Sleep Paralysis & More

Dan

tuwéni ★
Forum Moderator: Bulletin Board
Benefactor
Recently in January, I've almost had a second episode of sleep paralysis but happen to wake myself up faster than I had the first time. My first time was frightening as I experienced it. The first episode was when I fell asleep on my left side, my bedroom lights were still on though, and I fell asleep in five minutes (If I remember correctly).

Anyway, it was like pitch black, couldn't see a thing in front of me. There was someone whispering in my ear really fast, have you ever rewound a cassette tape and it made that squeaky noise(?) I don't know how to describe it, but it was really quick whispers. The even scarier part, in my opinion, was when the voice whispering was my own voice. I tried calling out for my mom but my lips couldn't move. I tried getting up and couldn't move my limbs either. After the whispers got so loud to the point it was all I heard, I finally woke up. And guess what, this happened all under five minutes when it felt like an eternity.

Has anyone here ever experienced sleep paralysis? Also has anyone ever experienced a bad dream, to the point where you woke up crying? That's only happened to me once and I still can't forget it. What other bad dreams/sleep paralysis episodes were memorable? Or something you'd wish you could forget?

oh, my friend has had a similar experience! I think it gets better over time so don't worry :)
and yes, I have had many, many bad dreams where I have woken up crying. its normal though :)

Reactions: Dan
oh, my friend has had a similar experience! I think it gets better over time so don't worry :)
and yes, I have had many, many bad dreams where I have woken up crying. its normal though :)
I have many dreamless nights now. Kinda wish I could just have dreams lol.
Ah, hopefully it does, but I'm kind of a insomniac :emoji_sweat_smile:

I have many dreamless nights now. Kinda wish I could just have dreams lol.
Ah, hopefully it does, but I'm kind of a insomniac :emoji_sweat_smile:
sameeee I rarely have any dreams at all recently which is kind of bittersweet. when I do dream though they are often very bizarre!

sameeee I rarely have any dreams at all recently which is kind of bittersweet. when I do dream though they are often very bizarre!
What kind of bizarre dreams did you have recently? Whenever I have dreams, they're always about people I don't know/can't meet in real life lol.

Aye, I had a case of sleep paralysis once. Lucky for me, it was only once...but I was terrified to the point where I thought I would never wake up. It was just a normal night. I didn't have a dream. But then I woke up, but not a single part of my body would move. It was cold, like being stuck in a winter wonderland in the middle of the night. I happened to be turned on my back, so I saw my entire room. But what I saw was...me, but at the same time, it felt like another person. This other being had a knife in its hand. Now I'm one of those people who has that insane, evil darkness in the back in my mind. When it comes out, I'm terrified. I become sadistic, and want to hurt others just for pleasure. I want to hurt myself. I become everyone's worst nightmare. That was the being I saw. It didn't speak to me, but I could tell what it wanted. It wanted me gone. It wanted control. It wanted the entire world to be a bonfire. It slowly approached me, and right as it was at the edge of the bed, it started laughing. Then it spoke one word, and one word only. "Soon..." I woke up after that. That was the most horrifying experience I ever had.

I've had plenty of cases, most nights my nightmares scare me awake. I once fell asleep for two minutes and in those two minutes I had a dream of falling down the stairs it shook me so bad I woke up because my body Jerked as though I had actually fallen.

I've never had sleep paralysis before by my boyfriend and my sister has. It truly sounds scary and I hope it doesn't happen again to you!

Also about the bad dream, yes I have but in was very young when it happened. I remember in my dream there was a school fair going on that I missed. And when I showed up, it was destroyed like tents and stuff was on fire. As I was walking through the rubble, I looked down and saw a man. He was half melted into the ground, like his lower half was completely gone. He looked up at me, his face was half gone. He yells out "Help me!" In an extremely distorted voice.
I was so terrified that I immediately woke up in tears and ran out my room. It felt so real at the time. But I was also like 7 or 8 when I had that dream so I was just a babby.

Back