and while the façade of civilization is present in Nocturne. A good summation is, 'Being civilized is just a thin piece of glass.' Backstabbing to downright murder, raiding a persons land and people, or allying with them are all viable options. All the while internecine squabbles take place the constant threat of foreign attacks are ever present.
Now there is no magic in this world. So you cannot have magic powers, sorry, as the role play draws from the concept of transgenetics and what could be the issue with that. That despite Nocturne is a stable society (in regards to the rest of the world anyways) and doesn't go on large scale pogroms against other races it still has deep seated issues. It is nowhere near a Utopia.
The role play setting is medieval tech with no magic.
The Setting
The role play is set in 2833AD, more than 800 years after a series of post-apocalyptic events led to the destruction of early 21st Century human civilization. It all started in 2020AD with a series of atomic wars over increasingly scarce resources; coupled with the emergence of a series of anti-biotic resistance plagues which swept across the globe. These global pandemics not only devastated populations but a few even caused mutations in human/animal genomes. Leading to the emergence of savage mutants and beasts.
The first Werewolves appeared as a race in the decades following the collapse of contemporary human civilization. These first Werewolves were wild, uncontrollable beasts, that favored human flesh. Assaulting the remaining human fortress-settlements. Emerging from the shadows, were the Vampires, who with what may seem an ironic sense came to humanity's aid. Taking the fight to the Werewolves, mutants, and beasts they managed to scatter them in Europe. But in the 23rd Century the emergence of Lycanthropes, or Lycans for short, a werewolf capable of controlling their transformation and feeding on animal meat emerged in what was once known as France.
Allowing for surviving humans to found their own post-apocalyptic realms. The majority of the Vampires settled in Central Europe. Founding the city-state of Valeria in the Carpathian Mountains. From this they founded the Realm of Nocturne. Nocturne spans the Carpathian Mountains, Hungary, Austria, Moravia, Bohemia, Bavaria, Slovenia, The Alps, and North-Eastern Italy. Nocturne is a surprisingly egalitarian society given that most areas despise those not of their own kind. Humans, Vampires, and minorities of other races capable of assimilation live within the Realm. Occupying various offices, economic classes, and working in a variety of areas together. Struggling in this new harsh world.

The Known World

V6l8pN2.jpg

The Map Key
Purple: Boundaries of Nocturne
Red: City of Valeria
Maroon: Demarcations of Nocturnes Nine Provinces (Valeria is a city-state and doesn't have a province for itself)
Blue: Other known realms (surviving humans)
Black: Wilderness, barbarian, beasts, mutants...basically "HERE BE BAD STUFF"
Political Map
sHAeMuH.png

This is a simple political map of incase the above one is hard on certain monitors.

The Realm of Nocturne
Nocturne was allegedly founded 833 years ago (actually putting it before 2020 and well before it was probably formed) with the only truth known by the Vampire Elders who went through great pain to cover up any negative repercussions. Mainline propaganda is that the Vampires saved Humanity and that they must work together. Though the Vampires have been known to hold no qualms about crushing human rebellion or civil disobedience without question. Prizing a 'just and ordered' society above all else. As that is the only thing holding back all of civilization falling a second time.
The Realm of Nocturne is divided up into Nine Provinces in fief to the City-State of Valeria where the central seat of government sits. The Provinces while on paper are provinces they are in actuality often acting as feudal states with a wide array of freedom in their internal affairs. Valeria only directly controlling the Provincial territory it sits in, acting as a core territory or homeland. The Provinces themselves vary widely in population and economic ability. Valeria, Tyrstria, Balatora, and Magyan hold the majority of the population and except for Magyan holding most of the economic assets. The other provinces are rather undeveloped in terms of economy and population. The total population of Nocturne has not been accurately recorded via census. But on average a city, which are few and far between, usually has 25,000-50,000 living in or near the walls (if it has walls). Most villages or towns have stretches of wilderness between them. Especially in the least populated provinces.
The City-State of Valeria, made up of Seven Districts, is a large urban metropolis holding 1.2 Million souls. No known city except for the capital of the Empire of Konstantia comes close. With the average city or town holding 25,000-50,000 people along with being few and far between.
The Government of Nocturne is headed by a Council which is the Legislative arm. The Council formed by representatives of the Nine Provinces. The Judicial Arm fulfilled by the District leaders of Valeria. While the executive arm is fulfilled by the reigning Elder or Elders should the situation call for it. The Vampire Elders take turns reigning as the chief executive authority within Nocturne, while also able to preside over Court cases and cast a vote in the Council. Additionally the Elders rotate in ruling, two slumbering while the other reigns, only all being awake when required. The Elders: Vlad, unyielding and uncompromising but able in military and by far the best in political affairs; Markusz Aurelian, the philosopher and intellectual to the core; Amelia, skilled warrior and fair of judgement but ultimately uncaring for politicking.
The Military arm of Nocturne is comprised of three groups. The all Vampire Death Dealers whom are loyal to the Vampire Elders; The all human Valerian Guard who are the city-states mainline troops; and the Provincial forces which may vary widely depending on their fighting style, tactics, and leadership.
Death Dealer appearance
HPz0YrP.jpg

Valerian Guard appearance
5YicEyY.jpg

Currency of Nocturne

Sun: Golden coin at 24 carats
Moon: Silver coin at 12 carats with two making a Sun
Half Moon: small silver coin at 6 carats with 4 making a Sun or two making a Moon.
Copper Penny: 200 pennies make a Moon and 400 makes a Sun.
On Vampires
The Vampires are not like the typical mythos in that they do not burst into flames from Sunlight. They can walk about during the day, the caveat being that prolonged exposure or being malnourished leads to what is called 'Sun Sickness'. A really bad reaction to the UV radiation of the suns rays that weakens them, blotches their skin, and will eventually kill them like someone took being heatstroke times a thousand. In addition the Vampires are a generational race; though they can slowly reproduce sexually. The Elder Generation (the three Elders) are the oldest and most powerful, possessing the most Vampiric blood; First and Second Generation Vampires also known as "Purebloods" are sired or born from Vampires who only the Elders predate; Third Generation Vampires tend to be the run of the mill vampires; Fourth Generation or Halfbloods are weaker Vampires; Fifth Generation or Quarterbloods have the least amount of Vampiric blood.
Nocturne being an egalitarian society; at least on the surface, local lords may have their own qualms; there is no overt discrimination between Humans and Vampires or blood mixing. In addition Vampires are forbidden from feeding on a human unless it was voluntary. As Vampires do not need to solely drink human blood but may survive off that of an animals perfectly fine.

My Character (more will follow)
rJFWvCq.jpg

Name: Amelia
Titles: Duchess of Transylvania, The Elder Princess (not to her face)
Race: Vampire (Elder)
Physical Appearance: (If you don't have an image or simply wish to add more detail)
Biography:
Not much is known of Amelia in her early life. Her history only accurately beginning after the founding of Nocturne, of course even then the Vampire Elders did much to rewrite history in their own image, so even then much may be conjecture or outright lies. Much of her history is told in the Annum Vampirum and the Annals of Nocturne.
In the Annum Vampirum which gives a timeline of her life states she was born in the 'Old World' and was one of the original Vampire Elders. Helping lead the Vampire race and their newfound Human allies into driving back the hordes at their doors. Helping found Valeria and ultimately forming Nocturne. Personality wise Amelia is well received by Vampires and Humans alike. Being held as beautiful and just in her duties. Able to lead men into battle but not much into politicking. Caring little for legislation but will take Court cases should they fancy her.
Amelia is also the only Elder to be the head of a Province. Holding the title of Duchess of Transylvania and as such is usually engaged in protecting the Eastern Frontier and prosecuting campaigns into the endless wilderness there. At the start of the role play Amelia is the reigning Vampire Elder for the last thirty-three years.
Being the only female Elder her hand in marriage is much sought after, and the tale of many a minstrel.
Additional Information:
As the Duchess of Translyvania she has control over its military forces. The Athanatoi or Deathless Ones is the military order dedicated to her.
Athanatoi Warrior
If a Provincial Lord
Name of Province: Transylvania
Name of Provincial Capital: Drakenberg
Population: 125,000
Military Size: 10,000
Military Info: The Athanatoi prefer to fight as heavy infantry, cavalry, and missile troops organized into companies of 100-250 warriors.
Economy Info: Transylvania is economically mediocre with its primary industry being mines and woodworking. Most of its people outside of Drakenberg live in small hamlets and villages.
Q6QZxcQ.png

History/Information of Province:
Transylvania is the Easternmost province of the Realm of Nocturne. Bording Magyan to the West and Balkora to the South-West. To the East it is bordered by the Kingdom of Rumova while its Northern marches give way to the Ukrainian plains and the mutant tribes that call those lands home. Border raids and sorties from the provinces military are commonplace. Though the Mountains provide a natural barrier they are not impervious. The mountain passes must be watched and while the communities in the Carpathians are few and far between they are a hardy bunch. Often the first line of defense should a foe seek to penetrate the mountains and enter the Transylvanian basin.
Transylvania's provincial capital is the City of Targon Minas (former Targu Mures), population of 28,000, and situated within the Transylvanian basin. It is from here that the provincial government reigns in Amelia's stead when she is not present. As such the Province can be seen as a Oligarchy made up of appointed officers while Amelia is away, and then transitioning into a feudal monarchy when she is present and reigning as Duchess.
Transylvania, before Nocturne, was a land of vast forests giving way to snowy mountains. It's people scarce and constantly at war with the beasts of the forests. When the Elders took power and began building Valeria, they also expanded Nocturne. In the Provinces own history Amelia led an army of Nocturne into the Transylvania and drove the beasts from the forests. The people in joy crowned her as their overlord. A more fanciful story is that Amelia alone wandered into Transylvania, and following the call of a raven climbed the highest mountain. Slayed the Dragon Durogast, and with that deed the land bent to her will, proclaiming her Lord of all Transylvania.

sHAeMuH.png

I wish to establish a small empire of mutated humans approx in the purple area marked near Germania. In a frenzy for old world tech, and starting the signs of an industrial revolution, they are gathering steam, but beset on all sides by werewolves and humans alike, while geographically isolated from Nocturne. ~800k, called the Jagannath Empire.

sHAeMuH.png

I wish to establish a small empire of mutated humans approx in the purple area marked near Germania. In a frenzy for old world tech, and starting the signs of an industrial revolution, they are gathering steam, but beset on all sides by werewolves and humans alike, while geographically isolated from Nocturne. ~800k, called the Jagannath Empire.

Hello! As the Co-GM of this RP, I do not believe this faction would be allowed, unfortunately. I don't think Verse would allow any group to be so technologically advance, probably Renaissance tech at the most, and maybe then, not that.

Also, the Mutant Tribes are located to the right of Germania. He may want your faction to be on the other side. That's a lesser point, though.

I'm not denying your faction, just telling you some possible issues I found. Hope this doesn't dissuade you from joining, I'd like to see as many players as possible in this RP.

Can I make a race of troll/orc mutants, like big humans? I was thinking they could be in the Principality of Novoro, but they can go wherever they would work best.

Can I make a race of troll/orc mutants, like big humans? I was thinking they could be in the Principality of Novoro, but they can go wherever they would work best.
Co-GM's opinion: Sounds good to me. Need to wait for @Verse Zero's thoughts though.

Let me clarify a bit on the points you brought up.

Firstly, the faction isn't "industrial era" not by a longshot. I phrased that poorly. On the verge of a technological revolution, perhaps. There tech is near Renaissance, a bit ahead and a bit behind. Their steelworking is more advanced (hell, it's steelworking), their engineering is ~Renaissance, and explosives are in their most rudimentary state. They pursue technology religiously (literally, it's their religion.)

Part of their backstory is they migrated out of the mutant/barbarian area to find somewhere they could settle, somewhere where conditions were more constant. They didn't find them, but they managed to gain a foothold anyway.

@SedentaryCobra

Population would probably hover around 100-150k. Can always expand after the start of the role play to incorporate more peoples.

The issue with tech in this setting is that most everything would have been wiped out following the fall of man. Books in libraries would have disintegrated within 40-100 years let alone structural failings and fires from infrastructure degrading. Then the Elders saving what they could (which was pitifully little and only what they wanted to save) preserved what they could with Nocturne. Nocturne is much an allegory to Rome and Greece in regards to technological achievement. Not saying you have to be worse, you don't have to be, but the benchmark is roughly 15th Century level or Roman-Greek (since we didn't surpass them in all aspects till much later) level of Antiquity.

So you can have advanced steelworking that fits the tech level (Longswords, people who can afford plate armor can have plate armor, advanced casting and forging techniques etc). Check.

Engineering, well very Early renaissance (1480's-circa 1500). So that should be fine.

Explosives, yeah rudimentary ones sure, but they'd be exceptionally rare and extremely expensive to use. Plus a bit impractical unless conducting siege warfare.

The migrating is perfectly fine in my eyes. So no problems there. The maps just offer a generic direction for people to get a sense of the world's layout. We can always improve upon it later.

@Yoda

The Principality of Novoro are humans, they could be around Novoro or in that general vicinity, I see no problem with orc/troll mutants. How big are we talking? Like Lord of the Rings sized trolls?

Can I go up into where Russia used to be? They will look something like a combination of these:

05926f007928faa0bc13b49007996e16.jpg
2012131408141.jpg
fbb99637fef9ca561b4c7425daf30394.jpg

Last edited:
Can I play a werewolf (Lycanthrope) who can control his powers, shifting into a werewolf whenever he wants?

Co-GM here!

Can I play a werewolf (Lycanthrope) who can control his powers, shifting into a werewolf whenever he wants?

They already do that. I'm making an Alpha Lycan right now. Do you want to be a part of my tribe? You'd be part of the Obsidian Host, who number a thousand strong.

You could make your own tribe if you wanted. You'd be an Alpha Lycan, and the largest tribes include up to 1000 Lycans. I feel like that's the most an Alpha Lycan could hold under his hold.

Reactions: WiZ
No second in commands. If you want to have things your way, you can challenge me to a fight to the death :D. Pure Barbarian tribe with me.

Here's my sheet, feel free to copy.
o-k7aqhj5Nk.jpg

Name: Grendel of Mont Blanc
Race: Alpha Lycan
wendigo_by_m00r-d8fmyio.jpg
Biography: ???

Name of Tribe: The Obsidian Host
Tribe Population: 1,000
Tribe Information:???
Tribe History: ???

"Sunder those who defy the Primalpunk Testament.
Scorch those who curse our litany.
Hold fast, for the future is ours to take." --Calux Deathmantle

[url=
Capitol: New Essen
Colors:
Orange-Red and Black
Current Leader: Davot Deathmantle
Government Type: Absolute Nationalist Monarchy
Population (Approx): ~192 Thousand (63% Jagannath, 35% Human, 2% Other)
Standing Army: 2,500
Maximum Supportable Army: 20,000
Military Info: The Jagannath maintain a low standing army, but can raise a large one in a short amount of time due to a united people and a warring and industrious culture. In war, they abide by a "He who protects everything, protects nothing." policy. They will abide losing ground if it means striking back with an unstoppable retaliation. However, when pushed to a limit, they will force an opponent to bleed for every inch of ground.
Economy: Stagnant. Limited reserves of gold and silver and lack of trading partners hinders overall wealth in the country.
Industrial Output: Extreme. Advanced forging techniques, vast coal and iron reserves, and a religiously industrious people make the Empire able to produce arms, armor, and tools at a frightening pace.
Agricultural Output: Good. Most trees have been removed for extra arable land, which, in addition to steel plows, allow for a sizable surplus harvest.
Currency: Electrum Coin : ~55% gold, 45% sliver, 10% strengthening metals. Impressed with an anvil insignia.
Steel Coin : small disc Jagannath steel, pressed with a hammer insignia. 20 to an electrum coin
Brass Coin : small disc of brass, pressed with a ingot insignia. 10 to a steel coin.

The Jagannath are a race of human like mutants, originating approximately three to four hundred years ago from the mutant wastes as a strain of normal human.
Height range is, on average, an inch or two shorter than that of a human. Weight range is, on average, 50-70% more than a human of the same height, with number going to as much as double that, in extreme cases. Jagannath reach maturity around the same time as a human, but often die around the age of 50-60 from heart failure.

The explanation for the Jagannath condition is fairly simple. A mutation within their body increases tissue and bone density by an astonishing amount, rendering them stronger and tougher than a normal human by a fair margin. While still injured by swords and claw, they take considerably more effort to kill, given the increased tissue density creates additional resistance when being struck. The increase in density, however, tends to stunt growth, leading to shorter individuals. The increase in tissue density also leads to major issues later in life, causing the heart to work incredibly hard at give out at an early age, relative to humans. The longest lived Jagannath was recorded to by 66 years old before dying of heart failure. Their body, however, ages at the same rate as humans, meaning their strength is generally maintained throughout their shorter lived life. Their hair and eyes are almost always grey, and their blood is a brighter shade of red than normal for humans.

Diablo-III-Reaper-of-Souls-concept-Art-8.jpg

Jagannath shock troops (above)

Due to their strength and bulk, Jagannath use their coveted steel forging techniques to create heavy armor and weapons for their troops. The cumbersome weapons and armor used are generally considered impractical due to their weight by other races, but are effectively used by the Jagannath troops as effectively as ordinary soldiers in their gear. Due to their size and preferred weapons, Jagannath generally eschew cavalry, often simply too heavy to ride them, especially in full gear. This lends to their standard weapon of choice often being a heavy glaive, due to its anti cavalry ability as well as being an weapon in melee. The Jagannath are also proficient in ranged weaponry, matching the devastating effectiveness of their melee. Wielding their unique compound bows and utilizing their great strength, the amount of energy behind a single arrow is often more than enough to heavily damage, if not outright penetrate completely, most conventional armor.

Primary Jagannath Troops
Shock Troops:
Light armor, glaive
Linesman: Medium armor, war axe, large shields, guisarmes,
Knights: Heavy armor, heavy weapons. Well trained veterans.
Greatbows: Light armor, large compound bow, arrow and quiver, glaive

Traits: Industrious, Nationalist, Zealous, Religious, Militaristic

The Jagannath are a united people. Having been beset on all sides for many years, they have developed an unparalleled cultural unity, and a unique culture at that. Basing their society around a tome known as the Primalpunk Testament. In it, it speaks of the forge as a way of connecting to ancestors, and the reforging of old technology as a path to the future. Over time, the Jagannath have expanded industry, forges and temples doubling as one, and with artisans (Forgemasters) therein dedicating their lives to the study of metallurgy. Jagannath products almost always serve a functional purpose, haven spent years having to make every scrap of resources count. Jewelry and other forms of art or decoration are nearly nonexistent. Most Jagannath do, however, have a family ring, unique to their bloodline. The products of the forge they do produce, however, are often intricately designed or carved. It's unusual for anything, be it a set of armor, a piece of pottery, or a family ring to not have fine and detailed designs etched into the surfaces. Even items as simple as a brazier or a button are often delicately carved metal.

In society, most everyone trains in combat in some form, be it from a military instructor or a warrior in the family. Everyone knows how to fight. Given that, soldiers are never held in high regard (not to say they are held in low regard, either.) The top of the cultural hierarchy is the Deathmantle family, who have tremendous support from the people from their previous actions. Following that, is the forgemasters. Both smiths and priests, they are the great craftsmen of the Jagannath, as well as the spiritual leaders of communities. No Jagannath community is complete without a forgemaster. Behind the forgemasters in social standing are other types of artisans, followed by the soldiers, then most other professions somewhere behind that.

In terms of men to women, gender roles are similar to that of pre war society, with men often being the more dominant sex in most roles. Women can still occupy high positions such as forgemaster, but are few and far between compared to their male counterparts. In the military, women who choose to serve are trained and fight separate from men. The number of women in the military, however, is a small fraction.

The Empire of East Germany began as a tribe of the Ural wastes several hundred years ago, (although the first of the race were seen some time before that) a powerful mutant tribe of the barbarian wastes, strong and well resolved in their determination to conquer. Driven from the wastes by the larger Orc warbands, they forged west, seeking lands to settle. Led by their first leader, Vulkus Deathmantle, they carved a path through the weaker Germanic states, seeking out a fertile and rich land to settle. What they found was the Rhineland. Trapped by angry Germanic States and lycanthrope tribes, The Jagannath Empire was founded through blood and iron. Tapping into natural resources of coal and iron left largely untouched by the old state of Germany in their quest for renewable energy, they were able to produce weapons and armor enough to keep themselves armed. In their darkest hour, however, first High Forgemaster Azreal Black discovered secrets of the old world. The secrets of steel. In a vision given to him by the Forge Spirits, he wrote the holy text of the Jagannath, the Primalpunk Testament. The litany detailed the Forge Spirits, and the awakening and reuniting of mankind through the reclamation of the technology of the old world.

Searching across the ruins of old cities, they sought out what knowledge they could. Nothing they could use remained, save the scattered metals of the old world. Metallurgy became the chief concern of the Jagannath. Learning how to reforge and create new alloys, their new weapons and natural tenacity and strength allowed them to undergo a bloody baptism to forge their own nation. It was as the initial wars ended that the first king, Vulkus, died. His place was taken by his son, Asmodeus Deathmantle. He began the transition from a tribe into a nation, and began forming the warriors of his people to soldiers and craftsmen. Building up from the capitol of New Essen, he began the incorporation of the Primalpunk Testament into society in totality, and the establishment of the Forgemasters and preist-smiths, who would commune with the forge spirits to make incredible suits of armor and incredible weapons. Farms were cultivated, and industry was expanded under his reign. The Jagannath population rose quickly with a surplus of food. Still under pressure, however, the Jagannath people became a close knit race, extremely proud, deeply stubborn, and incredibly resolute. Asmodeus was killed while defending a werewolf incursion with an greatly outnumbered force.

The third king, Corbuvaan Deathmantle, proved himself to be a military prodigy. With a populous nurturing a deep seated rage against the lycan peoples, he began several campaigns, expanding into lycan territory, driving out or exterminating those who tried to stay in the path of their army. A new city was founded by him. Named Corbuvaan, it sat atop the ruins of old Cologne, and was built into another major stronghold over the course of his reign.

The fourth king, Andran Deathmantle, continued the expansionist policies of his father, Corbuvaan. Moving eastward and southward into the warring German kingdoms, he established a precedent that would be followed by all future kings. Ordinary humans would be allowed the opportunity to live under Jagannath rule. Those who accepted would be given land to cultivate, and the tools to do so, and expected to pay the Empire. In return, they would be given full protection, and allowed to live as full fledged citizens of the Jagannath Empire. They would, however, be forbidden from the military and Forgemasters, which hold great cultural significance to the Jagannath. The precedent proved to be remarkably effective, the people of the Germanic states, tiring of constant changes in borders, kings, and alliances, as well as lycan attacks, capitulated willingly in many situations. Eventually throughout Andran's reign, humans grew to become a major sect of the Empire's population. With the ordinary humans farming the land, the Jagannath were able to spare more men for the military than previously, without weakening the overall quality of their forces.

Subsequent kings followed the precedent set by their forefathers, and expanded the Jagannath empire to where it is at present. Reaching a size to become a power in Europa, the Jagannath Empire stands with six strong fortress-cities, a veteran, well equipped military, and their ruler, Davot Deathmantle.

65ab1a5ccb42fea724d607beda2b2ec3.jpg

Name: Davot Deathmantle
Race: Human (Jagannoth)
Titles: King of the Jagannoths
Physical Appearance: 265lbs, 5'9", many scars across body,
Personality: Calculating, Competitive, Resolute, Scheming, Blunt, Inventive
Interests: Strategy, Puzzles, Machines, Design
Skills: Analyzing, Managing, Speaking, Patience, Combat
History: Davot, the middle child of the seven brothers in line for the throne, came to the throne by both circumstance and tenacity. The eldest brother, Calux, left to become a forgemaster, abdicating his right to the throne. His elder two brothers, twins, engaged in a bitter struggle for the throne, which Davot engaged in from the sidelines, gathering his support through charisma and strategy, more cunning and deceptive than his two older, more hotheaded brothers. As Davot's father, Pyriel, assigned a task for the two older brothers to complete to see who would take the crown, Davot had ears to the ground to hear it. The challenge was simple. A lesser tribe of werewolves had been raiding outlying villages, no more than fifty at the most. Destroy them. Davot, who had thought ahead, and gathered support beforehand, quickly amassed some of his allies to exterminate the werewolves. He managed to persuade on of Pyriel's trusted advisors to come along as a witness, so neither of the twins would take the credit. With bow and sword, they drove the werewolves away. Several injuries, but none dead on his side.

Davot made no mention of this, biding his time for the correct moment to break the news. As the brothers, almost simultaneously, gathered their soldiers and set out, they found the lycans were dead. Both attempted to take credit. Neither would back down. Davot watched silently as his brothers dueled one another to the death. As the battle begun, he said to the twins, as they donned their armor, that he had killed the werewolves. The twins, beleiving Davot to have been persuaded by the other to try and get them to back down, took to the field with all the more zeal. As twins, they knew each other well, and had the same skill and strength. They inflicted mortal wounds upon each other in the duel. Davot lay next in line for the throne. He was crowned at 19, as his father Pyriel died in his sleep. As of his younger brothers, one became a forgemaster, and the other two he named as Warmasters of his army, to command divisions of the military to protect the people.

Davot's reign was marked with expansion northward, towards the ocean. Managing affairs at home, deliberating between various guilds and factions, working on taxes and policy. He was a natural leader and politician, with the skills of an administrator. As his brothers conquered land to the north with small expeditionary forces, carving it out piece by piece, he strengthened and built up his homeland.

He has a single son, Kardos, whose mother was lost in childbirth.

I hope I included enough information. ~2k words should be enough.

Back