Soul Eater AU

AmatsuOtaku

Professional fanboy
This is an AU to allow OCs and a new storyline. It still takes place with the original canon characters in the canon timeline, just with characters added and a different story. Crona has recently enrolled in the academy, for reference of the general time period this takes place in. Following the canon story even remotely from here on out is optional.

Sorry I couldn't come up with a more creative title.

Add OCs here.
There will be a flexible storyline (aka we do whatever the heck we want without following the canon).
One person can play multiple characters. Any character not specifically assigned to anyone can still be played by anybody when they need to make an appearance.

My characters are my OCs Shiko, Aki-nyan, and Opal. I will also play Maka or Kid if needed, though I'm afraid I may not do them justice. I'd appreciate if Kid was played by somebody else because of relationship reasons (Kid and Shiko should start out as rivals. Shiko and Black Star will also be rivals/friends. Other character relationships depend on who plays them or what happens).

To add notes or extra information, please write it in parenthesis ( ) during or after your characters' lines.

I will begin the story soon.

Last edited:
This will be done in script format ("name: speech" and "name: action")

RP start

Setting: A normal day at the DWMA. Class has just begun, class Crescent Moon.
(I'm not going to specify a teacher, because their class' teacher changes so often. It will be written simply as "teacher" until specific characters are needed.)

Teacher: "Before we begin class, I should probably tell you that we're getting a new student. They should be here soon."

(Edit: New student is Shiko. At this point she is just joining the academy. Few people should recognize her, but once they hear her title/family name they'll know who she is. Because ofc everybody knows the devil princess xD)

Last edited:
Dan and Ethan are whispering to eachother as they are sitting together

Dan: Ooo, new meet
Ethan: Meet as in... meat?..
Dan: Yeah!
Ethan: One, I’m not reading this, I’m hearing this. Two, no one would get it or laugh, I only do cause you’re my best mate
Dan: Well... I think it’s funny

Dan smiles to himself as Ethan shakes his head and looks back to the front to look at the teacher before nudging Dan’s arm begining to whisper again

Ethan: Oi, bets about the new student. Winner gets some money from the other
Dan: seriously? Already? I’m already broke from all the bets last year
Ethan: Better guess right this time then!
Dan: Ugh fine, I bet they will be a boy
Ethan: Interesting, interesting, why you say that?
Dan: Aren’t there more boys in the world then girls?.. just thought I might have a higher chance at wining
Ethan: Huh, fairs. I’ll go with girl then

Teacher: Alright, now for attendance... goes down the list marking people present or absent Does anybody know where Black Star is? I swear, he's been late more times than I can count.
Maka: whispers to Tsubaki What's he doing now?
Tsubaki: Well, you know how he is with new students...
Maka: sigh Not this again.

Meanwhile at the front of the school, someone approaches the entrance. They're alone. Of course, it's the new student.

Ethan and Dan over hear Maka and Tsubaki’s conversation and turn to eachother to talk about it bit then notice a Figure at the door. They whisper with ergency in there voice while they Try to get a good look at the person at the door

Dan: Can you see?! Boy or girl?!
Ethan: Not yet! Give it a minute. Could always be a trap, we dunno!

Teacher: Oh, that must be them. You're late, you know..
Maka: Please tell me Black Star isn't going to make a big deal about this again.
Tsubaki: Knowing him, I wouldn't count on that...
Soul: He did attack Kid on his first day.

(I like to think she just comes strolling in with a beat up Black Star trailing behind her still yelling insults after an attempt to attack her goes very poorly xD)

Black Star is following closely behind her, though hearing the teacher he signs knowning he could get told off too. He has some bumps and bruises and kinda tries to start hiden behind the new student hoping all attention will be on her and people won’t notice Or ask about his lateness or condition

Dan puts his head on the table and growns knowing he has lost the bet

Ethan: Yes! Pay up
Dan: ok ok, I will wh- is that Black Star behind the new girl?

Teacher: Alright, get in here. I won't make you introduce yourself right now because class has already started. You can take a seat.. hmm... over there, in front of Kid.
New student: Nods and silently goes to sit down. She pulls out a sketchbook with a hand-drawn cover... one that, as Kid should notice, is a perfectly symmetrical (vertically and horizontally) geometric pattern. It looks as if it must have taken hours to draw, and the lines are perfectly straight, meaning a ruler must have been used to do it.
Teacher: Oh, Black Star. You're late again. What's your excuse this time?

Kid does notice the book and has a slight moment in his head thinking about how happy it makes him to see it. Without thinking about how the new student would feel about it he leans over and takes it from her to get a closer look

Kid: Such perfect symmetry

Black Star: Well... you see, I was just asking the new girl if she wanted a signature, because I knew she would be too embarrassed to ask. Didn’t end to well... but that’s only because I didn’t have breakfast! So! Yeah! Also offered my presence to some other new kids.. can I sit down now?
(Sorry if I any personality wrong or storythat you want here wrong. I feel like I might be messing up so XD)

(No that was perfect, that actually made me laugh lol)

New student: surprised, looks up to see Kid Huh? ... smirks Well hello there~ You must be Lord Death's son. (In a joking tone) You do know that's my sketchbook, right? It's not very nice to take things without asking..

Teacher: sigh Yes you may go sit down. Do not be late to my class again, understood? If you're late again I'm sending you straight to Lord Death and you'll have to explain why you're always missing class.

Kid is distracted for a while. Basically drooling over the symmetry

Kid: Hm?.. oh right. Well I was just taking a look. He passes it back you gonna tell me who you are now you have told me who I am?

Black Star: Yeah yeah, you got it. He walks away to his chair before whispering to himself yeah that’s likely

New student: quietly laughs Yes well I guess I should introduce myself. My name's Shiko. No last name.

(First of all, I should say that Shiko's name literally translates to "death child" or "child of death". Obviously she's not part of Death's family but her mother's name is Shi-sama, so the translation changes to "child of Shi".
Now, Shiko's family is pretty well known as basically the evil version of the Grim Reapers. And of course, people at the DWMA know who Princess Shiko is. Because she's literally Satan's daughter. It's kind of the same thing as Kid enrolling in his father's school, except a LOT of people hate Shiko's parents and pretty much nobody trusts a Devil.
She says "no last name" because well she kind of got disowned for being too nice xD she is from an evil family after all)
(Edit: But ofc she looks way too innocent to be a jerk like her parents lol)

Shiko: Um.. yeah. It is. nervously twisting her hair, drawing a slight bit more attention to two small horns poking out of the top of the thick wavy (and bright reddish-orange, a color often associated with the Devil family) mess
(They're barely noticeable at first but once you see them they're pretty obvious)
(She's also not going to admit she's a Devil outright so unless they figure it out she's keeping her mouth shut xD)

Kid: Huh... he notices horns releasing she is probably who he thinks she could be. But this doesn’t stop him getting a ruler out to check if her horns her in line and the same height

(They are lol)
Shiko: ofc she thinks this is a little weird but she's heard about Kid's obsession with symmetry so she doesn't really question it

Kid: They... They are perfect

He whispers to himself. But Ethan sitting behind him and to the side a bit could see what he was doing and decided to question it while laugh a bit as he spoke

Ethan: Dude... What are you doing the the new girls hair?

Kid wasn’t sure how much Shiko wanted people to know who she really was and didn’t want to throw her under the bus. And from Ethan had said he assumed he didn’t see the horns

Kid: I’m checking is her hair parting is straight and symmetrical, unlike yours you unsymmetrical lowlife

Ethan pretends to gasps like he is offended but really isn’t. Even though he Isn’t too upset he does turn back to the front with his arms crossed and mumbles to himself

Ethan: Idiot..

Shiko chuckles and mouths "thank you" to Kid before turning back around and pretty much pretending to pay attention to the teacher while absently doodling in her sketchbook

(sorry for the really short reply lol)

(it’s cool!)

Dan was surprised, Ethan never really took notes, but was today. Though it was clear he was putting too much pressure on his pen so maybe he was trying to hide the fact he was annoyed about something?.. Dan took his notes as normal though as he didn’t wanna get Ethan in trouble for talking as he would always get blamed so would probably ask after class

Timeskip to the end of class/the school day
(Shiko hasn't met Crona yet and when she does.. Well good luck is all I'm gonna say xD)

Shiko ended up falling asleep towards the end of class because she always stays up late soul hunting, and it's hard work without a meister partner.

Back