Ame Damnee The Clock Tower

Lila was rather surprised when Eddie approached her but gave the man a smile to the fair maiden comment. Right away she knew that he was a man of words, something about Eddie reminded her of her uncle. Whether it was the air about him or they way he spoke she didn't know but what she did know was how to dance around people like her uncle and if her judgement of character is correct,which it usually was, she could dance around him as well. Though she did want to tread the waters carefully if her assumption was wrong, which could lead to a bad misunderstanding or something of those sorts. Heck, this is the perfect opportunity to find out exactly what his music was.

With the same smile, she indulged answering Eddie's questions, "My name is Lila, good sir. And taste in music? I like music that is satisfying to me, in sound and talent. I wouldn't want to listen to someone who doesn't have the decency to dedicate themselves to music and only plays for a quick copper. Which leads me to my question if I may be so bold, your music has something different to it, something I've never heard before. What is it that makes it different?" Lila looked Eddie directly in the eyes as she asked this question, trying to find anything that might go against his demeanor.

Last edited:
Astaroth disguised as his second form, Stephano Collins. Sitting on a nearby bench

Astaroth chuckled from the bench where he was sitting " His music sounds magical, doesn't it? " he commented, amused. The poor boy was in trouble now, wasn't he?. Well maybe he shouldn't have hypnotised his servants...

Eddie the Black - Town Square

The old man's comment irked Eddie slightly though he kept it from registering on his face. Though he realized the vampire had felt his influence and knew what it was, this girl seemed to register that something was off, but couldn't perceive what it was. As such he decided to tell her the truth, but not the whole truth.

Ah, I see you are a woman of astute perception, same to you fine sir." As he pointed to the seated man. "Most would never have been able to notice the subtle difference. It's true, my music is different from most others, and I owe it all to my darling Michelle here." He produced the flute for her to observe. "This flute was a gift to me from my father before he passed away, little did I know at the time that it had certain magical properties."

"You see, in the hands of the right musician, Michelle can alter the listeners perception in a manner that enhances the emotional impact of the music. If I were to play a song of a melancholic nature, Michelle would tint the world around us with a shade of darkish blue, and emit a smell that triggers a feeling of melancholy, like a forest after rainfall. Now a common misconception is that Michelle can create these smells for any musician. That's not the case, as I found out the hard way when I was young, one must have mastered the art of the flute for Michelle's influence to work in perfect harmony with the musician, and that is a cause I have dedicated over half of my life to perfecting."

"There you have it Lila. The secret to my music. So what are your thoughts about my dear Michelle here?"

Last edited:
Lila nodded in understanding. So the flute was magical and creates triggers for an emotion that would make the listener relate to whatever emotion the song that was played called for. "Understandable. I'm impressed that you have master the art of a enchanted flute and she is a very beautiful instrument." She said, glancing at Michelle. The flute was a beauty. Looking at it, spoke volumes of its' magic and shows promises of providing beautiful music. Which was shown in the earlier show but even so...

She glanced over to Astaroth. He knows something more about Eddie's magic. I know it truly isn't my business but now I'm just more curious. Maybe she could just take the truth as it is or... "Though I must say that I am of a curious nature, my dear, did you dedicate yourself to the magic of the flute or the music? Would people that listen to you adore the music you play or you?

Reactions: Rue

Eddie raised an eyebrow at the girl's question. He'd underestimated her, this girl while moderate in will, seemed to posses a keen intellect. Eddie was always fascinated by people who tried to deduce his philosophies, not only did they challenge his own mind, they made him want to understand theirs. He was definitely starting to like Lila.

"What an fascinating question, I confess, its rare for someone to ask me why I chose to take up the life of a musician, most people tend not to care. To answer though, I ask you another question, why couldn't I do both? There is a power in music, its beauty allows you to send a message, to show people what you believe in, and I treasure that ability, and the magic held within my Michelle allows the message and the sentiment behind it to become enhanced. As for what people would adore, well how can they adore the music without adoring the man who creates it?" He winked and gave her a chuckle at that.

"You are a very interesting woman, Lila. For as much as I detest that drunken oaf Dareth, he actually made an excellent decision in choosing you to be our judge. Win or lose, I would look love to get to know you better as Ethos continues if you wouldn't mind." He's had many dalliances before, but the ones he remembers best, were with people who could make him think, it helped that the girl was attractive, but what attracted him most was her brain. He had to learn who this girl truly was.

Astaroth listened quietly while they talked, ready to make another intervention

"Ah but people take adoration... too far sometimes, don't they?. " the old vampire commented. " like murder..." he added, in a lower tone but perfectly hearable.

Lila smiled at Eddie's answer to her question. They seemingly viewed life in the same way, though in different fields of life. One through a musical nature and one through a materialistic nature. It was rather interesting to come across someone of the same mind. In a way she saw it as a challenge and she could never turn down a good challenge. As she thought, she was a bit surprised by Eddie's offer to get to know her. Her surprise due to the fact that very few people care to mingle with some one of her character. I mean who was she to be trusted?

With a smirk, Lila lay her hand across her heart and batted her eyelashes jokingly. "You flatter me, darling." she paused, " But I do find you intriguing. So I'll take you up on that offer." That was then she heard Astaroth's comment.

She smiled and turned her gaze to Astaroth. "That's a good lesson to learn, isn it?"

Eddie's right fist clenched at the old vampire's second interruption. He could feel flames starting to rise from it. Who was this old man, and why did he seem to know so much about Eddie's past. Luckily Lila didn't seem to notice and her comment gave him enough time to regain his composure and douse the flame in his right hand.

"It certainly is. Well I should probably continue warming up, Ethos will be starting any minute now, but I'll be looking forward to our chat later Lila, it's been a pleasure." He kissed her on the hand again and returned to his stage. Trying to shake off the paranoia that damn vampire left him with. He'll deal with that later, right now he has a contest to win, and a lady to charm. It's going to be a fun day.

Lila smiled once more at Eddie as they parted ways and Lila turned her attention to the tavern, not before looking over to Astaroth. Shaking her head, she began her short trek with thoughts of the day. It turned out to be really, really interesting, forher just gaining a few collectibles to what had just occurred. She was always a person who took to beautiful things like bees to honey. She'd assess the value of one thing in one's person possession and compare it to her own and if she ever outgrew it, she could make a quick copper on some of her collection. But who is to say her sticky fingers couldn't reach beyond the limits of material objects.

Smiling to herself, she continued on her way to the tavern.

Aeriseth
Town Square

A swirling pink and purple portal opened in the middle of the Town Square, and out of it walked one of the founders of Abaddon herself, Lady Aeriseth. It closed afterwards, and on she continued, smiling and waving towards her subjects. Of course, the kind smile was false, and mocking contempt was hidden well beyond her bright golden eyes. "Citizens of Abaddon!" She called out, standing in front the clock tower and addressing her people. Alexander was never one for the job, especially since he hated being out during the day. And the woman would be lying if she said that she was enjoying having to start this humdrum event every single year. But it was customary, and she did appreciate all of the attention and admiring looks.

"Today we hold The Festival of Ethos, in celebration of 634 years since the founding of this beautiful and prosperous city. It has been a long time, and we have only grown and continued to improve and flourish since its founding. Many lives have been lost, and many children have been born. Today we honor both these things; the lives and deaths of the many wonderful citizens who have populated the city and contributed such beautiful things, as well as the many more who will one day live here as well. I thank you all for taking the time to be out here today and participate in this festival as an active member of the community. May the day be blessed with good fortune, and may all residents - old and new - find a true home here in Abaddon. Let the festival begin!"

After the speech, Aeriseth threw her hands into the air with a wide grin. As if on cue, right when her arms shot up into the sky, a bunch of colorful fireworks could be seen rising and popping above the Clock Tower. As always, those with fire magic practiced and prepared for the display that would happen every year. They created such fantastic shapes, and at the end of it all was 'Long Live Abaddon' in bright, fiery letters, popping magnificently against the cloudy gray of the sky. Now the festival could officially commence, and after the numerous 'oooh's' and 'ahhh's' of the crowd, people started to chatter loudly and laugh as their voices rose and filled the silence. The stalls began to fill up with customers, and more and more people were coming out of their houses and shops to enjoy the festivities. As for The Temptress, she brought her arms down, smirking as she watched the crowd file past her. It was all a bunch of hot air coming from her mouth, but what could she say? She was very good at making people believe her lies.

Oh well. On a day like today, there will be no shortage of victims to toy with. Letting out a giggle, she walked off from the center of the crowd, her full hips swaying from side to side. Perhaps she might watch a few acts of entertainment as well. A tightrope walker could be seen above the masses even now, beginning her careful routine. Surely there was something to gain from these weak-minded fellows, after all.

Eddie the Black - Clock Tower

He'd spent the past fifteen minutes warming up, performing every different exercise he'd learned. To warm up his mind control powers he'd made an elderly gentleman stand on his head for 2 minutes. As Lady Aeriseth appeared, he felt like he was in top form, and was prepared to put that drunken buffoon Dareth in his place once and for all.

Not wanting to lose such an important audience member, he strode up confidently to Lady Aeriseth and bowed before her. "Lady Aeriseth, it's truly an honor to meet you. My name is Edward Toorn, known better as Eddie the Black. You're just in time my lady for you see, myself and Abaddon's own drunken fool Dareth were about to have a little musical competition, and while I can't speak for that lout, I would be honored if you were to witness our little competition."

He's heard of the three envoys in Abaddon and figured that they would be very powerful allies, however after years of on and off research, he determined that Aeriseth was the only one who spoke his language as it were. His charm was in full force, as he knew that he would never be able to manipulate such a powerful woman with his powers, and Eddie much preferred keeping his head. "Dareth and our chosen judge should be arriving any moment now, I assure you this will be one performance you don't want to miss."

Aeriseth
Town Square

A devilish smirk played at the corners of the Envoy's lips as she noticed Eddie approach her, bowing his head respectfully. "Oh, yes, I have heard of you. The famed musician, best in all of Abaddon. Isn't that right?" With the little compliment, she looked him up and down, not even bothering to hide her lascivious gaze. Though she had heard some about Dareth as well, Eddie had certainly caught her attention with his charms and his music. There was something about him that was so deliciously malignant, deeply sinful and nefarious. It was a rather alluring quality, she thought. A man after her own wicked heart. Truly he would prove an interesting toy to add to her collection, possibly even a helper of sorts.

"Well, well. I suppose I will have to stick around and see for myself, won't I? Do be sure to impress me, Eddie. I am looking forward to hearing your... Music." Aeriseth purred, intentionally brushing past him and locking eyes with him for but a fleeting moment, biting her curved lips. And then she had wandered off into the fray, the crowd clearing a path for her as she went to stand closer to the stage where the two young bards would be having their musical competition. At least they were bringing some form of entertainment to the table, while she prepared herself for the upcoming dance. Briefly, she wondered where her son, Galizur, might be. But the thoughts disappeared all too quickly after they emerged in her mind. The little wretch was probably still causing trouble for his hired bodyguard - though Wroth certainly wasn't a saint, either.

Dareth DiValli - Town Square

He quickly took a sip from his vial. Devil's Spit. He hated it and he loved it at the same time. Each time he has takes it, his mind seems to expand and stretch beyond human capabilities. Of course I'd feel that way, it's a drug.

Dareth was focused, ready and most importantly, sober. So goddamn sober. People around him cheered, he had to punch a few pickpockets and everyone seemed so fucking happy. Is there anyone else like me. A fake? He has shaken these thoughts off. He had a duel to win. His almost always fiery and cheery eyes were now cold, colder than the outer space. Dareth has seen her, just a few times before, but there was no mistaking her. Aeriseth. I bet you don't even remember what you've done, do you? His fist clenched as he tried to regain composure. Of course Eddie's there as well. A bard almost always needed to be ready to lick some boots, but Dareth didn't feel like it nowadays. As if he learned a valuable lesson from Eddie. He chuckled at the thought. "I don't want people to admire me, Via. I want to mend their hearts with my music." That was way too long ago. Abaddon striped him of that goal. Here it was survival of the fittest. The city has changed him. But he was done being changed. Now I know what I'm playing for. Thanks, flute blower. He tuned his Viola as he waited for the judge. It was weird, playing totally sober, but refreshing as well. As of lately, he noticed that he's only half there. But this duel seemed to reinvigorate his burning passion for music.

"Just you wait."

Nemo
Town Square

Walking through the crowd. Having his slaves take care of some pick pockets. Always did love a good festive, one of the only times of the year he could forget about his business just for one day. But as he got closer he noticed his fancy suit being tugged by small hands. O joy a child beggar... Lets get this over wi- The small girl was crying "please Mr. can you help me find my brother? I got lost in the crowd." Nemo looked like a deer staring down an arrow, he let out a sigh and motioned the tallest slave to come here. "Yes master." Nemo pointed to the girl and said " put her on your shoulders. We need to find her brother..." True he didn't care about the people in this city..... But he also knew what it was like to be alone and not be with your sibling or someone that cares about you. Nemo put the girl gently on the taller slave shoulder and begin looking for the brother.

Last edited:

Anariel
Abaddon Town Square
Atop the clock tower

Anariel had let herself drift from high above the city to the spire at the tip of the massive clock tower. It seemed that, upon the reappearance of Aeriseth, the festivities had officially kicked off. She debated spooling the sounds from beneath her into tendrils to allow her to hear what was going on below, despite the raucous clamor that only crowds could make, but chose instead to let things be. She had no true reason to be among them, regardless. As she scanned the crowd, watching the Envoy for a brief time even, she noticed someone she truly had not expected: The Exile.

With a rush of wind, the archangel snapped open her four, brilliant-white wings and pushed off from the top of the building. With the motion and sudden change int he sky, several citizens looked up and began to point, gawking. Where others would have done their best to remain surreptitious about their entrances, Anariel had no such reservations. She was what she was, and if those beneath her chose to dislike it, then they could bring that complain up to her themselves, be it by blade, poison, or voice. She'd faced them all, and would likely face them again in the future.

She let herself drop gently through the sky, using her wings more like parachutes to slow her descent vice fly actively toward the ground, alighting perhaps a dozen or so feet from the pair of minstrels in a circular gap that the crowd had made, though she couldn't tell whether it was from fear or from shock. She turned to face the pair before shifting to look at Aeriseth. She had the faintest of grins on her face, as if she and the Envoy had shared a secret.

"Aeriseth, you would not mind me watching this tourney of musical skill, would you? After all, I have been known as the 'Songdaughter' for several centuries now, and if either of these men is truly amazing, I may decide to invite them to play for my brothers in New Eden." She cleared her throat, suddenly mischievous. "We could use a new court minstrel as well, come to think of it." She shuffled her wings a bit, not bothering to hide them from sight, but instead letting the golden edges of her feathers dim from a shine to simply a matte color.

Ethos has started, the crowd has been gathered, the musicians are in position, the guest of honor is present, and Eddie could see their special judge returning from the tavern. As he beckoned Lila onstage he addressed the crowd. "Ladies and Gentlemen of Abaddon, in honor of this years festival of Ethos, we thought to start the celebrations with something special. Dareth and I shall have a musical competition for the benefit of all you lovely people here today!"

"A few things before we begin, for those of you not present when the challenge was issued, I'd like to introduce our judge for this competition, the lovely Lila!" The crowd roared and whistled as the girl came onstage. "Second, I'd like to announce that we have a very special guest in attendance, please give a round of applause for the one, the only, Lady Aeriseth!" He bowed in respect to her once again as the crowd once again erupted. Eddie was briefly frozen with fear however as Anariel, the Ethereal Songdaughter herself landed amongst the crowd. It's been at least fifty five years since he last saw the angel, and last time she had called for his head. He was thankful for now that he was protected by the laws of Abaddon, else he'd have flown off as fast and far as he could. Thankfully most of the crowd had turned to gawk at her entrance so Eddie had time to recompose himself.

"With all that said, let the competition begin!" As he brought Michelle to his lips, he reconfirmed his strategy. He'd grown a respect for Lila and has chosen not to influence her mind with his powers, he'll win her over with the power of his and Michelle's beautiful duet, while also observing how well she deals with a crowd begging for him to be declared the winner. As his symphony began, the world lit up in a rainbow of colors and the smell of roses wafted in the air, Eddie pushed his powers to their limits, dominating the minds of every audience member with the exception of Lila, Lady Aeriseth, Anariel and that strange old vampire seated on the bench. His decree to his mindless pawns was simple, at the end of his piece they would lavish him with praise, and they would shower Dareth with boos when his song had finished. It was time to put an end to this pointless rivalry once and for all.

Last edited:
Dareth DiValli - Town Square

Dareth has been truly bamboozled. But not by Eddie, nor his music, which even he had to admit was beautiful, but by the angel he saw. She was stunning. However he shook the confusion and as he stepped on the stage, everyone was booing. I see. Too craven to abandon your magic? He thought as he smiled sadly. This time, he didn't have to be lewd, crude and loud. This time he'd play his music the way it was always meant to be. He looked at the crowd, taking in the judgement, the hatred and the ridicule. He gripped Viola as he continued to look into the crowd. It was at times like these he cursed that he was sober, but not this time. This was perfect. He didn't even bother to introduce himself. He didn't even bother to flatter the nobility and the important people here. He simply whistled and the crowd went silent. He didn't give them time to boo again, as now he was whistling a melancholic, brilliant tune. You're not playing anymore. I'll snap them out of this..

With that thought, he included his lute. However the sounds almost sounded heavenly, like out of this world. This time, he was dedicated. This time, he was the musician he decided to be a long, long time ago.

"For how long have we all suffered the same fate?
The beggars, the losers, the drunks and the fakes,
oh we all want to live, that's our common trait,
we'll fight, we'll steal, until our heart breaks.

I require but one thing, please just hear my song.
I'll promise to stay conscious to see it through,
oh Abaddon, here's where I truly belong,
this won't be another chance that I blew...

So here's to all fools who fight with their passion bright!
We don't care if we have to punch, kick, spit or bite!
After all, we're drunks, I'm no goddamn white knight,
but don't you think we're going to back down without a fight.

So here's a drink to Abaddon's burning passion!
We won't back down under the pressure!
We don't need your pity nor compassion!
So bring it on, our passion will be our confession!"

Nemo
Town square

felt a strange buzz in his head, he figured it was just an effect of the pixie dust he used just awhile ago sometimes did that. His attention was torn the the girl pointed out a small boy in the crowd. "that's him!" Soon after the siblings were reunited and both thanked him as mr'Nemo. he felt his face turn a little red but with his skin being light-brown it was hard to notice. "no thanks necessary. just.. enjoy yourselves." they both ran off giggling.... He turned his attention to the competition. the crowd started to disperse as making Nemo seem to stand out more. Nemo's ear perked up as he heard Dareth. Singing it was magnificent as always, one thing Nemo respected other than Dareths wit was his talent as a bard.

Last edited:
Mallow
Town Square

Mallow moved through the crowded square, looking about at the attractions with a bemused smile. He had arrived a short time after the start, but Firebreathers, sword jugglers, acrobats, all sorts of performers made entertained and dazzled the crowds mulling around the festival. It was a rare day that he separated himself from fighting and family and took the time to see the city. The festival was one such occasion, and Mallow enjoyed what it. The energy and activity brought about a sort of aura of fervor, making it difficult for anyone to not enjoy themselves and get caught in the heat of the moment. His eyes continued to wander, finally settling on a large crowd, entranced by a pair of musicians.

He eased his way through the tranquil, enraptured crowd as the man on the flute played his song, conjuring illusions to aid in his song. Mallow's mind began to grow muddy, sinking into the spell the musician had created. He wrinkled his nose, and pressed down hard on his middle finger with his thumb, trying to keep the magic from dominating him. The magic was strong, to be sure, and Mallow found it difficult to concentrate on anything else except the music. It annoyed him greatly. Even still, he was able to tell that beside the magic, the musician had talent. As the song grew to an end, the other musician, obviously with contempt for the other, began his song on a lute with a harsh whistle. He could tell quickly that this man possessed no magic, and Mallow found himself instantly liking of the man with the lute. His song was equal, in his untrained ears, to the magic one preformed before. A song of life and struggle, Dareth's performance was. Mallow had reached the front of the crowd, close to the stage as the song ended.

The crowd remained silent for a few moments in the wake of Dareth's song. Mallow was the first to clap, hard and heavy. "A fine performance! A fine performance indeed!" He proclaimed with enthusiasm.

Lila returned to the Town Square, with the liquor running warm through her system as she walked over to where the musicians were. She smiled as she quickly neared the musicians only to be called onto the stage by Eddie when she was spotted and she bowed a bit before the crowd.. She knew stakes has been risen if Aeriseth and Anariel are here to listen to this bard duel, heck even she felt a little nervous being in their presences. She stepped off the stage as Eddie began his piece, followed soon after by Dareth's.

She let all thought fall from her mind as she listened to the two musicians put their all into the songs they played. Without Eddie's magic influencing her the choice was tough, Eddie had the upper hand with his magic but both musicians played in a way that made their dedication to music shine through. Both musicians explore the crevices of music in their own way and today was a result from both of them. At the end of the duel, she opened her eyes to find many other pairs on her as they awaited the declaration of who won. Despite being crowd level, her voice carried well across as she declared the winner.

"Now before we find out who the winner is, I must say both pieces were magnificently beautiful." she glanced at both Eddie and Dareth before she continued. "And I want to thank both Dareth and Eddie for sharing such beautiful music but as it stands, I declare," she paused for a minute more, clearly torn between the two musicians, "Eddie the winner."

Back