Ame Damnee The Clock Tower

Aman

Dragon Priestess
Benefactor
Located in the center of the city of Abaddon, The Clock Tower stands tall in the back of the Town Square. The time is always shown in large, black roman numerals, with the hands ticking away every second. As is custom, the bell tolls at 12 AM and 12 PM sharp everyday. Surrounding the tower is the flat, expansive stone circle of the Town Square. Numerous benches for sitting are situated about, and a fountain serenely trickles water in the middle of it all. Slate paths branch out and guide travelers across the city with wooden signposts to accompany them; leaving one little to be confused with about direction.

This is where residents come to meet up, and take a look around at the many stalls and street performers available for one's viewing pleasure. A lot of stealing tends to happen in the bazaars that line the streets, underneath the many archways and buildings in the square. There is also a surplus of maple and oak trees that become barren and stripped of leaves in the winter.

Last edited by a moderator:
Aeriseth
Town Square

In light of such a rare occasion and her required presence, Aeriseth strolled down the streets leading to the town square slowly, taking her time with every step. Next to her, two guards walked by her sides, to protect their lady mistress if anyone were to attempt an attack on her. Not that she would need them, really; but with fame comes those who detest you, and surely she would want to make a good appearance. Because this was her city. These were her people. She took it all in with nothing more than a smug expression, her lips curling into a smirk on one side. How foolish of them, to think that The Temptress really cared for their fleeting lives. 'Oh, Lady Aeriseth,' they would pray, on their knees at the mere sight of her. 'Oh, Lady, bless us with good fortune.' How it made her chuckle to think of the short and meaningless lives of her subjects; how they went through their days thinking that the things they did actually mattered in the end. As her platform boots stepped over the stone path leading to the Clock Tower, she tossed her blonde hair over her shoulder and smoothed her dress out. Running a ringed finger over her lips, the woman cracked a wicked smile as she observed the individuals who were setting up for the Ethos. It didn't matter, she thought. Nothing did; not after a millenium of watching those around her die.

Her advisers rushed around the square, giving orders and waving their clipboards with their lists around in the air. The succubus walked up to a woman tending to the flowerbeds and ran a hand through her hair, smiling sweetly. "My dear, those flowers are looking almost as radiant as your forest green eyes." With that smooth line, the woman blushed and smiled back at Aeriseth bashfully. "Thank you, Majesty." Tilting her head, she brushed her fingers over the other woman's, coming closer to her ear. "How would you like to st-"

"Lady Aeriseth!"

Peeved, the woman stood up, taken from her little interactions with the delicious-looking maiden. She crossed her arms, raising an irate eyebrow at the soldier who stood before her. Giving a look to each of the guards next to her, they bowed and left her side, wandering off to take their posts elsewhere. The soldier stood straight and tall, his helmet betraying no signs of his hidden face. "The Ethereal, Ms. Anariel, has requested yours and Lord Alexander's presence at the gates. What shall I tell her?" Oh, now wasn't this a surprise? A wide grin suddenly split over her face, and she rested a gloved arm firmly over the soldier's metal-plated shoulder. A pleasant surprise, indeed. Why, Anariel, the lovely archangel woman.

"You need not tell her anything, dear Knight. I will be heading there myself." Letting go of him and completely forgetting about the girl she was previously hitting on, Aeriseth begun walking down the road to The Fringe. It would be faster to just fly there, or simply use her powers - but what fun would that be? She was in no hurry, and whatever the Ethereal had to tell her, surely it could wait. She passed by her subjects as she walked, the soldier trailing behind her, silent as a bat. "Important duties to attend to, lovely folk. As you were." And with hesitation they broke from their awe, bringing their attention back to their preparations. As for Lady Death? She had a date to catch, and oh how rude it would be if she were late.

Eddie the Black- Town square

He'd set up his stage just in front of the Clock Tower, a suitable backdrop for what was sure to be the Angel's most spectacular performance yet. Eddie's stage was simplistic, no extravagant decorations or special effects to help enhance the experience. Though he could've paid for them, he didn't need such paltry appliances to enhance his song. No, the only thing he needed was beautiful Michelle. As he brought the flute to his lips to begin practicing, he noticed Lady Aeriseth walking amongst the riff-raff.

Perfect. Eddie thought, he'd long wanted to catch the lady's eye, a member of the envoys would be a powerful ally after all, and as she seemed so accustomed to admiring a person for their 'talents', he figured Ethos was the perfect time to capture her attention. He began his normal practice routine, the smell of fresh brewed tea wafting from Michelle, when he heard Lady Aeriseth announce her departure. While this was a minor setback in his plans, he didn't fret much, he had all day, and a lot of money to make off of these weak minded fools.

Astaroth disguised as one of his secondary forms, Stephano Collins . Town square.

An old looking vampire was walking towards Eddies stage just in front of the clock tower. Two of his servants, one male and one female humans were following him, both well dressed and presented, as the ocassion required it.

Astaroth enjoyed these festival, the one day he gave himself free, to just wander around while gathering some of his information, delicious, information. He had already been informed about one of the archangels visit, and wondered if it had anything to do with the funeral in New Eden. Maybe Uriel would summon him that night to quiet his sobs, as he did on occassion. But for now, aa the observer he was, that was his place. He stared up at the angel on stage. He knew about this boy. Eddie. He had organised quite the disruption in New Eden on his own time... only to be kicked out. Poor bastard.

Hah, like hed pity anyone for what

The Clock Tower
- Town Square -
Taavi

Taavi scowled viciously at the flowing mass of filth that was Abaddon's citizenship. He had forgotten what day it was, only to be rudely reminded when he awoke to the chiming of clock towers and his familiar streets were crowded with stalls and music and laughter. Granted, they might have been setting up all week and he was too high to take notice.

He wasn't high now though. No, he was perfectly, miserably, sober and very aware of the time since he'd last eaten properly. The press of mortals, their heartbeat thrumming in a buzz of disharmony, was enough to draw out his fangs and water his mouth. No. Not yet. He wasn't quite hungry enough for a hunt and picking off one of these sheep would be easier than picking up one of those goblets offered in the stalls. No, not yet. He had a different sort of hunger today.

He had lingered too long at the fringe of the crowd, and a few had taken notice of his brooding scowl. He was getting a few too many side glances and a few stared straight on as he pushed himself from the wall and stepped into the crowd. The press of them assaulted his senses, and he had not fed recent enough to influence their mind to move, but his prize was worth this hassle. His mind hungered for it - for the sweet silence that came with the poisonous drugs. Dealers would be out in droves. He only needed to find the right one.

Lila Nender -Town Square
Lila's excitement grew as she watched the crowd move about their day as was to be expected, after all today was a celebratory day. Her left hand twitched slightly as she eagerly pinpointed her next target. From the looks of the target he was a very rounded man with an air of arrogance around him. Not that Lila cared at all about his possibly charming personality but she did care about the charming presents that were in his pockets.

Mind made up, she stepped into the crowd and made her way to the round man. For a split second, Lila was surprised to not see a gaurd around the man if he was at all wealthy but again not her problem. In fact, it made things all too easy. She finally reached him and positioned her hand near his person as she turned in a way to make it seem like she bumped into him.

Her quick fingers worked as the man turned to see who it was that dared to bump into him and by the time he registered it was Lila, her pockets weighed more than they did before.

Last edited:
Eddie the Black - Town Square

As the people began filing into the square, Eddie brought his warm up to a close. He could see a crowd beginning to form around him and why wouldn't they? He's the most famous and well played musician in Abaddon, of course people would come out in droves to see him. He stood up and addressed the crowd "Welcome, good citizens of Abaddon, I wish you a grand time on this, our cities greatest festival." He reveled in his performance, the people roared in approval, eating out of the palm of his hand. "Now to start our Festival of Ethos I'd like you all to have a little fun, and enjoy the sensual sounds of Eddie the Black!"

With that he resumed his seat, kissed Michelle for luck, even though he knew he wouldn't need it, and began to play a sultry and sensual tune. The world became tinted in a red glow, not to invoke violence, but lust, the aroma of scented candles filled the air, and Eddie began to observe how the will of the people reacted to the sensation. He was looking for his targets."

The Clock Tower
- Town Square -
Taavi to Eddie

Taavi twitched out of his moody thoughts when someone shouted over him and the others middling around him. The... musician by the look of his flute, was rousing the others to enjoy the festivals and blah blah blah blah..

Taavi glowered at the far too spunky magician and he reached up, adjusting the hood of his coat to better shield him from the sun. All this noise, commotion, and.. brightness was really giving him a headache.

And then the music began to play. The flute's music was slow and sultry, its music flowing over the crowd with practiced ease, drawing their attention as the soft scent of flowers. Taavi paused to look around him, his eyes narrowed at the tint of red. For a moment he thought it was in his head, but he saw others reacting, their gaze captivated with the lone musician and Taavi rounded his attention upon him, his eyes narrowed.

His teeth flashed in a brief hiss before he turned and moved on. The spell was captivating, but Taavi, at least at the moment, was sober enough not to fall prey to it. Of course, that didn't mean he was interested in stopping the musician from having his fun. They were both hunters in their own way.

Astaroth, disguised as one of his secondary forms. Stephano Collins

The man listened to Eddie's music. He could tell the magic and the actual musicality appart without even thinking much about it. It was easy enough.. however, he could tell that his current form liked the music, and might have fallen for it had not been Astaroth in control of the situation. Good thing that he was there... for Stephano, anyways. He surely didn't care.
Giving his servants a slap on the face woke them up from their music adorability trance like state easily enough, and shaking his head disaprovingly got them scared enough that they wouldn't fall in the claws of the dark musician anymore.

~Town Square-Lila Nender~
Lily picked off a few more people, celebrating though most of her collectings weren't the best. It was something though. She was about to go on about her business when she heard music playing, it peaked her interest as she followed the sound of the music.

As she neared, she saw where the music was coming from. She finally got to the stage, standing near the back of the crowd that gathered and listened to the music playing, noticing something was a bit off about it but couldn't quite place it.

As he brought his first song to a close, he evaluated his original test. While most of the crowd seemed simple minded enough to shower him with adoration, there were three members on the fringes of the crowd that caught his attention. First there was the young auburn haired girl, she was covered in scars which told Eddie that whatever her profession was, it was violent and she was careless. Her will seemed moderate and he figured he'd press his luck there and influence her feelings toward his music, from mere curiosity to adoration.

Second was the silver haired vampire sulking through the crowd, he'd noticed that one bare his teeth at him and figured it wasn't worth his time, letting the influence drop. The third though, that caught his full attention. The old vampire had will like iron and removed the effects of his music with ease. Eddie may be a gambling man, but knew that there were some bets you just didn't take and dropped his influence from the vampire and his entourage, shooting him an apologetic look in the process. Hopefully he'd find that acceptable.

With his targets narrowed down, his next song began, an jaunty tune that was set to bring the audience to a roar. Michelle tinted the world pink and if she had been teasing them before, his flute was now trying to bring the audience to orgasmic levels of ecstasy. His order flew through the frenzy, by the end of it the crowd will draw the attention of every person within the square, showering praise and coin upon him. That' may hopefully be enough to draw the attention of someone important.

Dareth DiValli - Town Square

Oh not this arsehole, Dareth thought as he heard the flute. Today IS going to be a bad day. How am I supposed to play my music here? He thought bitterly. While he knew that he's a far more talented musician, he couldn't compete with magic. Dareth knew the flute must've been enchanted. It was the way people looked at the musician. They didn't adore the music, they adored him, he realized back then. Ruining music with magic, trapping weak minded people in the endless cycle of admiration. No, I can't compete with that. It was one of these days when everything simply seemed unjust.

No, I won't simply let him have this.
He grinned. Magic's magic, sure. But he could tell that the man didn't play his instrument out of love for his music. So he strolled to the other side of the Town Square and plucked his lute for a short moment. It has seemed like Viola was ready for him. People started to stare. Delightful.

"Good people of Abaddon, the festival is starting soon! Let's welcome it with a classic, 'How the Maiden sharpened my sword'!", he exclaimed, his smile contagious. The flute sounded beautiful, that's why he had to be crude, funny and charming. He could start his wonderful ballads after getting enough attention. And thus far, this seemed to be working. More and more people were gathering to hear this song full of double meanings and innuendos. I don't need magic to control people. I just have to know what they want. He laughed, "... and so she sat on my sword!" While some noble ladies seemed disgusted, the general audience seemed to love it. I suppose everyone wants to laugh at something, Dareth thought to himself.

"And now the 'Warden's little soldier'!"

~Lila Nender- Town Square~

Lila was listening to the new song Eddie was playing, actively enjoying the sound of music. In her opinion, there were very few who could play the flute really good, and this guy was one of them. She closed her eyes for a minute to enjoy the music more until a loud voice rung out, turning her attention away from the flute player.

When she turned towards the voice, she saw that the man was already starting to play his song. As a person who enjoyed stringed instruments more than instruments like the flute, her curiosity was intrigued once again as she wanted to walk over to the other musician. Albeit the walk was hesitant as she looked back to the flute-player, lingering for a bit more. I mean he was a really good musician but she had ears for everyone and with that she left, wanting to hear from the other musician.

Last edited:

The sound of a familiar voice caused Eddie's song to falter just for a moment. As he brought the song to a close he allowed those whom he'd kept under control to shower him with their coins, as he stood up and looked directly at the drunken fool that this City dares to call a musician. The brown haired miscreant had often been a thorn in Eddie's side, always finding a way to play his primitive lute in the exact same place Eddie would perform.

Perhaps the fool was merely jealous of Eddie's superior ability, or perhaps he was so inebriated he simply couldn't see as far as Eddie's own stage, regardless, there was only going to be one bard successful today, and that was going to be him.

As Dareth's song winded down, Eddie addressed his own crowd. "Ho folks, look who we have with us, if it isn't Abaddon's favorite intoxicated imbecile Dareth Divalli!" The word favorite was dripping with sarcasm as his peons turned to rain a chorus of boos down onto his opponent. "How are you today Dareth? I confess I did not expect to see you out today, much less see you sober enough to play a decent tune." He quickly glanced to see the young girl he'd subtly manipulated earlier on the edge of Dareth's crowd. Curious, something to look into later. He thought to himself.

"Well if we two bards are going to perform together, how about we make a little competition out of it, eh? Whichever bard the crowds like best at the end of Ethos shall be declared the winner!" He declared as the crowds roared in approval. He knew the ruffian could never best him one on one, and today he was going to prove it.

A challenge, ey? Dareth grinned. Now this has taken an interesting turn. While under normal circumstances hearing people boo might throw him off, he brushed it off. Couple of minions, and I do enjoy a challenge.
"You're on!", he said with a broad smile, "Now be careful, I know how much you enjoy to blow, but don't waste your breath too much." Now Dareth knew that he can't really back down. This was entertainment in the purest form. People laughed at that. "I'm not nearly drunk enough to listen to you babble again, so how about we kick this off?"

That's when he noticed her. A rather curious looking, auburn-haired girl. She seemed torn between the two musicians, as if she could decide who to listen to.
"Every contest needs a judge, no?", he smiled affectionately. I never learn, do I? "And who better decide than the fair lady in the middle!" Her eyes twinkled, or so he thought. She seems like a person who sticks to shadows. Have I made a mistake?
But it was too late now. The challenge was on. I may not have magic, you posh airhead. But I do have passion. And many people in Abaddon do too. I'm gonna show it to you.

With that in mind, he still watched the girl. His crimson eyes searching for every single detail that might betray her. There was something about the way she carried herself. You know how cruel life can be, don't you?

He thanked Talis in his mind. He gave him a really stiff drink. Just what he needed for this. However he noticed a small tremble in his hands. Not now. I'll take a dose afterwards and everything will be fine. Until then music's gonna be my drug.

~Lila Nender-Town Square~

Things have taken quite a turn.
Lila thought as she watched the banter between the two musicians with amusement. She turned her gaze between the both of them curious as to how it would turn out. Both were very talented after all, it would be very entertaining to see the outcomes. Plus she wanted to figure out the difference between the two musicians, beside the choice in instruments that is. She could tell Eddie's music was different from what she usually heard and it bothered her not knowing what made it different or why she was so enthralled by the mentioned's music.

Well, it wasn't like she was going anywhere. She had some people in thought that she had profiled earlier and the distraction by the bards made a good cover for her sticky fingers. She thought this out a little more barely making note of Dareth's talk of contest judges. She was in the process of laying her illusion down and ducking into the crowd until she heard, "And who better decide than the fair lady in the middle!" She snapped her gaze quickly to the lute player and dropped her illusion, secretly hoping no one noticed it and lifted an auburn eyebrow in response. Well, this puts a little hole in my plan but this is far more entertaining. she thought as she cracked a grin.

"I would be honored to act as judge for two fine musicians." She nodded her head downward a bit before looking back and forth between the two musicians once more. Today was turning our to be very interesting after all.

Astaroth, sitting on a bench. Closer to Dareth than to Eddie.

The old vampire had walked off with his two servants, and sat on a bench, however his servants continued to stand. And he sat sideways so he could watch both sides of the... competition. One competitor would be using magic, the other, talent. Or so it seemed.
Astaroth himself preferred music with meaning. Songs where the lyrics told a story of some sort. And he knew that Stephano prefered more classical music, without lyrics. Mmm... it would surely be interested. He directed both competitors an amused glance, smiling mischievously from the bench where he had sat down.

The Clock Tower
- Town Square -
Taavi
The flute was bad enough. Why did someone think it was a good idea to bring more noise into the wretched mess? Taavi flinched at the first tugs of the lute's strings, and it quickly got out of hand after that. If he were a lesser man, he may have covered his ears and screamed until he drowned the rest of the world out. But he wasn't quite that petty, and he'd rather not have that sort of attention laid upon him. He just needed to find somewhere quieter.

No, he needed to find someone who could get him high enough that he didn't care about the noise or the crowds, but baring that he needed quiet.

The noise makers were shouting banter between each other now. Taavi rolled his eyes, adjusted his hood, and stalked past the last of the cheering crowd and into a side street, heading towards the less populated, more desperate part of the city.

"Then it's decided!" Eddie declared "I suggest you warm yourself up with some adequacy Dareth, for when Ethos truly begins , I'll show you what a real master musician can do!" He held Michelle aloft and the crowed cheered in excitement and adoration. So, the fool decided to include that girl... does he know something about her that I do not? He thought to himself. He figured that since he still had some time before Ethos started properly, he'd converse with the girl, figure out what her tastes were.

He knew what people thought of his abilities. Those who understood that he used magic to influence the minds of others thought that he was tainting the vision of music, that he had no true talent. Fools, all of them! They would never understand the subtleties that come with such a power. To properly influence a mind, the seeds of admiration must be placed before Eddie could truly take their mind over. If he were a truly awful musician, then while someone of a moderate will might be fooled into believing they enjoyed his music, they'd return to reality once the song ends and question why they found him enjoyable at all. A weaker mind can bend to his will, but if that mind despised him, those around that mind would observe the sudden change and cry foul play. He's had 65 years to learn how to perform Michelle's hypnotic sounds with such accuracy and precision that he wouldn't even need his powers to be considered one of the best musicians in Abaddon, his powers were just a bonus.

He approached the maiden Dareth had asked to judge their competition. "Why hello there my lady." He said as he took her hand and gently kissed it. It was times like this when he was at his most charming, he needed to make the girl feel special, then he could have her eating out of the palm of his hand. "Tis rare to see such a lovely maiden, pray tell my dear, what is your name? And, if I may be so bold, what is your particular taste when it comes to the ever expansive art of music?"

Hu, we're not doing this now?
Dareth put his palm on his face. He was ready to sleep through the festival, drunk and miserable. He hated festivals with a burning passion, however his passion for music was even stronger. "A master musician, huh?", he mumbled to himself.

"If only you were older and more experienced, I'd listen to your music. It has no meaning as it is, Dareth. It sounds wonderful, yet it never told me anything of importance. You must learn how to make other people feel the music. You must learn how to tell a story. Only then you'll become the musician you hope to be. A master musician."
Dareth gripped Viola. "Be sure to watch.", he whispered sadly, "I'll be the musician you wanted me to be."

Then he noticed that the flute-blower was talking to the girl he chose as the judge. Perfect, he grinned, just dig your hole deeper. He knew she'd be a fair judge. A girl like this... there was something special about her. Plus she could resist his music. That's why she wasn't a part of his crowd. Dareth himself never understood why he wasn't enthraled by the music as others were.

He went to them and laughed nonchalantly. "Well Ed, I look forward to it. So, be here when Ethos starts. I'd be a shame if you caught cold feet. And don't worry, I won't intrude you lovebirds. Just wanted to say thanks to the lady for taking her time. I'll see you around.", he said, waving his hand, his back already turned and he swiftly walked away. Good. I can take it now. Just need to find someplay safe. Oh, the tavern.

That's when he noticed the old, strange vampire sitting on a bench. The vampire was surrounded by two servants. We're all looking for someone to laugh at, no matter the age. I'm sorry, seems like you'll have to wait, he thought as he smiled at him. But there was this air about him. He couldn't put his finger on it, only later he realized that it was the same feeling he felt while confronting Wroth. The aura of immense power.

As he walked away, he vowed to beat the flute player. He felt it was the right thing to do. I won't be bested by someone who plays music just to taste control. I'll show you, Ed. Just you wait. This will be the first time in a long time that I'll be playing the lute sober. Ready yourself! Prodigy, virtuoso, savant... I've been called all of these things. I'm ready to hear that I'm the best as well. You are precise with your music, but I am passionate. I make people feel the music without the use of magic. So raw talent and passion against magic and precision. I look forward to it, Ed.

And with that, he was gone.

Back