Chronicles of The Omniverse Archived The Core Systems: Ostra - Wielden Colony

As Stone walked towards Bay, a third figure easily slid next to Kyo, his blue hood shielding his eyes from view. “Greetings, Master...” Maruka said quietly, arms behind his back. “Hoping to recruit two more, I see...”

As Stone approached Bay-ala, she spread her arms and grinned. “Aye, Big-Dick-McGee! How’s it goin, Stoney? Got my cash buddy?” She called? Wrapping Stone up in a hug, lifting him. She dropped him back to the ground, smiling. Stone wipes off the imaginary dirt before reaching into his coat pocket, drscreetly handing Bay a good sum of Oro. “Nice haul, Stoney. Now, how about we hit a bar and-“ Stone raised a hand, cutting her off. “I believe I may have Work that you might be interested in.”

@SnekySnoo Cass' finally made it to her house when she heard a crackling sound. Suprised and frightened by it, the young Sli'f ran quickly to Stone's mansion. She mustered up her courage and lifted the old knocker against her older friend's house. She spoke in a very loud voice, "MISTER STONE! MISTER STONE! I NEED TO TELL YOU SOMETHING IMPORTANT!" Suddenly, Stone's butler answered the door.

Last edited:
@Sayasama

Jiang looked up at the girl. “Medicines” she said sighing. Didn’t she listen to her story. “medicines for rare diseases or not so rare diseases. Only potions no spells. I didn’t progress in my education long enough to start with spells.” she explained. In fact it was Leya who dare to thought her more advanced spells then just the standard ones everyone learned.

“I have gathered a lot of potions myself. If you want to see them? I don’t have the book where I have them with me. Because well it is nearly as big as I am.” She continued talking. Offering something back. The girl indeed was right being an bard didn’t really earned that much but, it was enough at least for her. She could pay for simple recipes but, her goal wasn’t used to gather them but, to spread them as well.

"Oh hey Maru, long time no see man!" It was Mod who acknowledged Maruka first, but Kyo smiled too. "The shipment was a success, Maruka?" Kyo queried, already confident of the answer. In the distance Kyo could see the two - the mother with wolfish polymorphs and the son, holding himself in a way he could only see to mean that his life should have gone differently.

Kyo was quiet at first when the two groups met up, as was Asmodeus smoking from his pipe. The quick banter - soon cut off by Stone - Kyo noticed; was finished by a prompt for Kyo to step forward - and that he did. "Yo Bay-" Mod tried to start but Kyo swiftly cut him off. "How would you like to make enough money to get another two of those ships, Bay?" The androgynous noble asked, cocking his head slightly. Obviously he was referring to the gigantic ship Bay-ala had docked behind her.

Last edited:
Maruka’s smiles widened at Mod’s greeting, two fingers coming up to his eyebrow to form a simple salute in greeting. “Hello, Mod. How’s my favorite smoking buddy been?” He asked quietly. Maru gave Kyo a simple smile, his words still soft in the presence of Stone and...this woman. “Yes Sir, ahead of schedule even...”

Bay directed her eyes towards Kyo, her face dropping to a scowl. “...you seen vaguely familiar...” She Held the stare for a little longer before grinning. “Nope! No clue who the hell you are!” She looked him up and down. “Sweet duds, though. Where’d ya get ‘em? Plainstock?” She snickered, finally settling down so as to return to business. “Now...if you know anything about me and what I carry, you’ll know it ain’t cheap. I don’t want more Phantoms. I want something even bigger. Can your cash get me that?” Bay asked, leaning closer to Kyo. Behind Bay, Jamal watched, his arms folded and his face set. He didn’t much care for this place...too sunny...

"Ahhh... Right." Domain's eyes brightened. "For healing potions..." She began scanning the room, "Huh. You know what? I think we are in the wrong room." She chuckled. "We should head up to the library." She told Leppi. "Follow me."
Domain lead the way out of the crafting room and past the counter in front of the shop straight through the door across the room and up the stairs into the library.
Domain gazes up towards the ceiling, watching as the light shone in from up above. She loved the affect it created. "These books should have what your are looking for. Look for the books with circles on their spine. Those are the ones that should hold healing potion recipes. Some maybe too advance for you. But you said you are just looking to collect so I think you should be fine regardless. "

Jiang smiled and followed the girl to yet another room. A library this time. She usually didn’t really like reading but for potion recipes she made an exception. Amazed she looked at the pretty room. She has been in many library's big ones, small ones, dark ones, light ones. This one was light she discovered happily. It wasn't the biggest libary she ever saw but not the smallest as well. She nodded at the girl while looking around for books with circels on it that where standing on the lower shelfs. Because ofcourse like usually the bookcases where really high. She could ask the girl for help but, there was no need to if she first looked at the books she could reach. Whilst looking she asked “Do you know a place around here where i can stay for the night.” She technically could sleep in Leya’s home but she prefers to stay with the people of the planet she was staying. Leya had thought her that, that was the best way to collect stories.

Mod returned the two finger salute using his pipe. "Yea I been good man, you?" Mod hopped from Kyo's shoulder onto Maruka's and got himself comfortable there instead - Kyo clearly didn't mind. "Ahead of schedule? Cut raise as promised.." He handed Maruka a small gem of a good deal of Oro for payment.

He couldn't say Bay's scowl wasn't intimidating - but he made sure not to let it show. "We've met, but you were plastered at the time." He told her with a small smirk. "Cash can get you anything, sis. What about a Nomad?" He offered, crossing his arms over his chest. What he saw of those monsters meant if his hunch wass right and this expedition went as it should this would be enough to buy him a planet or two - forget the damn Nomad.

Maruka smiles warmly as Mod jumped to his shoulder. For some reason, he always felt more at ease with him than his own familiar. “I’ve been worse...Trent keeps taking my pipes and Lang is telling me it’ll kill me one day...but I’ve been worse..” he chuckled. Graciously, Maru bowed his head, pocketing the gems.

Bay tried remembering once more, scratching her chin. “Oh yeeeeaaaah....you were that one dude who looked like a chick at the pub! Ha! Good times, am I right?” She slapped her knee before returning to business, her face getting serious. “Oh can it now...?” She snapped and, as if materializing from nowhere, Jamal came behind her, draping a suit jacket on her shoulders. “If that’s the case...two gigas, two yamoto, and the Nomad...” she said, snapping once more. Jamal was now on the other side of Bay, cigar and match inhand.

————————————​
@Kiki Zapatos

Twelve answered the door, his gelatinous form taking up most of the space behind it. “Hello, child. The master is out presently. Could I provide assistance, however?” He asked, sure that it was more a job for Stone.

Last edited:
Mod laughed. "Tell 'er being a big mouth is gonna kill her one day!" The little bastard replied. Obviously he'd never talk shit like that near Lang for fear of upsetting her.

"That's the one." Kyo tapped his nose with a smirk. "It's gonna pay for a Nomad-type station and maybe two yamatos, but this is uncharted territory, sis. I can't say it'll be worth quite that much." Kyo told Bay calmly. Christ, she really was a wolf - give the bitch an inch and she'll try to take a mile.

Maruka blushed, a pang if fear hitting him. “Mod....whatever your smoking, for both our sakes, quit.” He laughed quietly, attempting to let the negotiations go as planned.

Bay snickered, lightly puffing the cigar between her teeth. “That’s rich, kid. Cut the shit. You’re a noble. It’s not like you don’t have money anyway. Second, I have close to no clue where I’m going, what I’ll be facing, and, more importantly, why I’d waste time to even do it beyond getting paid. On top of that, you aren’t just paying for me, bud. Two big H’s - me and my kid, who, by the by, is the best blade you’ll ever find for hire,” As if to prove it, she snapped again, Jamal’s obsidian blade suddenly pressed lightly to Kyo’s throat. She snapped once more and he was back at her side, face hard set as always. “,a damn good familiar,” She continued,”and any of my pack dumb enough to follow. I have a lot to risk here, noble. Take it or leave it.”

Mod laughed again. "Here, try some.." With that he offered Maruka his pipe - something he'd only do for Maruka specifically.

"..." Kyo was silent for a moment, apparently thinking this through as he calculated the appropriate pricing for anywhere between 50 and 500 people. He lifted one hand slowly and touched his throat - and suddenly all of Mod's hairs bristled. There was a small drop of blood on Kyo's fingertip from where the blade touched him. Sharp as only obsidian could be, as expected. He resisted the urge to start a fight here - this was business after all. "How about some drinks. I was planning on leaving in-" "-Seventeen hours from now." Mod chimed. Kyo nodded his head almost imperceptibly, "-and we both know something that pricey demands a little time for discussion. This isn't a quick deal, you know. It's a month's work for the biggest single haul of unknown magics you've ever heard of."

Maru, never one to pass up a smoke, especially not from Mad, took the pipe, huffing lightly. His face slid into an eased smile. “Smooth...where’d you find this?” He asked, remnants of smoke trailing each word.

Once Kyo touched his throat, it appeared the meet tensed, Maruka with escrima in hand and Stone with hand on handle. It wasn’t until Kyo brought up drinks that a collective breath was released. Bay noted the tension fade and took a moment, appearently thinking on the offer. After some time, she threw up her hands, smiling. “Aw, what the hell. Might as well have a round or two. ‘Specially if I’m gonna be stuck with you for a bit.” Jamal nodded silently, his dreads bobbing as he moved his head. “Lead on, Big Dick!” She cheered, patting Stone on the shoulder. He responded by flushing and pinching the bridge of his nose. “How I wish you’d stop calling me that...”

Kyo smiled, proud that he'd removed the tension caused by Bay's rashness. He was still doing the calculations in his head - Bay was clearly asking too much, but he needed a perfect idea of how much she was high balling. A Yamato alone would be the equivalent of a month's earnings through the entire guild on a slow month, on a fast month maybe a gigas, but this could be the most profitable expedition he'd ever undergone...

Kyo slipped close to Jamal to speak with him. "So Jamal, are you excited for an adventure? To whet your blade on the blood of the most hideous monster you ever saw?" The young noble asked quietly.

While Stone and Bay lead the group, Kyo and Jamal in tow, Maruka kept up the rear, a hulking bird shadow washing both him and Mod quickly as it passed. “That was...intense...lemme get another pull off that, man.” He laughed, a little louder now that the majority of the seriousness was behind them. “Thought we were in for a brawl back there.”

Jamal, half aware of Kyo’s presense, cut his eyes at the smaller man, barely turning his head before answering. “Naw...not really really my kinda shit...don’t have a heart for killin shit outta sport.” He spoke rough, clearly accustomed to the streets...and yet, he held a form of dignity as he spoke, carrying himself as something above a hitman.

Mod laughed. "You underestimate Kyo's defusal skills. Homeboy could stop wars if he wanted." The gremlin bragged.

"This isn't for sport, and I'm not sure the creature's we'll find even can die." Kyo told Jamal calmly. "A friend of mine has found what could be the god of life." His voice was practically a whisper now.

Maruka grinned. “Doubt? Of course not! He can do just about anything he sets his mind to.” Maru looked up, watching his Familiar circle from above. “Could probably make Trent talk to someone other than him and Mod if he wanted to!” He soured towards the Great White Owl. Trent responded in kind by shitting on Maru’s free shoulder. “Ass!”

Jamal’s eyes went wide, fully turning to Kyo. “The hell you tryna Fuck with, noble boy? You tryna get us killed or some shit?” He whispered harshly, on the verge of beating teeth like a savage animal.

Upon hearing the splat, Mod worked out what happened and burst out laughing. "Good aim, dick head!" He shouted up at the owl above them.

Kyo laughed too. "It was a joke, calm down. I'll explain what was found when we get inside. You and your mother can decide whether or not you want to go afterwards." Kyo with that remembered something. "Hey Maruka, didn't you say you had a thing with an older lady with a tail?" He asked, turning back to Maruka.

Stopping just in time, Maru saved Mod from another mess, bird dropping landing just befor Maruka’s foot. “I swear, I’m gonna cover you in so many electric seals...”

“Shit thing to joke about man...” Jamal huffed, shoving his fists in his pockets and picking up the pace to catch up with his mother and Stone. Upon being questioned, Maruka blushed lightly, tensing. “It was...sort of a fling...happened so long ago, probably could remember her face, let alone her tail.”

Mod laughed more as he pat Maru on the shoulder. "At least he didn't shit on the pipe, uh?"

Kyo shook his head slowly as he watched Jamal catch up with his mother and Stone, Kyo himself falling back to walk next to Maruka. "That would have been a bit before you demanded a job from me, right?" He asked curiously, watching the other three ahead of them.

Back