Stahlhiem: College of Magic (Rebooted!) IC

Coro-Dueling hall
Using simons momentum against him coro grabs one of his arms Throwing him briefly into the air and slamming him down onto his back. Coro looks down at him a little worried. "Owch... sorry are you alright.. didn't mean to slam you that hard..."

Simon - Dueling hall

Simon hadn't planned on going forward so much. The fact that Coro ran forward to meet him threw him off even more. The death mage slammed onto the floor but he spun on his legs to stand back up to his fighter's stance "You really should be worrying about yourself." He smirked, "Plus I got a few trick ups my sleeve." And as he said that small claws started to dig and bite into Coro's legs.

Coro- Dueling hall

Coro gave simon a puzzled look. "what do you mean i should worry about myself?" Coro then felt the Rat bite and claw at her legs yelping in surprise coro quickly takes off her robe and grabs the rats tail throwing it over to her little dragon that was watching on the side of the little arena. The small rat trys to run away but the small dragon quickly catches it and devours it in a few bites.

Simon - Dueling hall

Simon closed his eyes as his distraction worked. As Coro tried to catch her a pair of skeletal hands grabbed her from behind and threw her down to her stomach. When the wolf girl fell the undead creature jumped on top of her back with one arm across her neck. "S-say Uncle" Simon said with his eyes till closed and deep in concentration

Coro -Dueling hall

Coro was quite surprised when she was thrown to the floor and the skeleton pining her. Coro starts to giggle. "I am clearly no match for the great wizard simon and his bag of tricks and thus i must the cursed words of... uncle"

Simon - Dueling Hall

Simon opened his eyes and the skeleton disappeared "Fine Fine" He says "I know it was lame but it was the first thing that came to mind." He walked over to her and offered a hand "You're going to have to play for real some day. I really wish you'd start playing a bit more serious so that we'd actually improve but hey it beats having nobody to spar with."

Coro- Dueling hall

Coro grabs his hand pulling herself up. "Yea maybe one day its just... I don't want to hurt you. I know you say that you will be fine and everything but all it takes is a mistake on my part for you to seriously get hurt I couldn't handle that you mean to much to me" Just thinking about the possible outcome of losing her control and hurting simon sends her on the verge of tears.

Simon - Dueling Hall

"Yeah I get it I'm one of a kind right." Simon said with a grin "Let's go get dinner I'm kinda excited to meet the newbies." He then turned to go to the dining hall.

Coro- Dueling hall

Coro chuckles at simons remark. "You certainly are one of a kind" Coro picks up hagen and hugs the small dragon and carry's it to the dining hall. "I just hope none of them are like Thal... stupid human."

Alavin Fernir - Dining Hall

Alavin had expected the carriage ride to take long enough for him to do some reading. As it turned out, it had taken long enough for him to do rather a lot of reading. Having finished the study he wanted to do by halfway through his trip, he'd taken to meeting the carriage's other passengers. Alavin liked collecting acquaintances. It was an Alavin thing as much as a summoner thing. People were, simply put, interesting. Especially in a place like this. There were countless stories to hear. So he'd introduced himself and made nice with the others in his carriage, switching to Commune to speak with the nervous Britannian and trading a few key phrases of Verdant with the Wastelander for some basic knowledge of Waster speech. It was an interesting time for him for certain. A Verdantkin speaking with a Wastelander? It was practically unheard of. But Alavin was, as always, intrigued. And hungry for knowledge, he turned on his most charming smile until the Wastelander was sure he wasn't going to try and murder her and her family and actually managed to learn something about their culture. It was certainly a change of pace.

It didn't take long for everyone to transfer from their carriages into the grand dining hall. Alavin looked around the room with a grin. He'd eaten in communal halls before, but coming from a melting pot of a city, any time he found himself in a room this grand, he had usually been sent there to charm old benefactors into funding the school's most recent development. This turn of events didn't disturb him too much. He'd been aiming for Stahlhiem since he started summoning. Oh, there were teachers in the Verdanthome, but where Alavin had come from, he'd been lucky to get a summoning teacher at all. He'd known he would surpass Master Ikeri sooner rather than later, and Stahlhiem was the only place with a true magical culture that Alavin could truly immerse himself into. If he'd given the teachers a push into agreeing Stahlhiem was the best place for him, then was that really a bad thing?

Spotting the other first years, not hard when they all looked about to wet themselves-from nerves or excitement, either one-he made his way over and glanced around the older groups. There was a sea of faces, of all races, all ages, and all power levels, from the staff to the students. All languages tripped across the room, echoing in his ears, and students were doing everything from yelling to reading, to stuffing their face with chicken and firing bolts of energy at a friend three tables away. He gave it three months before he had a name, school, and background for every face he was seeing. The first years were as good a place to start as any. He took a seat next to a large bird-like creature-presumably a beastman. Taking a piece of bread with his long fingers, he grinned at the boy feeling the girl's wings. She didn't look the most comfortable. He laughed lightly as he took a bite of the bread. "I take it you are both new as well?"

Last edited:
Elise Carstaires von Kleine - Dining hall
harpy_by_zephyravirgox-d7sec3b.png
It wasn't long before one of the other pupils decided to settle down next to her, which she was okay with, but she couldn't help but be a little freaked out by them running their hands through her wing. "I uh.. Don't know." She stated simply, her mind going slightly blank as she resisted the urge to simply move away for pull her wing away, then, before she knew it, a second person sat down too. "I am, yes." She said to the second person, regarding both him and the one stroking her feathers carefully, still quite unsure how to react. Elise wasn't exactly used to having people touch and didn't know the correct protocol, so she simply allowed it to happen. "Ermm.. What are your names?" She asked in a quiet and small voice "I am Elise." She introduced, wondering if she should have done that first and deciding that she should've.

Alavin Fernir - Dining Hall

Alavin hid his small smile at Elise's obvious discomfort in his soup. He would normally opt for a handshake at this point but given Elise's lack of hands, he decided to smile instead. "It's lovely to meet you, Elise. I'm Alavin."
He glanced around Elise at the man running his fingers through her feathers. "And I am sure this gentleman is equally as interested in your name as he is in your beautiful plumage. What school are you?" he asked, filling his plate as he made smalltalk, careful not to scare Elise with too much attention. Alavin would say she was getting more than enough of that from her other side. He was wondering if he could offer her food. It was obvious she didn’t eat like the rest of them and he suspected that was why she wasn’t. With so much excellent food in front of them he could hardly think of another reason someone would be sitting by without stuffing their faces. It had been a long carriage ride. However, there was every chance she was nervous or embarrassed, and she may not even be able to get at the the food she wanted without hands, so Alavin merely pondered the conundrum rather than bringing it up and potentially embarrassing her while he waited for the other two to speak.

Last edited:
Valdric Anders - Dining Hall

"Hmm? Oh sorry!" Valdric quickly lets go of Elise's feathers as his face turned red. "I'm uh...sorry I guess, I mean again! I used to live in Teirland myself and I have never seen a Beastman like yourself before." He explained. "So umm...yeah. So where are you from? Teirland is were most beastmen end up after their escape. Were you born in the Empire?"

Elise Carstaires Von Kleine - Dining hall
"No... Someplace else, but I'd rather not talk about it." The tall bird woman mumbled, looking somewhat worried before trying to change the subject. "Uh.. How's the food? It looks delicious. The chefs here must be very good to be able to feed so many." She spoke light-heartedly, her voice shaking slightly and becoming audible in her words. "Hello Alavin, I am in the school of wind, I think.." she smiled, her pale face gaining a tint of pink at the mention of her 'beautiful plumage', she felt like curling up in her feathers like she usually did when stricken with strange emotions or feelings, such as when she was sick or cold. She felt thirsty, and noted a small cup on the table before her with a small amount of the clear liquid known as water contained within. Rather than asking for help, she simply lowed her head and picked the cup up in her mouth, raising it until the cold, refreshing beverage rolled down her throat, spilling some slightly around in doing so, but feeling rather proud at having managed the task before returning it back down onto the table, her frozen eyes bright as they looked around, having calmed her nerves slightly.

Valdric Anders - Dining Hall

Valdric was taken aback a bit by Elise's....unique way of drinking. His curiosity extended to how she was able to survive within modern day society without any sort of appendages. "Yeah...I heard a couple of the Chefs here are Nug Chef Priests. My dad tells me that there's no better chef better then a Nug Priest apparently. Anyways that's a ....clever way of drinking. No offence, but...do you want any help with eating or drinking before you...you know...make too big of a mess?" He asks, and his stomach turned as he knew how offensive his question was.

Alavin - Dining Hall

Again, Alavin hid his smile. Well that took care of the issue of propriety. Placing a forkful of rice into his mouth, Alavin turned and grinned at the boy next to Elise, watching idly to see how it played out. Elise certainly would have to be somewhat self-sufficient. He bet she had quite a few interesting ways around certain issues such as these. He found himself more intrigued.
"The chefs certainly are talented," he agreed. He gestured over the vast array of food on the table. "And enthusiastic, if this display is anything to go by. I highly recommend the riceballs. Would either of you care for some?"
He shot his grin at the pair, and waited to see how this would play out.

Last edited:
Simon - Dining Hall

Simon and Coro arrived in the dining hall as the new students were midway into their meal. His eyes darted across the room until they came upon a shy looking bird girl, An enthusiastic looking verdant man and for lack of other words a really creepy looking borderman. He sauntered over to their group and greeted them "Well isn't this rare"
Simon said as he sat across their table

"I prefer the roast beef myself but the fried rice balls are as you'd expect from a Nug Priest Heavenly. Not many people really know about such fine foods so I assume you must be a man of great taste." He told the pale Verdant with an easy smile.

Elise Carataires Von Kleine
"Ah.. I see.." The tall yet slim woman mumbled, sinking back into her own feathers. "I.. Apologise. I am not acclimated to the way of life here." She explained, disheartened and slightly embarrassed at her own mistake "I may require assistance at times." She whispered to the small group that had now gathered around the once empty table. "Eh.. Rice.. isn't my type of food." She continued "Meat would be prefered.. or bugs, I'm not a picky eater." She said with complete normality, her ice-blue eye gazing down over each of their faces with her wings still tightly wrapped around herself. "I've never eaten 'roast beef', and what is rare? I thought.. Beastmen were common here?" Elise asked, reluctant to speak the name of her own race thanks to poor situations in the past. "I.. eh.. Would like another glass of water please, my throat is rather dry if you would be so kind.." she whispered, attempting to unsuccessfully keep up a gentle smile as a minor case of fear clasped her mind

Last edited:
Simon - Dining Hall

Simon looked confused at the girl "Oh I didn't mean you I meant about him." He gestured to the Verdant "Not a lot of people fully understand the cuisine here and I appreciate a cultured man."

Simon the mage with a gray heavy robe raised an eyebrow "But I have to admit you do interest me slightly." He looked her up and down with an easy smile then spoke "I've seen very few girls with blue eyes before and your jacket if I may say looks ravishing with your snow white hair. May I ask did you make that jacket yourself? That inky black color looks striking in the candle light."

coro- Dining Hall

Coro followed simon along over to the first year table but stayed silent the entire time unsure of what to say so she tried to make herself as small as possible while hugging hagen for comfort.

Back