Runaways

ChelonianCommander

Strength of Steel, Will of Iron
Benny, a Gnome of perhaps 45 or 46 years of age, it is quite hard to tell for Gnomes, leads the group through an old abandoned subway tunnel that was once abandoned but has been opened without the knowledge of the Commune PD by traffickers and illegal immigrants. The Gnome seems bright, with yellow eyes and rough hands, signifying years of engineering and work. He takes the group through the tunnel to what looks like a decripit and ruined subway ticket booth. The gnome goes into the booth through a gnome sized hole and walks out a backpack filled with various items for the group. He began rummaging through the backpakc and spoke with a somewhat raspy voice.

"Alright ladies and gentlemen. Uncle Benny's got toys and trinkets for you all. Paid a pretty penny for them all too. Just to make sure you don't get caught the first week and squeal on your dear ol' Uncle." He replies and pulls out a series of magical and non-magical objects. "Here you go, a lovely magic jacket for the lovely lady. A magic scarf for the blondie. A pair of magic pants for blow-boy, and moon dial for the wolfman." He says and hands them the corresponding items, an ugly grey and brown jacket, a bland grey scarf, a pair of baggy jeans, and a small watch like device, similar to a sun dial with the phases of the moon on the face. "The jacket will help hide your wings, the scarf will help you keep your head on for a a bit over an hour, the pants will...well they'll give you legs, the dial will let you know when the next full moon is happening." Afterwards the gnome zips up the backpack and swings it over his shoulders. "Now I remind you that you're not safe here. At least not entirely. The humans here will freak out at the sight of...well most of you so I suggest you find a safehouse. You might have to put in a bit of time to live in a safehouse but it's better then living in the alleys. Good luck, and try not to get caught, by either parties." He gives a respectful bow before walking back into the darkness.

Sinclair took the scarf from the young/old gnome. The well-dressed young man didn't mind wearing scarfs, the only problem was that the tended to get lost with the wind. Much like a hat for people with their heads attached. With an untrusting look, Sin wrapped the scarf around his headless neck. Then, with a sharp glance at the gnome, he placed his head over his neck.

Sinclair waited for a few seconds, but his head stayed on.

"Holy shit, this is weird. I'm not falling." Sinclair let his hands fall to his side as he looked around. The Dullahan had never realized how tall he actually was until now. Nor had he ever gotten a good look at anybody from this position either. "Holy shit, Benny, where the hell did you find this thing."

No, really, Sin had never seen a scarf that did this in his life. Of course, he was still rather young by Dullahan standards, but still.

Furlbark grunted, taking a glance at the moon dial as he spins it a few times, eventually placing it in the pocket of his coat. The old hunter was... thankful, for the gnome's gift. His information of the beast was little, but from what he ad gathered he expected to be spending a large amount of time underground or at least in foliage. He would need to keep an eye on te new moon.

The youngster dullahan was making a fool of himself, reacting in such a way to an item that he should have known about as a child. Kids these days, never think about what to do if they end up in the mortal world. Speaking of the mortal world, he needed to get in contact with the people on this side. Set up a safe house, get his tools in order. Get hunting.

The werewolf could feel his muscles tense, a feral growl beginning to make its way up through his chest before he fought it back down. He was not on the hunt yet, and as it stood he hardly had the equipment for it. He needed time.

Turning around, the old wolf man hardly spares the others a glance as he begins to make his way out, under the cover of darkness.

Lavina fondled the jacket for a bit, frowning at its hideousness. But given its magical property, beggars could not be choosers. She wondered where the little gnome got most of these things, they weren't exactly easy or legal items to get as far as she knew. Then again she wasn't exactly doing something legal either so she couldn't talk.

"Thank you Benny, you have done us all a great service." Lavina bowed to him, giving respect where it was due. She often looked down upon gnomes, both figuratively and littearly, but this one has earned her respect. She put on the jacket, looking behind her to make sure the wings were hidden. She could still feel them, but couldn't see them, it was weird really weird. She wondered if they could still make contact with things.

She looked around, and frowned when the old man started to wander off, she wished to stick together with a few of these people, but the man seemed set in his ways, so she said nothing to him.

"I suggest we form a group, find a safe place to hide, and then figure things out from there." She stated to the remaining people.

Watching the werewolf walk off with a huff, a smirked danced on the demon's lips as her eyes followed his retreating form. From what she knew, he was a hunter of sorts and very little was known about his past. He was an interesting man, knew what he wanted and got it no matter what. Slowly lifting a finger to her chin, she thought over her debut to the human world. Perhaps before she would present herself to the humans, she'll have to get her addiction checked out by someone else. Or others, if she was lucky. Grinning, she allowed herself to laugh lightly as the others that were so obviously otherworldly to human beings were given clothes to hide their identities. Truthfully, she was envious of them. The traits that made them the creature they are were important to their identity and they were beautiful and exotic. She turned to the angel.

"Sweetheart, you look beautiful. Even in that hideous jacket."

The soft voice of Asmara rang through the group, she glanced at the angel and smiled with her arms crossed. Walking towards the only other female in the 'expedition', she placed a hand on her hip and winked.

"I agree with that idea. In fact, I think I've already decided a group."

Twisting around on her toes, she jogs off in the direction the werewolf had went.

Last edited:
Leon looked at the jeans which looked like normal pair of Wrangler's, he hesitantly put the over his wisping legs. He called them legs, but really it was more of a pair of cloudy vortex's. Leon pulled the pair over the clouds and the piece of fabric filled out as if stuffed with real Legs, giving form to thighs, glutes and magically formed shoes at the bottom. The shoes were simple sneakers, Converse knock offs but he didn't care. Whatever allowed him to blend in more.

The Djinn tried walking with his New legs, it was awkward but he had planned an alibi for that. He was able keep his human form up, and if anyone asked he would just tell them he lost them in the war, he just planned to get Prosthetic limbs, but the pants helped with that illusion. He was extremely pleased, giving a slight bow to the small Gnome. Crafty creatures, Lean had always had a fond respect for their technical skills as well as their magic prowess.

Listening to the others on the train and witnessing two of them leaving, Leon decided to head out himself. Getting to a safe-house was priority number one, and he was not about to sleep with the stars above him. Staying in a group however strange, did seem like a good idea, he turned as he was walking off the bus, "So you coming along or you staying on the bus, faster we get a roof over our heads the better right?" The woman wasn't half bad looking, if fact she was down right beautiful to most standards, Leon didn't care either way, he just didn't want to search alone.

Last edited:
The Gnome was gone before anyone could ask him anything. It wasn't even clear if he had heard anyone's thanks, if they had any. He had left the group to their own accord. They had been abandoned as the immigrants were no longer his problem to deal with. Now they had to figure things out for themselves, before Commune PD figures out what had happened.

A few blocks away, a van is driving down the street late in the night. In the driver's seat is white male with black hair and brown eyes, wearing a trench coat and in the seat next to him is a young woman with black hair and green eyes, wearing a jacket and beanie. In the young woman's hands is a jar the size of her head with a coiled and slithering armored worm.

"Well...that's a bit of a night wasn't it?" The man asks

"You know, when you asked me if I wanted to spend some time together I was expecting a drive-in movie dinner not 4 hours trying to find/stop/rescue a Mongolian Death Worm being held by a gang of Gnome Smugglers."

"Yes well....what are you going to do? We got some snacks in the pantry if you're still hungry and I'm pretty sure there's some cold coffee from this morning to wash it down." He tells her and the woman rolls her eyes and sighs.

"You are so lucky this is literally the best job I've had in years."

The two were having a quiet drive until the driver hears his phone ring. Rather annoyed by the call while driving, the man pulls the phone from his pocket and throws it to the woman. "Answer for me will ya? It's my special phone." He told her. She understood completely and answers the phone.

"Blank Checks PI. This is Mr. Salder's assistant speaking.....uh huh....yes. I understand." She said as she puts the phone to her shoulder. "It's Madame Gorlche." She tells the man and he lets out an annoyed sigh.

"God f***ing damn it. Commune PD just won't let good enough alone. Put her on speaker." He tells the woman and she does what her boss asks. From the phone is the voice of an old woman, between the ages of 50-60.

"Hello Mr. Salder. This is Chief Gorlche of Commune PD. We have a problem that requires your attention." Said Gorlche.

"Really then. Let me guess, another Gargoyle eating the local bird population?" The man snapped

"No Mr. Salder." Said the chief rather sternly. "We have another problem. There has been a breaches in security. We suspect several creatures have escaped the Commune without proper documentation. We need you to find them and bring them back here. We are willing to pay 5000$ for their return." She finished

"Really? That much for few captures..." The man was cut off when he sees a gnome climbing out of the old abandoned subway. A dead ringer for his contact Benny, carrying his pack of holding. "Call you back Madame Gorlche." Rachel turns off the phone as the two drive over to the gnome. "Alright everyone out. Weapons at the ready Rachel." Rachel nods and she opens up the car's glovebox to take out a flashlight-taser. The gnome didn't make an attempt to run, as his legs wouldn't get him far.
"Hey Benny. You're a up a bit late aren't ya?" He asks the gnome. Benny sniffed and wiped his nose before replying

"No trouble here Baron. Just taking a stroll. Don't need to get into the details of the Gnome's business now do we?" Benny asks

"No we don't. But there's a fine between business and smuggling out fugitives worth 5000$." Baron replied

"5000$ then? For 5 heads? That's 1000$ a head....not that I would know anything about this, that is."

"Come on Benny. You know, and I know you're hiding something. Just tell me where they are and I'll leave you be." Baron states and Benny looks around for a second and points into the subway. "Good. Good night Benny."

"Right, right. Good night Baron." Said Benny before leaving the scene.

"Rachel taser out. Knowing how good a smuggler Benny is, we're dealing with everything from fairies to giants." Explained Baron before taking out a silenced pistol.

"And I thought getting shot at would be the highlight of my night, but apparently not." Rachel replied as she took out a pair of enchanted cuffs and readied her taser.

"Ok now stay behind me and if I say run, run. Got it."

"So standard protocol, got it." Rachel replied and the two cautiously walked into the abandoned subway to meet whatever they might find.

Sinclair looked around him. His head having not yet fallen off of his tall frame. With a mutter, Sin muffled his steps. He began walking around the subway, his footsteps silent.

"So, you two want to team up?" Sin looked over at the djinn and the angel. "We should be able to get a place to stay rather easily." Sinclair rested his left elbow on the angel's shoulder. Then, with his free hand, he grabbed his head by the hair and lifted it from his neck. Sin was more comfortable having his head in the crook of his arm anyways.

"Well, first things first," turning towards the Djinn, Sinclair's tone began to change, "You should send a small, almost imperceptable gust of wind throughout the tunnels. Keep track of it, watch to see if anyone other than the demon and the werewolf are in the subway. Also, search for where the winds disappear, that will lead us to the surface. Anyways, we need to get to the surface for girly over here. Sooner would be better than later.

"In case you're wondering, being a Dullahan, I can use earth magic, so I'll scout the surroundings with that." Sin stepped forward into the dark, and then turned back around towards the angel. "Hey, keep an eye for us, why don't you?"

Last edited:
Furlbark ignored the demon behind him as he began to make his way down the tunnel, mind preoccupied. He came with the bare necessities to this world, with only the irreplaceable on him. His elementals, a few emergency tools and his harpoon gun.

He would need to- he stopped. There was... Something. Coming down the tunnel. Sniff human, from this world considering how nice one smelt. Sniff they were... Armed. More metal than normal. His ears twitched one pair of footsteps heavy and large, the other smaller and lighter. Male and female. The crackle of electricity reached his ears. Non-lethal. Police.

Annoyance flashed through the old Hunter. If police got involved now, at the beginning of everything, it could be catastrophic towards his efforts. He would need to remove them, permanently if need be. Glancing back at the demon, he mutters a quiet "Police.", before slipping out of his shoes and into the darkness of the subway, sprinting his way towards the two, a plan forming in his mind.

He would run straight at the female. At the first sign of alarm he would serpentine to avoid incoming shots. Move to their left first, people tend to fire more easily to the right. Whip left arm out, knock down male. Spin. Use right arm to grab female throat. Put female between body and male. Duo, alone, male and female. Romantic or at least friendly intentions. Male will be unable to shoot, for risk of harming female. Use opportunity to throw female at prone male. While distracted, take out both with strong jabs to the head. Utilise environment as secondary force to induce unconsciousness.

His plan set he sped up even further, the smells and sounds of the two drawing closer as his bare feet made almost imperceptible noise in the dark tunnel.

Lavina would make it clear to the demon that Lavina was aware of the emotion she was born from and if she tried anything she would be reverted back to the wisps she came from. Lavina kept an eye on her as she left.

Once she was gone, Lavina looked among her companions for a moment, thinking.

"I can stay in these tunnels for a a week or two more, don't need to worry about me. I can also detect life in a 50 foot or so radius, though givin the length of these tunnels that isn't much. So yea, I'll keep an eye out... If those two that went ahead get in a scuffle we should be able to clearly hear it either way." She frowned again, wishing she were a lot more helpful in this situation. Ah, she'll have her time. "And from what I learned about human subway tunnel systems, there should be maintenance access areas strewn across the lines. They should be able to lead us to the surface or at least give us an alternate, more subtle path to take, perhaps even give us a detailed map of the city."

Lavina started looking around the immediate area for any such pathways. Well, there weren't any super close by, but the Dullahan should be able to find one nearby if they all agree that taking such a thing is a better idea.

From a distance, she could see the bulking large figure of werewolf man, his footsteps were surprisingly light in comparison to his build. Quickly catching up to him, she paused for a second when she noticed his pace starting to slow down. Stopping in her tracks, she quietly slid beside him to listen to whatever he was going to say. "Police" he huffed under his breath. Eyes widening, she quickly stood straight and glanced towards the long path that stood before them, the dark obscuring her vision. She cursed. Stepping backwards, she glanced at the size of the walls around her and tried to get an approximation on its size. Grimacing, she looked towards the hunter, who had already seemed to come to a resolve. Immediately realising the risk he was going to put the both of them in, she quickly ran after him. Wide steps and pointed toes, she teleported in front of the male before he could get fast enough for her to stop.

Wide -spread arms beside her, she scrutinized him with her gaze. Frowning at the male in front of her, she shook her head slowly and raise a finger to her lips. Beckoning him closer, she stared him down like a disappointed parent.

Leon Stared at the Dullahan "So you're just going to jump on our ship? Alright, but you ain't the Captain, Boy." Leon emphasized the last word, pointing out the Obvious hint to their Age difference. The Djinn looked young, but he was much older than both of these creatures, this didn't bother him, but he wasn't about to be ordered by a youngling, "Besides, i can clearly feel Disturbances in the air thanks to being in this Fucking tunnel." He stopped and looked around, the air was stale and still down here, but he felt the micro breezes created by the two earlier.

Leon noticed there was a mass of Air being pushed in from the Stairs Exit, which made him nervous. Leon quickly reached out his hand and small arcs of lightning jutted out from his finger tips, "However, i think something is coming, and i dont think its that Werewolf from earlier, I agree with the Angel here, the Maintenance tunnels would be the best bet, and i would be able to tell if anything is coming down the tracts,"

Looking back at the young Dullahan he grinned, "I admire your tenacity, But do remember your Age when speaking to Elders,"

The man and the young woman carefully walks down the tunnel. The man with his pistol and the girl with her taser flashlight. The man looked to be in his mid-thirties and the young lady seems to be in her early twenties. The man motioned for the young lady to stay behind him as she shined the light into the tunnel.

"So what do you think came through? Can that even happen? I mean don't witches have a tight lid on the Commune?" Asks the woman

"Short answers, yes and most of the time. Madame Gorlche and the CPD tries their best but when people want something they'll do whatever they get it one way or another." Replies the man

"Right. Peronally I hope it's fairies. I like fairies." Sais the woman

"Since you were a kid?" Asks the man and the woman nods. "I personally hope its not a werewolf."

"Aren't you dating one?"

"Yeah and from experience I can safely say werewolves tend to bite when cornered." Said the man and the woman pauses for a moment.

"Like, Experience with Clara or just in general?"

"Take your pick." He replies and the light finally shines on two figures. An old man and a young woman. "There we are. Hello there!" Shouted the man

Last edited:
Sinclair looked over at the blue Djinn, able to see the colors clearly in the dark. With a quaint smile he responded, "Well, nobody said that I was the leader, and you don't have to do what I say anyways. But you both are right, we should take the maintenance tunnel." Turning around, Sinclair stepped quietly towards the direction that the werewolf and the women went off in.

"Well, what are you two waiting for. The Djinn goes first, scouting out the tunnel with the air. Angel, you go second." Sinclair kneeled down on his right knee. His hands, splayed, were pressed against the floor of the subway. With a breath, Sin forced his consciousness to delve into the living stone. He followed the closest vibrations, coming to the werewolf and the demon.

"As for the other two, well," Sinclair smirked, "they found themselves some friends." Sinclair stood up from his impromptu tracking and ushered the other two into a closeby maintenance tunnel.

Furlbark hesitated. Great, now because of this... demon. Lust most likely. Because of the Demon his chance st a surprise attack is null. Looking at the two officers, he looks back at the demon. Perhaps violence wouldn't work now. Then deceit.

Changing his posture quickly, he brushes past the demon and walks towards the man of the duo, doing his best impression of a drunken slur (which wasn't that hard thanks to all his experience at being actually drunk). Marching up to the man, he pokes him in the chest as he slurred his words, slightly hunched over.

"Wwhat ye doin in my tunnel. Everrryone knows this is mine. My sub... so... uh... train place. Ya better not be like one o' dem freaks. They did- Didn't listen to me. Even when I had my own whore, they treated me like dirt. Me, with my own tunnel. Kept walking with da midget. Right outta me own goddamn tunnel god fuckin damn..." He trails off before into indistinguishable grumbling, having long hidden his harpoon and various containers under his coat.

Figures, oh well, hopefully the two that went ahead will prove to be a good distraction. Lavina went right ahead into the maintenance tunnel when it was found. It was really dark, but she could still see, sorta. Enough not to run into anything, though not enough to read anything. Lavina outstretched her hand and a little bright blue ball of pure light formed on her palm, glowing like a lantern.

"Keep an eye out for maps or something. Sure you guys can detect air currents and the ground but soon enough we'll be under roads and that'll cause some major interference I bet." Lavina looked around the tunnel. It was small, damp, and a form of depressing grey. "Let's get to the surface ASAP...." Lavina was clearly disgruntled with the look of the place. So she started moving onward down the tunnel.

The demon stood still as a light was shone upon them, an unfamiliar voice greeting them politely.

Turning around, she stepped closer towards Fulbark and smiled at the officers. In her mind, she silently prayed that the werewolf wouldn't use violence in a situation such as this. If the CPD were aware of their supernatural presence, they won't be able to catch a break with the law. This would be a massive disadvantage for her and the werewolf. With the law constantly on their ass, doing something as simple as getting food would prove to be difficult. Stiffening, she watched as Fulbark mumbled under his breath, acting like a drunk. Her eyes followed his swaying body and the drunken hazy look in his eyes.

Damn.

She wanted him.

Shaking the thought out of her head, she silently commended him for his quick thinking. Clasping her hands and pouting, she quickly skipped towards the werewolf and officers. "Oh my! What are you doing, Charles?" she forced a high-pitched squeak out of her mouth as she walked closer towards the other three. "I'm so sorry about him, officers!" She then tilted her head. "Is there anything you need?"

Last edited:
These old maintenance tunnels should be fairly unused, mostly for these Bootleg operations, Leon didn't expect them to find anyone using the tracks besides them that night. Moving at the lead, he took the narrow path down the track, the metal rails were dead of their usual busy city buzz.Leon comfortably walked down a good mile before he suddenly felt a small breeze coming from down the tunnel.

Looking back at the angel he paused, "There should be an Exit hatch up ahead," Looking back towards the tunnels, "Hopefully it'll be easy to get open." He had anxious and wondrous thoughts of what the Outside World held. He had seen movies, and pictures of the world outside the commune, and had often dreamed of walking through the vibrant streets.

After a few yards the air current felt stronger, and he began increasing his pace, excitement tugging at him. Leon hadn't actually experienced them, but he couldn't wait to feel the Buzz of the City, the Hum of the Grid.However, he was a bit nervous,so he began forming a plan of action for the unknown weeks to come. Excited as he may be he wasn't stupid, The first thing he would have to do once on the surface is find a Safehouse, there he would be able to get sent in the right direction for a job and housing. He was given a list of names of the various places he could try, however he wasn't given their addresses. No matter, he would surely find a way to navigate this strange new place.

The man and the girl looked and the old man and young lady. The man looked back and his assistant and the woman shrugged. The PI looks back at the two and focuses the flashlight on the woman. "In that case I think you'll be fine to a quick drug check right? Let me see those eyes." He tells her. "Little lady like you, hanging around a sewers with grandpa. Gotta have some illegal secrets right?"

Sinclair followed the Djinn and the Angel, making sure to keep an eye out for anything that might be coming after them. Then, hearing the Djinn's words, he looked forwards. "Hey, after we get out of here, do you guys want to stick together?" It was an honest question, and one the merited an answer. Thankfully, Sinclair wouldn't be too hard-pressed to find work. He was pretty sure that graveyard caretakers were in a constant, if small, demand.

The worst part would be finding a place to stay. Literally, Sinclair had to find people who would be fine hanging out with a headless guy, and that task is way harder then it might seem.

Back