• Its tail must have spikes or a club on the end

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Long necks be my jam

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Two feet and big teeth

• It needs to fly

Votes: 5 62.5%
  • Anything in the ice age, I know they're not dinos.

• Total voters
View attachment 650

I've been working on this idea for a little bit, it is heavily inspired by concepts of the Dinotopia series, James Gurney (his artwork featured above).

A world where humans live as part of an ancient civilization akin to Greek or Egyptian, their cities are nestled in a lush continent of high-treed jungles, vast verdant plains and majestic, snow-capped mountains. This utopian society has a very special gift: dinosaurs walk among them. Though they have no voices of their own they are intelligent and are faithful allies of the peaceful cities. They exist alongside humans, helping them and being helped in return. They carry loads, build, even take part in sporting events and games. From the mighty sauropods to the tiniest bird-like reptiles, all are friends and welcome.
The cities have a task force made of humans and their bonded dinosaur companions. Only very special people can bond with very unique dinosaurs and both develop an ancient mind-linked tongue simply called ‘old speech’. Once one learns old speech one can communicate telepathically with any other individual who knows it. These special dinosaurs are called ‘Elder souls’ for they possess souls that have existed since the dawn of time, together, human and dinosaur are given the title Kunpari. These bonded pairs are protectors of the cities and keepers of peace.

But they are not the only ones capable of a special bond. There are more brutal forces also harnessing the power. There are several factions, allying most closely with the carnivorous animals that detest the restrictions placed on them. They believe that the world should be ruled by the strong, and the ban on hunting dinosaurs is an insult to the forces of nature that made them strong.
People and dinosaurs with these ideals were mostly driven out of the utopian societies, however many still exist beyond the civilized borders and want nothing more than to topple the cities and plunge everything back into the simple rules of hunter and hunted. To them, the Kunpari are the greatest obstacle, and they will not rest until the dinosaur knights are destroyed.

The way I see this working is each player would make a human and a dinosaur character. These could be pair bonded together or with the characters of other players. The dinosaurs would be as developed in personality and background as the humans and I would run a series of arcs surrounding our collection of dinosaur knights, offering to help develop characters by focusing smaller arcs on each character that became an integral part of the story.

I'd be looking for about 7 literate players.

Last edited:
I might be interested. Do I have to post a role-play example or something of the sorts?

Last edited:
OK, everything is set up but I'd still love to have a few more players!
@Yoda @romamaro Are you still interested in making characters? Do you know anyone else who might want to try the thread?

I was busy all yesterday, so I didn't have any time to make a form ;-;. I'm just about to start working on it, sorry!

Back