Status
Not open for further replies.
Cerin Cornine

Cerin knew that he was exhausting his options if he didn't kill or have Cole surrender. Of course, seeing as he wasn't in the mood for mercy, a kill would seem nice. He took a deep breath and thought about what there was to do. He could do something drastic and it would take him time to recover, at least a few minutes, but the pull to the earth didn't render him immobile as much as a snake movement. He couldn't risk that for now, but what he could do was just as dangerous. He knew that if he didn't end this fight soon, he might die. He knew that nobody would trust him after this, but what did it matter? What was a few dozen or more so enemies to his roster? It wasn't like he was seeking redemption or anything. He was a monster and he knew it in his heart of hearts. He took a deep breath and slowly but surely walked towards the edge of the arena, manipulating the air and fog with a mix of his water and air magic. It burned a bit and he knew it was dangerous, but he didn't care. Once he had done that, he was so sure that he could find Cole and once that was done, he closed his eyes and held his breath as he took the air from the whole area they were fighting in. He could last a good three minutes without breathing. He didn't think Cole would last that long.

He dared to not speak so his powers wouldn't betray him. If anyway saw, it seem that he was exhausted, but he was still going. He would get through sheer will alone and then once his opponent was done, he would take a rest. Though he knew he would probably not make it if Cole survived this, he would ask. " Do you yield Cole? I'll give you back the air if you say it, but otherwise, well you will lose in a different way." He asked, pointing his gun towards him once he was revealed.

Void Stiles

The Nogitsune looked over at him and took a deep breath and was happy that he was fast. It would be a problem if he wasn't. It helped that with each passing moment he would get faster. The more chaos, pain and strife that happened, the more things would get better for him. Yeah, the fights were ending, but that didn't mean there wouldn't be more pain later from the results. Someone was bound to kill someone. It was in human nature and if he was to bet money, he imagined that either Cerin was killing or close to killing Cole or the other way around. Though, Cerin seemed a lot more powerful then he appeared.

" Well, you are not wrong it would seem, I'm a fox spirit after all. It would be so easy to say you are wrong about me, but I'm not above anything. It is something that honestly would make this interesting. But it seems that you are too slow to react to me, so I'll let you have whatever you want as I prefer to not be beaten in my first match," he said, taking his Stiles appearance back into form. It was hard to tell though of one thing. Was the animal the true form, was the man or was Stiles? It seemed that in a way each was true to the figure that stood before him and some ways none of them were true.

He was no fool and he knew that Armstrong needed something to occupy his time.

" I'm sure that your mother is very proud that you graduated from the distinguished Texas-U," he said, as he looked at him dead in the eyes and trying to not roll his eyes as he was very much wanting too. He sighed as he leaned on the tree and moved over to him and decided to shake his hand, it was impossible to tell what his strength was. " Well, three guesses seem fair enough if you fuck up. There will be more then enough ways, and a free-clap back seems like a god deal to me. It would be so easy to have said no to you when it came to these things and you are right, I'm not the best person. Yes, we can settle this like men," he said, looking over at him after he shook his hand and simply frowned in response. " A smile is a guess to say the least, but sadly, it is not the right answer, two guesses to go. I'm surprised that someone from the distinguished Texas University couldn't solve a riddle that should be simple enough," he said. " As for now, I think I'll let you stick with this riddle, it's only fair for your guess. We never put it in the rules, but I'm assuming that you want to answer the same riddle with your three guesses." He looked over at him and waited to see what his next guess was. Never had he been so bored with a human.

@Cromartous

"Ah. . .so that is how you work. . ." Specter Knight mused as he watched Eliza's skin separate itself from her very own skeleton, as if it had a mind of it's own. The Specter Scythe clattered against the Staff of Ra and bounced back a bit, before swiftly soaring over Eliza's head and returning itself to Specter Knight's hands once more.

The knight spun the scythe in the downward arc in time for the wide blade to block the blood cobra shooting towards him, but the force of the kick still knocked him back with a hiss. Now that there was some range between them once more, Specter Knight let his scythe float from his hands and hover behind him as reached out both of his clawed gauntlets to conjure another attack in each palm - two bright pink-green globules of energy began to take shape within the reaper's palms, inflating into blobs about the size of large bowling balls.

"AAAAAAAAAAH!"

A trio of screaming faces manifested beneath the green membrane of the two Bounding Souls, loudly shrieking in agitation as Specter Knight leaped upwards and slammed the projectiles into the floor beside himself. The souls turned out to very bouncy - they rebounded off the surface of the floor like bouncy balls and homed in on Eliza from her left and right flanks.

But that wasn't all - as soon as the two Bounding Souls were cast off towards Eliza, Specter Knight hovered close to the ground and formed another channel of dark energy within the ground in front of himself. As he clenched his fist, the ground cracked open and a Skeletal Sentry suddenly scrabbled forth from the unholy depths, its eye sockets glowing with a baleful light.

latest

*BAMBAMBAM!*

The undead servant locked on to Eliza's position like clockwork, planting itself into the ground and unleashing a trio of flaming projectiles directly at her.

The challenge had been presented to her - two bouncy soul projectiles were coming at her from her left and right sides, and three magic missiles were flying at her from the front. Specter Knight crossed his arms and watched to see if the decadent woman could overcome his techniques.

@Yun Lee

"Ohohoho! Getting a bit tricky, are we? What a pathetic technique!"
the lady of Bastet's Den laughed as the projectiles soared towards her from all directions. She has far too much on the line back at home to let such lowly dreg cut her down now, hm? Such as it is, it seemed to her that the end of this cute little fight was rapidly approaching.

With a single thought, the woman's flesh parted itself from the entirety of her skeleton once more, drifting into the air like ink drifting through war and shaping itself into eerie sarcophagus of rippling blood and immortal flesh that hung in the air above the battle, safely tucked away from the commotion beneath.

Specter Knight watched silently from afar, slowly curling his bony fingers around the base of the Specter Scythe.

"USELESS!"

Eliza's remaining skeleton, meanwhile, snarled and let out a wicked laugh as it dropped to the floor and let the Bounding Souls and magic missiles soar over her head. The Skeletal Sentry summoned by Specter Knight wouldn't last for another second as Eliza rushed forward in her skeletal form, reaching out her arm and allowing a sharpened axe of pure blood to shape itself around her forearm. With one precise hack across it's chestplate, the Skeletal Sentry shattered into a pile of bones spilled across the Arena floor. The remaining bones sizzled and collapsed into scattered ash.

Eliza's skeleton smiled wickedly, standing at its full height and holding out its arms to allow the floating flesh to return to its rightful owner. Soon enough, Eliza's beautiful form was restored, as well as her smug smile.

"I don't have the time to keep playing these childish games, darling!" she stepped forward, yawning condescendingly and looking around. "At this rate, I might need to call my bodyguards to finish this - I'm getting much too bored. How about you. . .huh?"

The diva halted her taunting to notice that her opponent. . .was missing.

"Hm? He ran away?"

CRAAAAAAAAAACK!

The sudden shot of thunder threatened to blow out the eardrums of any soul who was spectating the match. A flash of light consumed Eliza's eyes, causing her momentary blindness and an incessant ringing in her ears that droned on and on for what felt like forever. A few moments passed, but the blindness wouldn't subside. It was as if the whole world has simply lost light in a single moment. But Eliza couldn't even tell where she was, for when the ringing stopped in her ears. . .she couldn't hear anything.

The sound of her own voice vanished. No smells, no mass beneath her feet. Not even a taste of blood on her tongue.

Complete isolation.

"Judgement Rush."

Specter Knight's voice interrupted the deafness, shooting through it's walls like an arrow. That was when everything was 'back online' - the sight of the sky above her filled her vision, the ground beneath her feet had it's mass, and the cool wind against the skin was even present. That was quite weird.

But not as weird as what came at her at the last second.

S H N K

"KH--!"

Eliza didn't have time to take in the sights again before the sharp pain suddenly shot up through her abdomen. The sight of deep crimson blood spilt across the ground in front of her wasn't anything new to the top blood donor in New Meridian, of course. Why should she panic? Everything is fine. But that's not blood she can control. Her thoughts - her commands - aren't making it move. It sat there.

"Th-that isn't. . ."

". . .H o w?"

The massive scythe blade tore itself out from her abdomen, causing her body to fall backwards and smash against the floor of the arena like an abused ragdoll. A growing pool of scarlet liquid grew beneath the corpse as the last few signs of life swiftly escaped Eliza's still-open eyes; wide and white, frozen in an expression of confusion.

". . .Hmph."

Specter Knight heaved the scythe over his shoulder, allowing the bright blood to splatter off from the scythe blade and on to his cloak. He shared a long gaze with Eliza, before turning his back on the fresh kill and looking up towards the sky at no one in particular.

"Cell," he called out, as if he could hear him.

He motioned the scythe towards the corpse.

"I'm done here."

@Raynar Saassin @Yun Lee

"It's not just a job. It's about survival. I did not choose the world I live in. That was done for all of us when the nukes cames. In some waus, I'd wish I had a life like that. What we do is not an adventure. We fight for the good of the people that are still alive. Those are plagued by scum. I suppose you can call us police and military force at once. Be glad the world you life in and hope you will never witness that of destruction. Because I doubt there will be vaults to protect you." Maria said towards Mason as she took off her helmet. "Also, we lack a lot back home. For example, before I came here, I haven't had a shower since I left Vault 101. That was years ago."
"I will do what I can. I do not know if I will be fighting Cell, but I am more than certain I will try my damn best. Hmm... just missing GNR with Three Dog right now."

She followed Mason and joined the rest.

Maria nods towards the girls. "Maria, Brotherhood of Steel." She answered as they were joined by the rest of the squad, who saluted to Maria. "At ease." She said as the group took a seat.
Maria looks towards Itsuki "My advice, don't let your fear get to you. Try to enter the fight with a calm jead. I know it can be difficult, but if you let your fear control you, you will lose. Unless you have powers run on fear, then I say keep fearing." She said half joking.

"You hear that, Asuha?" Itsuki says as she takes Maria's advice.

"Easier said than done, but if I could do that in my first fight, I can do it in any fight," Asuha responds.

"Oh, I suppose it's only appropriate that we introduce our affiliations. We are from Shinjugamine School's Hoshimori Class."

"Mari... I used to have a friend named Mari. She was an interesting woman. Spent a lot more time playing video games than doing her job. You look to be the opposite, though."

"Mari... Itsuki... Fuuran..." Mason said, pointing to each girl in turn, "I think I have those names down. It's nice to meet all of you! I don't know much about honorifics, but I'd like to try. Does '-chan' work? You're all high school students, which means you're younger."

"Mason Moretti. I work for the United Universes. We're the closest thing the multiverse has to an overall governing body. Of course, most universes aren't aware of the overall multiverse, and that's okay. We just let them be. For those at are, we try to keep the peace and provide aid where we can. If your world is that desperate for resources, Maria, then I wish I could help it. This sounds like the kind of situation that the UU would get involved in. I can't make any promises though. Right now, we need to survive the Cell Games and get back to our home worlds. And multiverse travel is tricky. I can't just 'set a course for Maria's Earth' and arrive there. All I can do is let my boss know about your world. If it happens to be stumbled upon in the future, then maybe we can work on repairing a broken world."

"You three must be top of your class. You all seem pretty observant. If you don't mind a little rambling, I'd like to piggyback off what you've noticed."

"I've found myself in more than a few scrapes in other universes, and I always thought my powers were able to adapt to the world I was in. In most of my travels, I was the only outsider present. I didn't exactly have a point of reference. In other events that have brought people together like this, there's always been some sort of 'equalizing force' that eliminates superhuman traits and neutralizes outside technology. However, this universe has taken a different approach."

"Rather than powers adapting to the setting, it seems that any given universe either adapts to accept an outside power or outright negates it. Powers that normally shouldn't meet are allowed to, and paradoxically all function. A device that assimilates DNA, two conduits of the force of lightning, an undead specter, and a robot that can summon a familiar all coexist. Maria's stimpacks managed to heal me, and Macy's aura... er, my locket's magic managed to heal Maria. Rather than equalize by negating powers, this universe has brought powers to an even playing field."

"Usually, I don't have as much aura to spare in a fight as I did with Maria. Somewhere, I was able to dig up a fighting spirit to keep on going. Everyone here seems capable of fighting at full strength. That's what is most surprising. Asuha-chan, I don't think you need to worry about strength."

"Fuuran-chan is right. You'll win if you pull out everything you can. I don't think fights in this world are won by how strong you are. Fights are just as much a mental battle as a physical one. I lost because I slipped up. I let emotions take too much control. What I gained in power, I lost in defense. To beat Maria, I would have to outlast her arsenal. Her level of skill with her weaponry meant that my best bet would be letting her run out of ammo. Though that wouldn't guarantee my victory. Maria, you did jut as well in that fight as I did. You deserve a little praise."

"I think there might even be a way to beat Saitama. He's pretty strong. It would take an all out attack to scratch him, and good luck dodging those punches. However, there's one thing he lacks: the drive. He doesn't have the same will to fight as people like Armstrong and the Coles. Look at 'Stiles' and Cerin's tactics. They're wearing down opponents leagues stronger than them mentally. The same could be done for Saitama, though he's far too calm to be shaken by illusions or tough words. I don't know what could weaken him emotionally, but there has to be something."

"I'm kinda glad I got kicked out early. Now I get to sit back, analyze these fights, and maybe pick up a few new tricks. Maybe the next fight life throws at me, I should use a lance. Eh, Asuha-chan?"

Mason reached into his coat pocket, discovering that there was a hole torn in it by the blast of a certain lady's laser rifle. The contents remained in the pocket, but not without damage. Mason retrieved a red box of candy with a char-black hole straight through the middle. He sighed deeply and opened the box anyway. He took a piece of the candy out, finding it broken halfway down its length and glued by chocolate to three other half-broken pieces. He offered the box to the girls sitting beside him.

View attachment 3166

"Anybody want a piece of half-melted Pocky? If you've never heard of it, it's like chocolate covered shortbread."

@Raynar Saassin @Crow @Donder172 @Audience​

"Don't think I appreciate being called '-chan' by anyone outside my pals," Fuuran crosses her arms, "the thought of it makes me sick."

"I guess I am, Mason," Mari laughs.

"An organisation to govern most of the multiverse? Like, many universes? I never thought that was even remotely possible," Itsuki ponders. "We haven't gone too far from Earth yet, let alone covered the entire galaxy."

"So you're saying that the one thing that truly matters is a brain, huh, Mason," Fuuran responds, "Asuha's got enough of that. If she really does have the power to keep up, then I say go for it."

"I'll find that something Saitama's weak to, somehow, somewhere," Asuha seemed determined, "when I face him, I'll certainly be prepared."

CVAFlM6.jpg

Facing Mason, she nods, "mmmhmmm! Lances are my specialty, but I have been thinking of changing to swords. If I want to be the greatest Hoshimori, I'll need to master all kinds of weapon types for all kinds of situations!"

"Yeah, sure!" Fuuran says as she grabs a stick of pockey that evaded the blast.

"Uh, are you sure that wasn't hit by a radioactive blast?"

"A what?"

"We were talking about it a few minutes ago."

Mason almost choked on his Pocky as he watched the fight between Aigis and Gruff-Cole. He used his aura to check what his eyes and ears old him.

"Aigis, did she just... Did Aigis just... What is that? That was a giant spike of power. I feel darkness rising in her soul. It feels like it isn't even Aigis anymore. I can imagine a lot of people powering up through dark emotions. Maybe her opponent, but not Aigis herself."

"And Gruff-Cole... He has some mad power of his own. I can't place where his powers come from. Like Ben and I, I think he's picked up a few tricks of his own from other worlds. He shrugged off Aigis's final strke and managed to kill her apparition. If she doesn't stop now..."

Mason stood up in the stands and called out,

"AIGIS! This isn't you! This fight isn't worth giving up your self, and it's definitely not worth giving up your life!"

"What would Minato think?"

@Raynar Saassin @Crow @Donder172 @Audience

@Minerva @Atomic Knight

the lady of Bastet's Den laughed as the projectiles soared towards her from all directions. She has far too much on the line back at home to let such lowly dreg cut her down now, hm? Such as it is, it seemed to her that the end of this cute little fight was rapidly approaching.

With a single thought, the woman's flesh parted itself from the entirety of her skeleton once more, drifting into the air like ink drifting through war and shaping itself into eerie sarcophagus of rippling blood and immortal flesh that hung in the air above the battle, safely tucked away from the commotion beneath.

Specter Knight watched silently from afar, slowly curling his bony fingers around the base of the Specter Scythe.

"USELESS!"

Eliza's remaining skeleton, meanwhile, snarled and let out a wicked laugh as it dropped to the floor and let the Bounding Souls and magic missiles soar over her head. The Skeletal Sentry summoned by Specter Knight wouldn't last for another second as Eliza rushed forward in her skeletal form, reaching out her arm and allowing a sharpened axe of pure blood to shape itself around her forearm. With one precise hack across it's chestplate, the Skeletal Sentry shattered into a pile of bones spilled across the Arena floor. The remaining bones sizzled and collapsed into scattered ash.

Eliza's skeleton smiled wickedly, standing at its full height and holding out its arms to allow the floating flesh to return to its rightful owner. Soon enough, Eliza's beautiful form was restored, as well as her smug smile.

"I don't have the time to keep playing these childish games, darling!" she stepped forward, yawning condescendingly and looking around. "At this rate, I might need to call my bodyguards to finish this - I'm getting much too bored. How about you. . .huh?"

"Hm? He ran away?"

CRAAAAAAAAAACK!

The sudden shot of thunder threatened to blow out the eardrums of any soul who was spectating the match. A flash of light consumed Eliza's eyes, causing her momentary blindness and an incessant ringing in her ears that droned on and on for what felt like forever. A few moments passed, but the blindness wouldn't subside. It was as if the whole world has simply lost light in a single moment. But Eliza couldn't even tell where she was, for when the ringing stopped in her ears. . .she couldn't hear anything.

The sound of her own voice vanished. No smells, no mass beneath her feet. Not even a taste of blood on her tongue.

Complete isolation.

"Judgement Rush."

Specter Knight's voice interrupted the deafness, shooting through it's walls like an arrow. That was when everything was 'back online' - the sight of the sky above her filled her vision, the ground beneath her feet had it's mass, and the cool wind against the skin was even present. That was quite weird.

S H N K

"KH--!"

Eliza didn't have time to take in the sights again before the sharp pain suddenly shot up through her abdomen. The sight of deep crimson blood spilt across the ground in front of her wasn't anything new to the top blood donor in New Meridian, of course. Why should she panic? Everything is fine. But that's not blood she can control. Her thoughts - her commands - aren't making it move. It sat there.

"Th-that isn't. . ."

". . .H o w?"

The massive scythe blade tore itself out from her abdomen, causing her body to fall backwards and smash against the floor of the arena like an abused ragdoll. A growing pool of scarlet liquid grew beneath the corpse as the last few signs of life swiftly escaped Eliza's still-open eyes; wide and white, frozen in an expression of confusion.

". . .Hmph."

Specter Knight heaved the scythe over his shoulder, allowing the bright blood to splatter off from the scythe blade and on to his cloak. He shared a long gaze with Eliza, before turning his back on the fresh kill and looking up towards the sky at no one in particular.

"I'm done here."

@Raynar Saassin @Yun Lee

It wasn't too long before the first few rounds of serious exchange occured. While Mason focused on the fight between Gruff Cole & Aegis preparing to come to a close, the girls looked in horror at Specter Knight's judgement upon Eliza, Mari covering Asuha's eyes for that.

"Oi!" Fuuran ran up to Specter Knight with anger as she materialised her signature sword in her hands. "What's the meaning of that? Are you asking for a beating, punk?"

"Fuuran," Itsuki shakes her head, "please stand down."

WYb4nwH.png

"Oh, I'll stand down alright, once I'm done with him! I don't care if we send each other to hospital, I'm not even in this tourney anyways! But he is, and I'll make sure he'll get a valid excuse to be disqualified!"

"Wh- what just happened?"

@Raynar Saassin @Alex Azure @Donder172 @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Audience​

Last edited:
tumblr_inline_o5ttn8b3_Db1u3unvd_100.png

"Ah, well, I guess that's what people tend to say. That I'm not quite what I look like, whatever that means to imply," Saitama simply said listlessly to Lukas, though honestly, he wasn't completely oblivious to it. What was meant when people said stuff like that to him, but at this point, his emotions had dulled too much for him to take it into much consideration.

"I kinda wanted to let this go on if it meant giving a show, but I mean... Honestly, if that Cell guy over there is supposed to be the big bad and the only way to get to him is to let others advance further in this tournament, I guess we shouldn't waste any more time," the hero said. A shame there didn't seem to be any rules about ring-out disqualification. Otherwise, Saitama probably would have just opted to painlessly punch the air hard enough until the resounding winds pushed his opponent out, but alas, it couldn't be helped.

"Don't hold back. Let's skip the build-up and show me your strongest move, alright?" He asked; though his voice may have sounded as bored as ever, he did want to see what Lukas was truly capable of, if he was capable of anything like flashy magical attacks or some cool tricks with his weapons there.

@Takumi

"USELESS!"

"Hm? He ran away?"

CRAAAAAAAAAACK!

Complete isolation.

"Judgement Rush."

S H N K

"KH--!"

"Th-that isn't. . ."

". . .H o w?"

". . .Hmph."

"I'm done here."

@Raynar Saassin @Yun Lee

"Easier said than done, but if I could do that in my first fight, I can do it in any fight," Asuha responds.

"Oh, I suppose it's only appropriate that we introduce our affiliations. We are from Shinjugamine School's Hoshimori Class."

"Don't think I appreciate being called '-chan' by anyone outside my pals," Fuuran crosses her arms, "the thought of it makes me sick."

"An organisation to govern most of the multiverse? Like, many universes? I never thought that was even remotely possible," Itsuki ponders. "We haven't gone too far from Earth yet, let alone covered the entire galaxy."

"So you're saying that the one thing that truly matters is a brain, huh, Mason," Fuuran responds, "Asuha's got enough of that. If she really does have the power to keep up, then I say go for it."

"I'll find that something Saitama's weak to, somehow, somewhere," Asuha seemed determined, "when I face him, I'll certainly be prepared."

CVAFlM6.jpg

Facing Mason, she nods, "mmmhmmm! Lances are my specialty, but I have been thinking of changing to swords. If I want to be the greatest Hoshimori, I'll need to master all kinds of weapon types for all kinds of situations!"

"A what?"

It wasn't too long before the first few rounds of serious exchange occured. While Mason focused on the fight between Gruff Cole & Aegis preparing to come to a close, the girls looked in horror at Specter Knight's judgement upon Eliza, Mari covering Asuha's eyes for that.

"Oi!" Fuuran ran up to Specter Knight with anger as she materialised her signature sword in her hands. "What's the meaning of that? Are you asking for a beating, punk?"

WYb4nwH.png

"Oh, I'll stand down alright, once I'm done with him! I don't care if we send each other to hospital, I'm not even in this tourney anyways! But he is, and I'll make sure he'll get a valid excuse to be disqualified!"

"Just Fuuran it is then."

"I'd be glad to help you with some sword practice, Asuha. Though we might have bigger concerns on our hands."

Mason's expression was very dark and somber. He kept his eyes pointed towards the ground, away from the gruesome, bloody mess Specter Knight had made of Eliza.

View attachment 3170
"I didn't want it to turn into this. Of course we couldn't have a friendly competition. Of course I say, 'hey, let's not kill each other' and people start killing. It's unavoidable, isn't it? Somebody always has to die."

View attachment 3171
"Itsuki's right, Fuuran. Stand down."
Mason materialized a sword of his own and used the blunt side to hold Fuuran back. His voice was cold. It held the same cadence as when he got angry at Maria during their fight, but lacked the same energy. "Cell gave us the rules. He said we could kill each other, and this is why."

"We can worry about the dead after the end of the tournament. There might be a way to get them back. We don't need to add to their numbers. I know it's tragic, but it's what we have to deal with."

"Asuha, Eliza won't be able to join us in the audience. Let's hope the same doesn't happen in other fights like Aigis's, Cerin's, or Armstrong's. You might want to keep your eyes shut for a little while longer."

@Raynar Saassin @Crow @Donder172 @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Audience​

Cerin Cornine

Cerin knew that he was exhausting his options if he didn't kill or have Cole surrender. Of course, seeing as he wasn't in the mood for mercy, a kill would seem nice. He took a deep breath and thought about what there was to do. He could do something drastic and it would take him time to recover, at least a few minutes, but the pull to the earth didn't render him immobile as much as a snake movement. He couldn't risk that for now, but what he could do was just as dangerous. He knew that if he didn't end this fight soon, he might die. He knew that nobody would trust him after this, but what did it matter? What was a few dozen or more so enemies to his roster? It wasn't like he was seeking redemption or anything. He was a monster and he knew it in his heart of hearts. He took a deep breath and slowly but surely walked towards the edge of the arena, manipulating the air and fog with a mix of his water and air magic. It burned a bit and he knew it was dangerous, but he didn't care. Once he had done that, he was so sure that he could find Cole and once that was done, he closed his eyes and held his breath as he took the air from the whole area they were fighting in. He could last a good three minutes without breathing. He didn't think Cole would last that long.

He dared to not speak so his powers wouldn't betray him. If anyway saw, it seem that he was exhausted, but he was still going. He would get through sheer will alone and then once his opponent was done, he would take a rest. Though he knew he would probably not make it if Cole survived this, he would ask. " Do you yield Cole? I'll give you back the air if you say it, but otherwise, well you will lose in a different way." He asked, pointing his gun towards him once he was revealed.
@Cromartous
Cole took his first breath in what felt like a lifetime. Every breath, every sigh, every click of his joints risked revealing his location to Cerin, and he had taken far too many risks could one day. But those precious moments his silence had bought - those may fly weeks- had given him a foot in the door. He could sense his strength returning, the fires of passion once again burning from within the depths of his belly. He was far from his Beast-Slaying best, but right now, he would take what he could get. Five minutes ago he had been fighting for breath. Having enough charge to power a cell phone was a step up from there.

That being said, his electricity supply was still mostly exhausted- even the power he was drinking from the storm wasn't enough to get him airborne again, and it certainly fell short of letting him summon a lightning blade. He had to play his cards close to his chest. His remaining charge would be rationed, solely being channeled into his movement skills; he couldn't fight if he couldn't stand. Stand...

Cole willed himself to rise from his hiding spot and let the fogs and storms flow back into his being. There was no use in wasting juice on a veil that wouldn't hold up in a bullet storm. He felt his body slum forward again, leaning over his anvil like a blacksmith crippled by time. Suffocation had robbed his body of much of its stamina- Cole knew that he was running on lightning and lightning alone. In the same situation, the average human would have been paralyzed, catatonic or worse. Throwing his limp body from side to side with sudden bursts of charge, the Electric Man clumsily swung from bullet to bullet, like a marionette on tangled strings, barely avoiding an untimely death with each strike. His movements, though fast, seemed somehow slugging, as if each step came with a ball and chain dragging behind it. He knew that no wasn't the time for keeping aces up his sleeves. It was time to get cold-hearted.

With a flick of his wrists, Cole's body went stiff, an unnatural blue haze creeping across his flesh. Within moments, his health tan retreated from his body like the morning's sunlight is chased from the edges of a curtain by evening. He seemed healthier than before, somehow, the tenseness of his muscles disguising the twitching damage a kiss from death had inflicted upon him, and a pale white frost sealing over his numerous cuts and bruises. The blue glow in his eyes seemed to lighten more and more until the ocean of navy became infinite white. Creeping towers of ice seemed to crawl along his forearms and down to his fingertips, engulfing him not in lightning, but in a thick shield of ice. His body quivered no more, the chill of the cold overwriting the fleeting pain in his ligaments.

Leaping forward in a blur of smoke and icy sea spray, Cole found himself upon Cerin, propelled by a collum of ice summoned from his former position. "Yield?" He muttered with a tongue unfazed by his transformation. "What is this? Shakespeare in the park?" His words were followed up with a chilling strike to the chest, one not forewarned by charging or a flash of light; it was time for a good old-fashioned slugfest. He wasn't going to give Cerin another chance to pull another mind trick out of his sack, or flank him with more gunfire. He had seen how much his foe had exhausted himself summoning a wind-shield the first time around. Perhaps if he tried to summon one again, they would both be sitting in the same, tiring ship. If not, Cerin would find himself with a first of ice knocking on his chest, and a spray of slush to the face. "Sorry pal, but I ain't gonna yield until a've played every ace in my deck, and the ones up ma sleeve"
Cerin Cornine
" Well, you are not wrong it would seem, I'm a fox spirit after all. It would be so easy to say you are wrong about me, but I'm not above anything. It is something that honestly would make this interesting. But it seems that you are too slow to react to me, so I'll let you have whatever you want as I prefer to not be beaten in my first match," he said, taking his Stiles appearance back into form. It was hard to tell though of one thing. Was the animal the true form, was the man or was Stiles? It seemed that in a way each was true to the figure that stood before him and some ways none of them were true.]
The Senator rolled his eyes. And the tabloids called him smug. 'Fighting' Stiles had almost proven to be therapeutic for Armstrong. It was like having an out of body experience; he was meeting a man with powers he couldn't understand, with the attitude of a true Republican and the ego that could engulf that of a professional wrestler. It was like staring into a poorly dressed mirror.

"Ya know what, kid? You're alright" The Senator laughed again, cracking out his back in a stretch "You've really got me stumped with this one... I'd offer you a cigar if they weren't, you know, trapped in the 'real world' and all" Somehow he was both sarcastic and sincere at the same time, the sap of smugness and sweetness of one of Steven's rare compliments seemed to mix together to form a gooey tar, so much so now man could decide the true sentiment of the statement. Perhaps he truly had earned Armstrong's respect
" I'm sure that your mother is very proud that you graduated from the distinguished Texas-U," he said, as he looked at him dead in the eyes and trying to not roll his eyes as he was very much wanting too. He sighed as he leaned on the tree and moved over to him and decided to shake his hand, it was impossible to tell what his strength was. " Well, three guesses seem fair enough if you fuck up. There will be more then enough ways, and a free-clap back seems like a god deal to me. It would be so easy to have said no to you when it came to these things and you are right, I'm not the best person. Yes, we can settle this like men," he said, looking over at him after he shook his hand and simply frowned in response. " A smile is a guess to say the least, but sadly, it is not the right answer, two guesses to go. I'm surprised that someone from the distinguished Texas University couldn't solve a riddle that should be simple enough," he said. " As for now, I think I'll let you stick with this riddle, it's only fair for your guess. We never put it in the rules, but I'm assuming that you want to answer the same riddle with your three guesses." He looked over at him and waited to see what his next guess was. Never had he been so bored with a human.
"Oh yeah, mamma's real proud of her boy" The Senator slowly made his way across the forest, lightly kicking aside any debris in the way "She was real proud of ma distinguished education, but even more proud of me when I enlisted. Like patriots are" He cast his eyes across every inch of Stiles, dissecting him like a rat in a classroom. "I wouldn't expect someone like you to understand" After a moment of silence, he continued, his warm expression betrayed by a gradually tensing brow "I didn't get some lardy arse Ivy League Education. Texas-U is rough. It's hard. It eats you up and it spits you out, and I ruled that bitch." His smile slipped away "And if there's one thing a place like that teaches you, its discipline. It's grit. It's triumph! Throw military training in there, and what do you get?" He cupped his ear, waiting for a response to his own riddle. "You get men! Americans! Willing to fight! Willing to die for their country! Men hardened by advertising, who don't have the world handed to them on a platter, you millennial ingrate!" The Senator raised his tense arms in exasperation and tensed his firsts in aggression. Oh he wanted to punch that limey runt right between the eyes! All he needed was that damn opening... that damn free pass...."As for your stupid fucking riddle..." He cast his eyes backward in thought...

Something small and raised in good times. The kid was too young to smoke or drink by the looks of things. It was probably something clean. Something those damn kids were into nowadays, with their gang symbols and stupid dance crazes. No. Back in his days it was all waves and...

"Thumbs Up? Its gotta be thumbs up or throwing ya hat in the air or some shit... Ya know what?I think you're playing me, and there ain't no answer at all!!"

@Mobile post

Cerin Cornine

Cerin knew he was exhausting his options and he wasn't about to summon a wind shield or make some more water attack. An Earth attack was going to end him now and if he tried to use fire, he would be burning up all his options. With a spare hand, he pulled out his cell phone and scrolled through his music to find just the right song. It was a goddamn miracle he hadn't broken it and he turned up the speakers up and was happy that he had made it so it amplified itself. He pressed play to get some music to pump himself up. It was an ironic choice if he wound up losing, but it was going to work for now. After all, there was no going wrong with Breaking Benjamin.

He could take a deep breath as the music echoed throughout the arena. It was a good thing he had a playlist of literally this son on repeat for three hours. He doubted that the fight would get that long. There was no doubting that he could make it so much worse and he groaned. He was so happy that he had changed back into his suit before the fight. It was funny that he had complained about fighting in a suit, but had decided it was better to fight in.

Cerin looked over at his doppelganger and then back to something he had remembered about him. He gestured for the doppelganger to come to him. In a second, he placed his hand on it and let it come back into him. It wasn't a total reset, but it would give him enough energy to be able to fight in a close combat situation. After all, he had learned a long time ago, the doppelganger was an extension of his magic and he had been out for a while. It was one thing to look over and he knew that he couldn't use his magic though. It would bring him right back to the state that he was currently in, it would bring him a whole lot closer to death and he wasn't ready for that to happen. He wasn't ready to die, not in this place away from him. It wasn't like he hadn't died before, but he had been brought back with magic. He owed a self-proclaimed god of second chances a lot in terms of memories and he had told him that he would take him when he would die a permanent death.

Ice was something that he could handle before and he knew that it wasn't impossible to defeat Cole. He had no problem with fighting until there was no fight left in either of them. He could do this all day if he hadn't too. It was why he had taken multiple hours to work out and to make sure he was figuratively and literally as perfect as he could be. Cole didn't know what he could do in close quarters combat, there was something about the suit that hid the fact that Cerin was a lot stronger then he seemed. It was hilarious to see his reaction and he would imagine he wouldn't expect it either. Of course, expecting something was always the downfall of his plans. He noticed the thick shield that he had made, but there was no arguing against it for the time being. He knew that much.

Cerin took a look over to see how he was propelling against him and that was the honest truth. He looked over at him and had to smirk. " You do know that the term yield is not just a term for Shakespeare, correct?" He asked, ignoring his gut instinct for now to not keep talking and he didn't need to play a mind trick right now. There was a reason he hadn't done it in a while, it had gotten pointless once he realized what he was doing. He took a look and rolled out of the way. What did he expect? Him to summon a wind shield? It would have been so easy to do that and exhaust himself. " Cole, you got to think smart. Thinking smart would be realizing that there is more than one way for a person to dodge an attack, I imagined that you haven't yet, but neither have I," he said, looking over at the ice that Cole had made and shot at it. When it fell, he would grab it and hurl it at Cole's position. If he could dodge that somehow, he would be met with a slug to the face. " Suit hides more than you think."

Void Stiles

Void Stiles had to admit that he had been being a bit smug. It was funny that fighting him was going better then he had expected. Actually, it was going more then better. It was going great. He had expected him to be a fight that he was going to enjoy and relish when he got the riddle wrong. It was something else to say that he was hoping that it wouldn't take him too long to overcomplicate the riddle and get his next two guesses.

Void Stiles had to NOT roll his eyes when he had called him alright. It was one thing that the Nogitsune hated about humans. They were all about being together and working together which was stupid on so many levels. He hadn't care that he was being sarcastic and smug, but he doubted that he had earned the man's respect. And even if he had, he was about to lose it in about three seconds with everything that he had happen to him. It was one thing to pretend that everything was fine, but it was another to not slowly lose his mind.

Void Stiles had been pressing the buttons long enough to know that he had hit it thoroughly out of the park. If there was two things that every human hated in his life, it was making fun of their alma matter and to insult their mothers. It was so easy to laugh, but he decided that he was going to be smart about this. He knew that he couldn't make him hate him more if he had tried. Of course, it would be so easy to pretend that he was interested and to make him look like a fool. But he had decided a long time ago that he wasn't about to do that. Of course he had been so good at school. He wouldn't have been surprised that he had broken by the second. Of course, he had to gloat about America. He already knew that he was going to answer his own riddle. It was just like a man of his caliber to do just that and he was getting mad at him. Men did stupid things when they were angry. He had learned that from his encounter with the true Stiles and his friends. The mad one got, the easier it was to see ones weakness and what they valued. It was kind of funny that a smart man was falling for his fox tricks. Tricks that he had used to manipulate teenagers. Tricks that should for all purpose not be working. Of course, he remembered the deal, but he had a way around it if he was half-right. He had to chuckle a bit now though.

The nogitsune waited for him to answer and he would tell him if he was right or wrong and he was disappointed. " You overthought the riddle too much and did four guesses. But half-right, wrong and oh boy are you wrong. You were right about it being related to thumbs up, but the answer was just thumb. No extra points for you. Also, four guesses and four punches... Don't worry, I promise it won't hurt... probably," he replied, moving fast and doing three successive light punches before gearing up for a large punch and releasing it.

" So onward to the next riddle. I have two legs, but they only touch the ground while I'm at rest. What am I?" He asked.

@Cromartous

"Mason Moretti. I work for the United Universes. We're the closest thing the multiverse has to an overall governing body. Of course, most universes aren't aware of the overall multiverse, and that's okay. We just let them be. For those at are, we try to keep the peace and provide aid where we can. If your world is that desperate for resources, Maria, then I wish I could help it. This sounds like the kind of situation that the UU would get involved in. I can't make any promises though. Right now, we need to survive the Cell Games and get back to our home worlds. And multiverse travel is tricky. I can't just 'set a course for Maria's Earth' and arrive there. All I can do is let my boss know about your world. If it happens to be stumbled upon in the future, then maybe we can work on repairing a broken world."
"It's not all bad anymore, though. We have since not long ago clean water in the Wasteland. It's been two centuries since we had this. A clean source of water, no radiation, no filth. I have to thank my father for that. He and other created Project Purity. It gave the Capital Wasteland the means of obtaining their own source of clean water. But we're still far from having trully a safe place to life. If you can get us help, that would be appriciated. Though as I said to Armstrong, it would be best for us to be able to produce goods on our own. And yes, we should survive this first. But while we're here, can you explain about the multiverse?" Maria answered to Mason.

"I'd be glad to help you with some sword practice, Asuha. Though we might have bigger concerns on our hands."

Mason's expression was very dark and somber. He kept his eyes pointed towards the ground, away from the gruesome, bloody mess Specter Knight had made of Eliza.

dotpict_20180517_064558-png.3170

"I didn't want it to turn into this. Of course we couldn't have a friendly competition. Of course I say, 'hey, let's not kill each other' and people start killing. It's unavoidable, isn't it? Somebody always has to die."

dotpict_20180517_064610-png.3171

Mason materialized a sword of his own and used the blunt side to hold Fuuran back. His voice was cold. It held the same cadence as when he got angry at Maria during their fight, but lacked the same energy. "Cell gave us the rules. He said we could kill each other, and this is why."

"We can worry about the dead after the end of the tournament. There might be a way to get them back. We don't need to add to their numbers. I know it's tragic, but it's what we have to deal with."

"Asuha, Eliza won't be able to join us in the audience. Let's hope the same doesn't happen in other fights like Aigis's, Cerin's, or Armstrong's. You might want to keep your eyes shut for a little while longer."

@Raynar Saassin @Crow @Donder172 @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Audience
"Such a waste." Maria commented on Eliza's death

Sandalphon
@Crow @Gummi Bunnies

Sandalphon narrowed his eyes; the closest he could relate to these 'Servants' were the summons he saw Lyria, and in fact... The singularity himself use. Except, unlike summons, these Servants seemed to stick around much longer, and from what he witnessed, could most certainly compete with a Primarch, perhaps even a Supreme Primarch like himself.

With that in mind, he turned to Morded, eager to get back into their sparring match....

Unfortunately, the two never got to spar, which frankly made the Primarch quite mad. For one reason or another, they kept getting denied the opportunity, either because they were called to do something else, or simply could not meet up with each other in time.

When the tournament finally began, Sandalphon was itching for a fight, though... He did take note of the opponent in front of him; evidently, the initial duo decided to split up, for the safety of "Daxter", as the one who was sticking behind was called.

Eyeing his opponent, Jak, Sandalphon spread his wings, poising for a fight, but yet... Chose not to make the first strike, instead, seeming to be waiting for Jak to make the first move.

"Prepare to experience the full power of a Primarch!" He roared, a divine aura flaring around him.

Sandalphon was certainly powering up, preparing to give it his all, but on the other hand, he had taken up a defensive position for than an offensive position. This was the first time in quite a while he had fought an opponent that had some degree of compassion for others, after all..

@dark

Annie Leonhart
@Alex Azure

Annie just nodded, a distant look in her eyes before she headed into Capsule Corp.

For the days leading up to the tournament, Annie was realtively silent, keeping to herself... And only really showing her face to eat, and maybe sleep. The rest of the time, she spent alone... Training for the upcoming battle, it was after all, her mission now... Her purpose, right here, and right now.

Once the tournament began, Annie seemed to cringe a little, realizing her name had been mis-pronounced, but eventually shrugged it off, looking towards the green, humanoid creature she was facing off against, a native to this world. Perhaps this was a good battle to guage just how powerfull the locals here are; there were many things about this world she didn't understand, after all.

zU1aVPg.png

"Give me your best shot." She said indifferently, in response to Piccolo.

Assuming a combat stance, she seemed like she was preparing to land the first hit, but... The more experienced fighter might notice that she was in fact waiting for her opponent to make their first move.

@Raynar Saassin

maxresdefault.jpg

The first reaction from Jak was a frown, and a nod "Hope this turns out for the best, stranger."

He slipped out a large gun in his hands and slipped on a dark mod, a weapon called the Mass Inverter

Daxter with a whoot of confidence cheered for Jak. "Come on Jak, you can do this buddy!"

As soon as Jak was ready, he flipped the gun and the first shot was made. It wasn't like any other gun he's had before as the gun literally freezes the the angel in midair as gravity pulls him up.

Jak didn't wait for the attack to end, however as he followed up with another mod, called the Peacemaker and slammed it in and aimed for the frozen Angel in midgravity.

@York

View attachment 3170

View attachment 3171

CVAFlM6.jpg

"A what?"

WYb4nwH.png

Specter Knight didn't bother looking at the infuriated souls rushing over like petulant children in response to his action. At least, until he heard a weapon be drawn before him, which prompted the crimson reaper to slowly turn his head to cast a look upon Fuuran, Mason and the rest who gathered around Eliza's corpse.

There was no humanity to be found in the masked revenant, and if there is no humanity it's likely there is no remorse.

4275eedffd01ee28191b3025a301ee8c.png

"You will never understand why I claim these souls, so I will not bother justifying anything to children," he said casually, dropping his scythe to the floor. The spectators could see Eliza's fresh blood stained along it's blade. "But I will teach you a lesson."

"All human beings are imbued with the 'will to survive'. It is that human will to survive that motivates you all to eat. To drink, to seek shelter. To fight, to get stronger. To achieve happiness and pleasure, and eradicate fear and despair. It is as much instinct as it is a conscious thought."

"Willpower makes the difference between death and life. Those who have boundless willpower will continue to exist when Judgement comes. Those who do not. . ." the knight hissed and motioned to the corpse. "Perhaps if Eliza fought harder, she would've survived. But she did not have the will to survive. She lived her entire life on top of a high horse, and look at what happens; returned to the dirt.

"All that luxury for nothing. You can consider her an example."

"Hope that you have the will to survive when Judgement comes."

Specter Knight finished his lesson abruptly, picking up his scythe over his shoulder and turning his back on the group, silently waiting for the next opportunity to pass Judgement.

@Crow @Donder172 @Alex Azure @Audience

Specter Knight didn't bother looking at the infuriated souls rushing over like petulant children in response to his action. At least, until he heard a weapon be drawn before him, which prompted the crimson reaper to slowly turn his head to cast a look upon Fuuran, Mason and the rest who gathered around Eliza's corpse.

There was no humanity to be found in the masked revenant, and if there is no humanity it's likely there is no remorse.

"You will never understand why I claim these souls, so I will not bother justifying anything to children," he said casually, dropping his scythe to the floor. The spectators could see Eliza's fresh blood stained along it's blade. "But I will teach you a lesson."

"All human beings are imbued with the 'will to survive'. It is that human will to survive that motivates you all to eat. To drink, to seek shelter. To fight, to get stronger. To achieve happiness and pleasure, and eradicate fear and despair. It is as much instinct as it is a conscious thought."

"Willpower makes the difference between death and life. Those who have boundless willpower will continue to exist when Judgement comes. Those who do not. . ." the knight hissed and motioned to the corpse. "Perhaps if Eliza fought harder, she would've survived. But she did not have the will to survive. She lived her entire life on top of a high horse, and look at what happens; returned to the dirt.

Specter Knight finished his lesson abruptly, picking up his scythe over his shoulder and turning his back on the group, silently waiting for the next opportunity to pass Judgement.

"I will not need your judgement for that. I have already proven more than once that I have the will to survive. If we do fight and you try to kill me, I will greet you the only way we know." Maria said to Specter Knight. The blood didn't affect Maria for a bit. She knew this man, if it was even a person, knew no remorse. No mercy. It's what she has been fighting for a very long time. Should she fight him, she knows she has to do her best from the start to win. Too bad she couldn't take bigger nukes or an ICBM with her.

Upon seeing Aigis' new form, Cole couldn't help but feel let down. He let out a sigh of disappointment. "Not really into the whole shadow thing," he said, shaking his head. "It's not even something I could use anyway. It's over, girl, 'cause..."

Cole discharged the electricity he had been building at Aigis, then turned his attention to her familiar, which was barreling down upon him. Final strike, huh? Cole could see it for what it truly was and felt there was no reason to let this attack make contact. It was time to make clear how futile this had been from the very beginning.

Cole raised his right hand and balled it into a fist. He threw out a wide punch, one that would make contact with Aigis' familiar as it attacked him. When the two forces collided, a distinct noise rang out and Palladion disappeared, leaving Cole unharmed.

"... 'Cause, if you truly were the embodiment of my sins right now, maybe you'd actually be a match for me."

@Minerva
Aigis stumbled back, but braced herself.
Mason almost choked on his Pocky as he watched the fight between Aigis and Gruff-Cole. He used his aura to check what his eyes and ears old him.

"Aigis, did she just... Did Aigis just... What is that? That was a giant spike of power. I feel darkness rising in her soul. It feels like it isn't even Aigis anymore. I can imagine a lot of people powering up through dark emotions. Maybe her opponent, but not Aigis herself."

"And Gruff-Cole... He has some mad power of his own. I can't place where his powers come from. Like Ben and I, I think he's picked up a few tricks of his own from other worlds. He shrugged off Aigis's final strke and managed to kill her apparition. If she doesn't stop now..."

Mason stood up in the stands and called out,

"AIGIS! This isn't you! This fight isn't worth giving up your self, and it's definitely not worth giving up your life!"

"What would Minato think?"

@Raynar Saassin @Crow @Donder172 @Audience

@Minerva @Atomic Knight

64328.jpg

Weapons came out of Aigis, her Gatling gun, rockets, and other things. The cruel smile still on her face. “Are you having as much fun as I am, Cole-San? You're powerful, but power must be used correctly, to bring about a world where only the powerful survive!” She asked tauntingly. She prepared to go all out against him, however, something was said in the audience that changed her.

The smile fell off her face and the yellow drained from her eyes. She retracted the weapons. She just looked... sad, like she was reminiscing on a distant memory.

OIx45W1.png

"Cole-San, I concede. You were a tough opponent. I'm sorry I couldn't go All-Out." She began walking out of the arena. "I'm sorry, Minato..." she whispered.​

View attachment 3170

View attachment 3171

"It's not all bad anymore, though. We have since not long ago clean water in the Wasteland. It's been two centuries since we had this. A clean source of water, no radiation, no filth. I have to thank my father for that. He and other created Project Purity. It gave the Capital Wasteland the means of obtaining their own source of clean water. But we're still far from having trully a safe place to life. If you can get us help, that would be appriciated. Though as I said to Armstrong, it would be best for us to be able to produce goods on our own. And yes, we should survive this first. But while we're here, can you explain about the multiverse?" Maria answered to Mason.

"Such a waste." Maria commented on Eliza's death

"I will not need your judgement for that. I have already proven more than once that I have the will to survive. If we do fight and you try to kill me, I will greet you the only way we know." Maria said to Specter Knight. The blood didn't affect Maria for a bit. She knew this man, if it was even a person, knew no remorse. No mercy. It's what she has been fighting for a very long time. Should she fight him, she knows she has to do her best from the start to win. Too bad she couldn't take bigger nukes or an ICBM with her.

Fuuran turned to Specter Knight as he begins his speech.

She turns behind, noticing Mason raising his weapon to halt her. "Tch. How annoying." With that, she dematerialised hers.

"Back where I come from, I am one of few who stop Judgement as you call it. Maybe the lady over there isn't the best example, but I my job is to those, no matter how much willpower they have, from the dangers of the Irousu. If they truly lack it, I protect them with my own."

Fuuran activates a transformation as she materialises an outfit. As she proceeds, her clenched fists seemed to burn in a literal sense.

uRODV9G.png

"This is Starsuit Flora - a transformation that is the peak of all Hoshimori. The colour of Flora materialises based on the traits of the one utilizing its power, comes in all kinds. Red, in particular, can mean a few things. One of these things, I am told, is boundless willpower, as you put it.

Simply put - Judgement Day will not get me, not your Judgement Day, at least, and I will continue to use its inability to get me to protect those that it can until I fall."

Fuuran turns away as Flora dematerialises back to her regular school-based outfit, then returns to her seat. Looking back at the fights, she comments, "yeah, that's a lot of asses to kick. I'm looking forward to giving them Judgement."

She glares at Specter Knight from the side following this.

@Crow @Donder172 @Alex Azure @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Audience

Purified Pummelgum was ready to finish Pomada off.

"Benjamin Tennyson! You dare humiliate me by turning my brain into chili fries? Ah! Evil me! How did you set yourself free!? It won't matter once I destroy you for what you did, but first..."

Purified Pummelgum laughs in a deep voice.

"I will eliminate her!"

Purified Pummelgum prepares a gigantic Planet Burst attack.

"Die, sinner! Oh, I don't think so!"

The Planet Burst attack was shrinking as popcorn burst from it in all kinds of directions. I don't think the audience was in the mood for it, but it's the thought that counts.

"You fool!"

Purified Pummelgum's other hand was shaking as it reached for the Omnitrix emblem on the belt. Soon, it succeeded as Ben Tennyson's human face was seen once again.

Ben raised Pomada's arm like a wrestler raising his fallen opponent, before carrying her beaten body.

"I'm sorry I almost killed you Pomada, and something tells me that I'm not the only one."

And so he joins the Audience, having a better view of the carnage, and to place Pomada on a seat.

iyL4cjt.jpg

"I know I missed a lot. Mason, think you could give me a recap?"

Sandalpon
@dark

Sandalphon was frozen by the mass inverter for the moment... But, as Jak prepared to hit him with a shot from his weapon, something happened; the Primarch moved!

As if defying the very laws of physics, he spread his wings, letting out a war cry as his blades clashed with the shot coming his way, intending to deflect it.

"Foolish. It'll take much more to defeat the likes of me!" He roared.

Assuming the shots were deflected, he suddenly charged forwards, unleashing a flurry of retaliating strikes with all 5 of his blades, which included the four magical looking ones floating behind him.

It looked like he wasn't going to take it easy, even though he wasn't going for a quick, sweeping finish either.​

View attachment 3177

Jak wasn't going to take the fight easy either as he let off a shot with his Peacemaker, the dark eco blast following the Angel until it hit him.

It gave him enough time to change with a "ROAR!"

Dark Jak was quick on his feet and his sharp nails caught the blades before they hit and the dark eco lightning coming out of him would hopefully use the metal to shock the angel.

@York

Gully was familiar with mirages, and swiftly thwarted Shiori's attack by rolling forwards where her clone used to be. If there was ever a time she was grateful Knolan taught her how to anticipate her opponent. Now that they had some breathing room between them, Gully felt that it wouldn't hurt to have a conversation. After all, what was a good battle without witty banter? Red Monika lived by that trope, or so she said.

"You're not that bad, for an old lady..."

The two were now spread apart, both seemingly as equals. Yet, in the pit of her stomach, Gully felt something wasn't right. What it was, however, she couldn't tell.

wkWdqjB.png

"Old lady? First I'm treated as a kid, then as a grandma. I'm not that old you know. I guess it's my fault for calling you a kid, but..." Shiori sighed as she seemed to take Gully up on the brief pause for their fight, breaking her fighting stance to scratch her head. Rather than being particularly insightful or witty, she tended to just say whatever she felt like saying. "Well guess it doesn't matter much either way. You're not bad either. Really. You train in something? Cause it sure feels like it. Most people don't do well with a surprise attack from behind. Thought I had you there to be honest."

Crossing her arms, Shiori still appeared relaxed at first glance. But it was plain to see that the atmosphere around her still wasn't quite right. Despite the fact she wasn't using any techniques at the moment, it almost felt as though Shiori herself was a sort of heat haze. Her presence was there, yet simultaneously not.

"Well either way, I guess we shouldn't play around too much, but I don't want to seriously hurt you for no reason either. Ah, I don't mean to underestimate you or anything. You're seriously strong. But sometimes, someone else is just stronger."

Finally, the reason for the distortion of the world became clear. Like the times she'd dealt with Specter Knight's skeleton legion and Turles, Shiori materialized a number of her different possibilities. Exceeding the dozens and the hundreds, the threshold of the thousands was crossed as she brought her own selves into this world.

Raining down from the skies like a rain of meteors, the Shioris defied the laws of space to converge onto a single point. Even what would be considered the "original" Shiori joined the assault, dashing towards Gully for another punch of her own. Over a thousand ground shattering punches crashed down upon where Gully currently stood. Shiori refrained from empowering her selves' strikes too much, but such a ridiculous number of strikes would certainly put most anything out of commission.

"This'll hurt, but it ain't gonna kill you. Just sleep peacefully for a little while, okay?"

@Hahli Nuva

wkWdqjB.png

"Old lady? First I'm treated as a kid, then as a grandma. I'm not that old you know. I guess it's my fault for calling you a kid, but..." Shiori sighed as she seemed to take Gully up on the brief pause for their fight, breaking her fighting stance to scratch her head. Rather than being particularly insightful or witty, she tended to just say whatever she felt like saying. "Well guess it doesn't matter much either way. You're not bad either. Really. You train in something? Cause it sure feels like it. Most people don't do well with a surprise attack from behind. Thought I had you there to be honest."

Crossing her arms, Shiori still appeared relaxed at first glance. But it was plain to see that the atmosphere around her still wasn't quite right. Despite the fact she wasn't using any techniques at the moment, it almost felt as though Shiori herself was a sort of heat haze. Her presence was there, yet simultaneously not.

"Well either way, I guess we shouldn't play around too much, but I don't want to seriously hurt you for no reason either. Ah, I don't mean to underestimate you or anything. You're seriously strong. But sometimes, someone else is just stronger."

Finally, the reason for the distortion of the world became clear. Like the times she'd dealt with Specter Knight's skeleton legion and Turles, Shiori materialized a number of her different possibilities. Exceeding the dozens and the hundreds, the threshold of the thousands was crossed as she brought her own selves into this world.

Raining down from the skies like a rain of meteors, the Shioris defied the laws of space to converge onto a single point. Even what would be considered the "original" Shiori joined the assault, dashing towards Gully for another punch of her own. Over a thousand ground shattering punches crashed down upon where Gully currently stood. Shiori refrained from empowering her selves' strikes too much, but such a ridiculous number of strikes would certainly put most anything out of commission.

"This'll hurt, but it ain't gonna kill you. Just sleep peacefully for a little while, okay?"

@Hahli Nuva

Gully had silently been gathering energy, preparing herself for a moment like this. While she had faced impossible odds before, this was almost too overbearing for the child of Aramus.

But Gully didn't get here by being cautious or careful. She was a Battle Chaser, and had beaten demonsand monsters ten times her size into submission with ease. Her durability was unmatched, her pure stregnth and toughness a testament to the power of her magics.

When Shiori launched her next attack, Gully thought for sure that everything was over. But her fears were in vain.

As soon as Shiori's punches touched her skin, the poor girl was batered on all sides, beaten like a ragdoll. Truly, one could say that the Goddess had gone overboard, and for a second, it seemed that Gully was down. The final blow blew a crater in the middle of the arena so large that there wasn't any doubt that her move had hit its full potential.

That is, until from the crater, a huge explosion of energy erupted forth. Shiori would possibly be pushed back a bit by the sheer force, and in the crater stood a young girl with magic weapons glowing red like the depths of Hades. Shakily, the girl rose to her full height. Beaten, brusied, but not yet done.

a3aa7b216cd7ede39bd2d553b1615841.jpg

"RRRRRRAAAAAAGGGGHHHH!!!! I'M NOT FINISHED YET!!"

A mighty roar was heard as Aramus daughter rose, blood dripping down her face. Her glare was enough to give Satan himself cold shivers. Her voice took a cold, hard edge to it. It seemed Gully had stopped playing around.

"That's a nice trick. But if you think that was going to put me down you're sorely mistaken! I'm just gettting started!"

With those words, Enraged Gully charged forwards like a bullet, arm cocked back until she reached Shiori's personal space and launched a blow that if connected, should send a resounding BOOM throughout the planet.the very world would shake and even people all over would feel the power eminating from Gully.

If she hadn't been introduced to the power mortals could possess, Shiori was about to experience it firsthand. Gully clearly wasn't going down easily, and as a matter of fact, it looked like the real battle had just begun...

Last edited:
Cerin Cornine
Cerin took a look over to see how he was propelling against him and that was the honest truth. He looked over at him and had to smirk. " You do know that the term yield is not just a term for Shakespeare, correct?"
"Oh, I know what yield means, jackass" Cole snapped, his eyes to serpentine slits "Who hasn't done grade 10 English? It was a joke...Jesus" Cole knew that he wasn't perfect, but at least he wasn't as condescending as the gunman. Cracking wise was one thing, but men who couldn't fight with their fists were always the first to attack with their words.
Cerin Cornine

He asked, ignoring his gut instinct for now to not keep talking and he didn't need to play a mind trick right now. There was a reason he hadn't done it in a while, it had gotten pointless once he realized what he was doing. He took a look and rolled out of the way. What did he expect? Him to summon a wind shield? It would have been so easy to do that and exhaust himself. " Cole, you got to think smart. Thinking smart would be realizing that there is more than one way for a person to dodge an attack, I imagined that you haven't yet, but neither have I," he said, looking over at the ice that Cole had made and shot at it. When it fell, he would grab it and hurl it at Cole's position. If he could dodge that somehow, he would be met with a slug to the face. " Suit hides more than you think."
The bullet collided with Cole's ice gauntlets, sending a splintering crack right down the center and fragments of ice into the air around him. He watched them linger in the air for a few seconds, suspended in the wave of slush that had followed his first strike. For a man who liked to talk tough, Cerin had missed something. For a man who possessed 4 eyes not one moment ago, he had missed something. The elements, like all cogs in the universal machine, worked together in tangent and harmony, with each universal force helping the other. Just like the winds could fan flames, water and thunder also sang their own duet. It was a simple science that Cole had seen in the field hundreds of times- water and electricity could make quite a... productive pair.

Bullets could break through ice as if it were a wafer, and if Cerin had revealed anything during their fight, it was that he loved to waste bullets. Relying on ice would have been stupid of Cole, hence why he had used his remaining charge to trigger a melting and thawing cycle, hence the wave of sea spray that had followed his attack. All the ammunition in the world couldn't stop the wave that had followed his failed strike; bullets could only create the tiniest of parts in it. It probably hadn't even dawned on Cerin to so much try to deflect the spiral of slush; he had undoubtedly spent that valuable time monologuing about Cole's perceived stupidity, or where he would find his next tailor or something of the sort. Cerin, in his own ignorance, had even reached out to throw the shield back at him. He was almost asking to complete the current.

"You know what, wise guy? You the predictable one" Cole muttered, watching the spray seep deep into his opponent's blazer, right down to his shirt and skin. With another spark in his eye, Cole broke the dam, releasing the last stocks of his lightning, letting it run free again like the horses at the Darby. There was no use in holding back now. He had to give it all he had. Everything had built up to this final onslaught- it was done or die. He had exhausted almost every resource he had to set it up- his moisture and slush behind his ice shield, the dampness of the fog and the rain from the storm had each played they're simply rolls in his final number. Cerin was drenched, and he was about to light him up like a Christmas tree. "You know what they say" Cole screamed, grabbing his foes oncoming attack his an arm strengthed by a dozen stormed. He let the lighting lock both other their arms in place, their tending sent into lockdowns by 200 wats. He smiled- Kuo had always lectured him on how to only took 10 milliamperes to lock down someone's hand, but he wanted Cerin's last laugh to be heard from miles around. Time to make him scream. "People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones..."

With a primal warcry, Cole cut loose for the final time, flooding both men's bodies with every last scrap of power he had and more. He stole it from everywhere he could- local phones, the news team's equipment, even some from Cerin's natural current and sent it home. Wats became Killowats. Killowats approached Gigawatts, their power dancing through and magnified by the energy rippling off of the rainwater exploding at their feet. There was no holding back. Light flooded from every cell of his body, engulfing the arena in blue. Freezing the water in place, and turning Cerin's precious suit into a rigid mess, only returning to mobility when the water boiled and combusted under the intense power.

"Ya shoulda kept your eyes open, man" Cole screamed over the sounds of the puddles at their feet bursting into light "Shoulda spent less time watching your clones and more time watching your back. Thanks for putting both bodies in the same place! Like to see you try pulling two bodies apart under this pull! Even with all your tricks, I'd give you a minute before your brain is nothin' but corn cheese. 'Yield' while you can still spell 'Smart'"
Void Stiles

Void Stiles had to admit that he had been being a bit smug. It was funny that fighting him was going better then he had expected. Actually, it was going more then better. It was going great. He had expected him to be a fight that he was going to enjoy and relish when he got the riddle wrong. It was something else to say that he was hoping that it wouldn't take him too long to overcomplicate the riddle and get his next two guesses.

Void Stiles had to NOT roll his eyes when he had called him alright. It was one thing that the Nogitsune hated about humans. They were all about being together and working together which was stupid on so many levels. He hadn't care that he was being sarcastic and smug, but he doubted that he had earned the man's respect. And even if he had, he was about to lose it in about three seconds with everything that he had happen to him. It was one thing to pretend that everything was fine, but it was another to not slowly lose his mind.

Void Stiles had been pressing the buttons long enough to know that he had hit it thoroughly out of the park. If there was two things that every human hated in his life, it was making fun of their alma matter and to insult their mothers. It was so easy to laugh, but he decided that he was going to be smart about this. He knew that he couldn't make him hate him more if he had tried. Of course, it would be so easy to pretend that he was interested and to make him look like a fool. But he had decided a long time ago that he wasn't about to do that. Of course he had been so good at school. He wouldn't have been surprised that he had broken by the second. Of course, he had to gloat about America. He already knew that he was going to answer his own riddle. It was just like a man of his caliber to do just that and he was getting mad at him. Men did stupid things when they were angry. He had learned that from his encounter with the true Stiles and his friends. The mad one got, the easier it was to see ones weakness and what they valued. It was kind of funny that a smart man was falling for his fox tricks. Tricks that he had used to manipulate teenagers. Tricks that should for all purpose not be working. Of course, he remembered the deal, but he had a way around it if he was half-right. He had to chuckle a bit now though.

The nogitsune waited for him to answer and he would tell him if he was right or wrong and he was disappointed. " You overthought the riddle too much and did four guesses. But half-right, wrong and oh boy are you wrong. You were right about it being related to thumbs up, but the answer was just thumb. No extra points for you. Also, four guesses and four punches... Don't worry, I promise it won't hurt... probably," he replied, moving fast and doing three successive light punches before gearing up for a large punch and releasing it.

" So onward to the next riddle. I have two legs, but they only touch the ground while I'm at rest. What am I?" He asked.

@Cromartous
"Oh no you don't!" Armstrong cried, his voice dripping with the oils of fury. Turning his skin to steel to preempt the sucker punches, Steven could only hold his arms together and preempt the attack, almost cringing to the sound of Stile's firsts shaking him to his bones. He saw the attack coming. It didn't break him. But it taught him a valuable lesson; the kid could back up his bite. He would have been foolish to let the kid hit him with his guard done, which he would have done, had Stiles not proven himself to be a slimy, limey cheating bag of city scum. He drank up the energy in response, and lowered his arms, refusing to return his skin to its normal tone "You good-for-nothing fucking toe-bag!" Armstrong bellowed, cracking his knuckles in a futile attempt to release his boiling rage. Every time the system had cheated him- every misplaced decimal, every rejected application, every missed goal- game rushing back in a wave of terror like he had never felt before. The kid was really starting to piss. Him. Off. "Now listen close, you snot-nosed, dickless brat. I said the word 'Thumb'. You hear me? I SAID THE FUCKING WORD!! Now you can take your technicalities and shove them up you wet asshole because I was GODDAM RIGHT. No halves measures. No escape clauses. Read. My. Fucking. Lips. I. Was. Correct. I can spell it out for you, dickwad. I. Was. Right. Beyond that, I was right on my SECOND GODDAM GUESS. Guess 1 was a smile. Guess two was thumbs up. Guess three was fucking hats in the air. 3. El Trio. Got bandages in your ear? TEE-ACHE-ARR-E-E. THREE. Even if I was COMPLETELY OFF- which I'll say again, I WASN'T- you'd still only get 3 hits in on me, fuck face! Cheat me again and whichever Sharman you backward inbred freaks worship will have to try to treat your wounds by scraping parts off of the walls, YOU HEAR ME? And don't even THINK about lecturing a Texas on wheelbarrows. I'm a farm town man, Einstine! I've seen more than enough Wheelbarrows in my lifetime to know you're talking about a godforsaken wheelbarrow!!!!!" Forget Cole's storms, Armstrong's spit was the real torrential rain of the tournament...

@Mobile Post

Cerin Cornine

Cerin had a feeling he knew what yield meant, but he knew that he was going to not be able to do it. He rolled his eyes and hadn't been paying attention and that would be his downfall. It was kind of funny that his downfall would be his ego, but it was fitting. He wondered if he got his sociopathic nature from his mother, but you know, it didn't matter if he was a fool.

The bullet had collided with the ice gauntlet and he quickly realized what he had missed just a minute too late. Just a second too late. It was funny that timing was everything when it came to things like this. It was like a business deal in some ways. You never knew what you were going to get after the deal was made. You never knew who your ally was and who your foe was also. Of course, Cerin had exhausted all of his tricks. There was nothing left for him to do, there was no way around this was his final curtain call. Water and thunder together made things go for better to worse. It was funny that things were going to end in a song of electric and water as there was one thing he knew about his birth. He had been born during one of the worst lightning storms ever seen.

He should have been more cautious in his strategy, he should have been more careful in everything that he did. He knew that he had a ton of bullets to use, but he shouldn't have used so many of them at once. You know, he had to laugh, he had lost his first match and even through the fact that he was about to become toast, he couldn't help but dwell on the fact that he got nothing from his all powerful mother. You would think for a woman who took over 3,001 years to kill ( the reason to this day, still unknown to him on how she lived that long) would pass some powers down to her son, but he hadn't gotten a single one. Not one. He knew that she was supposed to be some sort of daughter of a god, but whoever his grandfather was didn't seem to care about him enough to even get a sampling of what his powers could be. Not even a small sampling.

Cerin didn't have a witty comeback to that one. He didn't have one once he realized his suit was drenched and that he had nothing to dry himself with. Yes, he could burn himself up, but that would most likely kill him. Well, at least he knew one thing about where he was going. At least he knew that when he lost he was going to Hades. There had never been a doubt in his head that his mother was either Greek or Roman. After all, his father had made him memorize the entire Greek and Roman mythology like the back of his hand before he had died of his own magical ignorance. He hadn't even had time to get a teacher to learn his elements, he had to learn on his own. For all he knew, he was a grandson of Aphrodite, the son of a man who could control the four base elements and someone with Greek/Roman roots. It was impossible to tell which since the Romans stole most of what the Greeks made and changed it to their liking. He had never figured out which side he was from, nor did he know what pantheon his brothers were from. Had the Greek mythology been for when he met his brothers or for himself? Where did that leave the Roman roots? And lastly, but mostly important, why the fuck had his father shown the history of a separate branch of angels more hidden, dark angels was what he had called him.

It was funny that his final thoughts were on the mysteries left in his life instead of what was happening right in front of him. Well, at least he wasn't... wait, a minute. How did he know someone else had died? That was weird. He had been fighting Cole since the start, so he hadn't exactly been paying to the other matches. How the fuck could have he had known that someone had died? He hadn't even listened for screams. Huh- maybe it was just a fluke that he knew that, but there was something off about it. He looked down at his suit and sighed, knowing that he was dead. Well, it wasn't like he could argue with that. Unbeknownst to Cerin, anyone who could detect aura would notice Cerin's aura was changing to seem to be a mix of that a god, an angel and a mortal. What a strange combination to say the least.

" I... don't yield," he said, before it looked like he would fall over, but ti would be impossible to tell if he had, since there was a bright light surrounding where he had been standing. A light so goddamn bright that it filled the whole stadium. Mason would be able to recognize it as an.... aura change? Meanwhile Cerin was very confused. He should have been dead, literally, he should have been dead, but he wasn't. It was almost like someone dying had triggered something. When the light finally died, Cerin Cornine stood there... alive.

" ….." Cerin stared and looked around to see a P with a line under it with a small appendix that wrote Grandson. Oh and he had dark wings come out of his suit. Cerin Cornine was a grandson of Pluto.... and a dark angel. And he was not dead. " Well then....." he said, staring at Cole. " That was unexpected."

@Cromartous @Alex Azure

Void Stiles

Void Stiles had been expecting him to get pissed. He had expected it. It was a good thing he had super strength because otherwise steel would have made the bones shatter on this form. Of course, it could have been a whole lot worse too it would seem too. He knew that he would see the attack coming and he knew that he was going to make him hate him, but he had learned that men like him needed to be taught a lesson in modesty. It was technically a wrong answer and that was the truth of the matter. He looked over at him and smirked, looking at the senator having a meltdown and that was something he enjoyed. Chaos, pain and strife. The raging was just fueling him even more and he knew that he was going to find just the right buttons to push that would make him angrier too.

He knew that he was probably something that he hated, being cheated of everything that was happening to him as it would seem too. He looked over at him and took a deep breath and decided to make him even more ticked off. "
No, you said the word thumbs which is not mutually exclusive and then added the word up. So, in context, there is a difference between me showing you a thumb and a thumbs up, it is the difference between a dog pile and a dog. You wouldn't put the two in the same camp. You were NOT right if you extended it out. If you just said thumb, it would be right. As you continued guessing, it also means that you had no fate in it. And as you said to finish it, there are no answers to this. A fourth guess... no answers. Also, look at that, you got the next word on your third guess. The answer was wheelbarrow, singular. So, that should be two punches and I will be nice and be gentle," he replied, attempting to do two gentle punches to him that still had a lot of power behind it. He looked over at him and knew that he was going to hate him for that, but if he was going to keep up the thumb versus thumbs up, he would also have to argue wheelbarrows against wheelbarrow. It was only fair, even if it was crooked. The nogitsune after either successfully or unsuccessfully hitting Armstrong would lean back on the tree. " Now onward to riddle three. Green but not a lizard, white without being snow, and bearded without being a man. I'm sorry you can figure it out Texas."

@Cromartous

Lumine would let Mordred get close, and once she swung her sword, he would attempt to move out of the way to grab her by the arm and throw her over his shoulder into the floor with a grunt.

@Gummi Bunnies
Oh! So that was what he was up to with this? That moment of surprise for Mordred became one of brief annoyance. Being thrown around like this made her feel the need to go low for the next blow. So as the knight was being thrown over Lumine's shoulder, Mordred made sure to return a firm and rough kick to his back as she was in the air. Moments after, she fell to the ground with a heavy thud, especially with her armor. Though, she managed to reach for Clarent, using the sword to help herself up.

tumblr_inline_ow16ak4FY61s4qpfd_100.jpg

❝ Tch... guess I need to really go all out. ❞ Mordred groaned in dismay, considering that she had to show off a little of what she could do in the first match. It didn't mean that she would use her Noble Phantasm here, she rather save that for a later match, and it would eat up a lot of mana in one go. She didn't even know if she could use that attack without using up all the mana that's keeping her anchored to this place. Clutching the sword's hilt tightly, Mordred let the blade exert a large amount of red energy, making Clarent appear more of an extended blade made out of magic.

Even if she made sure to make space between herself and Lumine, the knight abruptly swung the accursed Clarent at her opponent, the modified length making it possible to reach Lumine without actually being close.

@Takumi

Just as the two axes would collide, Kintoki sprinted over to grab a hold of his thrown axe at the last second, charging in more electricity from the weapon.

❝ Golden... TYPHOOOOON!! The Berserker exclaimed once he swung the charged up axe towards the direction of Kratos and his thrown axe. Just a single swing, and then an electrifying torrent raged on to its target in the form of a twister!

@Donder172

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back