[OOC] Endurn: Heart of the Alauum

@Stoic and at everyone else really, please make sure all non-dialogue font is left in its natural color. 'none' on the color selector. This ensures everyone can read it regardless of the theme. Since the body of most posts is the non dialogue it's important to at least keep that legible. I can't control what color you choose for the dialogue, but let's keep the mom dialogue colorless so we can all read that part with ease. I use the darkest theme and I have to hike up my brightness and state very closely to read black font XD

I might have missed it, but what do those points mean?

OH: I should state this very clearly:

I have a system of rewarding active players. I do this because, well, active players should be rewarded and it creates incentive for inactive players to be more active in the IC. In my roleplays, your writing in the real world (i.e. posts) directly dictates the amount of things your character is doing in the IC world. If you're not posting, the plot must go on regardless, so it's just assumed that your character has been more idle than usual through training, conversation, etc. It just makes sense once we get into things and see character development and skill development for some players and very little for others, despite them all having spent the same amount of time in the plot.

So, I give stat points for posts, meaning the more you write, the stronger your character gets. Posts get you points ACROSS THE BOARD. This means all skills increase by one point at a time, save select abilities like fabrication which the three elven races can't do, etc. The point system is as follows:

Regular Play:
1 Point = 4 <3 Paragraph Posts
OR
1 point = 2 >3 Paragraph Posts

Events:
1 Point = 2 <3 Paragraph Posts
1 Point = 1 <3 Paragraph Post

I also add specific points if I see your character developing in a certain area (so, maybe you regularly write about your char working on a type of mana. I notice that and apply it.)

I'll usually say "Event start" and you'll know, but sometimes if I'm in a good mood i'll just apply event point status to the point counting when I'm tallying them.

Also: I'll try and tally the point at the end of every page, maybe at the end of every 2nd or 3rd page, depending on how busy I get :D

So, I posted for Moren to give you all an idea about what's happening and how it'll feel for your chars.

Not all of them will bind easily, of course. that's up to you.

Now, no soul abilities will be unlocked, not this second anyways. None of our char's know the Talohm Heroes' names either. They presence will fade to a very unnoticeable level after a minute or two of the soul binding happening, and then your Talohm wont speak to them again for quite some time.

When the Talohm does speak to your char, itll do so via Me sending you a PM or just posting in the IC what your spirit is saying to you. They aren't like, a second character for you to play. They'll largely be played by me, and only rarely. For this scene, however, feel free to make their dialogue since I dont' want to have to go back and forth with players for a simple scene like this :)

This will be fun- when does it start?
Yup! We just started the ic today. So you'll definitely be able to start writing by tonight or tomorrow. I just have to Pm you your stats for yiu to edit slightly and then your char is in I believe.

I did a dark grey for the Talohm, but I am not sure it works, let me know if you want me to change it back to black.

Aww I can't get to the IC
Haha very soon. You just have to do your stats. I can start you in the IC before I give your your 5th soul ability because the soul abilities aren't unlocked in the IC yet. So once we get your stats done and the personal goals (which I think I can get a pretty good idea of from your CS) then you can hop right in :)

At this point, I feel it would be best for me to drop out of the RP. I apologize for any inconvenience caused.

At this point I'm just holding up the RP, and my planned backstory most likely conflicts with the lore, and at this point, I do not have the time nor the interest to re-write my character from scratch.

At this point I'm just holding up the RP, and my planned backstory most likely conflicts with the lore, and at this point, I do not have the time nor the interest to re-write my character from scratch.
I think you're making a lot of assumptions. Nobody said you were holding up the RP. The RP is exactly on schedule with no hold ups, most certainly none caused by you. As for your character, you should probably show it to the GM first and let me decide if it conflicts with lore, since, well, I'm the one who decides if it conflicts with lore. I've been excitedly awaiting your CS :) You're playing the only other Almiun. Don't just give up before you even gave it a chance :p

Oh yeah I'm going on vacation starting July 4th- I may not be able to post until the 10th, but if I can find the time to sneak something in I will, but it might not be as long as I usually write.

Back