Smugglers Cove (Love2write and Silence)

"None for now." Killian returned her smirk and then fell silent. They were getting close to the place and he didn't want to attract the wrong crowd. Holding one fist up he waited for her to stop beside him. Without saying anything he just stood and waited. Eventually the figured advanced from the shadows .

"Oh I see you have a new one Killian Gazeer." It was a face that he didn't know. "You know how much I like to see change." Sighing the man nodded to the docks. "See these boxes here? I want you to get it to the capital. Business like usual there won't be any questions and I expect you won't get caught." Shuffling over to one box he tapped on it. "These aren't what I'd call delicate, but I'd advise you not to throw them around eh?"

Killian nodded. "Aye. What about the buyer and my cut?"

A gradual smirk came to the man's face. "Always about the money."

"If I had the luxury of not having to worry about it, I wouldn't be doing this."

"Hmmm. True very true." Nodding the man handed Killian a small piece of paper. "I've got it all written down there. If you take the boxes I'll expect that you accepted the offer." Toddling off the man barely got more than a few feet and his guards joined him at his side.

Killian read over the small note and nodded. "Alright I'll send you back to the ship to get the crew to move down to the 18th bay."

"Well you don't want to stay here. I already confirmed that. Only place for you to go is to the ship and if they don't show up I know what to do with you." Killian shrugged. Running little errands wasn't always safe and he figured that she would be wanting to get it done fast.

The crew stared at Star when she returned. They all had a smirk on their faces. "Oh I'll bet he did send you. All by your lonesome." Mike nodded and continued. "Think of how excited you'll be when he lets you start loading the merchandise." A sarcastic smile spread across his face. "Now little missy you get to walk all the way back. Remember we don't do anything with you till the captain decides he likes you." None of them really had time to watch her and they weren't about to give her free reign of the ship. So far she was only staying with Killian and that meant he had avoided many sections of the ship.

When the ship arrived at the port Killian started to load the boxes. "You bring her back with you?" Really wasn't terribly surprising that she had been sent walking. He would have done the same. "Well we'll see how far we get with the loading before she gets back." Grabbing the first one Killian started to walk up the ramp with the first box.

Star kicks at a stray dog as she wanders around the port trying to figure out where the heck Killian had gone or how the heck to get to this bay 18. Go here...go there...what was she, their errand boy!? Pissed her off. Think how excited you'll be when he let's you start loading the merchandise! Piss-heads. They were just a means to an end.

She grumbled to herself, walking by a group of sketchy looking individuals. They study her more intently than she would have liked and she drops her head, hurrying by. Star changed her hair and make-up on a regular basis but that was no guarantee someone, somewhere wouldn't recognize her. She turns down an empty hallway that pointed to the docking bays. Footsteps approach from behind and quicken their pace as she quickens hers.
Shit.

Star pauses, bending over as if tying her shoe. The first person comes into view, their boots stopping just inches away. A heavy hand lands on her shoulder. She grabs the hand, spins and twists, breaking her attacker's arm with a swift move. He screams and falls back. His companions approach, a hungry look in their eyes. The first one strikes out at her with a heavy fist. She ducks and lands one in his ribs. The attack barely phases him. He smacks her hard across the jaw and she drops to the ground, rolling out of the way. Jumping back up to her feet she grabs a small black pouch out of one of her cargo pant pockets. Her hand reaches out of the back and she pulls back her fist. He charges and is met with a face full of pepper dust. He cries out, rubbing his face and eyes, peddling away from the offensive substance.

The third had circled around and grabbed her from behind. She throws back her head, but he anticipates the attack, his head angled safely away. Star yells angerly, kicking her feet as he held her around her waist. She kicks down, hitting his shins hard with her heels. She stumbles, losing his grip on her flailing form. She attempts to run but he grabs her arm. He pulls her to him, grabs a fistful of her hair and throws her against the wall. Pinning her.

"Stop sniveling and check her!" The man pinning her orders the man with the broken arm. His companion approaches and runs a scanner over her face, taking a sample of her hair and adding it to the scanner's identity checker. Her fingers crawl carefully down her leg to the pocketknife in her left cargo pant pocket.
The scanner beeps. "Just as I thought." He smirks. "Anne Starla Lane. 100,000 cred bounty." He whistles. "Someone doesn't like you. You'll bring me a pretty penny."

Star spits in his face. "Never gonna happen." She opens the knife and jabs it into his armpit. He yells in pain and fury, throwing her aside and clutching at the wound. She jumps to her feet, her nose bleeding and face bruised, but alive and veins pumping with adrenaline. She sprints off towards bay 18, leaving the three would-be bounty hunters in the dust.

Last edited:
They were almost done loading the ship when Killian spotted the girl. She looked like she'd been through a small skirmish. That also meant they would have to hurry. "Alright guys double time." Picking one box up he squatted just enough that one of the other members could put a second one on top of the box he was carrying. After 2 more trips he nodded to the crew. "Lets lock her up and get moving."

Once they were all to their regular stations he looked Star over. "Somebody hit you good." Rubbing the side of his head he frowned. "Well c'mon." Killian turned at the second door in the corridor. It was probably the widest door in the ship. At least in regards to leading into a room. Inside there was a moderate collection of medical equipment. "Take this and shove it under your nose." Handing her a wad of tissue he then started to dig through the drawers. "Cream...Cream...I know its in there." Growling he opened the next drawer. "Come out wherever you are, you little bastard." Talking to himself had always been a good pastime. Though it appeared that his crew did most of the work Killian had his own set of things that he took care of. Some of that was the medical on board the ship.

He was far from having his license as a physician. Still out of the entire crew he had the most experience treating wounds so he doubled up as the ship's doctor too. Putting a dab of cream on his finger he rubbed it gently over the bruise. "Should help. Maybe..." Shoving the tube back into the drawer he continued. "Every once in a great while a shiner will resist treatment. I don't know why so don't ask."

Turning toward her, he gave a little motion with his hand. "Alright you can get out of here unless there' s something else wrong with you. Then depending...Well there are some things I just don't do." Killian walked out the door behind her. "You got two options. Sit in my cabin with me or I can lock you up in the cell again." It sounded bad when he put it that way. Frowning he thought for a moment. Actually it sounded very bad with the whole combination of everything he just said. "I'm just doing some little projections...Charts....Things uh....You know what you don't get a choice. I think the cell might be better."

"I'm not going back to that cell, and you sure as hell aren't locking me in your quarters. I did nothing wrong. Was just minding my own business when punks thought they'd try and mug me. I taught 'em a lesson. Trust me, they are much worse off." Star pulls the tissue from her nose and stands up. "Besides, it was you and your crew who sent me running around the station by myself." She threw arm to the side to make a point. "If anyone should be locking themselves up for bad form...its you."

Last edited:
Dumbfounded he stared at the woman. Who was she to talk to him like that? "Well you have to stay with me and I want to do some reading someplace besides this lousy cargo bay." As for bad form he shifted his weight from one leg to the other and then growled. "You think bad form after you snuck onto my ship, tried to hijack it, then threatened to kill me. I'm not taking lessons or suggestions at this time. Thank you!"

Heading back toward his room he forgot her standing there. "Well you got to come with long enough for me to grab the books and then we'll go sit in the kitchen." That was likely going to be the best place since she was throwing a fit and for good reason.

"Fine by me." She relaxes slightly and follows him to his quarters then to kitchen where she immediately began making herself at home. She snoops through every drawer and cupboard that there was to snoop through, pulling out various ingredients and utensils. Not once did she look at him...as if ignoring him was her way of punishing him for whatever reason. Within a few minutes, the smell of a food wafted through the air as she begins to stir-fry what she'd found.

It was clear she knew her way around ship rations. Few knew enough about cooking to serve up a decent meal with the sort of dried/flash frozen food most ships traveled with. A few minutes later she sits across from him and begins to eat what looked like a mix of peas, noodles and pre-packaged beef.

She picks up one of his books off the pile, flipping through it as she ate.

Killian peered over his book from time to time. He noticed that the lady was putting something together for a meal. They just ate a while back. Pulling the book back up he tried to be sure that it wasn't obvious he was distracted. Still the smell started to waft about the room and he sighed. Flipping the page he did his best to focus on what he was reading. Re-reading the paragraph nearly five times he settled with turning the page again because he wasn't really reading with all the distraction. He was too proud to admit that her cooking made him a little hungry.

Pretending to read the next page he still caught himself just gazing straight at the same line for several moments. Finally he had to revert to tracing along the bottom of the sentence with a finger so that he could somewhat keep track. Then Star had to grab one of the books. "Hey!"

Star couldn't even seem to appreciate the book, she was moving far too fast. "Why don't you just put it back on the pile and eat." Taking a deep breath he shifted in his seat to put his back to her and then thought better of it. Frowning some he sunk in his seat and put his left leg up on the chair across from him. "I've got a nice little room for you to stay in. Just mind that when you go in for the night it'll be locked till I come to let you out in the morning. Just till we can trust you." Killian purposefully kept his eyes on the book while he talked at Star. That food just smelled so good.

She smirks at him, spinning the noodles on her fork and eating them with a pleased smile. A silent moment passes then Star gets up and returns to the kitchen. A few seconds later she return with what was left of the meal and pushes it towards Killian. "Homemade meal in exchange for not being locked in my room." She barters playfully.

There wasn't technically anything wrong with her eating like that. Still it was irritating to Killian because she grinned at him like she knew he wanting a taste of it. Peering down at his book he ignored the fact that she was going to get seconds and just irritate him further. Raising the book further he leaned back in the chair as he came into the room again. That was until he heard the bowl grind along the table top.

It looked very appetizing and he wanted to eat it. Still there had to be some kind of deal. Putting the book aside he listened to her little plan. "Uh..." Peering down at the food and then back at her he almost had to cringe. "Fine I won't lock you in."

What he planned to do would still keep her in the room though. Tomorrow night he would lock her in her room.

"Not tonight, or tomorrow night or any night...ever." She clarifies, watching his expression closely, tapping the rim of his bowl with a finger that hadn't been bruised in her fight. "Else I'll never cook for you again." Star smirks, knowing the moment he tasted it, there was no going back. She enjoyed teasing this Captain. He had a mixture of brutality and compassion. He talked a good game, and she had no doubt he'd kill when he needed too (else his crew wouldn't follow him) but he had spared her, despite her attempts at robbing his vessel. He'd even allowed her to join the crew. Did that make him stupid, naive or something more? She wasn't sure yet.

Killian's eyes narrowed slightly. She knew this game too. "Well that's a pretty big deal for one measly little dish." Pushing the bowl back toward the woman he picked the book up. "Something more than that one dish would be a little more tempting." If they were going to play a game of trades he could maybe get something out of this and he fully intended to. Cooking was something he found detestable and anything he prepared wasn't any better.

Sounded like she was ready to make another kind of bargain so he set the book down and looked at her. "Make this a lot better sounding. I hate to waste my time."

"Start treating me like an actual crew member, and I'll take on the role of cook. Everyday, 7 days a weeks. I'll even take on the responsibility of shopping for ingredients when we stock up on supplies." Star barters, then holds up a hand before he could speak. "Now, I understand that you can't trust me right away. I get that...totally. But treat me like a crew member on probation and not a criminal...like locking me in a cell or in my room for whatever reason. You got a problem with something I'm doing...tell me about it. I'll listen...probably." She shrugs with a smirk. "You respect me...I'll respect you. Deal?"

This deal was getting even harder to turn down. Killian had thought he could get her to give him a little more wiggle room since he didn't think she would offer to cook for the whole crew. He wouldn't have taken a deal where it was only good for him. Putting everyone at risk just for his guts wouldn't have been logical or right. Star had bypassed that whole process. "We...." The woman held her hand up and he let out a long breath.

Even as she was talking he could still smell the food and he caught his eyes drifting down toward it. "Well then probationary crew member it is but, I will have the alarm set so I get a notification if you leave your room at night." Every door had them. "I got a problem with people sneaking around in the ship when I don't know them." Taking another deep breath he tried to breath through his mouth so he wouldn't smell the food and make it any harder on himself if she didn't like his offer.

Star shrugs, seeming to be ok with that arrangement. "Fine by be." She licks her fork clean, sticks it in his bowl and pushes it the rest of the way towards him. "Enjoy." She smiles and stands, stretching out her limbs. "So can I explore now then, Captain?"

The agreement was all too easy. Killian felt like he had a fairly good deal. All the crew knew that it would eventually come around to her joining the crew. Trying to remain cool and level headed he carefully put his book on the pile of other books and picked the fork up. Before he could even start the meal she had started into her little pushing of buttons. "No!" Almost yelling he looked up at her. She was part of the crew and he had to remember that. "Not without the official tour from the captain anyway. That's so you know where the crew is allowed." This time he was far more calm in his voice.

(I like the dynamic of these two thus far XD)

"You really are sensitive about your ship, huh?" Star smirks, crossing her arms, a hip sticking out to the side. The emphatic no had caught her offguard somewhat, but she wasn't about to let it show. "Well, c'mon then." She waves at him. "You can eat while you walk, can't you?" She was pushing it, and she knew it. But, she had to know where and how much this Captain was willing to bend. Especially for a pretty face. When the time came, knowing those boundaries very well could save her life.

(Yeah me to. She pushes buttons for fun I think.)

Settling further into the seat he gave her a scowl. "Every captain is." Any captain he knew of had been accused of being a control freak and perhaps it was just part of the job. It was best to know which parts of the ship your crew was in and what they did. Smuggling made it especially touchy at times. Twisting a few noodles around the fork he brought it up to his mouth and then she had to mention walking and showing the ship at the same time. "Nope, we're sitting right here till I'm done." Walking and eating wouldn't really allow for him to properly do the tour with her. "Standard procedure. I eat then I resume business." Eating was its own little ritual and that was mainly because he loved his food and he wanted to enjoy it.

Killian did his best to try and hold back his usual hum sound when he ate. It was too good and the involuntary "mmm" started with almost every bite. When he finished Killian got up with his dish and took it to the sink in the kitchen. "There now we can start the tour." First he walked through the galley door of the kitchen to another little hall. "Where most of the crew stays. Including your room." Pushing a door open he let her peer inside. "That's your room."

Star had made no effort to hide her teasing smile as he enjoyed her cooking. Yup, she had him hooked. Then the tour started. He began to explain the different areas of the ship then showed her the room she'd be staying in. "Hmm, small. But I've seen worse." She shrugs and steps back, allowing him to shut the door. "I don't have to share...right? I'm not the roommate type."

Back