Seemingly Random [Semi-open]

marsbat

Dragon Obsessed
Benefactor
(Join Forge Engine chat to inquire)
@aryamajor @Drakey

mars was flying home when the storm hit. A dark cloud streaked with lightning and rolling with thunder. It came across him quickly, and the tailwind he was flying along with became a rough, battering flurry that knocked him around like a leaf in the sky. He was so close now, just a little bit-

A flash of white light and tingles came across him. Everything went quiet, save for a faint electric humming in the background. Slowly, he opened his eyes and uncurled from his guard, his ears swiveling around him. He was in a dim room, surrounded by wooden crates taller than he was. His claws clacked on a metal floor, and metal covered the walls and roof above him.

r_e_d_by_tincek_marincek-d77tqd7.jpg

robotic_arms_by_ociacia-d89fv3m.jpg

android_legacy____messenger__ii_by_fantasio-d4w3rk3.jpg

black_wolf_01_by_andrew_lim-dal22ie.png

06337bae5cede57fbd684423a5281c53.jpg

Anthony had been working on a historical motorcycle. Getting the archaic pieces to fit together, though, was a piece of cake for the cyborg. As he reached out towards his wrench with a black, metal-coated prosthetic arm a strange light enveloped him and his metallic dog, Ceril.

Suddenly, Anthony found himself sitting next to this strange, nearly naked bat...lizard...thing...

Around both of them were a bunch of crates and they were in a room that seemed to be in some sort of spacecraft.

"Well, fuck..." muttered Anthony as he patted Ceril's head, giving the bat thing a wary look.

Last edited:
mars squeaked in fright at the strange... Whatever it was and jumped back, hitting a crate with his funny bone and immediately grabbing it as he toppled over and slammed into the ground. "Owowow."

Anthony blinked as the weird bat-thing squeaked. The thing had squeaked. The thing that had the figure of a full-grown man squeaked.

Standing up among the barrels, Anthony told Ceril to heel. The large, black, mechanical wolf-hound immediately sat at her master's right heel. Looking down on the bat thingy, Anthony spoke, "Hey, you understand me?" His tone was rather gruff and demanding, not caring if he hurt the creature's feelings.

"I... Yes.. " mars' voice dropped, but it still seemed almost comically high for a man. His accent sounded just as if an eighty kilo mouse had picked up English.

"You're an alien." It wasn't a question, more of a statement of fact.

Anthony stared at the bat. The thing had called him an alien. An angry spark showed itself in his eyes, a snarl showing on his lips. m"Me...an alien?"

Walking up to the fallen bat, Anthony reached out with his mechanical right arm. Grabbing the creature by the face, he held it up against a wall. Ceril's metallic fur began to stand on end as the wolfhound snarled at the bat.

With a wicked, and quite frankly, terrifying smile, Anthony spoke, "Dumbass Bat. Don't dare call me that again or we are going to have problems. Understood?"

mars struggled against the Alien's metallic grip, his feet coming up for a powerful kick to his gut as he wormed his body and tail around to try and escape.

The bat thing kicked into Anthony's stomach, only to find metal plating where its foot connected. However, the squirming became a bit much. With the thing's tail hitting Anthony's arm every few seconds, it got annoying. With a flick of his arm and a look of disdain upon his face, Anthony threw the bat into some nearby barrels.

"Anyways, since you understand me, my name is Anthony. I am a cyborg, not an alien."

mars flipped head over heels, ending up in the middle of a pile of barrels with his rear up in the air over his head.

"Ow."

An instant later, a robotic, male voice spoke nearby Anthony's head in an enthusiastic tone. "Please refrain from causing harm to your teammates."

A floating sphere had appeared a meter back from him. A large lens portion on the front of the metallic white orb contained an extremely intricate camera set on a glowing orange ring.

Last edited:
Gabby had been watching the strange metallic man for some time. She had seen so much technology develop since her own time, but seeing it implanted in people still unnerved her a bit. Mostly she found those with implants became headstrong and easily offended. It may have been because they were incredibly strong or the fact that they were looked down on a bit in the future she found herself in.
This one had a temper and was being unnecessarily rough.

"Leave him be!" She yelled, though she knew it was futile. Nobody had heard her voice in a thousand years.

Anthony's eyes widened momentarily as two distinct voices sounded out from behind him. The first, robotic, the second, young and female. What was this about teammates? f it expected him to not harm them, then whatever it was shouldn't have set him up with something that was going to piss him off.

The second voice, however, annoyed him. Leave the bat alone. that was what it said. Turning around, Anthony didn't see anything, or anyone. However, Ceril the mechanical wolfhound was staring at a very specific point in the air. That was where the voice had obviously come from.

"First of all" snarled Anthony, his blue eyes aflame with annoyance, "what is this about 'teammates'? Secondly, the disembodied voice, show yourself." Anthony stared into the spot where Ceril was looking, hoping that whatever it was felt like it was being watched.

As he did this, Anthony stepped towards the floating camera. Stretching his mechanical arm out, he attempted to pluck the flying orb from the air.

Last edited:
Anthony's arm simply passed through the bot, and the failed attempt left him looking slightly silly.

"And please refrain from attempting to interact with me, you will only make a fool of yourself."

Gabby's grey eyes bounced from the cyborg to the strange floating sphere. A droid of some sort? They could hear her too and the mechanical dog belonging to the cyborg began to stare at the spot where she stood. How was that even possible? Nobody had seen or heard her since the moment she died. A tingle of what she could recall as excitement bubbled in her thoughts. Of course, if it could see her, it might have growled or lunged and the cyborg didnt seem to see her either.

"I don't follow orders well," Gabby snapped at the red-head, "Maybe if you asked nicely."

He didn't have to know it was impossible for her to be seen, but he could learn some manners. With that sharp reply, she drifted over to the orb. "Can you see me?"

With his hand passing through the orb, Anthony clicked his tongue. Damn, everything was pissing him off today. Then, the second voice replied.

"Fine, stay invisible. Hey floating eye, answer my question. What is this about teammates?"

"Now that you three are present, we are ready to begin your adventure!" The voice raised in enthusiasm, as if reading a script. "Your home world has been selected for participants in a simulation for the entertainment of our benefactors. Rest assured, your home world will not miss you, as you are either dead, soon to be dead, or were simply inconsequential in the grand scheme of things!" The orb turned towards Gabby, the "eye" inside making a quick nod.

"Your previous state has been reverted. Welcome back to the land of the living, Gabby Asualtak."

mars rolled back over, tumbling onto his belly and looking at the Alien... Aliens, there were three of them now.

"Anthony O'Brien," The drone nodded at the cyborg. "And mars Emanskii had been living only moments ago. Fascinating, isn't it!

"What do you you mean back to the land of the living?" She didn't feel any different. Her ghost self was still cold and somewhat numb but as she looked to the two others in the room, she realized something. They weren't looking through her, but at her with eyes of recognition that someone was standing in front of them. Her grey eyes met theirs behind a lock of straight chestnut hair, cropped short. "Y-you can see me?"

Anthony heard the girl's words, but immediately ignored them. His focus was on something completely different.

"So both bat-boy over there and me are dead?" The question was rhetorical, but Ceril began to pace back and forth in anticipation. "So, what is this about 'entertainment' and adventure?"

As her master asked these questions, Ceril nudged the newly formed woman. The wolfhound, somehow sensing no possible hostility deemed the undead girl worthy of the option of petting her.

"Your body has been removed from existence." The drone replied, still in his much too enthusiastic tone. "And my parameters prevent me from answering specifics on your adventure! Just know that your benefactors are watching closely, and will be disappointed with failure, as it marks the end of your adventure."

"What?" mars got to his feet, glaring at the thing who had thrown him. "But I don-"

"Fear not, your existences will soon be forgotten and your disappearance will join in among a colossal number of people who have gone missing without being found by their species, either dead or alive, by unrelated causes. You are the lucky ones who get to live again in the only form of established post-universe afterlife!" A round hole formed on the top of the drone, and a confetti cannon went off inside, covering the three in a spray of multi-colored paper.

Gabby's question was answered more effectively by the hound of all things. The creature, though mechanical seemed to be able to see her now, and approached her. After so many years of being intangible and growing accustomed to being unable to feel even the slightest of sensations, she was amazed that instinct kicked in. Her tan hand reached out tentatively to the metal dog and gave it a gentle pat between the ears. Did metal dogs like scratches? Gabby didn't know if they did or not, but a pat felt safe, though the metal was smooth and actually warm. She was so engrossed in touching something for the first time in a thousand years, she jumped when there was a loud pop and colored paper scattered over her.

Anthony grimaced as he began to soak up his new reality. Looking straight into the robot's eye, he posed a suggestion.

"Well, why don't we begin our adventure then?"

Looking over, he saw as the girl patted Ceril. Strangely enough, the dog seemed to enjoy it.

Back