Ame Damnee The Abaddon Prison

The sun came and went as fast as Jocasta had remembered. It began to rise once more in the sky, signifying the starting of another day. Her sheets were a mess from tossing and turning around all night. Jocasta rubbed her eyes. She was tired, but that was to be expected. She let out a sigh and stood up, walking over to the basin and splashing fresh water on her face, then drying it with a towel. Jocasta could distinctly remember everything that happened last night, but now that she wasn't so high strung, her head was much clearer and she didn't feel as nervous. Jocasta dressed herself up, grabbed her coin purse, and left her room to go downtown to eat. A little change of scenery never hurt anyone.

Hi'dric Varon Normell- Hi'dric's Office
As Hi'dric left Sunil's room, he immediately headed to his office, his smile and his form falling. He sighed as he sunk down into his chair, just staring at nothing for a long time. He shook his head at everything that happened today until his mind crossed Serena. One of the most devoted people he had ever known and even grown to love as a sister and confidant was gone. Just gone and he carried her blood on his hands. What was he to do? No matter who it was, if they blasphemed the name of Aditi while in the cult and a High Priest at that, it meant death in his eyes.

Still he couldn't help but feel the hole in his heart at Serena's absence, making him do something that he hadn't done in over 400 years. He cried. He let the tears flow out as he turned to the window, watching a new day dawn. Another day of his immortal life, another day to mark him without the ones he grew to love. He cried for his family, his first cult and first lover. He cried for his child that he could never hold in his arms and be a father for. He was given the curse of life when he should have died back then and watching the people he loved around him die for all eternity.

For as much as he spoke about family and love, they always slipped through his fingers. He would always lose them in the end.

Maric, Guruk, Sunil, Jocasta and now Xena. People he had grown to care for as his own. How many more would he lose to the curse that followed him, if they were to be harmed or die, it would be his fault. It would be more blood on his hands because he loved them, because he cared, because he considered them family.

He continued to stare out the window as three last tears fell. One for his past, one for Serena.

One for himself.

Kaleo - Abaddon Prison
Kaleo slipped quietly back into the prison after having been out for the majority of the evening. It was eerily quiet that morning, so he must not have been the only one to go out for some late night escapades. That was good. He had too much to think about at the moment, and it had been several days since he'd had a decent rest. Fear had been unusually active lately. Normally it wasn't nearly so confrontational; happy to sit back and silently watch until Kaleo could feel the hairs standing up on the back of his neck. Why the change? Kaleo scratched at the newest scars on his arm thoughtfully.

Did something happen to threaten you, since you're no longer content to sit there and stew? You like to say that I've weakened my resolve, but I think it's your confidence that starts to dissolve. You said I'm your puppet, but that's just not true. My actions are not at the whim of you.

And then there was that girl. Allanah. He didn't even know what to make of that. One problem at a time, Kaleo. Don't want to burn yourself out, you know.

Kaleo stepped into his room and dropped himself down on the bed. He wished that he could sleep for a while, but he knew that Fear wouldn't allow that. Instead, he contented himself with examining the ceiling as he finally managed to get his thoughts in order.

@Revelree

Sunil Seva
Abaddon Prison - Kaleo's room

A shadow slipped in the space between the door and the floor, slipping inside the room unnoticed, at least until it stopped on the edge of the bed and formed into the human-like form of Sunil Seva, palms cupping his cheeks as he rested his elbow on the mattress, smiling cheerfully and innocently as always. "Good morning, Kaleo!" he greeted enthusiastically. "Been out all night?"

His eyes were unusually energized, the golden flecks in them glowing more than usual. He was holding a piece of paper on his left hand, the one Kaleo had given him earlier yesterday, and he was bouncing up and down a little, evidently excited. "Say, say, I need to talk to you about something! Its urgent! Uh..." he frowned as he seemed to get confused, his eyes becoming unfocused. "What was it again?" he murmured to himself as he pouted and mulled it over.

Kaleo - Abaddon Prison - Kaleo's Room
Kaleo sat up abruptly when Sunil made his sudden appearance, groaning internally at the prospect of more interaction. The boy's excitement only served to make Kaleo want to crawl and hide under the covers, but he refrained from doing so, if only because he knew Sunil would probably just pull the covers off anyway. Kaleo looked at Sunil with tired eyes as he waved the paper around in the air, his shoulders slumped. The lycan then reached out and grabbed the paper, examining the contents that were written on it. His brow furrowed with confusion as he recognized the words.

My poem? What's he want with that? I don't see much that should inspire such a little chat.

Kaleo lowered the paper and waited patiently as Sunil got himself together, his eyes reflecting a mild interest.

Last edited:
Sunil Seva

The golem pouted and tried to remember what was it about the poem that excited him. There was something... something about it... something that made the hair in his neck rise, but he frowned. It can't be... had he really forgotten? What was the poem about again anyway? Fear, isn't it? It doesn't make sense. He stood up and plopped himself on the bed, staring at the ceiling, still trying to remember. But, finally, with a huge grin, he gave up. "I don't know! I don't remember!" he gleefully announced, as he glanced at Kaleo, whose eyes seemed to have gathered a mild interest. Too bad that he could not feed him the information that has piqued his attention. For some reason, though, a different question popped in his head.

"Kaleo... why did you join the Circle? I'm not an idiot, you're not an idiot, I can't fool someone like you with promises of grandeur!" he snickered childishly. "But you're here anyways. Why?" he sat up. Now sitting on the bed facing the werewolf, he tilted his head questioningly.

Kaleo's eyes shifted down to the bed they were sitting on when Sunil asked his question. For one thing, I never had this. Never had the luxury of domestic bliss. He looked back at Sunil, his eyes darkening. But he knew that wasn't really the answer. He hadn't come expecting anything in return, save to be rid of it. Something which the Circle had not been able to offer.

Kaleo then turned and began to dig around in the little nightstand beside the bed, only to find what he was looking for: a piece of paper. Convenient. He pulled the pencil stub out of his pocket and wrote down his answer before passing it over to Sunil. He watched intently as the boy read his note.

I came to be rid of the beast inside, but stayed because of the fears they hide.

Sunil Seva

The boy took the note and read it. The beast inside...? For some reason it rang a bell in his head. Like it was something he should know about... fear. Fear, fear, fear, fear... What was it about the poem that thrilled him again? Something connected to fear. Something connected to Kaleo... he mulled it over once more, but he really could not remember. So instead, he remarked in response to him. "Circle members are interesting people! They always are!" he said as he made a rather proud grin, as if he was a child showing off some cool person that he liked. "That's why... I want them to stay with me. Once this body withers to nothingness... I want to see them again. I want to see you again too!" he said as he pointed at Kaleo. He stared at him again for a moment, then he laughed. "But no matter, you don't need any more of my help to get to that place. He is already dragging you there! That... fiend... what was his name? Phobos? To think someone could escape Satan's notice for so long..." he suddenly paused, before looking confused again. "Memories are weird." he suddenly stated out of the blue. He never made sense of them. But he wanted them. He liked remembering. He liked feeling... alive.

Kaleo watched Sunil with increasing unease. Nothing he said made any sense, and yet he couldn't shake the ominous feeling he felt from his words. Or... Was it really just an ominous feeling? The question was answered within the next few seconds as Kaleo felt something, like an icy grip on his heart. The cold feeling spread slowly spread to his entire body. Kaleo shivered as he was suddenly filled with an intense feeling of dread, his eyes widening in panic.

Then, there was nothing. Kaleo's expression went blank.

Suddenly, Kaleo lunged at Sunil and grabbed him by the throat. His eyes were blazing with so much rage as he put his face within an inch of Sunil's.

How do you know about that?

Sunil Seva

The boy gasped as Kaleo's expression suddenly went slack, and the next thing he knew Kaleo was grabbing him by the throat, his eyes blazing with rage. Then he heard it in his head, the question laced with fury, which only made his lips widen into a smile. "Oh? Fear came to play at last?" he said with a delighted expression, looking not bothered nor alarmed by the fact that he was being choked. It's not like he needed to breathe anyway. He felt like something clicked inside him, something he should know. Ah... yes. Memories are weird. At that moment, he remembered--- what he truly was, what he truly wanted, it was crystal clear. But it did not matter, in the next few minutes, he suspected he was bound to forget again anyway. After all... that's what he wanted.

"Nil." he murmured as he gazed into Kaleo's eyes. But he was not staring at Kaleo, he was staring at something else--- the beast hiding away inside him. "Zero. Nothingness. Nonexistence... It's easy to forget me, Phobos. I forget myself too. But I remember you." he tilted his head a little. "That's right... I remember you. That's... weird." he said with a hint of wonder in his voice.

Phobos - Abaddon Prison - Kaleo's Room
Kaleo stared at Sunil for a moment longer until his eyes lit up with recognition. A smile slowly spread across his face as he released the boy from his grasp.

I knew I recognized you when Kaleo met you! You've certainly put on a lot of weight since our last encounter. And they gave you a name! Fear, or rather, Phobos, snickered. That's cute.

Kaleo sat back on the bed, the picture of confidence. You remember me then? Funny. Then that means you must remember this. Kaleo pulled out Mirage, lazily twirling the dagger in his fingers. His face was thoughtful as the beast continued: Did it hurt when I stabbed you last time? It's hard to tell. You've changed so much since then. Kaleo smirked.

Sunil Seva

Sunil laughed cheerfully as he sat on the edge of the bed, swinging his feet childishly in the air. "I don't know if it hurt. I can't remember! Rather, I had nothing to remember." he shrugged. "But I thank you, Phobos, because I must have been injured well enough to actually be pulled out of hell and inserted into this body. And I like this body! I like being Sunil!" he grinned like a little child. "So~ what is stopping me from opening up the gates right here and now and caging you back to hell where you belongs?" It sounded like a threat, but the boy still had that look of cheerfulness at his face, as if he was just talking with an old friend about what he had for breakfast.

At least yours can talk, Phobos muttered telepathically when Sunil mentioned liking the body he occupied.

Kaleo sat up straighter at the golem's threat, his eyes gleaming with a mixture of humor and veiled danger.
What's stopping you? Nothing at all. Phobos suddenly burst out laughing. Get it?! Nothing? He laughed a little more before finally calming down enough to explain himself. They call you Sunil, right? Nice name. It must feel good to finally get some recognition for who you are. Me though, I've always had my name. Phobos: Father of Fear. So that little thing you're feeling right now, that creeping dread? That's me. You're welcome. Kaleo smiled sweetly. Phobos continued, speaking slowly as if he were explaining something to a child. Since you're new to this whole sentient thing, let me lay it out for you: People like you have this thing called fear, which people like me can exploit. You, Sunil, fear that you will lose your body, your name, your thoughts, your free will. You can send me back to that wretched place if you want, but I promise you this, Kaleo leaned forward with a grin, I'll drag you back with me. No more body. No more thoughts. No more Sunil. Just nothing. Kaleo leaned back again and began to nonchalantly polish the dagger's gleaming edge with his sleeve. Your choice.

Sunil Seva

Sunil laughed once again, as he stared at his hands, smiling rather bitterly. "This body... won't last much longer. I have a year at most, a few weeks in the least. It has served me well and nicely in the past years. I... will fall back there... in that place... alone..." he closed his fist tightly. "Unless of course, I find a new host. Which is highly unlikely, although I have a few candidates." he smiled sweetly. "Regardless... you are right Phobos. I don't want to fall back to nothingness. It is strange to fear the core of your being, but I do acknowledge it. I am afraid, more than anything, to be myself again. So... let's strike a deal, Phobos. I will look away from your escape... but only if you bring out the darkness in everyone in the Circle. The insanity everyone bears inside..." he shivered in delight as his eyes widened, his smile bordering on madness. "I love it! I love them all! That's why I want them to fall. Fall down to depravity... every single of them! Tainted, irredeemable. People are amazing. I want to..." he trailed off, his smile becoming one of longing in his turquoise eyes. "...see them all again, one day."

Kaleo raised an eyebrow. All this time and you never even tried to find a new host? You really are new to this, aren't you? He shook his head before looking up again with a grin. Sunil, you should know better than to ask that! Or have you forgotten my purpose? I've already started working on them. That girl Jocasta, she was so easy to corrupt. She ran off in such a fury, Phobos chuckled. Still, I'll need your help to protect my host from their anger. Despite his flaws, he really does serve me well, so I'd rather keep him intact. He's such a funny man, Kaleo... Thinks he's been working against me this whole time. Do me a favor and don't tell him what you know about me. I've got him right where I want him at the moment, and I don't want you spoiling it. Kaleo glared at the golem.

Sunil Seva

Sunil's grin widened. "Who said I haven't found one? I have two in mind, in fact, and all they needed to do was die for me. They are strong people though, I may have to take matters into my own hands at one point, and I'm not counting on myself that I can take them on, not really. Unlike you, I don't think I can inhabit living people. Nor can I inhabit the weaker of the population. And unlike you, I'm not meant to leave hell, ever." he said as he leaned down on the bed. "I'm just not made out for it, you know. My very presence here is fragile... Hi'dric is amazing. To think he can trap my consciousness into this body so well..." he trailed off, before glancing back at Phobos. "Kaleo is an interesting guy. He has that fire in his eyes... a flame that's not going to die anytime soon. I'd be a little worried if I were you, Phobos. You underestimate him, I bet.

Inhabiting a live host is not difficult if you pick them young enough. Infants work best, Phobos said casually, as if he were just talking over tea with a friend. Their minds are open and malleable, so it's easy to get control early on. Though I'm sure you're right; live hosts are much more susceptible to me than they would be to you. Everyone fears, after all. Phobos laughed before adding, Though you are wrong about one thing: I was never meant to leave hell either. But there are ways to overcome such limitations. Kaleo looked at the dagger fondly before putting it away. Lucifer thinks that because he created us, he has control over us. He's wrong. I am not the first to escape the prison he left us in, and I'm sure I won't be the last. Kaleo's eyes darkened with anger as Phobos spoke of Lucifer, but soon cleared once more when the conversation turned to speaking about Kaleo.

Ah yes, that fire. His resistance to me has caused issues in the past, though I allow it. While it prevents me from easily taking full control like I am now, I believe it's also what sustained him for so long. My other hosts all died before they reached the age of ten, but Kaleo's managed to hold up for twice as long. He's grown quite adept at using my powers as well. Thankfully, he's not too hard to manipulate. His mind is broken enough for me to influence without much effort on my part. Kaleo shrugged. Provided he does not come to his senses, I'll be fine.

Sunil Seva

The child laughed heartily as he replied. "Kaleo is strong willed! I like that!" he grinned. "You see, the problem about live hosts is that I can't occupy anything if there's something there! Who do you think I am, I'm Nil! You can't put nothing in a glass that's already full! That's why... you have to empty it all out first." he shrugged, as he raised his hand, seemingly to reach to the ceiling. "I haven't had contact with the big boss in centuries... I wonder if he's dying already. I hope so. That's why---" he suddenly paused, the delighted expression seeping out of him, as he looked, once again, confused. It was a change so sudden that it was unnerving as he tilted his head, sitting up with a serious expression. "I smell someone." he murmured. He sniffed at the air, his eyes narrowing. "Someone out of place. Touched by Satan himself... touched by madness..." A wide, insane smile passed on his lips. "Interesting!"

Kaleo's body suddenly lurched before he pulled a grim expression. While I'm happy we could work this out, it seems Kaleo is coming back. Don't try to contact me again when he's in control; you'll only make him suspicious. I'm already going to have trouble trying to convince him that this little black out was nothing... In the meantime, feel free to push him to use his powers on the others. He already wants to, but a kick in the pants couldn't hurt.

With that, Phobos fell silent. Within a few seconds, Kaleo's pupils dilated before he blinked. The lycan's body tensed as he looked around in alarm. What just happened? He had never blacked out like that before. That feeling before he blacked out though... Fear. He must have been here. Kaleo locked onto the smiling Sunil, his eyes narrowing in suspicion. Did he somehow talk to it? But I didn't think Fear's thoughts could transmit... Whatever it was, it certainly wasn't nothing.

Sunil Seva

The child looked over to Kaleo and tilted his head, seeing that the demon he was talking to has once again fallen back in the depths of his body. Somewhere inside this man, Fear is stirring, eager to spread chaos--- he liked that! He liked that a lot! He just couldnt wait to see all the things Phobos will do, to drive everyone to damnation, it excited him just to think about---

Blank.

Eh? What was I doing here again?
He blinked, confused, and he stared back at Kaleo who was staring at him rather suspiciously... for some reason. He pouted and placed his hand on his chin, mulling it over. What were they talking about again? Does it matter? It's easy to forget me. I forget myself too. For some reason he seemed to feel very satisfied though, very sated, as if something good has just happened, although he could not point out exactly what. Still, he learned in time to trust these gut instincts, and he stared at Kaleo with an equally bewildered expression. "Did I pass out or something?" he asked curiously.

Back