Scientist Seeks Pirate Crew (Come play pirate with us!)

Appearance/face claim: Alexander "Luci" Ilmedi was born to a father who happened to be a cruel drunk cooper, and to a weak willed, cowardly twig of a mother who died when he was eleven. His father died shortly after before the boy knew his thirteenth birthday. He stands at a lanky 6'4", lean from his time on the sea but hard as well. Despite only having spent four years on the ocean, Alex has seen some very distressing and very eye opening events. These stories he stores in his mind have given him a gaunt, haunting look. Sharp cheeks, a slightly hooked nose, a strong but pointed chin, and thinly tapers ears, he looks almost otherworldly with his violet-blue eyes and strangely pale skin. His hair is always kept swept back, combed into a very tidy ponytail, and oiled so that the obnoxiously wavy dark brown hair stays straight, and he favors loose fitting, as flamboyant as possible clothing, the pricier the better.

Resumé

Name:
Alexander "Luci" Ilmedi

17 or 18, sometimes 19, never gives a straight answer

Next of Kin (emergency contact):
None. Carries a written containing instructions on where to send his body, if recoverable

Pirate Skills:
A myriad of different talents. He can pull a line, repair a sail, keep a secret, tell the scariest sea stories, prep a life boat, keep a deck clean. Knows how to keelhaul and how to flog. Knows how to fight with fire arm and a variety of melee weapons, but more than anything he can use his fists.

Previous Pirating Experience:
Has worked a variety of positions. Cook, potscrub, deckhand, enforcer, raider, cabin boy, look out, on many a different ship.

References:
The captain of a ship named LostLady speaks highly of Luci, as does the first mate of the White Fox.

Why do you want to go on this adventure:
The sea is his home, anything is better than being stuck on land. And the pay, of course.

What do you want done with your body if you die:
Taken to a lagoon off the northern coast of the Southern Americas and cast into the waters there at night.

Confronted with an enemy do you:
A and B. Hide first and fight later, catching whoever wants to harm you by surprise. Around a corner. In the cargo hold. Where they sleep. Where they rest when you make port fall.

a) run and hide
b) stand and fight
c) forget you have a weapon and panic
d) Laugh in the face of those who dare oppose you

Appearance/face claim:
Standing at a height of 190 cm, Néstor is a big man with dark features. He wears his long black hair in a low ponytail, his skin is tanned and his eyes are dark brown. A spaniard. His muscular complexion and broad shoulders would make you think he’s a fighter. Though whatever he is, you’d definitely not pick a fight with this man.

Resumé

Name: Néstor Martín García

My younger brother, Iván. My younger sister, Olivia.

Pirate Skills: I can stand my own with a gun or a knife, navigate and, last but not least, even if it isn’t a pirate skill… I am a doctor. I’m also fluent in spanish and can manage some french.

Little, most pirates I have met were taken down by the crew of the ships I have travelled in as a medic. So besides plenty of experience navigating… think about this for a second, will you? When you imagine going on adventure you might not see a doctor in your fantasies, but when you get shot, or a shark takes a nip at you, or you trip while being a jumpy idiotic wreck, I am fairly sure you’ll be more than happy to come see me.

References: Myself, my siblings and everyone who has been involved in a fight in this shady tavern in the last weeks.

You need a crew, I need money, and to get out of here. Adventure is a bonus, so is company. If it’s good company i’ll be very surprised.

Cut off my hands and send them to my home. The rest, burn it and then throw the ashes into the sea.

Depends on the enemy and the situation, even though I am very capable to defend myself, since you’d need me to patch you all up… I wouldn’t be hiding away in a barrel, but you won’t see me in the front lines.

Stand and fight would be my answer. Holding a sensible position.

Last edited:
Appearance/face claim:
Average height, muscular, violet eyes, brown skin, black hair, and crooked nose. Not what you would call a pretty man, but neither is he abhorring. His eyes look soft, his weathered skin tells another story pock marked and rough. Hair is usually short and unkempt as there is no time for a pirate to make a dity in the morning and play with his locks.

Resumé

Name: Duncan Mclauden

Mum and little sister at home.

Pirate Skills: Sword fighting, and cooking. If cussing is considered a skill it is a language that comes easily to those such as myself. A proper disliking for the law and courage enough.

I was a simple kitchen/cabin boy on board a fishing ship years ago. Got shanghaied at a port one night and grew up to pirating ways since then. I know how to make a mean rum bread and decent stew with rum. Expect rum and lots of it. Stay on my good side, remember I'm cooking.

References:
Nobody asks for a reference from a cook. Otherwise ask me. I eat my own cooking and that should be good enough.

I'm about to run out of rum.

No preference. I'm dead and I don't care. As a favor I might ask you drop my flask in a pocket before leaving my body somewhere.

Usually I fight. Otherwise I steal their ship if possible. (Hey, that's what pirates do right?)

Appearance/face claim: Lanky, lean muscled, heavily tanned, with a wavy mess of dark brown hair. Narrow eyes of a very dark brown shade with notable eye bags under them. Mixed but closest to looking East Asian appearance-wise. He’s far sighted and usually has a pair of round framed reading glasses in a case on him. Initially appears a little slow but that’s mostly because of his messed up sleeping patterns. Often seen scribbling something on a notepad, a piece of paper, or on his arms.

Resumé

Name:
Carlos Lee

Next of Kin (emergency contact): I wish.

Pirate Skills: Decent aim with crossbow. Keen eyesight, from what I’ve told. Also, not a pirate skill, but I’ve been told I am knowledgeable on animals of the sea. Also, I can fish.

Previous Pirating Experience: Like 5 months on this pirate crew, forgot what they were called. Got kicked out. 4 years, give or take a few months, on another pirate crew. Good times…we saw so much......found so much…. crew disbanded for various reasons. 6 months on some non-pirate fishing boat. Left because things started getting a little stale and the pay wasn’t so good.

References:
James Varley, former Captain.

Why do you want to go on this adventure: The ocean is vast. I want to see what lives under. I want to see the tales I’ve heard. I want to see what I have seen. I want to see The Kraken.

What do you want done with your body if you die: Feed it to whatever lurks beneath the waves. It would be a pleasure honour.

Confronted with an enemy do you: If it’s someone or something I can take down, b) stand and fight. Otherwise a) run and hide. That last point doesn’t apply if enemy is the kraken itself.

a) run and hide
b) stand and fight
c) forget you have a weapon and panic
d) Laugh in the face of those who dare oppose you

Approved.

I think we are capping it here for now. Depending on how things go or if we lose anyone, we might reopen.

I also created a chat room since we've kind of overrun the general chat. So, feel free to drop in at any time.

Back