@TheGreenerGrey

I think she may be AFK, her last activity was just under an hour ago. It's quite late where I am, so I don't mind waiting to respond to one more post then I'm probably going to head off for a few hours myself.

Last edited:
So right now I'm thinking about doing Yhi, an aboriginal sun/creation goddess. I'm focusing more on the creation aspect of her, though. What'cha think?

So right now I'm thinking about doing Yhi, an aboriginal sun/creation goddess. I'm focusing more on the creation aspect of her, though. What'cha think?
Sounds pretty cool, although wasn’t she kind of evil?

(I myself was thinking of making the Rainbow Serpent, but went with Lugh cuz she ain’t got arms.)

No? I've looked at her myths, she seems to mainly just be a pretty nice creation goddess, creating man and woman, and giving animals their cool stuff and whatnot as well as making the moon and other creation stuff.

God Name: Yhi
Pantheon: Aboriginal (Gamilaraay peoples)
Description: Brown skin and hair, though her hair turns yellow/blonde when using her powers. Her green eyes are similar, though they just get a bit brighter and more intense. Her hair has two modes: Bed-head or Goddess hair. It takes about thirty minutes (though that may be hyperbole) to get her hair into it’s long, flowery flowing state. She sometimes braids it when she’s feeling energetic. Her body is pretty curvy, and she has generous womanly assets. As for clothes, a green tank top with a yellow shawl covers her torso, though on cold days she’ll wear a full on jacket. Jeans are her normal legwear, but blank leggings have made an appearance on her off days. She likes to wear gold jewelry and will often sport some traditional aboriginal face paint when she decides to put effort, often white and yellow dots and stripes, sometimes doing more extravagant patterns. She loves doing these to other girls during sleepovers.
Personality: Yhi never had to really try. Things usually just came to her, which made life pretty easy. This has given her a habit of laziness, sleeping in a lot and not trying in anything she doesn’t care about. The things she does care about are friends, plants, and animals. Her room is basically a garden, where she enjoys secretly experimenting with her blossoming powers. She loves sleepovers and doesn’t understand social structure very well, making her an awkward nice popular girl, though it mainly just comes through as her either not caring or telling everyone to take a chill pill.
Powers/Abilities: Creation stuff, she can make plants and can summon light and warmth. She can’t make or alter animals but they do like and respect her, though she has less power over them than specific animal deities.
Bio: Born in an aboriginal tribe to a farming family, life was good. Once she was born, the plants started to yield more harvest and grow faster. As she grew up, she was bright, loving to just play in the fields. She got noticed pretty quickly after her favorite tree started doubling in size every week. Negotiating with the tribe was difficult, and required generous gifts and a promise that the crops wouldn’t start to wither once she left (Demeter found herself making some more trips to Australia after that). After that, her abilities started growing, and she started getting better at controlling her abilities. She picked things up pretty quickly but slowly started to become lazier once the amazement of education wore off. Her straight A’s dropped to B’s, which most of the teachers really didn’t mind.
Current: Somewhat popular due to her nice nature and pretty looks, so she makes it onto the Elite table.

I think they're all in one building or else there would have been something like that in the rules. When there's a goddess as a principal, I'm sure there's measures to prevent anything unsavoury even if they're in the same area.
Yup! Guys and girls rooms are in the same building, only in different floors, so feel free to visit if you'd ever like to.

I'm sure Minerva will be ready to block anyone who tried to...make any new students if you know know what I mean haha
Right, see ya in a bit lol
Though maybe we should let Crom get a word in edgewise.
Don't worry about it, guys. The more conversation, the better. The timezone give some me plent of time to catch up, so interact as much as you like. I'm loving reading all this content
I've posted waaaay too much but this is one of the better rp's I've been involved in for a while and I got excited. :confused:
Woo! Yea boi!

God Name: Yhi
Pantheon: Aboriginal (Gamilaraay peoples)
Description: Brown skin and hair, though her hair turns yellow/blonde when using her powers. Her green eyes are similar, though they just get a bit brighter and more intense. Her hair has two modes: Bed-head or Goddess hair. It takes about thirty minutes (though that may be hyperbole) to get her hair into it’s long, flowery flowing state. She sometimes braids it when she’s feeling energetic. Her body is pretty curvy, and she has generous womanly assets. As for clothes, a green tank top with a yellow shawl covers her torso, though on cold days she’ll wear a full on jacket. Jeans are her normal legwear, but blank leggings have made an appearance on her off days. She likes to wear gold jewelry and will often sport some traditional aboriginal face paint when she decides to put effort, often white and yellow dots and stripes, sometimes doing more extravagant patterns. She loves doing these to other girls during sleepovers.
Personality: Yhi never had to really try. Things usually just came to her, which made life pretty easy. This has given her a habit of laziness, sleeping in a lot and not trying in anything she doesn’t care about. The things she does care about are friends, plants, and animals. Her room is basically a garden, where she enjoys secretly experimenting with her blossoming powers. She loves sleepovers and doesn’t understand social structure very well, making her an awkward nice popular girl, though it mainly just comes through as her either not caring or telling everyone to take a chill pill.
Powers/Abilities: Creation stuff, she can make plants and can summon light and warmth. She can’t make or alter animals but they do like and respect her, though she has less power over them than specific animal deities.
Bio: Born in an aboriginal tribe to a farming family, life was good. Once she was born, the plants started to yield more harvest and grow faster. As she grew up, she was bright, loving to just play in the fields. She got noticed pretty quickly after her favorite tree started doubling in size every week. Negotiating with the tribe was difficult, and required generous gifts and a promise that the crops wouldn’t start to wither once she left (Demeter found herself making some more trips to Australia after that). After that, her abilities started growing, and she started getting better at controlling her abilities. She picked things up pretty quickly but slowly started to become lazier once the amazement of education wore off. Her straight A’s dropped to B’s, which most of the teachers really didn’t mind.
Current: Somewhat popular due to her nice nature and pretty looks, so she makes it onto the Elite table.
Defiantly approved, can't wait to see you post- side note, are you Australian too?

Nope. I'm American (And before you ask, broadly western European genetically). I just wanted to find something cool and obscure. There's so many great mythologies out there. (Thank you Wikipedia deities)

Is Australian, but is stuck in scotland.

Speaking of, to non-aussies, when Crom and I say football, we mean rugby. We aren't hurling a soccer ball with our hands.

Ah, forgot about that one. That works. Right, to the weirdo Europeans then.
I was born in England and had to learn all the lingo in middle school... you don't know the pain of having to ask someone why crisps are called chips, or what soccer is, or why an Emu is on the back of a coin. Glad I'm climatized now, to say the least
It's fine. Sports are weird.
Just you wait until the Otherworld Interschool Tournament... now that's really weird

268f66f3ffb17ecf9d8cf7156fb415c8.jpg

God Name:Izanami
Pantheon:Japanese
Descriptions: Typically wears a modern kimono for her daily outings, (A modern kimono is basically a traditional one with a shortened bottom, and the skirt is turned into shorts) with black leggings and black converses/flats. She typically wears her smooth jet black hair with blue highlights in a messy bun, occasionally throwing bows or chopsticks into the fray.

Her skin is a pleasant porcelain/fair tone, with a few spotting's of freckles here and there. She has a pointed chin and round face, framing a very dainty button nose, and full cherry colored lips which turn a corpse-esque dark purple color when she is using her powers (referencing her rotting form in mythology when she was described living, err, dead, in yomi). She has round Asian eyes, with the iris being a dark brown color flecked with gold, commonly mistaken as a dark gray or black pigmentation(along with her lips, her eyes become a glazed light gray color when in use of her powers, referencing yomi).

She also has a very petit body frame for an 18 year old, and stands at a saddening 5'0, which she is very insecure about, and has a very small bust size(although that might change in the future, idk).

Personality: Izanami has a very perky personality, all throughout her life being pampered and rebelling gainst the dreaded "tradition". Being very brash, witty, and sarcastic, it's obvious she doesn't have a lot of social skills as she is an only child. She enjoys her free time reading books and taking walks, with an unusual infatuation with nature, not being let outside much when she was younger. She can often be found at sketchy cafes and going on pick-nicks when she wishes to be alone, never visiting the same one twice. Her hobbies include gardening, pottery, painting, and occasional trespassing (usually just because a place she wanted to go to was closed, and she doesn't take no's for answers).

Bio: Izanami grew up in a very traditional Japanese family, her original name being Aiko, meaning child, love, and affection. Her mother and father were very rich, and were almost never at home, desperately trying to make up for it by spoiling her as much as they could. Her parents were very reputable, being doctors, and tried to stick to tradition as much as possible, trying to save-face. They expected a lot from her, and they received it, and although she never followed orders, she always did well in classes, especially history. Ever since she was a child, odd happenings were commonplace in the household, such as a maids coming down with horrible cases of the flu, or Aiko's scabs healing in a matter of hours. Eventually, her parents divorced, leaving Aiko in great distress, lashing out by taking part in vandalism, trespassing, and minor thefts. After her parents had just had enough of her outbursts, ready to send her to boarding school, her parents were contacted about their daughters "interesting" lineage, and sent her away with great haste, relieved to get rid of the stain on their reputation.

Powers: Her powers include being able to slightly hover (referencing her ability to fly in ancient depictions of her), and being able to influence ones wellbeing. She can't control it, but people around her occasionally brighten up, healthier than they were before, or become sick out of the blue, with no sickness even going around.

Transfer: She usually sticks to the outcast group, enjoying their dark humor and brashness, sitting with them at lunch and in classes when she can. Although being in a clique, she dabbles in the other ones as well, not too stressed on fitting in certain social categories, being generally friendly to everyone, although she has odd ways of showing it.

Back