成功終了: Successful End [5/8]

Kin no Keifu

Genealogy of Gold
Trying to carve out a safe place in a world you don't even remember is harder than the books make it seem. Especially with dream demons strewn everywhere. Especially when you're not even sure what the city you're clearing even is. Especially when you don't know how to get the monsters out.

Especially when you don't know who you are past a name.

(Have some exposition.)

A paper is found by the road. Confused, curious, and honestly hungrier than you remember ever being, you pick it up and read.

"It's been a year since they came back, I think. I've just got my memory back. And I don't want any of it.

The demons haven't left my head and they're getting to my heart. I'm dreaming, I'm not, I'm not sure anymore. It hurts anyway. They're calling this city Pandemonium now. I don't know what it was before. I don't think you do, either.

I've managed to hide one thing from them. Pandemonium can be made safe. Just find the leader, Kriemhild. Delete her. I don't know how anymore. They've deleted that demon's name. It started with a B, but that's all I know. I do know that xe scares her.

I can't tell you who I am. I've said enough."

The rest of the paper's splattered in rust-brown drops. you glance at the body beside it with an empty gun in its hand. So that's how it got there.

You just have to fill out the character sheet. I forgot to post it earlier.

Name, fragmented or otherwise:

Apparent age:

Appearance:

Leader, support, field agent, or researcher:

Personality:

There's an optional segment I have, but I need to explain a little further first. This city, Pandemonium, is crawling with dream demons. They find humans and slowly suck them of their dreams. The more dreams they lose, the worse their memory gets. The person from the letter- currently nameless and just an exposition provider- had most of their dreams taken. So, without further ado, the optional segment:

Percent of nightmares taken:

Percent of dreams taken:

Name, fragmented or otherwise: Sin (as in Sinclair)

Apparent age: 19

Appearance:

4c44dfb8d6ddbc40b14b57c780cea251-d57skas.png

Leader, support, field agent, or researcher: Leader

Personality: Curious, open minded; extremely curious about the demons

There's an optional segment I have, but I need to explain a little further first. This city, Pandemonium, is crawling with dream demons. They find humans and slowly suck them of their dreams. The more dreams they lose, the worse their memory gets. The person from the letter- currently nameless and just an exposition provider- had most of their dreams taken. So, without further ado, the optional segment:

Percent of nightmares taken: 90%

Percent of dreams taken: 90%

Name, fragmented or otherwise: Bonne (pronounced Bone, screw all my classmates who say otherwise)

Apparent age: 17

Appearance:
79aae819c8e50c2a027ceaf33d088ec4048efd84_hq.jpg

Leader, support, field agent, or researcher: Researcher

Personality: A forceful, quiet girl with a melancholic temperament who singlemindedly tries to find the quickest ways to eliminate any enemies.

Percent of nightmares taken: 80%

Percent of dreams taken: 95%

Haha! This worked out so much better than my last two RPs. Let's hope it stays that way. I'm excited about this one.

If you've got any questions, feel free to ask. I'm going to be off for a while adding to the stock in my school business, but I should be back in a few and I'm willing to answer about anything.

Maybe with the characters meeting up after some wandering, having woken up in some lonely road- which kind of explains how they got the letter, to be honest. It seems simple enough, and any number of interactions could spring from that.

Especially if there's a demon like those mentioned there on someone's tail.

By chance...Can we capture demons and use them? (kinda like the owl thing in my picture)

also, I foresee interesting situations because our character's views towards the demons are nearly opposite.

The weaker ones, maybe, but they're sentient beings, so this might take a while. Maybe there's a way to make them similar to employees or have them defect and join the humans, but the second is like us calling talking maggots friends to them and for the first you'd need something to hold over their heads to keep them that way. Its a challenge you and Sin to take, though! ;)

And yes, that will probably cause issues. Bonne is meant to be pretty single-minded about the demon killing thing, and with Sin's apparent curiosity in ways that don't involve murder I doubt they'll get along well at first.

How are you with romance? Would that be a thing you could agree with?

(Honestly, it is really hard to find an RP where it goes well)

If you want; I'm fine whichever way it goes. I've been researching that stuff for a book I'm writing and it might turn out okay.

Awesome, Do you want to go ahead and start the RP or wait for the roster to fill up?

Also, what exactly does Bonne research?

Bone x Sin (sounds kinda cool, and scary) ;)

I'll wait for enough members. Maybe give it a few days. There's a reason it's [?/8], you know? If no-one shows up, I'll start it.

She searches for ways to eliminate the demons and lore on them for ways to survive. Plus maybe life hacks for living without electricity. The demons affect dreams, not computers. Most of the systems society uses are still running. Partially why I picked dream demons specifically.

Also, yeah, that sounds awesome. I would watch that movie if I could pay for a ticket.

Ok, Well...She'll have to teach how to use all of that stuff, cause I have no memories...

Bonne: "TYPE THE DAMN WORDS ALREADY YOU DISAPPOINTMENT. JUST PRESS THE KEYS IN ORDER AND SEARCH FOR YOUR SHIT."

God do I love making her curse.

Sin goes wide-eyed at Bonne's sudden outburst. He knew he had done something wrong, but wasn't sure what it was he did. Sin: "Hey Bonne, what are these markings on the buttons?" Sin looked up at Bonne with a slightly confused expression.

Back