God Name:
Louis Nicol. Reincarnation of Lugh of the Long Arm. Not really associated with anything.
Patron of:
  • Skill
  • The arts and crafts
  • Oaths, Truth and Law
  • Storms
Pantheon:
Ancient Gaelic (Irish) god, part of the Tuatha Dé Danann (Basically if the Greek/Roman gods were forest spirits.)

Nickname: N/A

Appearance: Standing at a striking 6’5”, Louis’ body is composed almost entirely of form fitting muscle, wire-y body coupled pale olive skin and bright, nearly neon emerald eyes that seemed to shine against the rest of his body and contrasted with the sharp, angular look that naturally formed on his face. He has short dark brown hair that is swept back, away from a clean shaven and permanently smirking face.

He is dressed in a rather tight fitting grey t-shirt, with darker grey trousers and black sneakers. One of his ears is pierced, with a simple black dot for an earring.

Powers and Abilities:
Louis has a natural talent at all things that require physical work, able to pick up incredibly complicated subjects with ease and master something entirely new within a matter of minutes. Because of this, he finds himself extremely competent at any sport he should try, as well as the arts and construction. However, he finds himself struggling with the more mental side of things such as Math, not used to actually having to try.

He is also physically unable to lie or be lied to in turn, as he is able to see through any falsehoods. Following along that strand, should he and another being make an oath they must follow it.

As he matures he will slowly begin to come into the rest of his domain, gaining influence with storms and lightning, as well as developing a link with nature and the ability to summon his iconic, flaming spear.

Brief Backstory:
Born and raised in Scotland, Louis lived under the godly radar as his powers manifested in subtle and incremental ways, making it so that instead of seeing the ancient god of storms and skill reborn, the gods in charge of Otherworld Academy simply saw a particularly gifted, if cocky, mortal.

This changed when the second part of Louis’ power manifested, the inability to lie or be lied to. After lashing out at a few of his former rugby teammates, who had secretly been harbouring resentment at how easy he had it, he was found and taken forcibly by the gods of Otherworld.

Quickly falling back into his role as a Jock, Louis found himself rather enjoying being around people that could give him a challenge, making sure to crow with every victory as he played every sport he could. Life was good, as long as he simply ignored maths and kept having fun at school. Sure, he didn’t see his parents anymore, but he found it was easier than he thought it would have been to move on from them.
I'm loving it man- I have so many plot threads this guy is going to be perfect for
All the gods we've chosen are pretty competitive so I feel there should be some sort of school vs school sport or competition among the school houses with multiple categories. :)

Also very interesting to see that everyone has chosen unusual gods, not the typical Zeus/Hades/Poseidon thing which I really appreciate because it makes things stray from the boring norm :D
I've had the school V school thing planed for some time- the rivalry going to be one of the main focuses of the later game. There are also going to be heaps of chances for these guys to face off against each other, so stay tuned

I'm planning to post some of my CS after the OP is out (later today, I have a migraine right now)

https://www.storytellerscircle.com/threads/otherworld-academy-for-wayward-gods.6087/
Annnnnddd we're live! The game is now starting, however, sign-ups are still open to anyone else who wants to have pulled a sick day for the start of school. Essentially, this event is designed for you guys to pick your social class and get to know each other and anyone else at the table-- I will take control of any named NPCs at the tables for any exposition you might need, and feel free to create any backstory-friendships with any of them (or any NPCs you want to make). This is your first day back at school, so feel free to catch up and have fun! I won't be able to reply until later tomorrow (It's almost 1 am here so pardon any typos) but I'll be sure to respond as soon as I can

God Name:
Magec; God of Sun and Light

Pantheon:
Guanche

Nickname:
Domivo (The name he was given by his parents.)

Powers and Abilities:
Ability to absorb and output light, as well as control the intensity and refractions.

Brief Backstory:
Magec had lived normally his entire life, his powers were never a threat to him or anyone around him due to him being able to understand it at a young age. He is from Sao Paulo, Brazil. His father worked in an electrical company and his mother was a stay-at-home mother, he also has two younger sisters.

As a child, Magec feared the dark and detested having to sleep with no light on. Not wanting to pester his parents with a night light in fear of being seen as a coward, he slept without one. One night, whilst his parents were away and he had no-one to turn to, he imagined how his room would be like lit up with fireflies around the room. With this, his powers first manifested, balls of light manifested and lasted for a few seconds, flying over him with random patterns. This stirred the series of events that would lead him to Otherworld Academy.

His parents had been accepting of him and his newly-discovered status and were very supportive of whatever choice he decided to make. He visits his family every holiday and cares for them greatly.

Magec found love in artistry and wants to pursue a career in graphic design. He tries to do his best in every subject and studies hard to get good grades. Along with his love for graphic design he enjoys musical theatre and keeps fit to perform from time-to-time as a hobby back in Brazil. He's unsure of how his goal would clash with his duties as a deity but he wasn't incredibly powerful anyway. He’s not incredibly talented at sports and doesn’t understand American Football but he has a lot of school spirit and is incredibly friendly, able to get along with just about anyone.

Transfer/Current Student
Current Student; Elite Table but does sit with the other tables sometimes.

BTW, Are there clubs and stuff? A student council?
If so, that'd be great!
Yup! That sort of stuff will happen later on. I plan to introduce a student election and a sports tournament soon, but right now I think everyone is too focused on brewing 'girl-fight' and a runaway Big Cat to cast votes!

Your character is approved- the Elite table is swiftly becoming the Solar Squad and I love it- it makes sense for people with similar powers to congregate

@MJK2431 just unleashes the most savage character I have ever seen and I'm loving it

Just wanted to make sure no one has a problem with my posting multiple times right? Don't want to step on any toes. :)

Just wanted to make sure no one has a problem with my posting multiple times right? Don't want to step on any toes. :)
I don’t mind. You left enough space in between that if I hadn’t needed to do something I would have been able to respond in time.

Bast is not a fan of snakes so anyone wanting to mess with her in terms of that is going to get the bad end of her temper. :D
Wasn’t Apophis (Egyptian god of chaos and he would be destroyer of the world, as well as enemy of Bast) a snake?

Wasn’t Apophis (Egyptian god of chaos and he would be destroyer of the world, as well as enemy of Bast) a snake?
Yes he was, that's where I got the idea from. I'm planning on developing her character so that her fear of snakes turns into just a hatred and need to destroy them.

You called Lugh a fire god.

He’s gonna kick yer cat.
I meant using a fire extinguisher, but hey if he wants to be offended so that the characters can speak and she can explain to him nicely what she meant (in a slightly sassy tone) then that will work for me. :D You'll get your chance now, I'm about to post again:).

Last edited:
I've posted waaaay too much but this is one of the better rp's I've been involved in for a while and I got excited. :confused:

I've posted waaaay too much but this is one of the better rp's I've been involved in for a while and I got excited. :confused:
Yay talking! That was fun.

Side note, anyone know if the boys and girls in different sections? Cuz I would have Louis come see what’s going on, but if he’s like... half the building away I won’t.

Yay talking! That was fun.

Side note, anyone know if the boys and girls in different sections? Cuz I would have Louis come see what’s going on, but if he’s like... half the building away I won’t.
I think they're all in one building or else there would have been something like that in the rules. When there's a goddess as a principal, I'm sure there's measures to prevent anything unsavoury even if they're in the same area.

Back