Ame Damnee The Abaddon Prison

Sunil Seva
Abaddon Prison

Sunil smiled as she saw that Hi'dric and a couple of other members were here. He simply shrugged and sat on one of the nearby tables, flailing his feet about in the air. "Everyone, this is Kaleo. I found him by an alley in the Residential District. Ah, he's mute so he can't speak, but he did show me his willingness to find the light." He smiled hugely, excitement basically emanating off of him. "His ability is awesome! I think it can help the Circle somewhat! I told him I'll let him meet you Hi'dric, to see if he's worthy enough to serve Aditi." he shrugged, and then he jumped down the table, looking around. "On a side note, does anyone have any shoes or slippers I could borrow? The ground has been rough and my feet are bare." he said, raising his oversized robes to show them.

Kaleo - Abaddon Prison
Kaleo dipped his head in response to Hi'dric's greeting, smiling softly. As much as he appreciated the reception, however, that wasn't what made his heart beat faster. It was the fear. The man was drenched in it. Oh, he hid it well, buried deep under a facade of power and authority, but Kaleo could see it slipping through the cracks of his consciousness. Power is a fine thing to own, but flames can consume even the best seeds you've sown. I wonder if you acknowledge your fear; if you'll see the truth when it's crystal clear. I'd be happy to help you come out of your shell, even if that means taking you through the fires of hell.

Lifting his head, Kaleo turned his gaze to Jocasta. Ah, your confidence shines through, but that's the best thing I see about you. You think you can hide from the monster inside, but I wonder... When was the last time you cried?

The werewolf glanced back as he heard footsteps coming up behind him, his eyes shifting upward to behold this newcomer. A saint to behold with his path laid in gold. But what happens when that path turns to stone? There are only so many souls to loan.

Kaleo turned away from the orc and looked at Sunil, his eyes gleaming. I came here to satisfy my cravings, but it looks like instead I'll be taming these ravings. An exchange is in order for my services though, these things don't just come for free, you know.

~Hi'dric Varon Normell-Prison~
Hi'dric watched Kaleo for a moment before he turned, gesturing for everyone to follow. "We must give our newest recruit the warmest welcome into our family. I do apologize for the state of our conditions but due the Aditi worshipping ban, we've had to what we must to keep the faith going." He looked over his shoulder at Kaleo. "I am glad to see you're willing to join us, if only we had more hopefuls like you." Hi'dric turned to Jocasta. "Jocasta, can I have you do me a favor and get Sunil some shoes, I'm sure we have plenty."

Jocasta, Abaddon Prison

As momentous as it was, Jocasta couldn't help but feel a little irritated that Sunil had ruined the privacy of her and Hi'dric. She kept it to herself though. The doors opened and Jocasta saw a familiar face; Buttercup. She turned her head back to Kaleo and watched silently as he shifted his eyes between each of them. It made her feel uneasy, the way he was staring... as if he could see right through their souls. She nodded in acknowledgement towards him as he faced her, expressionless. The young woman turned the other way a few moments after. "Of course," she responded to Hi'dric, then glanced at Sunil. "I'll be back." She hastily left the room, not wanting to keep Sunil or anyone else waiting for that matter.

Guruk Shamad
Abaddon Prison

Guruk listened to the child explain who the newcomer was, though the child was still a newcomer to Guruk as well. He eyed the man, looking down at him as he looked back up, almost as if he was trying to peer into the orcish man's soul. Normally this would leave someone feeling violated, uneasy, or eery, however; Guruk did not waver. He nodded at the newcomer and then grinned as Hi'dric announced giving the recruit a warm welcome. What Hi'dric defined as a warm welcome was easily classified as a mild form of torture to the ordinary person; a branding ceremony. Each cult member had the same brand somewhere on their body, it was simply an outline of a circle. It was important that the brand was not too elaborate to ensure that when the circle's members fraternized with the common folk that they wouldn't ask questions.

Guruk began to follow Hi'dric as he ushered everyone to follow him, he slowed as he approached Kaleo and stopped momentarily to study the man. "A mute, eh? Well my name is Guruk. Welcome to the Circle, brother."

Sunil Seva
Abaddon Prison

Sunil smiled widely as Jocasta left to retrive some shoes. He could not remember her name well so he just shouted after her. "Thank you, Miss!" he grinned. "I'm glad my recruit got in! Well, that probably means I still haven't lost my sense of smell for our kind of people." He said enthusiastically, and then tilted his head as he watched the way Kaleo eyed everyone. Sunil could only imagine what was going on in his head. I bet if he could speak, he'd have said something interesting. he thought to himself. And if I had a candy right now I'd have started eating it. Ah, how much he missed Xena's candied berries! She always gave him one after he helps her with stuff. He wished she could hurry over to this side as well. But then, she'll probably wretch at the sight of our rituals... But no matter! Once she's enlightened, she will understand. Satisfied at this thought, and irritated at his still lack of shoes now that he has to follow the overseer, the boy morphed into the shadows and into a small blue serpent akin to a snake, slithering over to Hi'dric's side. He is so done with feet right now.

Kaleo - Abaddon Prison
At the mention of this "welcoming ceremony," Kaleo couldn't help but burn with curiosity. He followed Hi'dric eagerly. Kaleo hadn't expected anything special upon coming here; it was just another way of solving his little problem. Even if it didn't actually solve his problem... Nevertheless, he was here, and he would make the most of the situation that had been presented to him. After all, they needed it.

Speak of the devil...

Kaleo turned to face Guruk as he introduced himself, somewhat surprised by his friendly demeanor. It certainly didn't suit his appearance, but then again, Kaleo was more than familiar with that feeling. In response, he simply nodded his head in acknowledgement before turning away again.

Kaleo raised an eyebrow when Sunil spoke up again: "I'm glad my recruit got in! Well, that probably means I still haven't lost my sense of smell for our kind of people."

You're correct in thinking I'm a worthy find, but rest assured I am not your kind. Your kind is filled with fearful frauds, as you feign in your worship of your dead gods. You're playing with fire you can't understand, in hopes of making it to some promised land. I'd be able to see it if you were real; you wouldn't fear, you wouldn't feel. I know you can't hold the answers I seek, because if you did, you wouldn't be weak. But I can fix it all for you, show you a world that is really true. A world filled with fear that doesn't matter, a world filled with hopes that you'll see scatter. It's a blessed day in your life's span; the day you took in the Boogeyman.

Hi'dric Varon Normell- Prison
Hi'dric kept his gaze on Kaleo. Something about the newcomer was quite unsettling, the way he looked at them with reading, knowing eyes even though it had only been a couple minutes that Kaleo had been here. Hi'dric narrowed his eyes in suspicion, knowing he would need a word...well, in Kaleo's case, not even that but he knew that there were unknowns about Kaleo that he needed to figure out.

He wondered exactly who this newcomer was. "Well, regardless Aditi will be pleased of the growth. Guruk, I put Kaleo in your care for the time for you are the most welcoming of us all." He said with a smile before giving a nod to Kaleo once more. "It was a pleasure to meet you, my child. Ah Jocasta, after you give the slippers to Sunil, follow me to my office." With that he left to his office, shaking his head at his confusing thoughts. It had been centuries since he felt this uneasy about someone, which worried him. Jocasta placed the slippers before Sunil before following after Hi'dric.

EDIT

Last edited:
Jocasta, Hi'dric's Office

The walk to Hi'dric's office didn't take long. Jocasta entered quickly after him and shut the door behind her. Her hand went to her neck. Healed. "So, Kaleo," she began. "A rather interesting fellow."

Guruk Shamad
Abaddon Prison

"
Yes sir" Guruk replied as Hi'dric gave him the order to brand the newest member of the circle. A piece of him wondered just how much they could trust this newcomer and did he really want to be part of the circle, or did the child misjudge the mute? Guruk put the idea to the back of his mind, he would test the newcomer's faith in his own way later on. The large man walked toward Kaleo and nodded his head in a direction down the hallway as a signal for him to follow. "This way, if you will."

Guruk began down the hallway and made a turn to follow the large staircase onto the main floor. From there he went through a door that lead down another stairwell into what appeared to be the basement. There were holy tapestries hanging from the wall and strange hieroglyphics etched into the floors. On the far side of the room was a large pit with a small burning flame nestled inside. Next to the pit was a large cabinet which Guruk moved toward. He opened the cabinet and removed a fire poking with a circle brand on the end of it. The large man placed the brand side into the flames and turned to face Kaleo while the steel heated.

"So you can't talk? I guess that's for the better, I'm not much of a talker myself. I am curious though, how did the child know you wanted to join us if you don't have a voice?" Guruk questioned.

Kaleo - Abaddon Prison
Kaleo followed the large orc down to the basement, taking in his surroundings with round eyes. To him, it really was an impressive sight. However, when he saw the fire and the branding iron, he couldn't help but see the irony in the situation. Your leader fears the flame, but you use fire to mark your claim. It's a strange thing to set... Maybe there's hope for you yet.

Kaleo allowed his eyes to wander the room, observing the tapestries and hieroglyphs. What did those mean? Before he could ponder his question more, Kaleo's thoughts were interrupted by Guruk.

"I am curious though, how did the child know you wanted to join us if you don't have a voice?"

Kaleo considered the question. Did Sunil know, or was I just his trophy to show? It's true I came here of my own free will, though it almost feels like I'm just a quota to fill. Not that it matters anyway, I've already decided I want to stay. He shrugged.

Sunil Seva
Abaddon Prison

As soon as the slippers was in front of him, he morphed into his human-like form once again and wore the slippers. It was snug on his feet. The child smiled. As the people started dispersing away, he could not care less once again, as he stayed on the corridor, practicing to walk on two feet. One step. he thought to himself. Two. Three, Four... he was on his thirteenth when the scent on the corridor changed so suddenly. Someone has entered the prison, this time the incubus he had met earlier, along with another scent that was so familiar. His eyes widened as he sniffed the air, murmuring. "No way." He did wanted her to be here, but so quickly? Was she kidnapped? Do they get to convert her? Corrupt her? Defile her? A smile widened on his lips as he walked in her direction, faster, faster, until he could see her in the distance, and to his disappointment, she seemed to be walking inside willingly. His expression blanked... and then he frowned.

She smelled of death. But she wasn't damned. It was the strangest thing....

He made a big enthusiastic grin as he ran towards her arms hugging her by the waist. The girl made a gasp as he said, giddily. "Xena! You're here! Finally!" he looked up at her, and her expression was surprised and confused. Her eyes had lost a bit of innocence in them, he wondered why. He hoped he had seen the innocence drain out of those eyses. Slowly, recognition emerged from those amber irises and she made a sweet, delighted smile as she hugged him back. "Nil! I don't understand, how---"

He had drowned out her voice. He simply stared at her gentle features, her angelic smile, the pure visage she has been keeping on. Was it really just a facade? He had always known there was something else to her, some darkness underneath that beautiful shell, and he couldn't help it. He couldn't help but feel drawn.

I want to taint you. I want to make you fall.

Xena Mythriel Al'vyon
Abaddon Prison - Near the Entrance

It was her first time in this kind of place. Seeing how the Circle members were living made her feel slightly bad that she had not given them the Sanctuary as their base, but she knew at that time she made a good decision. Glancing at Maric, she still didn't know what was up, but it was then that she felt a child tackle her, smiling cheerfully as he yelled. "Xena! You're here! Finally!" Xena blinked, confused. Who is this boy? She had no clue. She had never seen him before. And yet, as she looked into his eyes, she realized it looked very, very familiar. Turquoise with golden flecks in them... she had seen them in a wolf before. A very intelligent wolf. And his hair. The same shade as the fur... But wasn't he supposed to be with...? Regardless, she smiled happily as she hugged him back. "Nil! I don't understand, how are you in this form? What are you doing here?" The boy did not reply as he just let her go, took a step back and smiled sheepishly.

Xena gave Maric a questioning look. But then she realized that maybe it was him that needed explanations, so she just hesitated. "Nil is... a familiar that's bound to Errol... or was."

The kid nodded enthusiastically. "I managed to break free from my chains, I guess our previous Master was finally dead! He clung to life so pathetically. I'm so glad he's gone now." the kid said with a sweet smile. Harsh words from an innocent looking face. Nil in this form was almost a stranger, and soon enough she realized she has never really talked to him before, as it was only Errol who could hear him. "Then, what are you doing here?" she said as she crouched down a little to his level

"The circle is my home!"

That seemed to be the only explanation Nil was willing to give. She just nodded uneasily, as she smiled. "Then, I shall be taking my leave for a bit. Maric said we were called for something. And... I was rather interested in... knowing more about this organization."

Awe and wonder showed up on the boy's face as he nodded excitedly. "I see! Then, I will leave the two of you then!" And with that, he murmured a small song under his breath as he started walking back in the opposite direction. His voice echoed in the hallway, almost ominous and foreboding. "Humpty Dumpty sat on a wall, Humpty Dumpty had a great fall..."

Xene frowned. She had never thought Nil could be such a strange fellow.

Last edited:
Maric Vakarian - Abaddon Prison

Maric regarded the entire scene between Xena and the boy who'd shown up earlier with much confusion. He voiced his thoughts aloud when the boy, Nil was his name, started skipping away. "Well at least Hi'dric got him some clothes. The kid just showed up in the Necropolis stark naked right before Buttercup and I left to make our offer to you at the Sanctuary." The kid creeped him out if he was being perfectly honest, a child, the personification of innocence, who applauded death so enthusiastically.

He turned to Xena. "I haven't actually said a word to him yet, haven't had time with everything else going on, so you'll have to ask Hi'dric what he's doing here. Speaking of which, his office is right this way." He held Xena's hand tighter than normal, as if he was nervous about the entire thing, as he brought Xena through the main floor of the prison. Finally reaching the door to his boss' office, he knocked. "Hi'dric? It's Maric, I've got Xena with me too. Can we come in?"

Guruk Shamad
Abaddon

Guruk watched the man shrug his shoulders after being faced with a question he couldn't answer. Guruk wasn't seeking an answer, rather just speaking out loud as he attempted to wrap his head around the situation. He thought about the small boy again, beaming with pride as he introduced his new friend. The orcish man wanted to know more about that boy as well, Hi'dric regarded him well and he was curious. Guruk looked around the room, this is not where they held the rituals for sacrificing the young; that room was on the main level locked behind two wooden doors protected with a large chain. The only man considered holy enough to enter on his own was Guruk, he held the key. At times he would invite people into the ritual but it was not often as they often broke his concentration or stained the environment mildly. This room was used for disposing of those who were not worthy and branding those who were becoming one with their family. Guruk often was found in the basement, quietly thinking or working away. For a room that housed death frequently, it was rather tidy, albeit a little musty.

Guruk looked back toward Kaleo, pondering how the man would react to the ritual room. Being a mute had its advantages, at least in Guruk's eyes. "Kaleo. The Circle is a family of sorts. We all share the same brand, joining us together in a harmonious unity. The Circle exists for Aditi and Aditi only. Through us, we shall invite her to reclaim her rightful place here in Terrestia. A word of caution though, our goddess will not return to a world stained by imperfection. We are to cleanse this dirty place of its impurities and pave a road for Aditis rebirth." Every word the man spoke carried a heavy truth, he did not waver in his speech and his eyes remained focused throughout. Next to Hi'dric, Guruk was the most loyal member to the cause. He believed in The Circle full heartedly; it governed his life, his decisions, his motivations, his fears.

"Imperfections. Stains. A man with no voice, I wonder... will Aditi welcome you?" Guruk asked, now turning his back to Kaleo and moving toward the fire poker. It's metal was bright red with heat; it was ready.

Kaleo - Abaddon Prison
Kaleo listened to Guruk's speech, his eyes intent. Guruk's fear had been obvious before, but now? Now it was writhing within him, fighting to break free. The doubt, the feeling of inadequacy; it was so clear. Kaleo could almost reach out and touch it. He longed to see it released. To see him released.

The more it fights, the more it bites...

A knowing smile spread across his face as he stretched out his arm...

But your struggle can wait. Let's save it for another date.

Kaleo slid up the sleeve on his arm, offering it up for branding. In truth, it didn't look like his arm needed any more "branding," as it was covered in a web of scars. Some were old, and some were fresh, but they were quite clearly self-inflicted, snaking all the way up to his elbow.

My canvas could use another mark. I didn't come this far just to fear the dark.

Guruk Shamad
Abaddon Prison - The Basement

Guruk removed the poker from the fire, the Circle symbol blazing red at the end of it. He grinned at the thought of placing its hot metal against Kaleo and was curious whether a mute man could wallow in pain. Guruk turned to find Kaleo lifting his sleeve, revealing the scars created by his own hand. The orcish man's brow furrowed slightly at the sight and the orc again questioned whether or not this man was pure enough to welcome Aditi's return. He thought back to Maric and the lowlife that he once was; living on the streets, entrenched in addition. If that incubus can redeem himself, then I am hopeful for this man as well.

Guruk moved toward Kaleo and placed his large hand on the man's shoulder, forcing him to his knees. "It's easier to brand you when you're on the ground, Kaleo. No hard feelings." He raised the poker to Kaleo's arm, stopping its burning metal just inches away from it. The heat emitting from the poker could be felt against his skin, though it was not touching. Guruk held tightly onto Kaleo's shoulder to ensure he wouldn't struggle against the inevitable pain. With a quick motion he pressed the hot brand into his arm, burning flesh could be smelt and a sizzling sound filled the room. A grin appeared on Guruk's face once again as he watched Kaleo. He slowly removed the brand, the sizzling subsided but the smell of his burning flesh lingered. He turned to walk away, placing the poker at the side of the fire pit and then returned to face Kaleo.

"If you fail to redeem for your sins and continue to be a stain in our world, I don't care how useful you are, Kaleo or that Hi'dric wants you around. I will not allow for the chance of Aditi not to return because of that. I will kill you." He said, his arms relaxed at his side. "Welcome to The Circle of Sanctity, my brother."

Last edited:
Kaleo - Abaddon Prison - The Basement
Kaleo's eyes widened when Guruk placed his hand on his shoulder and forced him to the ground, his legs crumpling underneath him. His breath caught in his throat. There it was again. The fear... He could feel his heart beating faster. He couldn't escape it; always there, always watching, waiting... Kaleo watched Guruk lift the branding iron, his muscles tense. Fear grips you all in the end...

NO.

Kaleo gritted his teeth. You forget, beast, that I am the master here. You might see me, but it's into you I peer. You might consume people like this man here, but I am the one you can never touch, Fear.

We'll see about that.

Kaleo could feel the heat radiating off the branding iron as it hovered above his skin, threatening the pain that was to come. Kaleo inhaled, closing his eyes. 1... 2... 3... As the iron met his skin, he exhaled, the sound of his breath releasing merging with the sound of his own burning flesh. His muscles relaxed as he felt the searing pain on his arm, and he opened his eyes, looking up at Guruk. His eyes narrowed when they locked gaze, as if Kaleo were challenging him. The branding was completed.

When Guruk turned to return the poker, Kaleo climbed to his feet, his body relaxed even as the mark on his arm still steamed. He touched it softly, before absently wiping his fingers across the red paint on the bridge of his nose. He glanced up when Guruk turned around again.

"If you fail to redeem for your sins and continue to be a stain in our world, I don't care how useful you are, Kaleo or that Hi'dric wants you around. I will not allow for the chance of Aditi not to return because of that. I will kill you."

You've seen how I handled the beast in the room. I'll teach you to handle it the same way, soon. You can threaten me all you want, but there's nothing on earth for me that can daunt.

Hi'dric Varon Normell- Hi'dric's Office
Hi'dric nodded towards Jocasta. "I will agree with you there. Kaleo is an interesting person." Just as he was about to say more, Maric's voice was heard from the other side of the door. With the mention of Xena, Hi'dric straightened up his posture. "Come in." he said, before turning to Jocasta. "I want you to stay for this dicussion but what you hear or say does not leave this office. Maric or I will inform Guruk and Sunil ourselves if it calls for that."

Xena Mythriel Al'vyon
Abaddon Prison - Near the Entrance

"Come in." The voice resounded from inside the office. Xena stared at Maric for a moment, as she seemed to place the voice. It held a certain superiority in it, the voice of a leader. She wondered what kind of person the overseer was. Was he the gentle leader type? The stern leader type? Regardless, it was almost certain that she will be treated with respect, especially since they wanted something from her. Hi'dric. That's what Maric called him. She was eager to meet the man behind the name.

The door opened, and what she saw inside made her tense. There she was, the woman from earlier... Jocasta. She still has no idea why this woman hated her, why she stormed off earlier, and this made her slightly nervous. Beside her, however, was a man she had not seen before, which was not strange considering she barely left the Sanctuary before today. She made a respectful nod, meeting the man's eyes and somehow finding them... odd. She didn't know why. "Thank you for having me." she murmured as she made a small smile. "I'm Xena Mythriel Al'vyon. Nice to meet you."

Jocasta nodded in acknowledgment and straightened her own posture as well. She didn't want to be looked down upon. When Xena and Maric entered, she lifted her chin up a little bit to try and shelter the doubt banging around in her thoughts. Jocasta didn't speak. She merely laid a brief eye on Xena, then Maric. Even though Jocasta didn't want to be here, she knew why Hi'dric wanted her to stay for the conversation. She was a witness. A witness for them both. Jocasta stood silently as the lady introduced herself to Hi'dric. Her stomach knotted inside. Hopefully, this talk would be over before she knew it.

Back