Reaping Widow - Overwatch (Widowmaker x Katie)

'...They were part of my Blackwatch. Their mistake of recruiting my people into Talon...'

Reaper picked up her mask but didn't put it on just yet, the moment she opens the sealed box room, Widowmaker would notice that she was on the sea... and this was a boat. A large one. Behind her, she could see that they were leaving France, and heading towards somewhere else. The ship itself was disguised as a large cargo freighter, a lot of metallic containers at the front and the box room was used as a storage room.

'...We are heading to Cairo. Our final destination will be the Talon HQ in North America...'

The trip was going to take awhile, yet, the ship had enough equipment and gear for Widowmaker to stock up on. By the doorframe was Widowmaker's helmet and rifle, Reaper picked up her gear before offering them back to Amélie.

'I believe, these belong to you. Partner.'

She walked over to the door-frame and held her mask in her hands. All the memories of her kills, her assassinations and her training were flooding back in. Grabbing her rifle, Widows Kiss, she planted it onto her back and put her mask on. "No one will hide from my sights..." She exclaimed, enacting her famous line. "So, any particular reason why Cairo is our first stop? I don't believe Talon had any operations over here." She exclaimed, curious as to why they were heading there. "Wait a minute. We're not bringing that cowboy with us, are we?" She was of course referring to Jesse McCree.

'...That decision is up to him... And I believe you know two more people in Cairo. One is the daughter, and the other, the woman that lost her eye due to you.'

Gabrielle looked towards the distance of the ocean as the ship was going to take three days before they would arrive in Egypt. Reaper gazed back towards Widowmaker. '...You are free to explore, in the meantime. I'll tend to my own equipment...'

Reaper herself walked back into the ship's locker room. With the ship's autopilot function, she didn't have to worry about stirring the ship herself. Assuming she was by herself, Gabrielle sat down on the bench next to the showerheads. Her plan was to clean herself up before anything else. She began by unstrapping her combat boots. Kicking them off her heels as she continued to take off her gear and clothes, folding them nicely in a suitable order next to her. Once she was completely bare, Gabrielle turned on the showers, releasing a warm stream of hot water that splashed against her skin. However, it was at that moment that Gabrielle's right hand began to tremble. Shaking almost, as she felt an intense surge of pain running through her body. 'Why now...' She groaned in pain as she watched how hand began to morph into her Wraith form without command. It was a wisp of black smoke as Gabrielle attempted to control her unstable form and powers. Moira's experiments gave Gabrielle the ability to regenerate and disintegrate her at an accelerated and equal rate, creating the optical effect of her ghostly powers. Yet, at times, her own abilities turned against her due to their unstable nature.

Gabrielle tried to maintain her sanity, trying to keep the degeneration away, while focusing on maintaining her form. She eventually fell down to her knees, the steam filled the room due to the hot water and Gabrielle was suppressing her urges to scream out in pain.

Widowmaker walked off towards the ship's training room, aiming to practice a bit before combat. She made a habit of doing that in-between missions to perfect her aim, as she initiated the training targets at the highest difficulty. "I actually hope we don't get McCree. While he is a dead-eye with that revolver of his, I just can't stand him at times. And that one woman... I don't think she'll be happy to see me again. Not since that day when we met..." She reflected on the past while training, thinking about the one Reaper referred to. "I remember that day all too well. Overwatch were leading a operation against Talon in which they initially succeeded. Then I met her. Ana. We had a snipe off in which she beat me, but she dropped her guard, allowing me to snipe her in the eye. I fully believed that I had killed her, but if she's still alive..." She pondered, thinking about Ana. She couldn't help but imagine what her reaction would be to meet her again. They had a history together before she became Widowmaker, Ana had given her the basics on sniping, which she had since mastered. "And her daughter... I don't think I've encountered her before..." She had then finished her training round. "All targets were hit perfectly. Would you like to---" "Again." "Of course, Widowmaker. Restarting aim practice. Highest Difficulty. Highest Speed." The machine restarted the training numerous times as she reflected on the events. "Gabrielle... Why was she doing all of this for me? I didn't even think she cared enough to warrant restoring my memory and reforming Talon. Does she really trust me that much to show her face? She's never taken her mask off, not even once during a mission or off-duty. As for the people we're recruiting. As much as I dislike McCree, we're probably going to need him. Hopefully they won't be as irritating as they usually are." She muttered, chuckling a little as she proceeded to go back to training. Her aim was impeccable as even on the hardest difficulty of training, the intense speed of the moving targets, she nailed every one in the head. She was truly a deadly sniper to be sure, her aim was incredibly accurate. "As much as I can perfect my sniping, I still need to rely on my Venom Mine and Gabrielle to keep me covered up close." "All targets hit, would--- " "Again." "Of course, Widowmaker. Restarting."

Gabrielle was gone for a while. Almost an hour until her condition had stabled. She took several amounts of medicine and injections to keep her body from falling apart. The process was taxing on her, and it was a secret she had to keep until her ambitions had been realized. Widowmaker was never to find out, or else she wouldn't agree to initiate this long-term plan of hers. '...Keep it together Gabrielle..' She spoke towards her own reflection in the mirror. Reaper had put back her gear and clothes. All that was missing was her mask. She looked at the thing with dread.

A moment after, Gabrielle entered Widowmaker's training room, watching her nailing down all the targets was reassuring to know that her skills haven't dropped from the return of her memories and emotions. Sadly, however, her skin condition was not a thing that could be reversed due to the pigment being completely destroyed from the heart treatment.

'...I see that you are still as sharp as I remember...' Reaper spoke with a hollow voice as she had put back her mask. However, something seemed off with Gabrielle. She stepped over next to Amélie. '...May I?..'

She asked Amélie while holding out her hand in a motion to borrow the woman's sniper rifle.

"Hmm?" She turned to see Reaper hold out her hand. "I... don't see why not. Just take care of it okay?" She muttered, as she hesitantly passed Gabrielle her rifle. Despite having two weapon modes and a strong barrel, it was surprisingly light-weight and easy to hold. Having passed it towards Reaper, she took a step back. "I'm quite curious to see how you'd even perform with a sniper."

Reaper had studied Widowmaker's rifle when they were partners. It was a beautiful piece of technology. A perfect mesh of an assault rifle and high-powered sniping rifle with great accuracy and little recoil. She held the weapon with pride as Gabrielle slowly took aim. Her mask was slightly in the way, and Gabrielle took off her reaper mask, slowly handing it over towards Amélie.

'...Forty targets. Spread out between 50 to 150 meters. Set movement speed to 55 miles per hour....'

Several wooden target boards appeared, and they were spread out before moving around in a confusing pattern. Their speed difficult to pin down as they were in constant motion. Reaper took a deep breath as she took aim towards the mass of targets. Gabrielle closed her eyes, feeling a soft flashback to her time with Blackwatch. When she trained her agents in how to handle a rifle with efficiency.

Squeeze, not pull. Her index finger on the trigger as she started to fire a single bullet that ripped through two targets at once as they made an intersection. She switched to assault rifle mode, before firing off a burst fire of precision. She took out the targets close to her, hitting right in the center of the outlined body on the target practice. She switched to sniper mode, only five shots left and ten targets remain.

Gabrielle slowed her heart-rate, she breathed in a shallow motion before waiting for the intersection of the target practices. She fired another shot, the bullet tearing apart three target practices this time. And by the looks of it, she was about to complete it.

When the final bullet left the chamber, she had finished the training course. Slowly, she handed back the rifle back to Widowmaker. '...That was a good practice. And a good rifle.'

When the target practices return, Widowmaker could see that most of Reaper's shots had been torso shots, while hers had hit the head or heart. Obviously, Reaper wasn't as precise as her, but still impressive she could hit so many.

"Hmm." She noticed how all the shots landed on each dummy's torso instead of the heads. "Seems like you wielded my weapon like a shot-gun only aiming down the sights as a difference. Maybe you should stick to what you're more familiar with." She chuckled, taking her weapon and planting it onto her back-plate. "How much longer until we arrive?"

'I suppose so. It'll be a few days. I suggest sleep it out if you trust me enough.'

She smirked towards Widowmaker. 'And I guess so. Guess you are still the designated sniper.' - She grinned towards Amélie before turning to face her. It was strange how close they were to one another in the shooting range, mainly due to the booth being so small. Gabrielle's eyes couldn't help but wander down toward Amélie's mid-section due to the way her suit was made. Yet, her gaze eventually settles into her amber eyes.

The mood was feeling strange for her. Why did she feel so connected to Amélie? Yet, it wouldn't end up good for either of them. Or would it?

"My eyes are up here, Gabrielle~" She chuckled, noticing how Reaper was staring at her. She couldn't help but laugh at that. "Of course I trust you. You've already done this much." She exclaimed, making her way to the sleeping chamber. She wasn't sure what she meant by "Sleep it out if you trust me enough." But only time will tell what Reaper meant by that. "Ah. Perfect~" She exclaimed, seeing how neat the room was.

Back