Ame Damnee The Abaddon Prison

M

Meliodas

The prison is tucked away in the field's of Necropolis, near the graveyard. The Circle of Sanctity has used the abandoned prison as their headquarters for decades now; the prison is where the group holds their sacrificial ceremonies, conducts meetings, and is home to most of its members. The crumbling building is kept in shambles on purpose as to avoid suspicious or wandering people from entering. The building maintains its vision of abandonment from the outside and initially once you enter, however; upon further inspection and moving deeper into the prison, it is clear that it has inhabitants. There are several levels to the prison, including a basement where torture is carried out. The ritual room is a big room on the main level of the prison and is only ever used for ceremonial purposes.

View attachment 651
View attachment 652
View attachment 653

(Will be removed per artists request.)

(Credit to Pupper)

Jocasta, In a Room with Serena and Sunil

Jocasta was eager to ask Sunil many questions, but she knew better than to ask a tired traveler many things before he could get some rest, and so she brought Sunil to the abandoned prison that many of their members lived in. Serena followed closely behind; Jocasta didn't enjoy it. She always felt like the woman was stabbing a thousand daggers into her body whenever she was around. The trio made their way to a room inside a prison and Jocasta led Sunil over to the bed, fascination oozing from the way she treated Sunil with respect. "It must've been a long journey," she spoke with ease, trying her best to block out Serena. "Is there anything else you wish for at this time, Sunil?"

Sunil Seva
In a room, Abaddon Prison

Sunil seemed to consider the question as he walked towards the bed and sat on it, taking a pillow and clutching it against his chest like a child would to a stuffed toy. He stared at the pillow for a few moments before replying. "I have a some questions. We are still in Abaddon, correct? Have you heard of the Sanctuary? Is it far from here? Also..." this thing he wasn't quite sure of. He just remembered the pain of the headache, he had lost his entire sense of time at that few minutes, feeling like the pain has lasted several years. "How long has it been since the golem attack on the Clocktower?" he met their eyes, curiosity burning in his irises. "Forgive me for having so many questions. I am still quite disoriented."

Maric Vakarian - Maric's Room

Maric awoke with a gasp, trying to sit straight up, he felt dizzy and propped himself up on his elbows. Looking around, he realized he was in his room in the Abaddon jail, with Buttercup sitting right next to him. He grabbed onto Buttercups shoulder with a weak grip. "Guruk, the horned man.... keep him away..." He lost his grip and fell back into his bed. He felt himself fading again. "The pain... it hurts Guruk.... make...it..." He closed his eyes and let darkness take him again, tears streaming down his face.

Guruk Shamad
Maric's Bedroom

Guruk was startled by Maric sitting up and grasping his shoulder with a faint hand. "Guruk, the horned man... keep him away..." he fell back down as quickly as he had sat up, asking for his friend to stop the pain. The orcish man watched his friend in both horror and worry, his words about the "horned man" replaying in his head. He thought back to that stain they had crossed paths with at The Sanctuary. "He did this to you?" the man asked aloud, not expecting Maric to answer. "If it's true... I will be paying that man-child a visit later."

Guruk readjusted himself at the side Maric's bed and placed both of his hands on his arm. "Please be wake up soon, my friend... I need you to come back."

Serena, The Abaddon Prison

The stream of questions that boy threw at them was indeed quite impressive, but Serena only smiled at that.

“Please, ma… Sunil, don’t hesitate to ask about anything. A friend of Hi’dric is a friend of mi… ours.” The High Priest cursed herself for stuttering twice in the same sentence. For a second she was arranging the answers in some logical order, and then continued. “It has been less than a day, since the golem’s attack. You are still in Abaddon, and to be precise, in the Circle’s base. As for Sanctuary, yes we have heard about it. More even, we plan on making it one of our outposts in the future, if the Aditi allows. And no, it is not far, though not in this district.”

Serena has made a little pause, to take air back into her lungs. She might have not needed it to live, as golem, but still it was necessary when talking.

“Anything I missed?” she asked.

Sunil Seva

Sunil's eyes seem to gleam in excitement when he mentioned their plans on the Sanctuary. Suddenly, he was a lot less meek and more lively, as his grip tightened on the pillow in excitement. At that moment, he looked like a little boy on Christmas morning. "The Sanctuary as an outpost? Have you talked to Xena about it? Thinking about it now, she's perfect for the Circle!" he replied with a cheerful smile. "When Xena sings in the Clocktower, she cleanses the dirt out of this city! I know. I helped her a lot. People called her the Siren... her voice is powerful, and just the right thing the Circle needs." his smile then faded, as he seemed to realize something. "You aren't planning to kill her, are you? It would be a great waste if you did." he said with his voice softening into a whisper. "But you know, if she resists the cause..." he smiled sweetly. "I shall end her myself. There are... no need for heretics in the coming of Aditi."

Jocasta felt a void in her heart open up when Sunil spoke so openly and strangely about Xena. She remembered her Buttercup's friend, but didn't know much about her otherwise, except for the fact that she enjoyed gardening just as much as Buttercup did. He sounded like he enjoyed murder, but then she remembered- she was a murderer too. She sat there, dumbfounded at his words, shocked that such a seemingly innocent little boy could speak in such a twisted way.

"Well," she began coolly, "Buttercup and Maric returned from somewhere not long ago. Perhaps they visited Xena. We've been hoping for a while now that she'd open up her Sanctuary to us; Perhaps that's what they went to go do." She smiled at Sunil and stood up. "Unfortunately, Maric passed out on his way back. I feel it's my duty to check up on him." She glanced over at Serena and offered her a smile. "I trust you'll keep Sunil in good company while I'm gone." She nodded towards Sunil and Serena. "I'll be back."

Jocasta left the room, her mind plagued with thoughts of the young man this morning, but shook them off as she made her way towards Maric's room. She approached the door, gave it a knock, and quietly stepped inside after being given the "Ok" to enter. There, resting peacefully on the bed, was Maric. She glanced over at Buttercup and shut the door behind her with a soft click. "How is he?" she questioned. "Is there anything I can do to help or would you prefer to be left alone with him for a while?"

Serena listened to the boy’s voice, and what he was saying about Xena.

‘no need for heretics in the coming of Aditi’

The eyes of the High Priest sparkled at this sentence. A volatile warmth of zealotry filled her stomach, as the boy’s words sounded in the room – his approach seemed to be more than fitting for Serena’s tastes. But also, she could not miss the Jocasta’s strange reaction.

“I will accompany Sunil, of course,” she answered Converter, with a cold tone. “After all, this is what master asked me to do.” She looked at younger woman’s back as she disappeared in the corridor.

After a second of wait, Serena turned to Sunil.

“Yes,” she said softly, but now with the voice vibrating with newly gained respect. “Xena would be a perfect addition to the Circle. Our plan is to make her our ally, and maybe even convert her, in the end.” Serena looked at Sunil seriously. “I am however worried, that some of us may lack… resolve needed for that quest.”

Sunil Seva

Sunil watched as Jocasta left, covering himself up with the blanket and laying down on his side. The bed felt soft and wonderful, he could just easily close his eyes and rest. "Her name was Jocasta wasn't she? She's a little too soft to be in the Circle, it seems, but if Hi'dric trusted her, she must have something else to her." his turquoise eyes drifted to Serena as he made a meaningful smile. "I can see why you are the High Priest. The position suits you. I can feel power in you, Miss Serena. You shall bring the Circle into an era of greatness. One thing you have to know though, is that... Xena has dogs about her." he closed his eyes, remembering Errol's face, and more recently, Wroth's. Then there was the strange man Errol and him has only saw yesterday, a kind of knight in shining armor. What was his name... Taran Caelis Titan? "Xena is treated like a princess more often than not, you shall not get her easily. I personally know one of her guard dogs. Errol..." he trailed off. "He's a very sneaky one. I am not sure where his morality lies. I guess I aided in saving him once, but should he be a problem I will not be generous again."

His expression slackened as he yawned, seemingly slowly falling into sleep. "There's... another thing you know. Xena has... always been strange... She has the smell of death around her despite being so innocent and gentle. I... wonder why..." his voice stopped abruptly as his breathing deepened, looking very innocent himself as he lay on the sheets sleeping.

Serena watched the not-a-boy sleeping peacefully on the bed, thinking about his words. First of all, be seemed to know really much about Xena, maybe even more than he was willing to share. The mentioning of darkness worried her the most - the aura of mystery always covered the young vampire. Her attitude so different to any person in Abaddon; her magic, even when used to heal seeming a little bit off; inconsistencies in documents that Serena found when researching Xena’s past. The little clues that were there, largely ignored by most. And now this ageless boy was here, seemingly confirming her suspicions, that under the cover of noble healer, the Siren was hiding something.

Question is - whether that will spark problems for us or not? Serena came closer to Sunil and pulled the blanket a little tighter around him. She brushed his her with her fingers and walked to the door.

With quick moves Serena has pulled out her notebook and tore one card out. She placed one of her protective seals on the inside of the door and left the room.

The High Priest walked quickly through corridors, her eyes becoming more and more cold when her thoughts trailed around Xena.

As for dogs. The image of Errol appeared in her mind. When Xena will be at Hi’drick’s feet, they should not be a problem. And if they will be troublesome... Serena’s fingers morphed into claws for a split second. We will show them their place.

Last edited:
Guruk Shamad
Maric's Bedroom

A knock came at the door, half startling Guruk but without hesitation, he called to the person on the other side that it was OK to come in. The door opened and revealed Jocasta standing there. Guruk was a bit surprised that the woman had come to check on his friend, he had always been under the impression that Jocasta did not care for him as much as some of the other members of The Circle. Guruk didn't blame her, though, Maric could be difficult to get along with at times, especially if he was trying to seduce you into his bed. Jocasta stepped inside, shutting the door behind her and expressing her concerns for his friend.

"He should be OK with enough rest and my hand." Guruk explained, "if you don't mind, Jocasta, would you please bring a small washing bowl and a cloth for his forehead? He is clamming up but I cannot leave his side when he is like this. Oh, and Jocasta... thank you for checking on him, even if he can be terrible sometimes, he really does mean well."

Jocasta nodded at Guruk's request, "Of course." She immediately sought out a cloth, cool water, and a small washing bowl. The ragged cloth was drenched in cool water by the time she came back from the other side of the room. She sat down on the right side of the bed and placed the bowl on the bedside table. "It's my duty to make sure my friends are well cared for," she mused. "Maric may be a pain sometimes, but he's my leader." She took the cloth out of the water and wrung it over the bowl. "Besides, I'm sure he's learned his lesson today." She folded the cloth in half, then gently placed it on Maric's forehead and pulled her hands back, waiting silently, hoping he would wake up soon, if not later.

The flashes repeated throughout his dreams, these people he didn't recognize, Xena, a kitsune, various bodies entangled with his. They flashed too quick for him to make sense of them, then they disappeared, leaving Maric in a dark void. A voice rang in his head like it came from the bowels of hell itself. "It's been a long time Maric!! Your overdue execution draws near!!"

His eyes shot open, immediately causing him to groan and shut them again at the harsh light. "Why did Lucifer force me to have eyes?" He questioned like a drunkard waking with a hangover. As his eyes adjusted to the light, he propped himself up on his elbows. Looking over to his left first he saw Guruk. "Buttercup? What happened to me? I don't remember anything after I left the sanctuary." He groaned and looked over to the right, raising his eyebrows upon seeing Jocasta looking over him. "Well would you look at that? I knew I'd find a way to get you into bed with me at some point Jo." He said with a smirk. Humor being the only way to stifle the blistering headache he had right now.

Guruk Shamad
Maric's Room

Guruk pushed Maric back down lightly, "don't get up too quickly." he commanded. "Don't make stupid comments at a time like this, Maric. Jocasta is here because she is concerned for you, being an ass about it is not going to work in deflecting what you're feeling right now." The orcish man removed his hands from Maric's arms and sat up in his chair. He rubbed his eyes, the orcish man hadn't had very much rest and he was stressed after he saw his friend collapse in the fields of Necropolis. Guruk sighed slightly, removed the scowl from his face and just looked casually at Maric.

"I don't know what happened to you. I left the sanctuary and came here... and then I heard you behind me, outside in the fields. I was too late, though, you had collapsed. I brought you inside and this is the first you have woken or said anything." Guruk looked at his friend in a way that told him he needed to say more to him when they were alone. "Jocasta was nice enough to bring you a cold cloth, you should thank her."

Jocasta felt her cheeks flush at Maric's comment, but scowled just as quickly and was about to open her mouth to say something, but Guruk seemed to end up taking care of shutting Maric's mouth for the time being. She didn't have time for his antics, but on the other hand, at least he was awake now. He still needed to rest though. The muscles in her face softened as she observed Maric from a distance. Cold, clammy skin. Fatigue. "You have a lot of energy for someone who passed out not too long ago," she mused to Maric. "How are you feeling right now? Would you like me to fetch you a glass of water?"

He winced at Guruk's criticism of him. "Come on Buttercup, flirting makes me feel better." He whined weakly. His face got serious as he remembered the events that lead up to his collapse. "I remember having to catch Xena as she collapsed from over-exertion. Her servant Errol and I helped take care of her, then the horned man we saw came rushing over. I put my hand on him to let him know she'd be fine and then..." He trailed off as he remembered the images that assaulted his mind.

"I'm not sure how to describe it. My mind was forced to observe images that I didn't recognize, but felt like I should. I left the Sanctuary with a horrendous headache, then I guess I managed to make my way back here. I really don't remember." He looked over to Jocasta, a genuine smile on his face. "Jo... as much as I play with you, I want you to know I do appreciate you helping to look after me. Thank you."

Guruk Shamad
Inside Maric's Room

Guruk's concerned expression washed away with Maric's inability to read a facial cue as he laid out every detail to Jocasta and was replaced with a blank expression. Was the man really that idiotic? No, something serious happened to him. That horned man... He was the reason for this? Some kind of brainwash maybe? But Maric said he thought he should know them. I've known this man as long as I can remember, is there more here than I know? The orcish man thought to himself before pushing off his chair into a standing position.

"Now that you're awake I should check in with Hi'dric. Stay in bed awhile longer, and Jocasta, if he gets out of line with his behaviour... Just remember not to hurt him too much." Guruk turned and exited Maric's bedroom.

The orcish man stood in the hallway on the outside of Maric's door for a moment, thinking about what he said about the horned man. Just who was that man child and what exactly did he do to Maric? Guruk sighed, he could feel the blood boil underneath his skin and wanted to unleash the beast within but he knew Maric would berate him for such behaviour. It would jeopardize everything they had been working towards for so long and yet, a large piece of him wanted to crush the man child's head between his hands and watch as his skull caved in. Guruk shook the thought from his head and started toward Hi'dric's quarters.

Jocasta was stunned at Maric's genuine response, but her mind quickly went back to the previous... nightmare? It didn't make sense. Jocasta nodded at Buttercup. "Of course," she responded firmly, then turned back to Maric as Buttercup left the room. "Maric? Are you okay? What's going on? What images did you see?"

Maric Vakarian - Maric's bedroom

It was at this moment Maric knew, he fucked up. He'd been so out of sorts that he completely forgot that Jocasta didn't know his and Buttercup's purpose for visiting the sanctuary, and he'd just spilled all of the details out right in front of her. He pushed himself up onto his elbows again and looked over at Jo with his most apologetic smile. "I'm sorry, the details faded from my mind as fast as they appeared. I'm alright though. Probably just need some fresh air."

He slowly pushed him self into an upright sitting position, slinging his feet lazily off of the bed. Looking over at Jocasta he asked. "With that said, could you do me a favor gorgeous? Could you help me out to the Necropolis? I don't really trust myself under my bodies own power right now." He chuckled trying to deflect the situation as hard as he could with humor. Hoping that Jocasta would simply leave the matter be.

Back