Ame Damnee The Abaddon Prison

Hi'dric Varon Normell-Hi'dric's Office
"Ah, Xena."
He said, offering her a smile. "It is wonderful to finally meet you and I also must give my personal thank you for your help." He said as he studied Xena more. "I am glad to see you two here anyway, I've had some things brought to my attention about a conversation between the two of you." He snapped his eyes to Jocasta. "While the method had not been encouraged by anyone to do so, she told me what she had heard." Hi'dric turned his gaze. "I understand if you can't tell me everything, but I need to know enough that I can deem whether or not it dangers the Circle."

Maric Vakarian - Hi'dric's Office

Maric's eyes widened with shock when Hi'dric mentioned their conversation being overheard. He followed his superior's eyes over to Jocasta and he felt himself starting to burn with rage again. "So you were spying on us Jocasta. I had a suspicion but was hoping I was just being defensive because of the stress I was under at the time. I'm disappointed, furthermore I'm disgusted by your behavior at her estate. Asking questions to her about a past that you knew she couldn't remember." The words were filled with venom, contempt for the woman he thought was his friend.

He ran his hand through his hair and turned back to Hi'dric. "I had planned on informing you of everything once I had figured it out myself Hi'dric, but since I don't know exactly how much Jocasta overheard, I'll tell you the whole story, or at least as much of it as I can remember. When Buttercup and I went to Xena with our desire to use the sanctuary, we had an encounter with some sort of Daemon. I came into contact with the daemon, Wroth is his name, and it unlocked a peace of my past that had been sealed away for at least 300 years. Xena here had a similar encounter that started to unlock her memories as well, we don't remember all of the details, but a good piece of the information has been recovered."

He sighed as he began the long tale. "Xena and I were once part of a group called the Harbingers, warriors chosen by Satan to collect souls for him. Wroth was also a member which I think is why contact with him triggered the return of my memory. However, due to Satan's trickery, we were torn apart and our memories were ripped away from us by a beast called Legion. I'll let Xena explain what happened to her after that, but my lack of memory, combined with my ability to shift personalities, led me to have a mental breakdown as I couldn't remember which personality was mine anymore."

His eyes were filled with despair as he told that last part. The only one who ever knew about his identity crisis was Buttercup, now he was laying it out in front of his boss, his underling, and the woman he loved. "I turned to drugs and alcohol to escape the pain, and that eventually led to Buttercup finding me, slowly dying of excess in an alley. He was going to kill me, but I struck a deal, my life in exchange for educating him. As we spent more time together we became friends, and he led me to you, a story you already know."

He took a breath, almost done with his story. "Which leads us to today, as Xena and I started regaining our memories, we found that Legion was sealed inside our old friend Wroth. In 3-4 days, Legion will escape his prison and try to destroy me, Xena, the other Harbingers, and probably everyone else on Terrestria. Wroth knows of a way to defeat him however, and is currently on the hunt for that method, while we were summoned here. Did I miss anything Xena?" He said looking to the girl, his grip on her hand tightening slightly in fear.

Xena Mythriel Al'vyon
Abaddon Prison - Hi'dric's office

The thought that Jocasta did that made her nervousness of her turn into a small irritation. So that's what really going on here. Had Maric not been at her side, she wondered what such prodding would have done to her already confused psyche. Her heart broke at the thought of Maric losing himself to a mental breakdown and drowning himself to alcohol and drugs. This was the first time she had heard of this. Her hand squeezed his to give him some comfort. She wanted to embrace him right there and there, but she didn't think the situation was appropriate. It also surprised her that he told the Overseer everything about the situation. He trusts them this much?

The Overseer seemed rather friendly enough, at least that was a start, so she regarded him and said honestly. "The problem with me, Maric and the Harbingers is none of your business. At least, that's what I think personally. Up until recently, I truly believed in the lies my flawed memories have provided me. I will not explain myself, nor my motivations, or my life story." Her resolve has been cemented the moment she walked into this place. Her heart is at war with her mind, but she was slowly making sense of what she wanted to do.

Satan, Lucifer, Mephistopheles...
he was the one who broke her family apart. After they get rid of Legion, what will stop him from doing something else to break them again? She was tired of losing people. So tired... She had to get to the source. And in this universe, there was only one being who could potentially tear Satan apart. The goddess who helped create this world, the goddess who looked away from its darkness... The goddess who has left them.

Her eyes narrowed. Coward.

"However..." she continued as she stared into Hi'dric's eyes. "The reason I am here now is not to talk about our past, or the future of the Circle and the Sanctuary... but to express my interest. I will only ask one question, and I hope you answer me sincerely." she let go of Maric's hand and walked towards the Overseer, stopping just as she was only three feet away from him. There was a fire in her eyes, a strong will. "Will the Circle of Sanctity be able to aid me in figuring out... how to summon Aditi?"

Jocasta feigned innocence when Maric called her out, raising a brow at his accusation. Then, she listened silently to what Xena had to say. The moment Xena discontinued speaking, Jocasta immediately stepped up her game. She took a deep breath and sighed. "Wait, wait, wait," she chuckled, lightly waving her hands from side to side, then placed her hands on her hips. "Maric, you seem to misunderstand. When I was with Buttercup, that's when you told him what happened. Xena collapsed and you caught her, you took care of her. Then, the horned man came over and you put your on him. The only information I knew before you shared your story was the story you told Buttercup and I while you were still out of it. That's all I know. I came out to you and Xena just as you were both making your way to the estate. I was concerned for you. You don't need to believe what I say, but that is the truth."

Hi'dric shook his head with a sigh. "Jocasta is right about one thing this situation is a misunderstanding. Something I expect to be talked out between you and Maric truthfully. I will not stand for ill feelings towards one another especially if they are over or under you. Maric, as angered as you may be, she is still your underling and for us to continue to work smoothly this will have to be something that gets resolved soon." He looked at Maric, conveying reason to Jocasta's actions. He knew how his lover could be, how she felt about things. Through his gaze, he was telling him to at least hear her side of things before placing full judgement. With that taken care of, he turned to Xena. "It may not seem to be my problem in your opinion, Xena, but when Maric says that this threat has the potential to ruin Terrestria, it becomes my problem in my opinion---"

Just as he was about to continue, a knock on the door could be heard. Putting his hand out as a motion to halt the conversation, he looked away from Xena and looked at the door. "Come in." he said. As soon as he spoke, the door opened to reveal a nervous looking messenger who stared wide-eyed at the people who were in the office. "Come, my child, what is it you wanted to say?" The messenger made his way to Hi'dric and whispered a short message to him, which left Hi'dric to sigh and pinched the bridge of his nose. "You may go now." he said, sending the messenger away. Getting up, he walked over to a drawer, pulling out a small piece of paper.

Staring at the paper with sad eyes, he quickly tore the paper in half. A glow shone around the paper halves and his hands before quickly fading away. "May Aditi forgive you, Serena." Looking back at Xena, he sighed. "I would be glad to help you to try and summon Aditi...if I could. I will admit that I have tried in the past and while never successful, we would get somewhere because we had a High Priest. Without one, the effort would be useless." Tossing the papers out of the open window, he shook his head. "She had so much potential too."

He'd felt himself getting red with anger as Jocasta spoke. He couldn't find truth in her words, it was far too convenient for her to have just shown up right when they were about to leave for the Sanctuary. Hi'dric emphasizing the word truthfully helped confirm his suspicions. Hi'dric's words gave him pause however and Maric nodded at his leader's suggestion that they work things out. "Of course Hi'dric."

Xena's words caught him off guard, had he made a mistake by revealing their past? He'd been giving consideration to the idea that the Circle could help them in their quest to defeat Legion. As it stood it was only 4 against one very powerful being. Even with the orbs Wroth told them about, he didn't think they'd have enough. Then she mentioned summoning Aditi, and his jaw almost hit the floor, even more so when Hi'dric admitted to trying that before. This entire situation left his head spinning, so he stayed quiet and trusted in Xena, he knew she'd get what she came for.

Guruk Shamad
Abaddon Prison - The Basement

Voices began to ring in Guruk's ears, though they were very muffled he recognized that one of them belonged to Maric. So the playboy has decided to return, has he? Other voices accompanied his, women's and man's. He could only assume that Hi'dric and Jocasta were the owners of the other voices but who was the second woman? Guruk then remembered hearing Maric in Necropolis, he was with Xena. Did he bring her here? Interesting... They must be meeting with Hi'dric if that is the case. Do they not know that I am here I wonder? The orcish man thought, shrugging it off and setting a mental reminder to brief with them later.

Guruk's attention turned back to Kaleo, he wondered what the man was thinking and sighed heavily. "Make sure you keep that wound clean or else it could become infected." The large man returned to the cabinet, pulling out some type of bandages and walked back toward Kaleo. He reached his hand out, offering the bandages to him. "Take these, it will keep it clean. Once you dress your wound I'll take you to where your room will be."

Last edited:
Xena Mythriel Al'vyon

"Then, I will be your High Priest." Xena said with ho hesitation as she placed her right arm on the office table and her left on her chest, her head turned in Hi'dric's direction, her eyes unfaltering. "In return, I want to get information on how exactly you tried to summon her before. I am serious. Something tells me... that I could help." A smile, white light, a blessing... You are Aditi's gift to mankind. She did not know why those images, those words kept resounding in her consciousness, but she knew. She knew she could do something to pull the goddess back from wherever she is. "Besides... Maric is here, I see no reason for me to not stay by his side."

She didn't know what she was getting into. Slowly, she realized that this organization seem to be a little fishy. Somewhere, she could smell burning flesh. Somewhere, she could smell blood. It might have been just the remains of the last occupants of this prison, but the way Maric looked when he told her to have an open mind... Everything started falling into place.

She's diving into darkness once again. But this time, she wasn't being pulled and drowned into it. This time, it was of her own free will.

Jocasta felt her heart tighten as Hi'dric tore a piece of paper apart and spoke of Serena. She latched onto her beating chest, genuine sadness and pain coming into her eyes. It was almost as if she'd forgotten for a moment that Maric and Xena were in the room. What'd happened to Serena? What did she do? Her heart yanked left and right, conflicted feelings swallowing the pit of her stomach. She felt sick.

Jocasta was eager to know, but she didn't understand why. Was she truly happy for Serena finally taking her leave or was it something else? Jocasta didn't speak, but a small gasp could be heard from her mouth after Xena offered herself up as high priest. Her eyes widened as she glanced up at her, then darted her eyes to Hi'dric.

So quickly? But what about Serena? They don't even know if she's dead or not, or if she did anything wrong.

She bit her lip in an effort to keep herself from saying anymore. She'd already done enough as it was.

Hi'dric studied Xena for a long moment before he gave her a stern nod. "Jocasta, you're free to leave now if you like." He turned his head back to Xena. "I accept your offer and will do what you ask in return, if you can withstand the things we do. The things we do aren't the best but we do what we must in Aditi's name when limits are placed upon you. Maric, if you will at the end of this inform Guruk of what has taken place so that he is not out of the loop of things." Looking back at Xena with a smile, he said, "Welcome to the Circle, High Priest. I give you my trust and my word."

What just happened? Is all that Maric could think to himself as Hi'dric and Xena conversed. He came in here expecting Xena to either reject the Circle, or start from the bottom like he did, instead she asked for the position of High Priest, which apparently Serena no longer occupies, and Hi'dric accepted? This truly was an exhausting day for him. He blushed hard when Xena mentioned staying by his side, it felt exhilarating to hear her say it, Guruk was never one for feelings so he rarely ever said things like that. Speaking of the half orc, he was asked to inform his friend about the events once the meeting was over. "Will do, though I'm surprised you didn't ask him to be present for this meeting. Something happen while I was gone?"

Kaleo - Abaddon Prison - Basement
Kaleo looked at the bandages offered to him in confusion. You burn my arm and do me harm, then threaten my life like the edge of a knife. Why bother to help me heal? I didn't know this was part of the deal... Kaleo hesitantly took the bandages and held them up, causing the end of one of them to fall to the floor. He awkwardly draped it over the brand mark. Between only being able to use one hand and having never bandaged anything before, he was doing a very poor job of patching himself up. Before long, Kaleo had a frown on his face as he managed to get himself all tangled.

Guruk Shamad
Abaddon Prison - Basement

Guruk watched as the mute struggled to bandage his arm, the cloth being thrown around wildly in a rat's nest of a mess. The orcish man sighed heavily watching the circus act being unfolded in front of him. "Let me do it," Guruk stated, growing impatient waiting for him to finish bandaging himself. He reached out and took the cloth from Kaleo, unraveling its tangles from the man and started from the beginning again. He started wrapping the bandage around Kaleo's wounded arm, his eyes focused as the cloth went round and round; he worked quickly. Once complete he took a small step back from Kaleo, "that should do. Don't mistake this for a nice gesture, I would just rather avoid having a sickened member to deal with. It would only slow us down."

Guruk began to walk toward the door, "let's go. We've been down here long enough now."

Kaleo - Abaddon Prison - Basement
Kaleo was irritated that he couldn't manage to bandage himself, but didn't resist when Guruk went ahead and did it for him. He was still staring at his bandaged arm in fascination when Guruk started to leave. Kaleo lowered his arm and trailed after him, seemingly deep in thought.

Jocasta left just as quickly as she came. Her heart pounded in her chest as she hastily traveled down the hallway and made her way to her room. Her fists were clenched tightly as she swung her door open, stepped inside, and shut it behind her and locked it. Jocasta wasn't in the mood to see anyone. She stared down at herself and the dress she'd yet to change out of... blood stains. Her mind flashed back to the boy at the alleyway, pale and sucked dry. The sound of blood pressure rising and the pounding of hearts began to interfere with her contemplation. She sank down against the door, feeling her eyes begin to water. Where was Serena right now? She clawed at her hair and scratched at her arms, trying to find some way to block out the sensory overload.

Get out of my head.

Why Xena?

Go away.

Why her?

Her breath quickened. She placed a hand to her beating heart, being immediately reminded that she was no longer alive. She was undead. She couldn't feel her heart beat. She didn't have a heart beat. A tear fell down her cheek. "That's right. I'm no longer human," Jocasta whispered dejectedly, standing up and beginning to make her way to her bed. A sudden knock at the door stopped her in her tracks.

"Yes?" She made an effort not to sound in distress.

"Jocasta? It's Theo."

"Not in the mood."

"Please, Jocasta. I heard you crying. You can tell me what's on your mind. You know this."

Jocasta stayed quiet for a moment, crying silently before blinking her tears back and making her way back to the door and opening it for Theo. He quietly stepped inside and gently took Jocasta's hand off the doorknob and closed it for her himself, then locked it. "Now, Jocasta," he murmured, gently sitting down with her at the edge of her bed. "What's the matter?" She tried to hold it in. She tried to hold it back.

"You can let it all out with me."

Her lips trembled as she finally burst in tears. "I can't do this anymore! I can't do it, Theo! Serena is- is gone now, I'm some stupid vampire, I ruin everything! I lie to our leader to- to try and make myself feel better, to try and get away from everything and it's driving me insane! I can't do it!" Her head hung over, face buried in her hands. Theo reached over and gently took Jocasta into his arms.

I'll help you, princess. I always do, he thought. Always.

Reactions: Rue
Xena Mythriel Al'vyon

"I accept your offer and will do what you ask in return, if you can withstand the things we do. The things we do aren't the best but we do what we must in Aditi's name when limits are placed upon you." The Overseer told her, and Xena felt like she could breathe again. Well then, at least that's done. She did not expect Hi'dirc to agree and accept her at all. She wondered why he did. Although as she stared into the overseer's eyes, she could not help but see a challenge at his words, even when he smiled at her, she could not help but wonder if this man truly is one to be trusted.

If you can withstand the things we do...

Is this the right decision?
she wondered. What did I get myself into? But she had already decided. There's no turning back now. She nodded at Hi'dric respectfully. "Thank you for having me, Overseer." And then glanced at Maric and gave him a small tired smile, as she saw he's quite surprised. She wanted to get out of the office already. She had so many things she wanted to ask him. She wanted to know for herself... the dark secrets the Circle holds.

Hi'dric nodded once at Xena and Maric. "If there is nothing else, you are free to leave. I will dicuss more with you later on when you have the time Xena." he said, as he began to head out himself. "I have to let Sunil know of recent events."

"Nothing else. Thank you, Hi'dric." Maric said. He opened the door for Xena and exited Hi'drics office. Once they were a good distance away from the office, Maric turned to Xena. "So I have some questions for you, and I'm sure you have questions for me about everything that just happened in there. So what do you say, after I tell Buttercup about you becoming High Priest, we take a break at your place and ask each other everything we want to know? I don't know about you, but I'm exhausted."

Xena Mythriel Al'vyon

Xena nodded as she exited the office with Maric, nodding slowly as she studied Maric's face. She then laughed nervously. "I just got myself in some pretty deep trouble, didn't I?" She nodded at the idea of the two of them resting at her place, although as they walked through the corridors, Xena could not help but worry a little on how she would explain this to Errol. The guy had been clueless on what she's been doing in the past few hours. How had things escalated so quickly? She had no idea. It's just that she had no choice. She wanted to act, and she wanted to act now. Her kinship with Errol had started from her act of kindness, and them sharing a a common wish of wanting a better, less nefarious Abaddon. He deserved to at least know what she's been up to...

She remembered the scene in the Sanctuary. The look in his face. Like he did not recognize her. Maybe she has indeed become unrecognizable recently. She had found this old, hidden piece of her, and in the process, she was losing something else in its place. Now that she knew her priorities, knew her old life, she had let go of her innocence, her naive morals, and maybe... she needs to let go of the companion that has become rather dear to her heart, too.

I can't let him get into this mess. But can I stop him?

"Say, Maric..." she said as she glanced at him. "Why are you in the Circle? Do you truly believe in Aditi for salvation?" She stared into the distance sadly. "Is there even salvation for people like us?"

Maric Vakarian - Prison Main Floor

Maric was silent for a while, his eyes focused on the ground in thought as Xena questioned his reason for being in the Circle. Did he believe in Aditi? Yesterday it would've been a firm no, but now he wasn't so sure. "Why I joined the Circle is easy. It was where Buttercup was. He took some lowlife scum rotting away in a back alley of Abaddon and gave me a reason to live again, gave me an identity again. Buttercup truly believes that he's doing what he has to for Aditi to return, and I want his dream to come true."

He brought his silver eyes to meet hers again, filled with a mixture of both doubt and hope. "Before today, I didn't think I deserved to be saved. Everything I did, I did so that Guruk's soul could achieve salvation. But when I saw you in the Necropolis, with that knife to your throat, I prayed to her. For the first time in my life, I prayed to Aditi, prayed that she give me a chance to talk to you, calm you down, be your shoulder to cry on. Seeing as we're both here now, it feels like she more than answered that prayer. So who knows? There may be hope for us yet.

He took her hand and gave her a little wink. "Now come on, lets go tell Buttercup the good news." He said as they went off in search of his best friend.

Back