Aww, love it! Poor Ara...

Okay guys, I am a bit busy today with my baby, so I'll be posting a little later. Do not bother about including me in any posting order, I'll make sure to keep to your timeline with my answers ;)

MJK I'm glad you are with us, take your time, I can understand real life gets hectic at times.

Let's have fun! :)

Also, I'm considering finding someone to play Connor, since he is figuring more than I initially had planned :p

My alerts are screwy in general. Not the best functioning part of the site. But yeah, it would be good for you to have someone to write back and forth with. We can all eventually meet up, but for now it seems the plot has taken Lis and Ara different places.

It seems most my threads are fickle and warn me when they feel like :p

And indeed, I don't think Lis should be finding Ara for the time being. I'll be posting a little later, sorry again >.<

Right, this is a looong post and I didn't get to finish. I'll have to do it tomorrow morning. I'm glad to see what you brought into the game, inkdragon. Very glad you joined us :)

I took longer because I had to change things a bit. I think I found a player for Connor, and then I didn't want to RP the argument with him on my post :) We'll see if it works out.

large.jpg

Name: Valerie Theryn (a.k.a - Val)

Race: Elf

Power: Elemental magic

Appearance: Valerie has very exotic, willowy features as most elven people do, as well as faintly pointed ears that curve slightly at the tips. She shares her mothers bright, emerald green eyes and her father's thick blonde hair which reaches about waist-length and is curly. Depending one whether her region is experiencing summer or winter, she may have slightly lighter or darker skin. She is of a medium height, with peachy-hued lips and long lashes that frame large eyes. Val can usually be seen wearing a soft, fluid fabric a forest-green colour that could almost pass as a dress if it wasn't for the long slit down the right side that revealed tight trousers which ended in her booted feet. On her neck and ears there are woven but simple items of forged silver and to cinch in her waist she usually wears a thin, wrap-around string of leather that doubles as a sheath for the her main weapon, a sword, and occassional dagger. The elven-steel sword was a gift to her when she completed her swords training, the metal engraved with an elven blessing on it's shaft and perfectly balanced to suit her fighting style. On her right arm, circling just above her elbow, is a tattooed marking placed on her when she was born. Upon closer inspection it appears to be a weaving, twisting piece of vine. This marking points her out as a child born into a noble family.

Demeanor: Valerie always appears to be light on her feet and poised. She is often quiet, assessing situations before her and trying to solve problems with a sense of determination that makes her slightly stubborn and frustrated at times.

Background: From a young age, it was well known that Val was born with magic flowing through her, a gift that only presents itself among those descended from noble blood. Not all nobles develop the ability to control things such as fire, earth and water and it has become a rarity indeed for a child to acquire such a talent. Thus, Valerie has always remained guarded and protected, her training involving swordsmanship in order to better her self defense along with vigorous training in the elements. She grew stronger and stronger every year, the reward for efforts when she was finally finished with her tutelage being a specially forged elven sword. However, things are not as peaceful as they seem, with a secret force rising to take over the current nobles rule in order to gain power over the elven regions and the wealth they hold.

Last edited:
Hey @MJK2431 I'm sorry for the delay, things have been a little bit hectic on my end and to top it off, alerts are still very screwy

Your character seems good to me, just tricky to weave in the story, so I am working something with @Scalerender that wants to join us as a Mage Hunter and try to toss Lis and Val together in a small storyline to try and forge some connection and we see how it goes from there. Are you up for it?

Also, should I wait for your editing?

d6f54776de82cd5a0383a5795ecef29f.jpg

Name: Lord Stavros of house Enkili, Knight of the Order of the the Silver Flame, Lord Inquisitor of the Mage Hunters.

Race: Human

Class:
Fighter/Mage hunter.
-Expert swordsman and investigator.
-Mental conditioning to resist magical persuasion/Mind controll
-Extensive training in use of Alchemical Talismans to counter Magic

Background:

Stavros's upbringing was what is to be expected for the firstborn of a noble house in good standing with the crown. He was provided with the best education and training available and wanted for nothing in his early years of live. He carried the weight that came with this privilege easily and believed firmly in the idealized notion of nobility.

This all changed on the night of his wedding.

Stavros was set to marry a young lady from an allied family, a young woman that unbeknownst to him had spurned quite a few lovers when she decided it was time to turn her back on a life of debauchery. One such lovers was a Mage with an unhealthy obsession for her paired with an unfortunate mental instability. What would have been a night of merriment and cheer turned into a hellish nightmare as the Mage unleashed a terrible curse upon his house. Laughter turned into screaming as the virulent affliction spread from body to body, igniting the souls of those it touched and slowly burning their boddies to crumbling husks. Lucky few survived, saved by fluke of destiny or strong spirit. Stavros was powerless to save anyone, including his bride which died screaming before him.

Stavros became obsessed with vengeance, using his estate's wealth to fund and support the local Mage tower and buy his way into the ranks of the Mage hunters. For years Stavros subjected himself to the grueling training and experimentation of the Mage hunters and set on a personal crusade to bring rogue Mages and apostates to justice, preferably the kind that permanently subdued them. Stavros became a member of standing within the Mage Hunters, rising to the rank of Inquisitor and later Lord Inquisitor at relative young age, he was a noblemen in name alone...his estate nearly ruined in his absence and ruled by his family's steward.

As the years passed so did the burning fire of hatred and vengeance die out and Stavros came to question his place in the world and the practices of the Mage Hunters. As the number of powerful apostates and cults dwindled over time the attentions of the order he so fervently supported fell on the lowest of Mages, those barely aware of the curse they bore and even unwilling or frightened to even suggest possessing it. They were hunted as witches, tortured, experimented upon...to no end. It was in this second difficult time in his life that Stavros came into contact with the Order of the Silver Flame, a knightly order that shared interests with the Mage Hunters yet elevated it to a more morally sound belief instead of a cold legal duty that was prone to corruption and perversion. The order believe magic users need restrictions and even culling at times but also needed protection, from both themselves and those wishing harm upon them for unjust reasons. The Silver Flame Knights are few but influential, enjoying the favor and support from key members in the Royal Familly, they are however at odds with certain elements of the Mage Hunters that have grown used to their unlimited power and status within the kingdom.

With a renewed sense of purpose and belief Stavros set out to make the changes he believes need to happen, traveling from region to region to assist Mage Hunter enclaves in their duties as well as make sure they do not abuse the power their responsibility gives them. While Stavros has rank and influence he is not making himself popular and rivalries between him and less enlightened Mage hunters have begun to fester, leaving the question how long it will take before something more dire will happen to Lord Stavros.

Demeanor: Developed during play

Appearance: Stavros is tall (1m90 and at peak condition far beyond what his age should allow, results of a strict training regimen and experimentation, some illicit, by Mage Hunters in order to create a more efficient hunter (Many of these experiments were funded by a young and vengeful Stavros, something that still haunts him). He has dark hair and chestnut colored eyes, handsome features and a noble bearing that easily betrays his privileged upringing. Stavros is rarely if ever seen publicly without his armor and Blue/red/gold Mage hunter uniform. He bears the markings of his rank (Lord Inquisitor, military equivalent of brigadier or brigadier general not in way numbers controlled but rather height in the chain of command) and the heraldry of his Order proudly.

c8826587f742e62c4a5b66ab6e619b13.jpg

Name: Illian Swanter

Race: Human (Half-Elf)

Class:
*Squire, Moderate swordsman
* "Unweaver"Sense Magic (passive), Dampen/Counter Magic(focus), Banish Magic (Incredible effort and concentration or very slowly over very long proximity) (see background)

Background: Illian's life was harsh from birth. Sired by an elven father in an non-consensual encounter with his human mother made him a constant reminder to a horrible event that scarred the woman's life. While a mother's love may be unconditional the man married to his mother had no such inclination and thus Illian grew up without a father in a broken home. The villagers shunned the woman and her child and over the years superstitions of curses and witchcraft surrounded them. His mother was an accomplished herbalist ad medicine woman and easily played the part of "witch" to the uninitiated. As for Illian, its not that he tried to, but his "gift" certainly enforced some of the rumors. As long as Illian can remember he was drawn to places and items that felt "wrong", he'd wander the places and collect these items never truly knowing why but always feeling them change as he spend more time with or around them until they stopped feeling wrong or out of place.

Eventually after being blamed for the 10th time of souring the cattle's milk a Mage Hunter came and investigate, Illian prepared for the worst. Stavros was not like the stories of Mage Hunters dragging children away from their mothers torturing witches in some tower. he was a charismatic and noble individual that connected rather easily with Illian. Stavros was not intent on persecuting them, nor was he there for the vilager's sake, he was in fact there to prevent the villagers from doing something foolish. He stayed however for an entirely different reason. Stavros noted Illian had an innate ability of banishing or "unweaving" Magic. A latent and passive ability that could be focussed through concentration, a fac Stavros had noted when confiscated items which had been enchanted by rogue mages suddenly became suppressed and eventually released the magic.

Stavros told him his ability was incredibly rare and only rumored to exist but never confirmed, it made him special but also very much of a threat to allot of people on both side of the fence. When Stavros offered him a place as his squire Illian eagerly acccepted, feeling it was providence that a Mage Hunter had discovered his gift. Stavros taught him the ways of battle, hunting mages and helped in discovering the meaning and ability of his gift. Illian does not yet realise that Stavros keeps him close to protect him from both Mages and Mage hunters who would experiment upon him until they were offered answers. Answrs that Stavros himself does wonder about, fluke of nature, the next evolution of mankind, the elven blood or the reason of fading Magic given flesh.

Whatever the case, Illian is driven to take his place in the world and is becoming more sure every day that it is his purpose to quench the influence of Magic over mortal lives. His growing fanaticism is only kept in check by the more tempered Stavros who wishes to instill the more balanced beliefs of the Silver Flame in his pupil. But as Illian grows to understand himself more Stavros is beginning to lose touch with the young man who has changed so greatly in the last 3 years.

Demeanor: Developed during play

Appearance: Youthful good looks blended with elvish elegance. Slightly pointed ears, eyes the color of sun-kissed leaves and tow colored hair. He has a strong athletic build and stands taller then most men (1m96), his slender physique mostly hidden by bulky armor. While not an official member of the Mage Hunters he does wear their colors on his clothing.

Hello, my name is Shadras and this RP caught my eye while I was browsing through them. I've read the story so far and I'm intrigued and would like to join. I've sketched out some characters below and would like your opinions on if they'd fit in or not. If yes, then I'll make their full design and join up.

One quick question before I begin, would a half Nord-human be possible and would they be able to have magic?

Alfhild Thell: A 23 year-old female nord/half-nord who is working in the north to unite the clans under her father and rebel against their orc overlords. I know the RP is nowhere near her right now and have no issue holding her in reserve until the plot reaches her location as I'll have another character, or characters, who would operate where the plot is now. She's growing steadily more and more angry at the sheer stubbornness of the clans and seeks some unifying artifact of ancient Nord lore to unite them all. However, she needs to consult a Shaman for clues to its location. Much to her continued anger, they have become scarce and hard to find as the Orcs, fearing rebellion, have quietly had many exterminated. She's a woman with long, golden straw blond hair that reaches to the middle of her back in mix of free flowing and braids with blue eyes with the hue and fierceness of chips of ice. She is garbed in full plate and wielding a mighty, two-bladed and handed axe. For the sake of secrecy, she is currently alone on her quest.

Vidar Thell: 23 years-old and still quite innocent. Vidar is a half-nord druid/shaman with the magical mark. Abandoned at birth in a forest, Vidar was not, surprisingly, devoured by the animals. Instead, he grew up there, learning their ways, secrets, and the ways to speak with them. His magic is wild and borderlines on being feral, but it is also peaceful. The man himself is kind, happy, morally upstanding, and innocent. He has little idea when he is being lied to, but it is hard to coerce him into doing something he feels is actually wrong. Hobbies include traveling the forest, standing up for the weak, being harmonious with nature, and punishing woodcutters who don't replace the trees they cut down by having their wood suddenly sprout limbs and swat them away like annoying flies before growing roots and replanting themselves. "People must respect their trees as they would their homes, if they do not, I will not!" He's remained at liberty because few people would actually have the necessary skill to track him through his forest. While he has made forays into human culture, he's never stayed too long until now. You see, Vidar has had dreams all throughout his life; dreams of songs, strange tales, and of giving a weapon to a woman with blond hair far away. However, he has no idea where either is and, upon what he thinks is his 23rd birthday, has decided to set out and find them. He brings his staff, his snake, the clothes he made for himself, and a few surprises, Vidar heads out into the southern human lands in search of adventure, the answer to his dreams, and the discovery of the human culture.

If one hasn't guessed it yet, the Thells are twins separated at birth. The reasons and full stories of these twins, I'll either post later with after I get my initial response, or you can ask me about them directly. Vidar is meant to be able to appear in any of the plot lines so far as he's simply traveling and can be worked in however you all wish. I can, of course, create other characters if desired. I look forward to creating the story with you all.

Shadras

@Scalerender We love your characters, good stuff! It's gonna be interesting to see where these antagonists take the plot.

@Shadras I am so happy to have someone interested in playing the Nords, I kinda have a weak spot for the race :) I like the concept of lost siblings, it keeps with the theme of the bonds that define our lives very well. A Nord/Lorrite is indeed possible, less likely to have been a pretty love story case, but not impossible either. Lorrites kinda hate Nords for all the land they stole, which doesn't rule out the RomeoXJuliet type thing.

There are a few concerns about a couple of points, though. The ones capable of Nature magic are Elves, so for your character to have druidic powers, (which would be very rare indeed given that Nords are incapable of magic) it would have to be an elf pairing. Which is also possible. Lorrite magic is more purely arcane, enhancement, enchantment, conjuration, illusion and such.

Your point about the Nord Shamans is very true, they are the connections to the ancestors and their visions are too troublesome to be ignored, so Orcs mercilessly kill any they learn about. However, bear in mind that in a society like theirs, so heavily entrenched with ancestry worship, half-bloods like your characters will invariably be treated with mistrust and disdain. So you have to consider that kind of element on your background too. Maybe just more fuel for Alfhild to keep to her pursuit, I say.

We are working on the idea that all our characters are somewhat deviant magic users, as in, unusual, so it doesn't mean your character can't be unusual either. I could see an element of fierce animals on Nord's clan nomenclature or heraldry, perhaps through an ancestral connection to animal spirits you could do spirit magic instead? It would be something new and strange, just like Illian's power. Feel free to toss about your ideas here so we can get your sheets ready. We have already been discussing some ideas to present to you and @MJK2431 on how to weave you both into the story and that we can all have some good adventuring fun together. :)

@Maeriel Wonderful! I shall then proceed to adjust Vidar to the proper lore and build both character sheets. I like the idea of him wielding spiritual magic which is fueled by the Lorrites arcane wizardry. Hence his uniqueness that allows him Shamanic visions along with a power to wield. It will also allow me the chance to work with a character who has extensive amounts of ritual based magic, which is something I rarely get to do. Of course, without a teacher, Vidar is hurling himself rather blindly into these relatively untested depths and, while the spirits and animals of his forest home were kindly to him and raised him as best a beasts could, I doubt that all spirits he crosses paths and contacts will be so kindly. He is going to be so wonderful!

You are quite right, Alfhild will merely take opposition in her stride and use it as fuel. Fuel for anger and dedication to her quest of course. She has many issues from her childhood, many of which she thinks can be solved with a plated gauntlet to its face. Poor girl, but she does have the needed directness to always face her problems.

With integrating them, I mildly thought that Vidar would meet up with your character, namely because your character is on her own at the moment, however I'm open to alternatives. He could also meet Valerie on the road. But in any event, Vidar is meant to try and fit in anywhere needed. I try to make at least one flexible character so their integration is smooth. He would, however, likely avoid mage hunters, even those with upstanding morals, as a gut instinct and rumors from his forays would have him not trust them and skittish when they're around.

I'm glad you enjoy my character concepts. It is true, these two Thells are not a pretty love story. Both have lived its results, although one is far happier for it than the other. It will be interesting to see how Vidar develops as people discover what he is, ethnically and magically. With Alfhild, well she's just more than likely to grow angrier and angrier, unless positive influences begin to happen to her life. Two important lore question before I go, are there any Nordic customs with childbirths, like taking them to see a shaman, and how long ago was the war?

I will likely be able to get these character sheets up today, just after I clean the house.

P.S. Are there dragons?

Hey @Shadras ! Really glad you are gonna prepare your sheets. Looking forward to having someone so creative and enthusiastic join our fun bunch ^^

Answering your questions: You can come up with a childbirth custom, if you wish. Remember though that Nords have been slaves for decades now, having effectively lost 100 years before this point. The war hasn't actually ended, just grown cold, and rather guerrilla-like on the Dorn's end.

Dragons are said to exist, but no one has ever seen one and they are fabled to be rather ruthless, animalistic things, not the D&D kind (sentient and able to morph into humanoids) and what not, more like... a dinosaur.

Anything else?

Back