[OOC] Endurn: Heart of the Alauum

Rainy, would Valya's parents recognize Eruanna for her mother? Would they mistake her? See the similiarities or think she looks familiar?
Perhaps. Her father came from Vatar and remains part of the smuggling/criminal type, so Valya's parents/Valya herself might know him/recognize Eruanna's similarities in him. Or maybe they are secret half siblings.

I can add a more detailed description/timeline of the whole thing if you'd like. But Eruanna probably more closely resembles her father than her mother.. Hmm. I hadn't thought about it much. But I do like the idea of a connection being there.

I am going to make a Dhomharan Mage of Defense, that is part of the Eastern Clan. At least this is my plan right now might change before I am finished :p
YES hello fellow Dhomharan! Though Moren is naturally an Ore Dhomharan (Western Clan), his mother lives in Mogarn and he lives nearby in Esaer!

Do you have any information about the fashion norms of the various civilizations? This is actually kind of important for the character I'm going to create.

Edit: It's mostly the materials I'm interested in.
I'll type this out for you tonight, okay? Give me an hour or two to get my son to bed :)

That sounds good, thank you.

Meanwhile, Pumpkin was busy contemplating whether she should go with mage of illusion or mage of alteration. She knew she could write illusionists better than any of the other available classes, but she also knew if she did go with mage of illusion, she would have to ditch her current character idea. She stared off into the sky as she contemplated her dilemma.

Edit: Oh, someone already got mage of illusion. Guess I'm going alteration, then.

That sounds good, thank you.

Meanwhile, Pumpkin was busy contemplating whether she should go with mage of illusion or mage of alteration. She knew she could write illusionists better than any of the other available classes, but she also knew if she did go with mage of illusion, she would have to ditch her current character idea. She stared off into the sky as she contemplated her dilemma.

Edit: Oh, someone already got mage of illusion. Guess I'm going alteration, then.
She should also know that Stoic had mentioned that they were probably choosing Illusion over Death, if that helps your decision XD

Since my players are being oh so nice and understanding back on Iwaku, I'll take tonight to focus (finally) on Alavara and get her fleshed out. Though...should I scrap her and make a male, Soul?

de54417122c482c25d6c482f4d654165--long-red-hair-men-long-hair.jpg

BASIC
Name: Zaos Presden
Race: Sylvuin
Culture: Coniferous
Hometown: Sora Vuun
Personality in 5 Words: Flamboyant, Dedicated, Compassionate, Judgmental, Sarcastic
Descriptive Personality: Though he can be flashy and vain, he is likely one of the most loyal, dedicated Sylvuin one would ever meet. He cares deeply for those he cares for, and cares very little for those he doesn't know. He can be sarcastic and judgmental, but aren't we all?
Mage Spirit: Mage of Intuition
BACKSTORY
History: Born and raised in Sora Vuun, his upbringing was fairly typical, despite the fact that he was born prematurely, causing him to be rather sickly as a child and physically weak all throughout his life, his mother was quite critical of him, always wanting him to look his best, and his father would often take him into the wilderness to learn to hunt (because his father was cheap and didn't like having to pay for meat and his mother didn't mind cleaning it), and though his parents just passed away recently while trying to relocate (they were attacked by looters), he still carries a locket with locks of their hair for luck, and to keep them with him. His parents raised him to be proud of himself and everything he does, and to love with no bounds, though his grandmother, who passed when he was 17, would always whisper to him about the flaws of others, which made him cautious and quick to judge, as well as instilling a belief in him that everyone lies, and he should as well, but having her in his life taught him to have great respect for his elders. His grandmother also taught him to use mana, which is part of the reason why they were so close and spent so much time together. In addition to this, his grandmother taught him to lie, believing that everyone else did, and that it was a good skill to have for life in the outside world.
Relationships: A slight kinship with that girl who always comes in looking for fresh flowers for her ailing mother, but otherwise, he doesn't have many friends.
CHARACTER
Strengths:
Compassion: His parents raised him to be compassionate and try to see the good in others (though his grandma pretty much taught him the opposite), he can often be seen stopping to talk to those less fortunate and giving them flowers from his shop.
Curiosity: His curiosity knows no bounds, whenever he hears a new word or concept, he often looks into it- for this reason he has a lot of rather useless knowledge on random subjects.
Charismatic: Though more often than not, he chooses to avoid people, if he chooses to, he can be quite charming and could make friends easily if he so chose.
Quick on his feet: Whenever his father would take him hunting, he would be the runner, going to get the kill. Because of this, he was always one of the faster kids in the village growing up, and he still can be seen going out for runs when things are quiet at the shop.
Skills: Amateur in mana usage: He's decent at using mana, though there are many better at it than he is. Still, he could hold his own in a fight if he needed to.
Talented liar: Because his grandmother always taught him to lie, he has learned to be quite a talented liar, though he has an obvious tell, which no one has ever told him about because they wanted to be able to know when he was lying.
Decent climber: Because his father made him run to get their kills when he was a child, and those kills were not always in convenient locations, he learned to climb. He knows, for the most part, where to put his hands and feet and where not to, but there are certainly many people who have better climbing skills (and stamina) than he does.
Amateur hunter: Because his father taught him to hunt, he does have some hunting skills, though they need improvement and he can't clean for the life of him.
Weaknesses: Physical strength: Because he was born prematurely, his muscles are a bit underdeveloped and he doesn't use them much, being a florist, aside from when he goes out hunting, but he uses mana to make up for his physical weakness.
Self-Conscious: In spite of being judgmental himself, he often worries what others think of him, sometimes to the point where it keeps him up at night. It can be especially distracting when he has a set goal or mission in mind. The reason he's so self-critical is because his mother was critical of him growing up. This is the main reason he tends to avoid getting too close to people.
Liar, Liar: He's a talented liar but has an obvious tell if you know what to look for (he messes with his hair when he lies).
Cleaning kills: Though he can hunt, he is terrible at cleaning his kills, in part because he doesn't like getting his hands dirty and in part because his mother always did this part for him growing up.
SOUL ABILITIES
1st Soul Ability: Compassion Encouragement (Spurs compassion in others) If he needs to win someone over to his side, he can, with the right words and a bit of luck and concentration, appeal to their compassionate nature (no matter how deeply buried it is), to make them believe he's doing the right thing and help him out. At first, it may not be very effective, causing someone to perhaps pity him more than empathize, they may offer him a few coins or point him in the right direction, but not do much to help, but it could be developed to the point where the individual will temporarily join the party to offer guidance or assistance in battle.
2nd Soul Ability: Genie- he can, at first, see an individual's deepest desires, and later on may be able to discern a path to it and deliver it to the person. He must have a connection with the person in order for the spell to work, however (meaning he has to get to know the person).
3rd Soul Ability: Spring Eyes
4th Soul Ability: Wayfinder
5th Soul Ability: Growing Heart: Zaos gains the ability to convert friendship into real strength. The more relationships he forms and the more allies he collects, the stronger his body and mana abilities become. At first, it'll only be small boosts, extra stamina the odd day, the ability to cast a more draining spell, but as he continues to grow his network of support, his body will become physically fit, strong, and durable and his mana stamina will increase vastly, BUT, none of these relationships may be influenced by any of his soul abilities. They must be real connections.
PERKS
Culture Specific Perk: Coniferous (Animal Identification)
Race Specific Perk 1: Ressurection
Race specific Perk 2: Nimble Above and Below
Race Specific Perk 3: True North
OTHER
Distastes: Dust, rust, overly strong smells, people who dress inappropriately for certain occasions.
Preferences: Intricate details, shiny things, plants and animals.
Aspirations: All he really wants is to arrange flowers for his own wedding, but he can't seem to find a suitor.
((Updated again. XD))​

Last edited:
Psh, Rainy, what male in Illos would want loner Pomona? Her foot in mouth syndrome could only be endearing for Avren, and he's already taken, haha!

It's looking like my charrie shall remain female, though. I just liked the images I found of the female more relative to the Odakkai...plus, she's all rogue-ish and badass. Which was what I was looking for. XD

I need more explanation on almost all your points :D But it's a really good start. I LOVE the concept XD

I have some stimulating questions for your work:

So, at this age, he's around 19 years old in human years. Are you okay with a char that young?
How can someone be judgmental and compassionate? Why is he judgmental?
he has learned to have a tolerance for other races.
Why did he have to learn this? Is it not innate in him?
parents just passed away recently
From what? Both of them? How did this effect him?
though his grandmother, who passed when he was 17, would always whisper to him about the flaws of others, which made him cautious and quick to judge
Ah, an answer to my question about compassion and judgements XD Crazy old woman
Growing up, his father wanted him to be a glassblower, but he always loved nature too much to want to try it, so though he is rather talented at glass blowing,
So, glass blowing would be done with Air, mana, just so you're aware. They use mana in all that they do!
Strengths: Compassion and curiosity.
I want more strengths :) Are those really his only strengths? He isn't smart? He isn't charismatic? He isn't fast? A critical thinker? etc.
Skills: Flower arranging, glassblowing, woodcarving, and smooth-talking.
So, in a CS, the skills section is supposed to be focusing on abilities relevant to an adventure. I love that he can do these things, but when it comes to the plot? So what? I want to know if he can jump, if he's fit, if he can use a weapon, if he's good at certain kinds of mana, if he's got good people skills, if he's stealthy, if he's good at healing, etc. Focus on him as a character in an adventure RP, rather than a character in a slice of life RP :)
Weaknesses: His physical strength is lacking, and, in spite of being judgmental himself, he always worries what others think of him.
Try and formalize this and elaborate. Instead of "he always worries what others think of him" explain to me why being self conscious is a weakness, how it affects him, why it's even on his CS. The same goes for the phsyical weakness. Is it a problem that he's weak? What made him weak? His career? Does he have mana to use to defend himself so he doesn't need to be strong (very possible)? Etc.

So overall, the CS is a really, really great start. I love where you're going with the character and I think he'll fun to RP. My tips:
1. Flesh everything out more. Explain things, clarify, and justify.
2. Maintain a focus on the character as being a part of an adventure RP, stay away from a slice of life RP style sheet
3. Try to have at least 4 strengths, 4 skills, and 4 weaknesses. If it's a challenge, it'll help you get to know the char.
4. Finish it! :p It's looking great so far, keep going!

Psh, Rainy, what male in Illos would want loner Pomona? Her foot in mouth syndrome could only be endearing for Avren, and he's already taken, haha!

It's looking like my charrie shall remain female, though. I just liked the images I found of the female more relative to the Odakkai...plus, she's all rogue-ish and badass. Which was what I was looking for. XD
He's enamored, but not quite taken. She's so new... who knows? Plus there's chapter two!

Oh, by the way: the Endurn races page has been updated with an attire section, save the odakkai which are still a work in progress.

Back