The Evrensel Conflict The Evrensel Conflict -- Chapter 1: The Only Easy Day was Yesterday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Year unknown City of Omashu:
Tthe fight was intense as four firebenders moved on on Xiao who stood at the very edge of the arena yet she seemed to have dangerous wicked looking grin on her face as sweat rolled down her forehead. They had been at it for hours now and her trainers had to even change shifts as they get too tired too quickly. "Come on Xiao....is this the best you got?" One of the men said as all four of them closed in on her. "Oh its now... you haven't even seen a quarter of it!" She said as she made a bunch of rigid movements as she seemed to slash at the air with her palm and made a slanted pillar of rock smash into one of the guys while the other three launched fireballs at her as the fourth fell to the ground, incapacitated.
Blast of fire and chunks of rock flew around the arena as Xiao just plainly toyed with the trainers at this point by splitting up her weapon into chunks and having those intercept deflect or even absorb fireballs. Occasionally ducking behind a rock shield or firebending the incoming fire she puts two more men down while the third is sent flying into the stands by yet another pillar of rock.
"That will be enough for today Avatar Xiao." An old voice said. a personal friend of the previous avatar and now her mentor. "It is time to continue on your spiritual training...Your Chakras might be open but you still have allot to learn about the spirits." He said in an old sage like voice as he ushered Xiao to move away from the arena.
Sighing in defeat she let the man lead her to the top of the castle and into a tower...it was the tallest part of this city and had a great sight of all the mountains surrounding it and the city below. Both of them sat down on a pair of pillows and closed their eyes. "Listen to the world around avatar all things are one. spirits and humans...while far apart are still part of a bigger one. Concentrate and listen to it Xiao." The man said...while to most his words would be nothing but gibberish she understood exactly what he meant. everything in the world is connected even the spirits are part of it. Relaxing she concentrated on something as her eyes suddenly began to glow white...she managed to get into the spirit world at last or that's what he thought. But upon opening her eyes all she saw was green and immediately shut them again from the intense brightness.
The old man looked at Xiao's eyes glow white then herself beginning to glow white before suddenly it turned green and then the next moment Xiao was gone and all that was left was a scorch mark where she sat just a moment ago.

Mundi spun in place for a moment to make sure it was out of view. Rubble littered the landscape and left it lousy with viewing angles. Good for nearby meetings. Light popped up as it turned some of its system lighting and lidar ground mapping back on to whirl about in place still at speed. IFF deep analysis tools indicated strong consistency with UNSC hardware. There was a marine! Its current environmental count of allies became zero nearly several million milliseconds ago after total sensory error. Now the total was one! Joy!

The voice used the minimum volume required to be heard at current distance and had a hollow aural quality common to directionally shaped projections. Cheer filled its voice like some engineer dropped a sack of sugar in it somewhere for safe keeping then forgot. The bouncing tone came while waving its hands, "A Marine! The t☺tal ☺f accessible allies had never been zer☺ bef☺re! ONI Clandestine Field Infrastructure AI, Mundi rep☺rting! Are we behind enemy lines? 'By any means' pr☺t☺c☺ls are authorized when allies are zer☺ behind enemy lines! I can't alert ONI c☺mmand with☺ut [DATA REDACTED]!"

A single use data chit fired at the notion of the protocol enacted with a dry male voice, "Infantry Recognized. UNSC Clearance Escalation Authorized. OSI: kilo lima one nine zero mike"

The active suspension made no road noise but neither had wheels the glow of antigrav. Rather than fly across the ground like a grav hover the active suspension more dodged and poured around obstacles on its way toward the Ghost.

@Raynar Saassin

What Xiao would find herself in was the complete opposite of where she once was a moment ago. She was sitting in the middle of what looked to be a destroyed shopping mall. Behind her was the massive corridor of former shops and restaurants, with the sky window ceiling shattered to pieces; glass all around her. In front of her looked to be a fountain, long since flowing with clean water, cracked in several places with nothing but rusted coins all along its bottom. It looked like hell itself blew over, as plants had become charcoal and the buildings besides her black voids made of ash.

A battle had obviously taken place, but what battle could've created such an aftermath of carnage like this? Not even the fire nation could do something of this nature. (At least yet.) If she ventured forward to find the exit, she would come across two escalators down a floor, to where it seemed something of recent had happened in this place. A spacecraft was on the far side of the bottom floor, as it seemingly crashed through the ceiling, skidded across the floor, and hit one of the abandoned buildings with great impact. Within minutes of finding the wreckage, the ship exploded into a fire, but the most noticeable thing was a soldier.

He was staggering against the right side wall, trying to keep his balance, but tripped over his own footing and collapsed onto the floor. He wore a helmet and a strange looking uniform, nothing she would have ever seen before.

As the intense green light faded Xiao opened her eyes, expecting to be licked by her pet wolf bat but what she say nearly made her heart skip a beat. Taking in a calming breath Xiao stood up from her spot on the ground. apparently even the pillow she sat on was taken with her and upon some checking she felt that her ring was also with her.

Looking around the place all she saw was destruction and carnage on par with only the most powerful of benders could do if they worked together. As she walked up to the wall with glass cracking underneath her bare feet Xiao touched the char coaled wine as it simply shattered in her grip and fell tot he ground in pieces. "Just what is this place..." She muttered and tried bending which worked telling she isn't in the spirit realm. The buildings the scale and architecture was completely unseen to her before almost alien feeling. even the currency was way different from what she could see at the bottom of the fountain.

For now ignoring the inhuman architecture the impossible level of perfectionism behind the building she was in she moved down only what what she could assume were stairs. It didn't take her long to run into a giant metal beast that seemed to have...she looked up following the path of destruction left in its wake...come through the roof. Her short moment of wonder was cut short the moment it simply went kaboom, illuminating a before unseen figure of a man with its flames. The man stumbling ahead a bit before falling to the ground. Xiao acted fast without hesitation as she rushed towards the man while using her fire bending to force the flames of his exploded ship away from him and anything else left combustible in the shopping mall.
@Bobby the Prussian

The man wore, what was unknown to Xiao, a Alliance military outfit, that looked something like this:

latest

The armor was a dark blue, with white lines going across his armor like the Scottish flag. It was beaten up and covered in ash and dirt. He didn't seem to move or respond to the appearance of Xiao, but the most worrying thing was his stomach. There was a giant piece of metal sticking out the front and back of the left side of his abdomen. Blood was flowing down his leg, and a trail across the floor to the ship. If she removed the helmet, his face was pale and his eyes were closed, but he still had a heart beat. Faint, but still there.

Skidding to a halt next to the man she knelt down and picked him in her arms. She had never before seen such armor...none of the empires villages or nations had armor quite like this. the material alone feeling otherworldly, but right now it wasn't the time to ask such questions as she pulled off his helmet and checked for breathing. Despite having that giant piece of metal in his abdomen he was still alive....

With swipes of her free arm she quite literally ripped the moisture out of the air as she gathered up a glob of water Which she brought up near the wound. "Im sorry...this will most likely hurt." She said and pulled the metal out of him thus staining her own hands with red while her water moved in the moment the metal was gone and began to glow bright blue as she began the healing process. "Come on..." She muttered as her eyes and an before unseen markings glowed white for a few moments then returning to normal as the markings disappeared too. The girl tried speeding up the healing process as much as possible with a little boost from the avatar state.

"AHHHHHHHHHHHMY FUCKIN' GOD!!!" His eyes went wide in a second and his voice grew loud, as his body jerked forward once the metal was pulled out. His hands quickly covered his wound, and with quick pants like a dog, he looked around his environment to see where the hell he was. Nothing was recognizable, but he was able to figure out he was in a shopping mall for some reason. A really destroyed one it seems. Adjusting his eyes against to Xiao, he gave a faint smile out of confusion. "Hi! I-uhhh-I-I-Where am I? I-I'm-uhhh.... Wha?" He looked completely out of it, his mind was drawing blanks but somehow his mouth made words that tried to create some sort of sentence.

His already wide eyes went even bigger once she healed up his wound. While not completely healed, there was still a scar to show, it wouldn't easily open up again should they find themselves in combat. "Uhhh.... Am I dead?" He asked her, still light headed. The wound may be sealed, but the lost blood didn't come back. At this point, he thought she was a guardian angel.

Xiao struggled to keep the man down in his place as she healed his wounds. "Quit your squirming you idiot!" She hissed at him, which surprisingly enough worked as she stopped moving thus letting her finish off the healing process. While she couldn't bring back the lost blood she did managed to close the wounds and repair the internal damages.

"I dont know where we are exactly...but for one i certainly know you are not dead...i made sure of that." Xiao said as she wiped away the sweat from her forehead that this intense concentration she needed to heal had caused. Finally letting go of Him she stood up and stomped on the ground as she forced a square slab of concrete to separate from the rest of the floor and with a swing of her arm the slab slanted upright, making the man in his armor to stand up.
@Bobby the Prussian

Xiao struggled to keep the man down in his place as she healed his wounds. "Quit your squirming you idiot!" She hissed at him, which surprisingly enough worked as she stopped moving thus letting her finish off the healing process. While she couldn't bring back the lost blood she did managed to close the wounds and repair the internal damages.

"I dont know where we are exactly...but for one i certainly know you are not dead...i made sure of that." Xiao said as she wiped away the sweat from her forehead that this intense concentration she needed to heal had caused. Finally letting go of Him she stood up and stomped on the ground as she forced a square slab of concrete to separate from the rest of the floor and with a swing of her arm the slab slanted upright, making the man in his armor to stand up.
@Bobby the Prussian

He made a small 'Uah!' grunt as Xiao pushed him up to his feet with the block of concrete, then staggered to turn around in confusion. How did she do that? She's an angel who can heal wounds and bend earth... Limbo is weird. "Uhhhhh.... Wh-Who are you?" He asked, putting a hand over the healed wound. There was still a hole in his armor, but hopefully if anyone tried firing at him, they'd aim for his head, not his chest again. "And, uh... How did you do that?..... Al-Also, where am I?" He asked with a stutter, likely from how much information he was getting and how it this was all very overwhelming.

"Wait-wait-wait, where is everybody?" His eyes closed shut and he again staggered to try and keep at least one thought train going. "Where's the shuttle?" He asked, opening his eyes and turning around to see the wreckage. ".......... Oh." He simply said, the suddenly realization he was the only one alive from his team.

With another swipe of her arm the slab of concrete fell back tot he ground with a crack as it seated back into spot. "My name is Xiao and i'm the avatar." She said not really worried about revealing her title to strangers. she did that back at home pretty much daily. "Just like i said before i don't know where we are...but you really haven't seen bending before?" Xiao asked as she approached him and let him use her for balance.

Looking at the still burning metal beast She hit the ground with her heal and made a slanted pillar of concrete smash the thing out of their way. "I have a bad feeling about this place...what ever happened here was far grater than any of the bending nations are capable of." The girl explained as she tried ushering him towards the exit. she wanted to get away from here before that fire and explosion had much chance of drawing too much attention.

He jumped once she smashed the shuttle through the wall, giving them an exit. ".... Nnnoooooooo., I haven't seen bending before." He told her, walking behind her as they exited the building. In his current position, she seemed good enough to be the fighter of the group, so he''ll let her do all the important stuff. Until he gets a gun, of course. As they exited the building, they were in what looked to the parking lot to the mall, at least the second half of it, with the older half around the side of building. The lot had a couple cars still parked, but most of them looked battered and destroyed, as there were massive holes in the parking lot that dug into the ground. Likely bombs dropped down from above.

Before Alec continued to follow Xiao, he looked over to the shuttle which was flipped upside down and still on fire. He limped over to it and saw that some bodies fell out as it rolled over. First he checked inside the shuttle, looking for the pilots and whoever else was still inside. He collected their dog tags, something to give their families if he managed to return back home. He did so for the other bodies that fell out, taking longer with one of them, as he knelled over one with the tag 'B. Burton.' Alec pushed him over on his back and placed his arms together over the chest, lightly patting them once he finished.

Must've been a friend.

Exiting the building she stopped as she spotted more of those metal beasts...yet these ones were way smaller. Approaching one of them she brushed the dust away from a window and jumped back as she raised her arms in a combat stance. Looking through the cleared spot on the window there was a set of 3 skeletons with one still in a position that desperately tried to open the door giving Xiao the impression that. "It ate them..." She muttered backing off a bit only to notice with the corner of her eye that Alec went for the burning shuttle.

"C-come on we d..." She stopped short on finishing her sentence as she was several bodies fall out of the shuttle she flipped out of the way. Deciding to give him an extra minute here she waited for him to finish. Even from here she could feel how attached he was to one of the men... a friend maybe?

Once he stood up, he put the tags in his pockets. "Alright, let's go..... wait, ate them?" He suddenly realized she said that, which made him all the more confused. She wasn't alien, she looked human enough, but the outfit did start making him questioning stuff. Where the hell is she from? "No, no, it-it didn't eat." He explained. "It flew me and some other soldiers, it's a ship." He explained. "Where are you from?" He asked again.

"N-no not your ship thing..." She pointed at the car full of skeletons. "That there." Xiao explained as she watched him approach her to be by her side. "I come from a place known as the foggy swamp...not to far from there is a city called Omashu. I tried accessing the spirit realm but ended up here somehow." She replied to his question while still looking at that car with deep suspicion and one arm raised ready to earthbend if the beast came back to life.

Corrin watched in silent amazement. This metal dragon was most certainly useful. Did the man build it himself? Corrin would ask have to ask Cal sometime. Right now she was tired, hungry, and hurting.

The beautiful maiden sighed a bit and knelt down near the newly formed fire to warm herself.
The small drone folded the plasma thrower back onto itself, did a drone's equivalent of a curtsy be doing a mid-air flip, and re-attached itself to Cal's back.

"You know, this guy back in my universe - he's long dead - he said something before, about how hyper-advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic. Only now I realized that it could actually work both ways." Cal sat down on a nearby... destroyed thing, and removed his helmet. "ALFRED, enter passive mode. Deploy perimeter guards."

The three drones flew off in different directions.
Hector stood as the man deployed his mysterious technology and watched them fly off towards different positions. The idea that he was encountering technology not from his world was stunning to say the least. "So Cal. You seem to know what you were doing back there, but care to explain what your flying machine is? It is nothing compared to what we have back home." Hector exclaimed with a scratch of his head as he then turned towards Corrin. "So you have this Dragonstone thing that let's you transform? Then you're not like the dragons I have back home, or had. Not like the dragons from our dark history..."

@Hahli Nuva @Agent Puncake

(I'm bad at keeping track it seems, so I'll just hope I didn't miss anything.)

The massive iceburg crushed the damned machine, as shards of ice came flying all around the area. Soap was in cover when that happened, and BJ quickly ducked into the stairway hall when the shards came his and HK's way. What remained once the air had cleared were Nazi's trying to figure out what the hell happened. Not wasting another second, Soap fired back on the disorganized soldiers, while BJ ran towards them. Pulling out a hatchet hanging off the belt of his pants, he struck one in the throat and fired his rifle at the rest.

Redline's sudden rocket out of nowhere helped add to that chaos, as the German vehicles exploded around the soldiers. What once seemed like certain death was now a chance to fight back and perhaps even make it out of this insanity alive..... Hopefully. At least for the ones outside the building, the ones inside might die.

HK-47 immediately saw the incoming Ice Shards and ducked out of the way, re-organising himself to resume fire on the Nazi Soldiers that were in his path. "Observation: It would seem that you meatbags are outmatched both in skill and killing proficiency. Query: Why don't you just surrender now and let us kill you? Statement: I'm sure I'll be able to have much fun drawing information from you." The Assassin Droid exclaimed as he proceeded to spray down the hallway that the Nazi's were positioned in with blaster fire. In regards to his "allies" in the room, he simply turned towards them and gave them a statement. "Statement: Friendly fie is possible, and I will not be responsible for your injuries from my killing efficiency. Suggestion: I recommend taking cover and letting me handle them."

"Hey! Since when was I not invited to the party? Wahoo!" Yang dropped in finally, sliding along the ground with her gauntlets primed and ready. Almost on cue, a song would begin to play as the Huntress, Yang Xiao Long made her entrance into the battlefield, sporting a excited grin on her face.

untitled_by_alanlanphear-dbhx11k.jpg

"Alright! Time to kick some ass!" Yang exclaimed as she positioned her Ember Celica's behind her and used them to propel herself towards the soldiers, carefully dodging HK-47's blaster fire and smashing herself right into a line of three soldiers. Once she got up from the launch, she would proceed to punch each one while performing dodges and flips between each soldier as she fought them.

@Bobby the Prussian @Blacksmith @Agent Puncake

Mundi spun in place for a moment to make sure it was out of view. Rubble littered the landscape and left it lousy with viewing angles. Good for nearby meetings. Light popped up as it turned some of its system lighting and lidar ground mapping back on to whirl about in place still at speed. IFF deep analysis tools indicated strong consistency with UNSC hardware. There was a marine! Its current environmental count of allies became zero nearly several million milliseconds ago after total sensory error. Now the total was one! Joy!

The voice used the minimum volume required to be heard at current distance and had a hollow aural quality common to directionally shaped projections. Cheer filled its voice like some engineer dropped a sack of sugar in it somewhere for safe keeping then forgot. The bouncing tone came while waving its hands, "A Marine! The t☺tal ☺f accessible allies had never been zer☺ bef☺re! ONI Clandestine Field Infrastructure AI, Mundi rep☺rting! Are we behind enemy lines? 'By any means' pr☺t☺c☺ls are authorized when allies are zer☺ behind enemy lines! I can't alert ONI c☺mmand with☺ut [DATA REDACTED]!"

A single use data chit fired at the notion of the protocol enacted with a dry male voice, "Infantry Recognized. UNSC Clearance Escalation Authorized. OSI: kilo lima one nine zero mike"

The active suspension made no road noise but neither had wheels the glow of antigrav. Rather than fly across the ground like a grav hover the active suspension more dodged and poured around obstacles on its way toward the Ghost.

@Raynar Saassin

"Hmm... Where could it be? I can't see it anywhere." Raynar exclaimed as he began slowing down in movement. While he was heading towards a UNSC IFF tag that was pinging around the area, it could be anywhere around his general area and he could not forget about the possibility that it could be a trap. To a Spartan, being ambushed by enemy forces is all too common for them, more or less in friendly and hostile territory. And considering that he was dumped into a wasteland with a whole bunch of Covenant? He couldn't afford to take any risks.

"Who are you? This is Spartan Raynar, Service Tag R517. UNSC Personnel, identify yourself immediately."

@lil_kreen

"So you guys really do have magic. Damn." Cal shook his head. "Anyhow, this here is a Spectre-class heavy interceptor, fitted for intergalactic and planetary travelling... sorry, in layman's terms, built to fly in space and in the air. The weapons mounted are... you know what, I'm not gonna bore you with mumbo-jumbo. This is a spaceship, it can fly, it can shoot, it can kill. But not that dragon, apparently. Sometimes, magic trumps technology." He sighed. "So what about you people? You guys don't have these back home?" He gestured to his ship, then to his suit.

Redline frowned upon seeing the ice shards and the energetic blonde jumping into battle. More superpowered opponents. In any case, there will be no negotiations - shoot first, ask questions later. But first, he has to find them.

Sneaking around the fallen debris and buildings, Redline scanned the surrounding areas, keeping an eye out for anyone suspicious.

@Raynar Saassin @Hahli Nuva @Bobby the Prussian

Corrin shook her head back to Cal. "I've never seen anything like it. You control this machine so easily, as if you are bonded to it."

The dragon queen walked up to Cal, lightly brushing her hand against his chestplate. She couldn't feel any magic eminating from his armor. Did he make it himself?

"You are most certianly strange..." Corrin chuckled lightly.

@Agent Puncake @Raynar Saassin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back