Chronicles of The Omniverse Archived The Core Systems: Ostra - Wielden Colony

Mizumi couldnt help but chuckle at Hinata when Annie scolded him. "Sorry annie... it was me who distracted him form the route....and that building really has no business in the sky."

Rearmed and happy Titania returned to the other three with a large gun in tow. "You threw out something from the suits i gave annie..." She let the gun drop to the side with a clang.

“Mm? What is it?” Stone asked, attempting to look over Kyo’s shoulder. He regretted it. “...she’s insane...” he muttered, his face red. Who the hell wrote something like this!? And how in the gods names could she have managed to fit all that filth on a small slip of paper!? She even had a cried illustration in the bottom corner! The nerve!

@Raffia Kiryuin
Annie moved on over to Mizumi, and did the exact same thing to her as she did to Hinata. "Ya both suck." She grumbled, before flipping around to gaze upon the beauty offered to her by Titania. "What, in the hell, is this, ABSOLUTE UNIT."

That left Hinata to frown. "I should-uh..keep the workshop moving, before traffic police show up." He quickly went back to the pod, and this time closed the door - he'd be better without distractions.
_____________________________________________________​
@SnekySnoo
Kyo had already quickly read it by the time Stone did, and had the bridge of his nose pinched between his thumb and fore finger. "How is one person, this depraved?" He asked, in genuine awe of the sheer immensity of the woman's perversion.

Asmodeus began to laugh. "How the hell could you expect any better from her, you morons?"

Mizumi didnt even budge from the bap on her head. Only hissed as her sandy fox ears flattened. Ploppingndown on the ground she looked out into the workshop and the ship that was still moving faintly.

"Thats a mass driver. Was an experimental unit that was supposed to fire managlass projectiles. It never saw combat as the only pilot capable of handling it passed away only days after its creation." Titania exolained what it was. If Annie tried to move it shed find it was heavy yet somehow a quite bit too light for its massive size.

The disappointment and disgust hung heavier in the air than Asmodeus’ smoke, Stone taking the note from Kyo gingerly before proceeding to tear it to shreds. “When I feel I’m finally comfortable with that woman, it’s like she finds a new way to disgust me...”

@Raffia Kiryuin
"Why's it called a mass driver if it fires managlass?" Seemed like a weird name for something that shot an object with basically no weight.. Annie got super close and inspected the device, before indeed hoisting it up using a few stubby nubs that she protruded from her body. "It's actually kinda light." She announced appreciatively, bouncing it a little on her body. "It comes for the suit you gave me?"
_______________________​
@SnekySnoo
"I'm more worried of turning my back on her now than I was previously." Kyo admitted - and now it was for an entirely different reason. He was sure hands weren't supposed to do that.. "Anyway, almost everything is in order now - shall you manage everything else before leaving, or shall you come with me to the Nomad?"

"The name comes from the fact that it gives managlass actual mass" Titania explained while watching with quite genuine surprise that Annie was able to lift it up that easily. "It was developed for it yes but its an full feature weapon that can be used without a suit by a larger individual...so make sure nobody takes it from you." Taking it from Annie she held it in her hands as if she was about to fire at something. Up here just above the trigger is the safety. but it wont fire unless you either..." She struggled to reach the right spot at the front where it appeared to gave 2 pressure sensors one on each side of the barrel. Once she did reach it the weapon suddenly lit up with visible lines with pink glowing energy pulsing through it. "Unless you touch the two pressure sensors at the foregrip or override tat feature with the suit." With the explanation over she flipped the safety back on and the thing powered down. "When designing this one we tried our best to make it easy to use so the pilot can be more concentrated on the battle rather the gun."

@Generik

Annie hummed quietly. "It's kinda like the things Chorda use. They call 'em glass cannons." She explained calmly - assuming Titania wouldn't recognize them as Chorda-Human interaction was relatively recent. "Oh, Chorda are like giant owl-cats but also they're people." She added quickly, again - assuming Titania didn't know what they were. "Anyway, it's cool as shit! Can I get in my suit to check it out??" Without waiting for an answer she shot a tendril up at Titania's ship body and dropped the mass driver carelessly, jumping up into the ship.

A moment later she returned, landing inside her suit with a loud CLANK as she hit the floor of the workshop. "Good shit! Now gimme that thing.." She picked it up with the suit, already feeling an uncontrollably vast feeling of power.

"Chorda huh?" Titania muttered. Annie was correct she didnt know much about them. she did spot an individual or two matching the owlcat description but thats about all that she knew.

"This was designed probably a few centuries before humans met Chorda....HEY! not inside the workshop!" Titania suddenly called out when Annie jumped down and grabbed the weapon. Acting to be safe than sorry Titania jumped up onto the suit and touched a specific spot once again. with a bit of concentration she forced the thing to shut down. "Wait till were outside...you want to blow Hinatas home up or something?" She said once the suit had stopped moving and was silent.

"Yeah looks like it-what? No!" Annie struggled until her suit was disabled. The face plate of the suit made an angry face as she climbed back out. "Fine, and you called him a spoil sport." Annie realized she made a Freudian slip, but perhaps she could pass it off. In any case she acted natural - like that was a totally normal thing to say. Because it was, right? Maybe they didn't remember saying it to him in Annie's presence? Shit..

"You dont understand... this thing is armor piercing. the projectile goes at near light speed and would easily punch right through me hinatas workshop and get itself embedded half way into a mountain....probably a few dozen systems away from here" This time it was Titanias turn to scold Annie as she bapped her on the forehead.

None of those things sounded like a warning. "Hun, FUCK that gauntlet, THIS is the best gift you could've given me!" She said happily, looking all over and around the now-beautiful looking cannon that Titania offered her. Oh, the absolute joy she could accomplish with this thing!"

"Hey, we're getting close. I think I see the station he has." Hinata's opaline was guiding him slowly to the hotel that the meetup was taking place, and it seemed there were dozens of applicants already.

"Want to get in on the fun? just arrive in that suit of yours. im sure that alone will get you a spot." This time it was Mizumi who spoke up. She had been sitting there watching the two interact. Finally standing up Mizumi looked at the rocky looking gauntlet on her arm. "Its quite scary how strong some tech can be without even a hyadn."

"Well im glad you like it one thing at least it does got a friend or foe system so even if you're not careful you still wont kill those marked as allies by accident." Titania spoke as she reactivated the suit which stood up. several armor panels moving about a little bit as they reoriented themselves before snapping shut again to provide an airtight seal. the glass panel opened up and awaited its pilot. "I just uploaded a driver for the gun now it should be synced with the suits targeting systems."

Annie was wrong about the station - what she thought was one was simply the hotel. However, that hotel seemingly was the meetup point. Annie looked brightly at the gun as it's armor plates shifted about. "So, right now, who can't I hurt with it? Just you two and Hinata?" She asked curiously, observing the gun in earnest.

Hinata spoke into the comms. "Hey guys, we're getting close to the hotel." He wasn't sure he'd be invited but he did ping his sister - she was already there. Even if he wasn't a Hyadn he may get a job, and Shiori would surely get one with her talents.

"about time... Nearly fell asleep here" Mizumi complained while going next to titania who was still explain8ng stuff to Annie.

"anybody you mark as ally while in the suit. Right now its got no allies so it will hurt anything and anyone." Titania explained and warned at the same time

“I may as well join you. We’ll be stuck together for a few months. I might as well see what this ‘Nomad’ up close and personal.” He smiled, gesturing out. “Lead the way.”

@Raffia Kiryuin
Annie laughed her weird squeaky laugh and squeezed herself in between the other two present. "Oh, so I gotta be careful to mark you guys at least in the suit. Can I do that without holding the gun?" She asked, turning to look properly at the suit again. She had half a mind to climb back in, but at this point it was in, and out, and in, and out; and that's just obnoxious!

The party drew inexorably closer to the hotel; Hinata hoped there was a space big enough for his big-ass workshop to fit.
_______________________________________​
@SnekySnoo
"You are wise beyond your years." Kyo replied happily. "And that's a lot of years, old-ass grandpa." Asmodeus added with what could only be described as a smirk.
"Then let us go." Kyo said happily. "One of my underlings is handling the recruitment in a hotel, do you want to see some of the applicants?" The young man queried.

“Better a grandfather that a shoulder bound rat.” Stone shot back, as if prepared. He looked to Kyo with a smile. “Sounds like a brilliant idea.”

Asmodeus began laughing. "How long ya been sitting on that, ya roided up freak?" He was promptly smacked upside the giant head by Kyo, and immediately quieted. "When I'm not with the boss I'll shit in your hair, handsome." He growled. Kyo sighed. "Mod, I want this guy to like me. Please, let him like me." Mod's growling quieted. "Fine." He'd be at least curt with the muscly giant, for now.

Kyo retrieved his opaline for a moment, then nodded. "This way." He paused. "Walk, or taxi; or do you have something to quicken the trip?"

"Yeah you dont need the gun woth you for it to know who is who" Titania confirmed it before walking over to the hole that was still slowly closing up. "hopefully Hinata can find a spot big enough."

Back