Stahlhiem: College of Magic (Rebooted!) IC

Simon - College

After hours of training, Some burnt hair from a fire mage that got to close and dozens of tiny bite marks from a rogue skeletal rat the sun starts to set and Simon slumps himself to the cafeteria picking at some cuts as he goes. He has a hearty meal of lunch of lamb chops, steamed vegetable and some buttered gravy filled mash potatoes. Content with his meal Simon walks towards the dorm he was assigned with a slight smile on his face. His smile is replaced by confusion however when he sees a girl with wolf ears he's never seem before in his room"Uh" Simon's words stumble "Wait I know you" A look realization hits him "You're my roommate right nice to meet new people" He extends his hand with a genuine smile.

Parpar + Tashunka - Town

Tashunka didn't understand what Parpar said to the merchant, but when he explained how he would now have flavor Tashunka guessed it had to do with the food at the college. "Do you have a special name for that spice? What types of food did you eat before coming to the college, it must have been pretty good." Tashunka asked as the entered the armoury.

"Here I believe they are known as Annomom, Heart Clove, Issiric, and Blister Root. They are essential for good food, and apparently the Nug cooks they found here are unaware of that. Let me tell you, you haven't lived until you have eaten Blister Root Honied Snake." Parpar rolled his snake-like eyes, looking around the weaponsmith for a simple staff. A line of them in many heights were set along a back wall.

Parpar took a 7 foot tall one, a good foot and a half over his own head. "What do you think? Does that look like a good height?"

"Well it might be a little tall, but nothing a saw can't fix. Although then you run the risk of cutting too much off and ruining it all together," Tashunka replied as he himself examined the woods the shop had to offer. "Do you have a certain type of staff you are going for? Curvy, straight, or maybe a little of both." Tashunka asked him.

"A warped pole would be nice.... but a straight pole might be the best to start." He put the 7 foot back and took a 6 foot, walking over to the owner's table.

"Ten crowns." The Britainnian man demanded.

"Ten? You are ridiculous! This isn't worth a crown over three!" Parpar raised his voice in incredulity.

The man leaned over the counter, his large muscles and many sword wounds showing clearly. "Ten crowns or I can give ye a demonstration."

Parpar throws down the pole, turning to leave quickly. "The Verdantkin chose the wrong race to wipe out, Britainnian."

Last edited:
Coro- Dorms

Coro eventually finds the dorm she was assigned to and enters it finding it empty haveing nothing better to do she pulls out the slip and trys to make since of what is written on it shortly giving up when a boy with singed hair walks in. "Oh umm yes hi" Coro shakes the persons hand. "Im coronaria but just call me coro for short ok? Its also nice to meet you"

Audrey-Infirmary

Audrey head stops spinning long enough to see Mikida by her bed. She sends Mikida a smile and waves her over. She only knows a handful of things about the girl but she didn't care Mikida will tell her when she is ready. Until then, Audrey will be a good friend.

Audrey opens her arms to offer Mikida a hug.

Simon - Dorm room

"Simon" he greats the girl before plopping himself on his bed, pulling out a book and reading it....... After a few minutes of reading A thought comes to Simon's head. "So" Simon say inquisitively "You're a mage right. You ah any good?". "Maybe she can be useful" He thinks to himself

Mikida- Infirmary

Mikida walks over to Audrey's side, but doesn't hug her right away, in fact, her approach seems quite cautious. With a shade of concern, "Are you ok?" Although the question seemed simple on its face, Mikida seemed serious about this question. Undertones of unease, sadness, and anxiety cross Mikida's normally unmoving expressions. Mikida kites Audrey's hug range, not taking another step forward.

Audrey Infirmary

Audrey watches Mikida's actions with a deep sadness. What could have caused a girl to act like this? She asks herself. The girl should be bubbles and gosip like summer dips in a lake.

"I will be fine." Audrey tries to remain calm. "Some people needed my money more than me. You wanna see something awesome?"

Audrey pulls the amethyst stone from her secret pocket. "Come" she pats the bed "it is so much darker in here."

Mikida lowers her head, seeming unwilling to buy into Audrey's attempts to reassure her. Speaking flatly, Mikida reads between the lines, "So, you were mugged..." Mikida sits at the base of the bed over by Audrey's feet. The somberness in her voice seems to reverberate through the room, "Why?"

Audrey- Infirmary

Mikida weight settles on the wrong part of the bed, causing the tightness in Audrey's chest to release, like an overloaded damn whose contents were her tears, the hapless villagers below her pride. She bows her head to the weight of them. The core of herself shutters. The whole experience of the mugging comes slamming down. The hopelessness, shame, anger, and pity make a cauldron of despair without a hope of true release.

Audrey wept.

coro-dorms
Coro shrugs at simons question "Dont really have anything to compare myself to so I dont know, How about you are you any good?" Coro creates a rose and offers it to simon smiling.

Last edited:
Mikida- Infirmary

Mikida seems to relax somewhat as Audrey wept. Where before she had a tenseness about her, she now seemed accepting of the situation. Moving forward, Mikida repositions the towel for Audrey since she didn't notice that she had caused it to move in her grief. Speaking in a calming tone, Mikida leans in against Audrey, attempting to comfort her with her warmth, "Its ok. Anyone would be scared in that situation. I was worried that you were going to try to take it on by yourself. I don't want anyone to feel like that." Mikida snuggles her head into Audrey's shoulder.

Last edited:
Simon - Dorm Room

"Ohh I know enough to get by" Simon drops the book on his lap "Coronaria Coronaria" He repeats the name a few time to himself "Can I just say that is a beautiful name, Sounds like a precious flower you must have loved the forest huh" He give her a warm smile "You seem like A nice person and I don't really know anybody here. Maybe we could be friends." He taps the cover of book the book on his lap "I actually remember you from class you see and If you want I could teach you some things I mean the two of us will be living close so it would be great if we could both get along and you know help each other out when we might need help right." Simon takes out another book from his bag and and opens a random page "One last thing though what did you say kind of magic you use I've actually been studying all the types and was just curious"

Audrey- Infirmary

Audrey cries softly. Time seems to pass slowly. The events of the attack congealed into solid memories. The man’s forearm had a dark splotch of a tattoo. A badly inked bird in flight sears into her memory and dries her tears. The decision made in her heart a second before her mind realized it.

“Thank you, Mikida.” Audrey places her hand on Mikida’s back. “I will not lie; you’re a mystery and I like solving puzzles, but I would prefer a friend over deciphering you.”

Audrey pulls back from the hug and looks Mikida in the eyes.

Mikida- Infirmary

Mikida breaks eye contact to yawn, as she lays her head gently on Audrey's chest, yet her thoughts remain cogent and well articulated, "I don't know what to think about that. I'm a strange girl, but mysteries are mysteries because people are trying to solve them. A mystery that nobody is trying to solve isn't a mystery at all. Its just darkness." Drifting into sleep once more, "But, you are too trusting. I don't deserve your friendship." Speaking with a bittersweet note, "Just keep tolerating me." Mikida manages to secure the last word by going to sleep right where she is.

Audrey- Infirmary

"I choose my friends." Audrey lowers her voice. "I choose you. There really is no reason to fight it."

Audrey hugs her tightly and says, "Let us get out of here."

Eponia Haran - Infirmary

The Master Mage coughs and pushes Mikida away with a finger. "I'm sorry for breaking such a loving show of friendship, but I'm sure it would be beneficial for the patient to stay in bed to heal before doing anything active. Now find another bed and get some well needed rest before you die of a broken skull or of the like." He ordered Audrey

Last edited:
Audrey- Infirmary

Audrey smiles slightly in sympathy at Master Haran. She laid back against the pillow and adjusts the Master's focus. In her mind two images flash before her mind, a beautiful woman's face and a badly tattooed bird.

It is best to strike quickly, Father's voice comes into her mind. "When an enemy believes they have won, strike quick and with overwhelming force." Father was talking to his heir and my oldest brother, but I heard because I sat reading at father's feet.

Audrey lays an arm around Mikida and lets sleep take her.

Coro-dorms
Coro blushes slightly "It is indeed a flower and yes i do love it very much... its strange being away from it." At the mention of her home coro frowns clearly missing it but it immediately turns back into a smile at the mention of being freinds. "Really?! You want to be my friend ive never had a human friend before, Thank you!" Coro hugs simon with a rather alarming amount of strength. Oh and i use nature magic and i would be very greatfull if you can teach me how to read.

Simon - Dorm Room

"People are so easy to flatter" he thinks to himself. Simon was giddy he had snagged someone uselful "How about this we have a few hours of free time in the evening I could teach you the basics right now just some basic Grenzrede then i'll show you how to read some books one your own once I feel you're ready." Simon gets up from the bed "I'll be right back". He makes his way to the library to get a book on botany especially one that detailed expensive or psychedelic plants. Simon makes his way back to the room and gives her the book "Let's start shall we." He smiles "Just pick a picture and I'll tell you the details on the page. I figured it's something you like so you could get what the symbols mean faster if you know about it already"

Parpar and Tashunka - Collage

Tashunka frowned when he heard the Shop owner demanded ten crowns for a stick. Tashunka wanted to say something to back Parpar up, but he couldn't think of anything so he just give the shop owner an evil look and followed Parpar out. "What was wrong with that guy?" Tashunka asked Parpar, "I mean I could walk into the forest and find a better stick for free.

"Britainnians are the scum of the world." Parpar said angrily. "They think humans of all things are the only correct form of life, and all others are below them. Soft eggs." The Alttanin moved through the crowd, stopping briefly at a vendor of jewelry to pick out a turquoise necklace, then continued on to a smaller vendor to pick up an 8 ft staff for a mere 4 Crowns.

"Anything else you wanted while we are here?" He asked the muscular Centaur.

Since, Tashunka had seen so many different races in his travels it was hard to keep up with who didn't like who, so instead he just tried to be nice to everyone he met. "Let me check," Tashunka replied opening his bag and examining the contents. The bag contained almost everything he needed; leather, beads, some paint, and a few feathers. "I need a good piece of wood to carve, but I think I can find one on our way back to the college." Tashunka finished.

"I suppose we can head back to the college now then." Parpar shot a smile at Tash, his amber eyes lingering a second. The College was close, and he kept his eyes open for a good branch both for himself and Tash.

"So, what was your home like?"

"I moved around a lot with my family, so I don't really have a place I call home," Tashunka replied. As they made their way back to the college Tashunka managed to find a few good pieces of wood he could use to make a pipe. Well he was collecting the pieces of wood Tashunka stumbled upon a tall 7 foot branch, "told you," Tashunka said handing it to Parpar to examine. After they were done harvesting wood Tashunka and Parpar headed back to the school. Tashunka and Parpar made it back to the collage with just enough time to put their things away before dinner.

Back