Space Exploration RP

Yoda

Grand Master of the Jedi Order
The Explorer:

Shooting through the vastness of space, 2.723 million light years from the planet Earth the Explorer, a intergalactic exploration craft, prepares to enter the uncharted Triangulum Galaxy. The Explorer left the Milky Way Galaxy 50 years ago with a crew of five fearless explorers and a dream to discover the unseen. As the Explorer entered the new galaxy the ship's computer stated the procedures to slow down the ship and awaken the crew from their 50 year slumber. Here is where our story begins, on a ship traveling into an unknown galaxy after 50 years of dreamless sleep.

Last edited:
Raven - Cryo Chamber

“Begin awakening procedures. Please remain still and inside the pod while the computer insures you sustained no damage during light speed.” A robotic voice told Raven as she reentered the world of the living. We are here, Raven thought to herself as the scanner finished. “Crewmember Raven your body is in normal parameters please stand by for release,” the robotic voice explained opening the cryo pod doors. Raven climbed out of the coffin sized pod and took her first steps in the Triangulum Galaxy.

Raven looked around at her fellow crew mates who all seemed to be exciting their pods in a little bit worse shape. Since the others had organic bodies the computer had injected them with various drugs to strengthen and awaken their bodies. The computer didn’t always inject organics after cryo sleep, but since the journey had been the longest ever recorded they had agreed to play it safe and not risk someone breaking something just as they arrived in the new galaxy. Raven did her own functionality check before breaking the silence in the cryo champer, “ladies and gentlemen welcome to Triangulum Galaxy.”

Sebastian - Cryo Chamber

Sebastian slowly pops out from the pod which he had chosen for the trip. Sebastian groaned as his head was somewhat lightheaded from the trip from all the drugs that were pumped in his body, though he required less of these chemicals as his heart was able to withstand and normalize. Well that was something, Sebastian thought, as this was his first time in getting drugs injected due to a trip in the cryo chamber. He gently rubs his forehead as he leans unto his cryo pod, looking at others. Aliens and humans is what he saw, mostly.
When he heard the voice of Raven he would soon turn his head towards her, seeing that she was the one to break the silence. It never stops amazing him how it is possible to transfer consciousness to a robotic body, which just seems virtually flawless. He sighs as he thought about a bit. Maybe he would make his way to make his own functionality checks. He sighs and did his thing and got his functions checked. When these were done he would approach Raven, seeing that they both work in the engineering bay, though sure, they were stationed at different sections of the bay and both were tasked with the upkeep of different machinery. ((Or, because no one else has replied and I would prefer to play this safe as this is the first rp I am part of in this forum.)) ''So. Raven, was it?'' He decided to start as he looked at her head, carefully looking at the detailed metal and its elegance. Despite all of this one question was bothering him. ''Right. why exactly did you need to be in a cryo pod, aswell?'' He decided ask, as he was unsure about what was the reason for that.

Aidver - Cryo Chamber

As the computer played it's message in it's robotic voice Aiden stirred and opened his eyes, wondering for a second where he was. Listening to the message he quickly realized that they must've arrived at their destination. The computer declared that he was in good shape and opened the cryo pod doors, letting him carefully crawl out. His limbs felt weak and he had a hard time balancing on his long scrawny legs. He held onto the pod to try and stabilize himself as blood started flowing back normally throughout his body. He groaned in discomfort at the familiar prickling in his legs and arms and shook them a little to try and speed up the process. When he felt a little better he dared to straighten up a bit and gaze around the room. The others were also slowly waking up and climbing wearily out of their pods.

Aidver stretched and jawned, making several of his joints crack and then rubbed at his eyes.
"So uhm... where are we exactly?" he asked groggily, not talking to anyone in particular. He felt how dry his mouth was as he talked for the first time in 50 years and he rolled his tongue with distaste.

Last edited:
Goro woke up as he heard thr voice call out to him "how along has it been" he ask while exiting his Pod for the first time over 50 years. "Dang i missed it" he said to himself just as he started to jump around in the area he was in "so how are you guys" he ask the others before walking around of the room and onto the rest of the ship. "Where's the Jetter machine" he called back to the others while searching the ship for the Machines.

Last edited:
Raven - Cryo Chamber

"I didn't have to but what was I supposed to do? Wander around the ship alone for 50 plus years? Just because I have a machine body doesn't mean I don't get bored and lonely," Raven answered Sebastian with a smile. "Well we should probably head to the command room and make sure everything is working correctly." Raven explained to the group leading the way out of the cryo chamber.

After a short walk through the tight hallways of the Explorer the group arrived in the command room. Walking over to a computer Raven started to check over the ship, "She held up like a beauty," Raven explained to no one in particular. After verifying that everything was safe Raven established a wireless link with the ship's main computer and stepped away from the console. "Well I guess we should take a look at this new galaxy," with that the blast shields covering the windows retraced. For the first time ever Raven saw the Triangulum Galaxy with her own eyes.

"Dang well time to change" he said to himself as he place his Power Brace on his wrist "Chouriki Henshin!" he calles out as a ball of light appear around him and soon he was fully tranform. "OH Red" Goro called out while placing his hand up into the sky "woah this is so cool" he called out while jumping and doing flips in the air "better head back" he told himself before walking back to the Bridge till he saw the quarters and walk into that deck. "Ok lets see" Goro thought himself as he sat down on a bunk and pulled out his King Blaster.

Last edited:
Aidver nodded and quickly stretched again before joining the group on it's way to the command room. As Raven walked over to see how the ship had held up Aidver took to another part of the controls to check where they were on the map. He let his hand scroll over the see through screen and pulled up the big map over the galaxy. A little red dot showed where the ship was.
"So, were right at the age of the Galaxy and pulling onto the nearest star" he concluded, having another brief look around at the other stars nearby before lifting his gaze to look out the window.

The big swirling plate of stars laid outstretched in front of them with big red dots of gas clouds. It was the first time he had laid eyes on the new galaxy and he whistled softly in astonishment.
"She's a beauty" he mumbled, smiling.

"Lets see" Chojin said while he layed down and pulled out his Battle Stick and started to swing it around "i name this....um...Red...Tornado yeah Red Tornado i like that" he said while stopping in place and looked up. "Power Down" he called out as Chojin changed back to him human form "woah that was awesome" he told himself before he walk to the door and headed back to the others

Raven - command room

"Well we all have some preparation to do before we can go and explore our first world," Raven explained, "I am going to go to the hangar and get the shuttle and rover ready. If anyone needs me I will be down there" With that Raven left the control room for the hanger.

Arriving in the hanger Raven wint right to work on preparing the shuttle. Other than the shuttle being out of fuel it was ready to fly. The rovers were in similar condition. After refilling thee rovers Raven drove one of them into the shuttle. As Raven finished preparing the shuttle and rover the Explorer entered into the gravitational pull of the first habitable world in their path.

Goro ran into the hanger and called out to Raven "hey Buddy i just wanted to know" "where are the Motorcycle's are at?" he ask while coming closer to her.

Sebastian - Cryo Chamber/Command Room/Engineering Bay

He nods to what Raven had said, following her.''Well. You still could have just... shut down, I guess? I just find it strange that you decided to 'sleep' in a cryopod when you could have had many different options.'' He said as they walked through the room.

Then they soon entered the command room. There he looked upon the star system and the vast galaxy, nodding to what others said. ''Indeed, it is quite beautiful looking. I wonder what new elements we will find that we need to add to our current list of elements.'' He said, looking at the holographic image that was currently shown.

He nods to what others talked about within the command room soon after. He begun to walk out of the Command room and towards the engineering bay, thinking that he could stay behind at the ship to check upon if its systems are working. As he reached there he noticed his worktable near the shield generator. He smiled as he made his way there, looking at the numerous tools he has there, including the somewhat dusty and inactive floating probe-droids of his. He looks at them, smiling. Then he walks over to one of them, turning it on as the small rotating engine on its bottom and sides activated, with the singular camera's eye-looking sensor activating and showing dim red light. It was one of the three droids of his; a droid made for scanning and doing minor repairs. The miniature droid was of simple somewhat dull-looking grey steel of the size and shape of a watermelon. He then grabs hold of a control of the droid with a simple Search and repair -code activated and the Droid then happily buzzed on its way to go through the numerous sections in the shield generator to check its integrity and fix any starting malfunctioning or possible damages on the system's numerous pipes, wires, chips, and other things.

While he was running diagnostics on the shields he ponders: Maybe he could check who will be the ones that will go exploring the nearest planet. If he is needed, then he could be part of the team. He puts the Droid on a cautious scanning mode as he set course to the hangar to ask few questions from Raven. (I decided to end it like this as I do not plan on having him walk in right when Raven and Goro meet.)

Raven - Hanger

Raven had just finished loading the rover into the shuttle when Goro approached her to ask his question. "We didn't bring any motorcycles. Did you not get a mission brief before you went to sleep?" Although on the outside Raven looked normal, under her emotionless face she was annoyed. Everyone should have known exactly what was put on the ship, down to the amount of water, and the fact that this crew member had either not done his research or had just forgotten annoyed Raven, it was times like this Raven could relate with her Ascended ancestors. Putting on a fake smile Raven explained why they had not bought motorcycles. "We didn't bring motorcycles because they are too unreliable and won't provide any protection on planets with weak atmospheres or that have freak environmental dangers. They are cool and all, but space is limited, so we opted for a more reliable vehicle that was built for space exploration."

"Maybe we and i mean you can make a few tweets for the ship to make it into a let's see a giant robot" he ask before taking a seat on a chair "and i have my Power Brace to help me" Chojin explain while he took out a crystal from his Power Brace "this will help us" he said before he walk over to Raven and handed her the crystal

Castor - Hanger

A heavily armed man walks towards the brown haired man and the robotic woman who were talking. "Hey" He greets them warmly. He turns to Goro "Maybe you can have one of the techies make you a hover cycle or something" He suggest with a smile.

Castor then turns to the robotic woman with an easy smile "Raven right?" He enquires "I'm Lieutenant Kemm Of planet Dromund I remember you before we got turned to icicles you're one of the people leading the expedition right? A lot of people are still dealing with cryo sickness me included so can you just refresh me. We're going on surface to get initial readings about the planet's habitability and resources right"

He looks her in the eye "Also I know you're probably under orders to search the planet as the first thing you do when we wake but everybody's not really on their hundred percent right now" He then looks her over "I guess it's just one of those wacky we just got defrosted I feel sick organic things." He jokes then continuous seriously "Which isn't to say we shouldn't go now just that people are pretty likely to make mistakes right now."

He then looks down "It's probably something you've accounted for already but I must voice my concern even if it's unfounded. I hope you don't hold it against me too much."

Raven - Hanger

"Why would I want to turn the ship into a robot?" Raven asked as Goro gave her the bracelet. "I do not understand the importance of this," Raven explained returning Goro's bracelet.

Raven turned and faced the new comer, who seemed offly armed for just hanging out on the Explorer, "don't give him any ideas." The fact that she had to deal with two humans with relatively the same annoying questions made Raven wonder if they had lost some brain cells during the trip from the Milky Way. "We don't have a leader, were all just explorers hoping to make the next big discovery." Raven explained before continuing to Castor's next question, "go take a nap if you need to. Some of us are good with a 50 year one and want to get to work as quickly as possible." Raven explained.

Raven realized she probably sounded quite harsh, but she couldn't deal with more waiting when a new world was waiting for them just over the horizon. "You can ask the others if they want to rest before going, but I am pretty sure they are all gona say the same thing. I respect you for thinking about the crew's welfare, but I want to put my feet on an alien world today not tomorrow."

Castor - Hanger

Castor listens attentively at the woman "My mistake it's just you seem so confident and sharp-witted when you woke up I must have been mistaken. I mean someone like that just seems like someone responsible for a lot on this ship."

He then bows his head "About the cryo thing I guess I was underestimating the wanderlust and desire of the crew to explore new worlds that was foolish of me" Castor then lift his head to face her "I'm still dealing with some slight atrophy but I'm sure it'll fix itself by the time we re-enter and I'm sure anyone who's feeling well enough will join the expedition"

Castor peer at the shuttle, he didn't really know the make or the model but he could tell it was still being prepped. Waiting for other crew members he leans against some boxes with his arms folded. He watches Raven expertly look over the shuttle "So Raven can I call you Raven?" He asks "You done this before. You just seem to be going pretty quickly on these pre-flight test. Were you a pilot or something. Not trying to be rude just trying to get a general idea of who I'm probably going to be traveling with for a while"

He then turns towards Goro with an easy smile "And you, hmm I want to say weapons engineer, wait no vehicle engineer you look pretty smart. So how close was I to the mark?" He looks at him expectantly.

Raven - Hanger

"I guess I have just spent too much time working on military vessels, where it's either be efficient or die slacking," Raven explained as she checked over the ship's propulsion system. Humans need for small talk both annoyed Raven and fascinated her, because the Ascended didn't have to make small talk in order to find information about someone else all they had to do was connect with them and download their profile. "Raven is the only name I have, so ya you can use it. I wouldn't say I am a pilot, I've just been the head of engineering on ships twice the size of the explorer, knowing how ships work is pretty much part of me know. I am also pretty good at finding the right people for jobs that I can't completely or am not the best at, for instance I have very little understanding of your life support systems, since the Ascended do not require such systems, that is why I got them to recruit Sebastian." Raven said turning from the shuttle to face Castor. "Honestly this crew is stacked with the some of the greatest beings in the Milky Way and the only thing that can stop us from exploring this galaxy will be a super powerful random phenomena of nature and hell," Raven smiled as she attempted humor.

Castor - Hanger

Holy hell he was getting somewhere. Castor thought Raven would be a tougher nut to crack but he was actually getting somewhere.

Castor smirks "Of course. Millions of miles away in an unexplored galaxy nobody knows anything about nooo waaayy at all those things can happen" Chuckling he says "Seriously though what if we find one huh. A hell phenomenon seems like something you only see in movies though I doubt an army of hell can stand a chance against mass lasers."

Castor looks thoughtful "Still though can you believe it. We're here now... The Triangulum galaxy I mean who knows what could be out there. I really don't know why my superiors sent me to this expedition but I'm glad to hear this crew's the best of the best" He glances a little at Goro when he says that though.

"What's the initial scan of the planet by the way. I'm assuming the atmosphere is breathable I can't seem to find all my equipment in the storage room and I left my survival gear in a different box. I assume there isn't any particles that could harm us fragile organic hmm? Honestly though I kinda rushed getting to the hanger cause I though you were already leaving plus I didn't know what to bring so I just brought my standard kit."

Sebastian - Hanger

While the trip did take a while for him to reach the hanger, he still succeeded in it. He arrived there, gazing and witnessing the Rover. As he saw the duo, Raven and a newcomer, he approached the two other members of the crew, waving his hand as he approached to gain their attention.
After walking for a while through the Hanger he arrived to them, looking at the man. "So. A new face, huh? Pleasure to meet you. Name is Sebastian Ayden. I work at the shield generator."He said, bowing his head to him. He then looks at Raven. "Listen, mind if I ask from you that do you happen to know which of our crew will be getting on this wonderful land vehicle," He paused, motioning at the land rover. "And get to explore the surface of the very first world to explore here? I would like to be part of the crew going down, if there is any need for someone of my skills." He said, gently smiling.

Back