Status
Not open for further replies.
The Penguin shot Ben a glare. "For you it's Mister Cobblepot, boy."

"We'll...put that in the maybe pile." Bruce replied to Ben's suggestions. Before the two could continue the girl called Junko stepped in.

"I wont question your prowess, girls," Penguin started. "But those colossi aren't all just about brute force. It's going to take more than just firepower to topple them...especially since Bane has hired someone to control their minds."

"Mind control?" Bruce had figured that was a possibility but he hadn't been sure. "Who is pulling the giants strings?"

"That I don't know but I know where they are located. Blackgate Penitentiary. Much as how Bane has made another famous Gotham landmark his headquarters."

Bruce's eyes widened. "Don't tell me he's in..."

"Arkham Asylum." For the others the name meant nothing but to Bruce...

"Arkham Asylum is where Gotham stores all its criminally insane individuals...which are quite the few in numbers. It's quite brilliant actually. Two important pieces separated so far from each other. The telepath however, as long as he's in control of these giants an frontal assault on Arkham's pointless. We need to get to Blackgate."

Aquawoman still having the map in her possessions pulled it out.

latest

"Blackgate is in the South while Arkham Asylum is in the North. There is a lot of ground to cover and time continues to slip through our fingers."

The Penguin grinned. "And even if you get to Blackgate how are you even going to get in? It's a literal prison."

"We will find away, perhaps if you and your me-" Bruce's suggestion however was quickly shot down by the Penguin.

"Waugh waugh waugh! Maybe once the telepath is taken care of I might change the mind of some of the people working for Bane, but not before. The only thing his men fear more are the colossi."

Bruce grumbled. He always knew that this wasn't going to be easy. "Then we are still in a bind. How will we reach Blackgate in a way that wont set up alarms until we have cleared our objective?"​

@Josh @Yun Lee @thatguyinthestore @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Neko Shogun @Kaykay @Takumi @Zireael @Kentucky
@Widowmaker @Crow @Gummi Bunnies @Otto @Archmage Jeremiah @thatguyinthestore @Atomic Knight @Lucky
Terry McGinis - Prologue; The Knight Beyond
@Jeremi @Josh @Yun Lee @thatguyinthestore @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Neko Shogun @Kaykay @Takumi @Zireael @Kentucky
@Widowmaker @Crow @Gummi Bunnies @Otto @Archmage Jeremiah @thatguyinthestore @Lucky
@Others

QUxzCuj.png

Gotham... In 2040 that is. A sprawling Metropolis, but not unlike it was back when Bruce still wore that cowl, it was still riddled with all sorts of crime, and its own dark knight watching over it. As one would expect, with a new era, came a new array of villains... Ones that required more technologically advanced equipment to effectively combat.

Thus, in comes Terry McGinnis, the new Bat in town, with Bruce having fallen into seniority, he now acted as Terry's mentor, and guide. Tonight was yet another night on duty for a tired, but still very much awake Terry, patrolling the skies in the Batmobile, and occasionally sharing a few words with Bruce... Or Max, whenever things seemed a bit lax.

However, something... Odd happened tonight, something unprecedented in Terry's life.

It started with a simple problem, something that would happen on occasion, even with Bruce's high end technology; interference.

"Bruce?... Hey, are you there?... ... Max?" He asked, but all that seemed to answer was static.

WIth a sigh, he decided to bring down the Batmobile on one of Gotham's many rooftops, hoping to get a better signal. Making sure the coast was clear, he hopped out and tried to contact Bruce (or heck, Max if she was still tuning in) on the comms.

Gp8ze2M.png

"Helloooo? Is this thing broken or something?" He said.

Static again... Though, this time, it was louder, and persisted even after his attempt to contact someone through his comms, growing louder and louder.

"Hey... What the-..." He started to protest, but before he could even finish his sentence, he felt his vision begin to blurr.

There was no time to look around for the source of this interference, let alone even register what was happening, everything went dark...

At first, there was an tingling feeling, followed by an excrutiating pain, as every particle in his body was torn apart, then reassembled... Before he finally regained his visiion, and overall situational awareness in some place that looked like Gotham, but... Not the same Gotham that he knew. On the upside, he wasn't alone, and there appeared to have been a multitude of otehrs that arrived here through more or less the same circumstances, whatever they may be.

Thinking quickly, Terry decided to lay low, and for a long while... Just followed along with everyone else, joining up with a younger version of Bruce Wayne, quietly... Hidden from sight, as he tried here and there to (unsuccessfully) make contact with anyone on his comms. Though all things considered, it was quite evident that he was no longer in the same place, let alone the same world that he left; another dimension perhaps, or some sort of parallel universe... It was a bit difficult to wrap his head around, but there were bigger concerns abroad.

The Justice League still existed here, but the League appeared to be off-world, and so was the local Batman... Which meant that the Bruce he had joined up with, was not the same one as the one that most locals knew around here. Nonetheless, it seemed that some corportate media shill calling himself "Gordon Godfrey" had whatever was left of the local populace believe that the Justice League no longer cared about them... And later, it was discovered that the musclebound tactician, Bane, whom Terry had been told had been quite formideable in his prime... Which he likely was now, had overtaken the city.

To make matters worse, it was obvious that Bane alone, wasn't the reason Gotham was in shambles; it was the muscle bane had brought with him... In the form of the Colossus.

Those hulking beasts prowled the place, and once they split up into two groups, after checking up on GCPD, they found out that the Collosi were hardly the only creautres Bane had at his disposal. There were also the "Talons", owl-like zombie... Assassin creatures, one of which appeared to have just stood there and taken the brunt force of the group's assault before they found safety in an currently empty pizza place... And eventually met up with the other group at the Iceberg lounge.

Unfortunately, it would appear that Aquawoman's group had suffered a casualty; Harper was gone. While Terry wasn't exactly fond of the idea that someone already died, he certainly wasn't going to stand and mope around when countless more lives hung in their balance now.

Terry quickly activated the cloaking device on his batsuit as soon as Bruce informed them that the person they were meeting in the Iceberg lounge would likely kill them... Hoping to keep a low profile and wait for the right moment to strike, but the rest of the group had that covered too; after some goons were disarmed, and some heated conversation was exchanged... Bruce finally managed to convince the Penguin, the head of the place, to forge some sort of alliance.

While it did feel almost surreal to be meeting a villain he had only heard about in the flesh, Terry decided to cut the chase, and was about to make his presense known, and ask their newly acquainted cobblepot. about how they were going to stop the Colossi, even if they did join forces.

It looks like however, that question was quickly answered too; they were heading to Arkham. The Collosi were kept under Bane's influence by some sort of mind control, a Telepath. Outside of the Brain trust maybe, he didn't have as much experience with foes like that, but what he did have, in bulk... Is experience in stealth and infiltration.

When Bruce asked how they were going to reach Blackgate without tripping any traps or alarms, he smirked... Clearing his throat before uncloaking himself abruptly.

VMhc5nH.png

"I think I can help with that..." He said.

Though his batsuit looked alot different than the one Bruce may have worn... The big red bat symbol made it pretty obvious who he was supposed to be. Looks like this suit was a bit more than just a costume though...​

"Alright, alright, Mister Cobblepot," Feedback says as the emblem on his chest flashes red, Ben's face visible once more.

"So I'm gonna guess that going Way Big on those stone giants is pointless unless we get to the source. Sounds like a plan to me."

Ben then turns towards Terry, as he uncloaked himself. "Is that the 'Batman' guy the newscasters talked about just now? He kinda has the look."
"There is...something going on inside the prison. There's only murmurs...All I know," The Penguin said grimly. "Is that anyone Bane has sent there have just disappeared."

The Penguin's henchmen cocked their guns when Terry emerged. "He's with us...I'm pretty sure." Bruce replied, the henchmen would look at Penguin who motioned them to lower their guns. "So...what did you have in mind?"

At the mean time a bunch of waiters had exited the kitchen and was setting up a buffet for the group. "Compliments on the house." It seemed that the Penguin wanted you well fed before your next daring trek.

@Josh @Yun Lee @thatguyinthestore @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Neko Shogun @Kaykay @Takumi @Zireael @Kentucky
@Widowmaker @Crow @Gummi Bunnies @Otto @Archmage Jeremiah @thatguyinthestore @Atomic Knight @Lucky

JunQaWD.png

"That doesn't sound good at all," Ben frowns, "we have to go ASAP!"

Ben was then distracted by the sight of a lovely buffet, his frown returning to a smile, as if he had abandoned his worldly pain.

"Right after I grab a bite or forty. Oh, don't mind if I do," he says, licking his lips at the sight of the feast.

@Jeremi @Josh @Yun Lee @thatguyinthestore @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Neko Shogun @Kaykay @Takumi @Zireael @Kentucky

Last edited:
"Oh, how nice! Thank you, Mister Cobblepot!" When able to, SeeU would help herself to some of the food. Even if she couldn't actually digest anything, it would be rude to not eat after someone was so polite to make so much. She could just dump it all in the nearest trash can afterwards.

@Jeremi

"We'll...put that in the maybe pile." Bruce replied to Ben's suggestions. Before the two could continue the girl called Junko stepped in.

"I wont question your prowess, girls," Penguin started. "But those colossi aren't all just about brute force. It's going to take more than just firepower to topple them...especially since Bane has hired someone to control their minds."

"Mind control?" Bruce had figured that was a possibility but he hadn't been sure. "Who is pulling the giants strings?"

"That I don't know but I know where they are located. Blackgate Penitentiary. Much as how Bane has made another famous Gotham landmark his headquarters."

"Arkham Asylum is where Gotham stores all its criminally insane individuals...which are quite the few in numbers. It's quite brilliant actually. Two important pieces separated so far from each other. The telepath however, as long as he's in control of these giants an frontal assault on Arkham's pointless. We need to get to Blackgate."

latest

"Blackgate is in the South while Arkham Asylum is in the North. There is a lot of ground to cover and time continues to slip through our fingers."

The Penguin grinned. "And even if you get to Blackgate how are you even going to get in? It's a literal prison."

"We will find away, perhaps if you and your me-" Bruce's suggestion however was quickly shot down by the Penguin.

"Waugh waugh waugh! Maybe once the telepath is taken care of I might change the mind of some of the people working for Bane, but not before. The only thing his men fear more are the colossi."

Bruce grumbled. He always knew that this wasn't going to be easy. "Then we are still in a bind. How will we reach Blackgate in a way that wont set up alarms until we have cleared our objective?"​

As Harper was laying in thought the door slid open once again. "Ah, here it comes." A woman in a labcoat came in holding a collar of some sort that she handed over to Roulette who in turn placed it around Harper's neck. "Unbind her." Roulette commanded the two men by her side to remove Harper's restraints. Despite not having any of her equipment on her Harper was lucky to still have her mask and combat gear. "There the bird is uncaged, I wonder is she going to flutter about or slam face first into the window as she tries to reach the outside world?"
"Well..." Felix began, having taken some time to take his helmet off, shove some food in his mouth, and quickly shove his helmet back on before anyone noticed.

"There's gotta be ventilation shafts. Maybe we can break in through there. Now, the 'morally righteous' people here might disagree with me, but I say we kill any guards. Cut their throats, maybe mutilatate them a bit, or just shoot em.

Because face it, some of them could be loyal to Bane. And loyalists, will talk. See what I'm getting at here?"

@Jeremi @Crow @York @Yun Lee @Atomic Knight @Ver @Josh @Kaykay

"Oh, how nice! Thank you, Mister Cobblepot!" When able to, SeeU would help herself to some of the food. Even if she couldn't actually digest anything, it would be rude to not eat after someone was so polite to make so much. She could just dump it all in the nearest trash can afterwards.

@Jeremi

Harper was dead, and soon they will move on to a new mission.

"What a bunch of shite. First one of our mates dies, and now? Now we gotta work with this twat! A wee ridiculous if you ask me!

@Atomic Knight @verite @Jeremi @Kaykay @York @Crow

JunQaWD.png

Ben was then distracted by the sight of a lovely buffet, his frown returning to a smile, as if he had abandoned his worldly pain.

"Right after I grab a bite or forty. Oh, don't mind if I do," he says, licking his lips at the sight of the feast.

"I can second that one, kiddo. Doesn't hurt to have a bite before the action starts." Dante exclaimed, happily digging into the food provided by the Penguin.

"What a bunch of shite. First one of our mates dies, and now? Now we gotta work with this twat! A wee ridiculous if you ask me!

"Yeah it sucks, I know. But sometimes sacrifices have to be made. Heck, there could be even a small chance they could be alive somewhere, trying to get to us. Or you know, other things."

"Well..." Felix began, having taken some time to take his helmet off, shove some food in his mouth, and quickly shove his helmet back on before anyone noticed.

"There's gotta be ventilation shafts. Maybe we can break in through there. Now, the 'morally righteous' people here might disagree with me, but I say we kill any guards. Cut their throats, maybe mutilatate them a bit, or just shoot em.

Because face it, some of them could be loyal to Bane. And loyalists, will talk. See what I'm getting at here?"

"Heh. Like the way you're thinking, Felix. If any escaped to tell the tale about us, Bane would most likely then prepare even more for our eventual encounter. Best to silence as many of his thugs as possible while keeping an air of mystery."

@Crow, @thatguyinthestore, @Josh, @Everyone.

"I can second that one, kiddo. Doesn't hurt to have a bite before the action starts." Dante exclaimed, happily digging into the food provided by the Penguin.

"Yeah it sucks, I know. But sometimes sacrifices have to be made. Heck, there could be even a small chance they could be alive somewhere, trying to get to us. Or you know, other things."

"Heh. Like the way you're thinking, Felix. If any escaped to tell the tale about us, Bane would most likely then prepare even more for our eventual encounter. Best to silence as many of his thugs as possible while keeping an air of mystery."

"Exactly. See, when you're not complete dumbass, you can actually have some good ideas." Felix said as he pat Dante on the shoulder.

@Widowmaker

latest

As Harper was laying in thought the door slid open once again. "Ah, here it comes." A woman in a labcoat came in holding a collar of some sort that she handed over to Roulette who in turn placed it around Harper's neck. "Unbind her." Roulette commanded the two men by her side to remove Harper's restraints. Despite not having any of her equipment on her Harper was lucky to still have her mask and combat gear. "There the bird is uncaged, I wonder is she going to flutter about or slam face first into the window as she tries to reach the outside world?"
Instead of trying to escape (no matter how bad she wanted to) Harper merely stayed out with an eneasy look on her face. For all she knew, the collar was a bomb that would blow her head up if she tried to escape. This Roulette lady wasn't exactly giving her good vibes, either, so that didn't help.

tumblr_inline_nl2hcrCt4q1sv22sw.png

"So what's this thing for, exactly? I mean, it's cute and all, but I'm not exactly into the 'pet slash mistress' roleplay thing, if that's what you're getting at here." Harper said, trying to lighten the mood with her quips despite the uneasy feeling in her stomach.

@Jeremi

"There is...something going on inside the prison. There's only murmurs...All I know," The Penguin said grimly. "Is that anyone Bane has sent there have just disappeared."

The Penguin's henchmen cocked their guns when Terry emerged. "He's with us...I'm pretty sure." Bruce replied, the henchmen would look at Penguin who motioned them to lower their guns. "So...what did you have in mind?"

At the mean time a bunch of waiters had exited the kitchen and was setting up a buffet for the group. "Compliments on the house." It seemed that the Penguin wanted you well fed before your next daring trek.

"Alright, alright, Mister Cobblepot," Feedback says as the emblem on his chest flashes red, Ben's face visible once more.

"So I'm gonna guess that going Way Big on those stone giants is pointless unless we get to the source. Sounds like a plan to me."

Ben then turns towards Terry, as he uncloaked himself. "Is that the 'Batman' guy the newscasters talked about just now? He kinda has the look."

JunQaWD.png

Ben was then distracted by the sight of a lovely buffet.

"Oh, don't mind if I do," he says, licking his lips at the sight of the feast.

@Jeremi

@Atomic Knight @verite @Jeremi @Kaykay @York @Crow

"Exactly. See, when you're not complete dumbass, you can actually have some good ideas." Felix said as he pat Dante on the shoulder.

@Widowmaker

Instead of trying to escape (no matter how bad she wanted to) Harper merely stayed out with an eneasy look on her face. For all she knew, the collar was a bomb that would blow her head up if she tried to escape. This Roulette lady wasn't exactly giving her good vibes, either, so that didn't help.

"So what's this thing for, exactly? I mean, it's cute and all, but I'm not exactly into the 'pet slash mistress' roleplay thing, if that's what you're getting at here." Harper said, trying to lighten the mood with her quips despite the uneasy feeling in her stomach.

@Jeremi
Terry McGinnis
@Jeremi @Crow @Others(?)

Ben's question honestly left Terry in a bit of a bind; while normally the answer would have been simple, here... In some sort of alternate version of Gotham, it was a little more complex.

ORjapCi.png

"Well, I mean... I'm Batman, but..." He frowned, eyeing Bruce for a moment.

"Not that Batman." He concluded after a moment.

It was hard to say if there was another Bruce somewhere... Off with the Justice League in space, if he were to believe the local news which honestly? Considering the anchor, he really didn't feel inclined to.

Back to the subject of planning their Blackgate incursion though, Terry slapped his forehead for a moment, before he spoke again.

dcIhOeK.png

"Right! Uh... Blackgate." He said, studying Aqua Woman's map of the city closely.

"I can sneak in using my suit... Scout the place for any traps..." He started, then he paused for a moment.

"But I'll need to know what we might be up against. This isn't the Gotham I know..." He added, turning towards the Penguin with an inquisitive look.

On a sidenote, he did feel a little hungry, but... Now wasn't the time for food; they had bigger fish to try first... And perhaps some group members to keep in check, as he realized that some were not beyond killing to accomplish their goals, something that Terry would much prefer to avoid if possible...​

"Aww thanks. I feel much more special now thanks to your, wonderful words of politeness." Dante replied with a sarcastic tone. "So much, that by partnering with you would, make me see more of the world, ya know?"

@thatguyinthestore.
Felix would fall silent for a moment, as if considering the proposition. After a moment in thought, the merc finally spoke up.

"...fine. Only cause I'd rather have you with me than the whiny ten year old." Felix would then turn to Rose. "How 'bout you? You alright with some good 'ole murder? For the greater good, of course."

@Widowmaker @Atomic Knight @Crow

Felix would fall silent for a moment, as if considering the proposition. After a moment in thought, the merc finally spoke up.

"...fine. Only cause I'd rather have you with me than the whiny ten year old." Felix would then turn to Rose. "How 'bout you? You alright with some good 'ole murder? For the greater good, of course."

"(Huh. I was actually joking. Score!) Alright then. Sounds like a plan." Dante exclaimed, giving a confident expression. "Alright then. After we finish up whatever's going on here, we'll go and do our thing."

@thatguyinthestore

Rose closed her eyes for a moment of thought. Normally, she would have had some moral quandary over the matter, or so she believed, but her life was hardly normal anymore. Killing in this world not of her own felt almost meaningless, even though a part of her was disquieted by the thought. If there did exist the possibility of her and her friends returning to a more usual existence, Rose knew she would have to start reeling herself in.

80A4tyb.png

"... Considering the exasperating situation we find ourselves faced with, I see no other alternative. It is not so mollifying to think about, but if there are those who would wish to aggress us, we will simply have to act accordingly."

@thatguyinthestore @Widowmaker @Crow

Rose closed her eyes for a moment of thought. Normally, she would have had some moral quandary over the matter, or so she believed, but her life was hardly normal anymore. Killing in this world not of her own felt almost meaningless, even though a part of her was disquieted by the thought. If there did exist the possibility of her and her friends returning to a more usual existence, Rose knew she would have to start reeling herself in.

80A4tyb.png

"... Considering the exasperating situation we find ourselves faced with, I see no other alternative. It is not so mollifying to think about, but if there are those who would wish to aggress us, we will simply have to act accordingly."

"See? Even the thirteen year old agrees with me." Felix replied by with a nod as he hopped up on a nearby table using his hands. After sitting down, Felix would toss a knife up and down in his hand, catching it by the hilt each time before repeating the same gesture in succession.

@Atomic Knight @Widowmaker @Crow

latest

As food was brought out for the group, Trixie eyed up the selection with a glimmer in her lavender eyes. Her horn lighting up, the unicorn helped herself to some of the baked goods. Wearing a satisfied grin while she munched on an assortment of pastries and breads, Trixie quickly scanned the map, then turned to Aquawoman. "Considering your name is Aquawoman, would it be safe to assume you have some way to get to the island from the south? If anyone's keeping anyone off the island, there's no way they're watching anything but the one bridge that gets to the island, right?" Trixie asked, "Though, there's really no telling exactly what they have there until we see for ourselves, Felix does have his...telescope-fire-wand," the unicorn spat out on the spot before gesturing to herself, "and I have a nifty see-far spell I've been working on, so we could take a looksie once we get close enough,"

@Jeremi

@Widowmaker @Atomic Knight @Crow

Switching gears, Trixie spat at Felix's notion. "Wha-? Murder? Absolutely not; killing is never plan A!" the showpony shouted in protest, "We're going to a prison, aren't we? A prison equipped to hold bad guys? Why don't we just lock them back up?" offered Trixie.

@thatguyinthestore @Widowmaker @Atomic Knight @Crow

Death.

"..."

Rose could not say what death meant to her, here and now. It was hardly long ago that she had faced the reality of humanity's extinction, given only the vague idea that resurrecting such loss of life was ultimately impossible. What lied at the long, winding road of Sburb was unclear, but Rose doubted it was the traditional hero's journey for either her or her friends. She had only known Harper for a short time, so her death really did not affect the thirteen-year-old in a manner that most her age would have been, especially not after witnessing a death that had

Especially not after her own death, to which the mysteries of had not yet been made clear to Rose. With that in mind, death felt wholly, deeply meaningless, which made Rose feel more unsettled than the actual death had. At the very least, Felix had been right, losing only one of their members was ultimately not a worst-case scenario.

Still, this all seemed rather easy. Rose had to wonder if this Bane had not already taken notice of their group, if he was not the one responsible for them being in Gotham in the first place...

"W-What...?" Makoto choked back his words while he was numbly led into the Iceberg Lounge. He was too shocked to pay attention to anything, not the fight, nor the confrontation with the armed men.

kPhnYeo.png

Already...? How could this happen already...? It wasn't supposed to be this way, they were supposed to come out of this safe. He had told Orca they could protect her, but clearly, she had been right to think they were as good as liars. Harper, the girl who had only moments before spoken so like himself, had died right before his very eyes, with nothing Makoto could have possibly done about it. Just like his classmates, the students of Hope's Peak, and the countless people across the world that he had no power to save, Makoto could only stand by and tell the survivors to have hope.

"K-Kyoko..."

He swayed on his feet, bringing his hands to his face. What was he doing here? He wanted to know what Kyoko would say now, but she wasn't here. Makoto was alone in this strange world, in a situation he didn't believe he had the luck to push through. Could he even say he would have made it through the killing game on his own? It was undoubtedly unreal, just knowing how powerless he was. All he had now was Junko Enoshima, the woman he had thought was dead. In the end, Makoto had done nothing, not if Junko somehow won in the end.

What was the point?

What was the point of him being here?

SnFQr4i.png

"Just... let me stay here." Makoto's voice wobbled and he avoided the gaze of the others. If he was going to stay behind, it didn't matter if he heard what the Penguin had to say. "Everyone, I won't be any help to you moving forward! Please... Maybe I can seek shelter... back at the police station..."

If Junko took notice of Makoto's despair, she didn't show it. Instead, she seemed more interested in the talk between Wayne and Cobblepot as she watched them with both hands on her hips. In a flash, Junko was suddenly adjusting a pair of glasses that sat delicately on her face, leaving it unclear where and when she had put them on.

1w1LVZ5.png

"Mr. Cobblepot," she intoned with measured formality, dropping the regal tone she had maintained in Gotham's streets. "I hope you understand the situation you now face. It would be foolish for us to trust you at your word. That is why I must inform you that the group standing before you is just as formidable, if not more so, than Bane's colossal pets. We could skin you alive, inside out, before you even had a chance to breathe. We can only hope that you do not take your breaths for granted and use each one to tell us the truth and nothing but the truth."

She then cleared her throat. "I believe the little boy can inform you what we do to those who stand in our way," she finished, nodding her head slightly in Ben's direction.

@Widowmaker @Crow @Gummi Bunnies @Otto @Archmage Jeremiah @thatguyinthestore @Lucky

Aquawoman had been busy in the plotting when Makoto spoke, but now she went to confront him. "While your body seems small and useless to the fight, that does not mean that you are not a boon to the cause," She started. "Even if you decided to go back to the police station, would you survive the journey? Do you even remember the way? Right now you are safest among us. And we would be no doubt weaker with you not among us." She gave him a coy little smile. "Perhaps some food might make you see reason in the matter?"

"My suggestion would have us go...uh...bellow conventional routes."

Penguin realizing what Bruce was suggesting let out another signature laugh. "Bruce Wayne going through the sewers like some usual gutter trash?! The mental image alone is enough to make me laugh!"

"Quite..." Came Bruce's court response before he continued. "Despite being out on an island it obviously is connected to the sewer system of Gotham. We just need to find the exact map so that we don't get lost."

"And this is why Oswald Cobblepot always holds all the cards!" He motioned to one of his goons to come closer. "Go and get us the map of the Gotham City sewer system, and be quick about it!" No one had seen a henchman move so fast and gracefully as that one had.

As food was brought out for the group, Trixie eyed up the selection with a glimmer in her lavender eyes. Her horn lighting up, the unicorn helped herself to some of the baked goods. Wearing a satisfied grin while she munched on an assortment of pastries and breads, Trixie quickly scanned the map, then turned to Aquawoman. "Considering your name is Aquawoman, would it be safe to assume you have some way to get to the island from the south? If anyone's keeping anyone off the island, there's no way they're watching anything but the one bridge that gets to the island, right?" Trixie asked, "Though, there's really no telling exactly what they have there until we see for ourselves, Felix does have his...telescope-fire-wand," the unicorn spat out on the spot before gesturing to herself, "and I have a nifty see-far spell I've been working on, so we could take a looksie once we get close enough,"

@Jeremi

Switching gears, Trixie spat at Felix's notion. "Wha-? Murder? Absolutely not; killing is never plan A!" the showpony shouted in protest, "We're going to a prison, aren't we? A prison equipped to hold bad guys? Why don't we just lock them back up?" offered Trixie.

"It is surrounded by water, of course I can."
Aquawoman turned away from Makoto and spoke to Trixie. "If we need a distraction then I offer myself up as bait."

@Widowmaker @Crow @Gummi Bunnies @Otto @Archmage Jeremiah @thatguyinthestore @Atomic Knight @Lucky @belVita

@Widowmaker

@Jeremi

"Not exactly that..."
Roulette put her arm around Harpers shoulder and pushed her to walk with her. "You see I provide a special service in the criminal underworld, and you're going to be part of that world. Also get your mind out of the gutter it's not that." Roulette lead Harperinto a hallway. "How good are you with your fists?"

Last edited:
Jimmy eventually caught up with the group
"S-sorry I took so l-long guys it's k-k-kinda hard to get around with these."

@Jeremi

"They're called guns." Felix replied dryly before peeking a brow at Trixie's other comment.

"Really? Listen kiddo, I know you probably come from some magical land where everyone holds hand and sings songs, but this is the real world. And it's shit. People die all the time. And y'know what? I'm usually the guy who pulls the trigger."
Aquawoman had been busy in the plotting when Makoto spoke, but now she went to confront him. "While your body seems small and useless to the fight, that does not mean that you are not a boon to the cause," She started. "Even if you decided to go back to the police station, would you survive the journey? Do you even remember the way? Right now you are safest among us. And we would be no doubt weaker with you not among us." She gave him a coy little smile. "Perhaps some food might make you see reason in the matter?"

"My suggestion would have us go...uh...bellow conventional routes."

Penguin realizing what Bruce was suggesting let out another signature laugh. "Bruce Wayne going through the sewers like some usual gutter trash?! The mental image alone is enough to make me laugh!"

"Quite..." Came Bruce's court response before he continued. "Despite being out on an island it obviously is connected to the sewer system of Gotham. We just need to find the exact map so that we don't get lost."

"And this is why Oswald Cobblepot always holds all the cards!" He motioned to one of his goons to come closer. "Go and get us the map of the Gotham City sewer system, and be quick about it!" No one had seen a henchman move so fast and gracefully as that one had.

"It is surrounded by water, of course I can."
Aquawoman turned away from Makoto and spoke to Trixie. "If we need a distraction then I offer myself up as bait."

@Widowmaker @Crow @Gummi Bunnies @Otto @Archmage Jeremiah @thatguyinthestore @Atomic Knight @Lucky @belVita

"Not exactly that..."
Roulette put her arm around Harpers shoulder and pushed her to walk with her. "You see I provide a special service in the criminal underworld, and you're going to be part of that world. Also get your mind out of the gutter it's not that." Roulette lead Harperinto a hallway. "How good are you with your fists?"
"Ah gee whiz. And I just got this suit cleaned, too." Felix replied, though it was kinda obvious he wasn't serious.

@Jeremi @Archmage Jeremiah

"Wait, woah woah woah, back up lady!" Harper yelled out, holding her hands up defensively and backed away. "I'm not about to work for some criminal organization! I spent my whole life trying to get out of that mess! And there's no way you're putting me back in!" Harper shouted as she tried her damndest to pull the collar off her.

@Jeremi

"They're called guns." Felix replied dryly before peeking a brow at Trixie's other comment.

"Really? Listen kiddo, I know you probably come from some magical land where everyone holds hand and sings songs, but this is the real world. And it's shit. People die all the time. And y'know what? I'm usually the guy who pulls the trigger."

"Ah gee whiz. And I just got this suit cleaned, too." Felix replied, though it was kinda obvious he wasn't serious.

@Jeremi @Archmage Jeremiah

"Wait, woah woah woah, back up lady!" Harper yelled out, holding her hands up defensively and backed away. "I'm not about to work for some criminal organization! I spent my whole life trying to get out of that mess! And there's no way you're putting me back in!" Harper shouted as she tried her damndest to pull the collar off her.

@Jeremi

As Harper tried to pull the collar off she'd feel a powerful electric shock surging through her body. "I'm afraid you have no choice." She motioned to the two henchman that came in to pick Harper up and drag her the last part of their journey. "I also wouldn't call it criminal, per say. I asked how you fight because you will be using your fists." The doors swung open revealing an large open area with a cage in the center of it. "Welcome dear Bluebird to the Gauntlet! Where you will be fighting opponents for fame, money and glory! Mostly to me but you get that exposure for future gigs."

@thatguyinthestore

As Harper tried to pull the collar off she'd feel a powerful electric shock surging through her body. "I'm afraid you have no choice." She motioned to the two henchman that came in to pick Harper up and drag her the last part of their journey. "I also wouldn't call it criminal, per say. I asked how you fight because you will be using your fists." The doors swung open revealing an large open area with a cage in the center of it. "Welcome dear Bluebird to the Gauntlet! Where you will be fighting opponents for fame, money and glory! Mostly to me but you get that exposure for future gigs."

@thatguyinthestore
"D-dammit..." Harper muttered as she was dragged to the supposed 'Gauntlet.' Great, underground fighting tournaments. Bruce would be so proud. Figuring that escape was theoretically impossible, at least for the time being, Harper glanced over to Roulette with an obvious pissed off glare.

"So... who do I fight first?" Harper asked, although she had a few ideas of her own.

@Jeremi

@Widowmaker

80A4tyb.png

@Jeremi

Ben shakes his head.

"I don't know if I'm ready to walk this path. But if there's no other way, I'll walk it..."

Ben turns to Trixie. "If only I had an alien that could alter memories, or at least make us all come off as dreams, then we wouldn't have to sit through this bloodshed."

Ben lightened up a little.

"Hey... uh... pony... uh... anyways, happen to have any memory spells? Sleep spells? Surely you must have some alternative if you're the one to suggest so?"

Terry McGinnis
@Jeremi @Crow @Others(?)

Ben's question honestly left Terry in a bit of a bind; while normally the answer would have been simple, here... In some sort of alternate version of Gotham, it was a little more complex.

ORjapCi.png

"Well, I mean... I'm Batman, but..." He frowned, eyeing Bruce for a moment.

"Not that Batman." He concluded after a moment.

It was hard to say if there was another Bruce somewhere... Off with the Justice League in space, if he were to believe the local news which honestly? Considering the anchor, he really didn't feel inclined to.

Back to the subject of planning their Blackgate incursion though, Terry slapped his forehead for a moment, before he spoke again.

dcIhOeK.png

"Right! Uh... Blackgate." He said, studying Aqua Woman's map of the city closely.

"I can sneak in using my suit... Scout the place for any traps..." He started, then he paused for a moment.

"But I'll need to know what we might be up against. This isn't the Gotham I know..." He added, turning towards the Penguin with an inquisitive look.

On a sidenote, he did feel a little hungry, but... Now wasn't the time for food; they had bigger fish to try first... And perhaps some group members to keep in check, as he realized that some were not beyond killing to accomplish their goals, something that Terry would much prefer to avoid if possible...​

"Alright Not-that-Batman," Ben says, his mouth full and his Omnitrix dialed, "if you're gonna sneak, I'm coming two. You know what they say, takes two to tango."

Ben inspects him for a bit.

"Sweet suit! But have you ever felt that it needs... let's say... an upgrade?"

@Widowmaker @Archmage Jeremiah @thatguyinthestore @York @Atomic Knight

LfmigT7.png

The general took the time to move into the Iceberg Lounge behind the group. He listened to the bigger, stout man named the Penguin and Bruce talk about Blackgate Penitentiary and Arkham Asylum.

John stepped in and turned toward Bruce.

"Listen, I know my way around computers. I can hack a way into the prison. "

@Jeremi

latest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back