Status
Not open for further replies.
"I have no interest in deals."

Cold, but really Kolin couldn't care less. For one thing, she barely knew these people. For another, it seemed he was having some sort of communication with Big Mother? How that was to be, she didn't know. But she would leave the monstrous woman to her own devices.

But one thing did pique her interest. So...still alive, then? Kolin turned to Zamasu. "If I may..." she said, bowing. "High Councillor Urien...he is the President of my Society, and the younger brother of my Emperor. If there is a chance he is still alive...I can look for him, while the rest search for the cloaking device. It would not feel right, leaving him here without so much as an attempt to find him."

In reality, he could burn for all she cared. But that man was still important to them...to Gill, somehow even still. How could she face her Society if she left Urien behind?

@Sark @amwexia

Wreck of the Crusader,
Seen by both the Living and the DEAD

View attachment 4585
"So quick witted, Big Mother," Mephisto teased. "You know I love that in a woman. I don't know whether its the burning wreck, the fires of Hell or your enigmatic smile, but something here as got me hot under the collar."

He winked.

"How about we cut to the chance. You of all people know how this goes. I'm here to offer you a deal. You'll accept my deal, because you're all desperate and there's no better option. I screw you over with the small print, but we part as unlikely foes none the less. Sound good?"

"The same offer applies to you, Kolin. What would you give to see your friends again?"

@Jeremi @Raynar Saassin @Yun Lee @Jackythejack

"You're right, Councilor." Zamasu muttered as he stepped into the wreck. "We shouldn't waste our time crying over spilled mortals. Men!" He called his 'new' ground team to his side. Azrael took point. A handful of regular soldiers gathered around him.

"Bring me that cloaking device. Be quick. Time is of the essence."

The soldiers moved out and marched into the burning ship. They pulled their gas-masks over their faces and vanished into the smoke. One stayed behind, her eyes fixed on a device in her hand.

"Did I stammer, private? I gave you a direct order. Follow it."

"Yes, sir. I'm sorry... but my scanner picking up a life-signature inside the ship..."

"Ignore it. A demon must have scurried inside the wreck before we arrive. You colleges will deal with it, I'm certain."

"Yes, sir... but I... The Life-Signature matches that of Councillor Urien..."

"What?"

"It's... possible that he survived the crash, isn't it? I mean... he can turn his skin to bronze. He could have survived..."

Zamasu paused for a moment. His fixed his eyes on the horizon, and the ghostly silhouette of Blackheart's fort.

"Forget about him. Our mission matters more to the Fellowship than the head of another Secularist tool. Stop wasting time. Get in there and find the cloaking device. Now."

@Yun Lee @amwexia

Black Army Outpost
"If you think you can break that lock, I'll handle the demons. I'll draw them away from the facility and take out as many as I can. I'll give you a signal when it's safe to move in. I'll take a man or too with me."

Eli clenched his teeth. He took his radio off his jacket and smashed it against a rock. He removed a long, thin strip of metal from its antenna.

"We'll only get one shot at this, Ashe. Do you think you can pick the lock with this?"

@Takumi @Lucky @amwexia

Big Mother nodded sagely. "Since it is a negotiation, here's my counter offer." You always have to start high before both find a middle ground in all of this. "You will help without the fine print or I will inform my God, Knull, about your transgressions towards one of his devout followers, because, and I think even you are aware of the fact that,"

She leaned in and looked Mephisto dead in the eye. "Knull is coming."

@Sark @Raynar Saassin @Yun Lee @Jackythejack

The CFWs and the Tuffles in Hell
[KLANG]

Brave's blade was caught before it could connect with his prey. Kamin folder her arms and laughed.

"You took your time, bro."

Oren smiled. He gripped CFW's blade tightly with one hand and charged up a Ki blast with the other. His sister followed his example and formed a ki-ball of her own.
upload_2020-1-12_15-32-49-png.4580

[Boom]

The two raging energy spheres- one blue and one pink- struck the CFW and send Brave skidding back across the sand. Kamin caught his sword before it hit the ground.

"What can I say? I wanted to savor the fight with the fleet..."

"You lost, didn't you?"

"I did not!"

"Then where's your Saiyan body?"

"Okay, fine. I was caught off guard..."

"Aw, you poor thing..."

"You know what? Let's just fuse already."

"Already?"

"Look. We've got another CFW heading our way. The Odyssey will be down here any minute. We might as well give it something to shoot at..."

"Eh, I'm down." Kamin laughed.

[Click!]

The Tuffle's palms collided. Purple light flooded the clearing. Sand and filth was whipped up into the air as the pair's powers combined. Thunder crackled in the distance. With a hissing screech, Kaminoren emerged from the smoke.

upload_2020-1-12_15-36-19-png.4581

"Be honest with us--- how do we look?" Kaminoren laughed. "We're the last thing you two are gonna see, so we hope we look alright. Now... which of you two kids wants to die first?"

CFW Magic simply chuckled during their conversation.

"Even if you somehow kill me and Brave, our plans shall continue to thrive, and our Great Goddess shall be resurrected once more. What most of those peons fail to realize by our plans is that even if we die; the Great Arfoire shall extract her energy out of our bodies and hasten the revival process."
"In other words, even if we die, Arfoire will live!"
"So, if you want to kill us, you'd actually be helping us in our plan; resulting in your eventual demise."

@Sark

After the horrific incident had occurred with Compa's body, IF was left in shock. Everyone else could hear her faintly crying over the loss of her best friend, giving in to the chaos when she spoke.

"Iffy? Why are you crying?"
"...Huh...?"
"I'm right here!"
"C-Compa...?"
"Is this what it's like to be dead? I miss my body already..."

IF immediately went to hug Compa but failed due to... being ghosts. While Compa was doing her best to comfort IF, they didn't really pay attention to the area around them.

@Sark @Anyone​

"If I may..." she said, bowing. "High Councillor Urien...he is the President of my Society, and the younger brother of my Emperor. If there is a chance he is still alive...I can look for him, while the rest search for the cloaking device. It would not feel right, leaving him here without so much as an attempt to find him."​
@The Living
The Wreck of the Crusader

"Well, that's a pity." Mephisto grinned. "I was hoping you'd be a little bit more welcoming to the one extra-dimensional being who could solve all your problems. Perhaps your un-dead friends are a little bit more forward thinking..."

With a click of his fingers, Mephisto hid himself from Kolin, just as he had hidden himself from Zamaus and the rest of the Fellowship. Ignorant to the demon's arrival and exit, the Kai stepped forward, grinning.
View attachment 4587
"Save Urien?" A spoke more openly than he had before, knowing that the rest of his men were now out of earshot. "Don't make me laugh. He's a Secularist. If he were here now, I would be calling for his arrest. A Secularist, off to fight a war he never wanted, is the only survivor of a warship crash? It screams of sabotage, no?"

He stepped over Big Mother's body and ventured deeper into the wreck.

"Now... I understand your fears. Gill would no doubt feel... something after hearing of his brother's death, but I doubt that pain would stick around for long. Gill is twice the man his brother was. The way I see it... he doesn't have to know the finer details of Urien's death. It doesn't matter if he died upon impact or if he is left to suffocate in the heart of the Crusader's wreck. In his absence, the Society will need a new Vice-President. They'll need a new representative on the Highest Council..."

"I suggest we forget all about poor Urien and the Crusader. We need to look to the horizon. Do as I... suggest, Kolin, I'll see to it that Urien's title and, more importantly, his command, are yours. What do High Councillor Kolin?"

@Yun Lee @amwexia
Big Mother nodded sagely. "Since it is a negotiation, here's my counter offer." You always have to start high before both find a middle ground in all of this. "You will help without the fine print or I will inform my God, Knull, about your transgressions towards one of his devout followers, because, and I think even you are aware of the fact that,"

She leaned in and looked Mephisto dead in the eye. "Knull is coming."
@The Dead

"Pfft, please," Mephisto groaned. "If you had Knull on speed dial, you would have called him already. I think I'd know if an abomination like Knull had decided to pay my realm a visit."
View attachment 4588
"Nice try at hard-balling, but lying is my thing. Here's my counter-counter offer:

"I'll play around with reality a little. I'll give you your bodies back... well, those of you who's bodies are mostly in one piece can have your bodies back. From there, your friends can do that thing with the glowing fingers and the healing magic to put you back together properly. You're souls will still be stuck here, but you'll have a chance to make a difference. You'll be able to do be a favor.

"That favor will be something called 'proxy filicide. You'll kill Blackheart for me. Don't worry, I'll be helping you from behind the scenes. I'll get you inside his Fortress. In return, once you've chopped his ugly little face off and dragged his twitching body from his throne, you leave it empty.

"Without an ass on that throne of his, I'll be able to take over his territory. With the power I gain from the take over, I'll break the hold my bratty-kid has over your souls and let you all go free. Tit for tat. How can you refuse and offer like that?"

@Raynar Saassin @Crunch @Raynar Saassin @Jeremi
After the horrific incident had occurred with Compa's body, IF was left in shock. Everyone else could hear her faintly crying over the loss of her best friend, giving in to the chaos when she spoke.

"Iffy? Why are you crying?"
"...Huh...?"
"I'm right here!"
"C-Compa...?"
"Is this what it's like to be dead? I miss my body already..."

IF immediately went to hug Compa but failed due to... being ghosts. While Compa was doing her best to comfort IF, they didn't really pay attention to the area around them.

@Sark @Anyone​
"And how about you, ya pair of scamps?" Mephisto grinned and squatted down to IF and Compa's level. "Would you like to take on a little bit of debt, or would you rather spend and eternity punching demons and crying yourself to sleep? What will it be?"

@Raynar Saassin

CFW Magic simply chuckled during their conversation.

"Even if you somehow kill me and Brave, our plans shall continue to thrive, and our Great Goddess shall be resurrected once more. What most of those peons fail to realize by our plans is that even if we die; the Great Arfoire shall extract her energy out of our bodies and hasten the revival process."
"In other words, even if we die, Arfoire will live!"
"So, if you want to kill us, you'd actually be helping us in our plan; resulting in your eventual demise."​
"Let's not get hasty!" Kamioren chuckled. "If you're bodies are going to start shooting off energy when you die, we're better off possessing you and taking that energy for ourselves."

Kamioren's eyes widened.

"Oh, wait! Brainwave! We could let you revive your 'Goddess'! We've never kicked a 'God''s ass before! Now that would be a fight for the ages! Besides, we're gonna have to get some practice in before we take on An'Lu'Munus!"

Kamioren opened its mouth wide and unleashed a mighty Ki blast from deep within its core. The indigo beam blazed through the air between the trio in seconds, ready to burn anything in its path to a crisp.

@Raynar Saassin

Wreck of the Crusader,
Seen by both the Living and the DEAD

View attachment 4585
"So quick witted, Big Mother," Mephisto teased. "You know I love that in a woman. I don't know whether its the burning wreck, the fires of Hell or your enigmatic smile, but something here as got me hot under the collar."

He winked.

"How about we cut to the chance. You of all people know how this goes. I'm here to offer you a deal. You'll accept my deal, because you're all desperate and there's no better option. I screw you over with the small print, but we part as unlikely foes none the less. Sound good?"

"The same offer applies to you, Kolin. What would you give to see your friends again?"

@Jeremi @Raynar Saassin @Yun Lee @Jackythejack

"You're right, Councilor." Zamasu muttered as he stepped into the wreck. "We shouldn't waste our time crying over spilled mortals. Men!" He called his 'new' ground team to his side. Azrael took point. A handful of regular soldiers gathered around him.

"Bring me that cloaking device. Be quick. Time is of the essence."

The soldiers moved out and marched into the burning ship. They pulled their gas-masks over their faces and vanished into the smoke. One stayed behind, her eyes fixed on a device in her hand.

"Did I stammer, private? I gave you a direct order. Follow it."

"Yes, sir. I'm sorry... but my scanner picking up a life-signature inside the ship..."

"Ignore it. A demon must have scurried inside the wreck before we arrive. You colleges will deal with it, I'm certain."

"Yes, sir... but I... The Life-Signature matches that of Councillor Urien..."

"What?"

"It's... possible that he survived the crash, isn't it? I mean... he can turn his skin to bronze. He could have survived..."

Zamasu paused for a moment. His fixed his eyes on the horizon, and the ghostly silhouette of Blackheart's fort.

"Forget about him. Our mission matters more to the Fellowship than the head of another Secularist tool. Stop wasting time. Get in there and find the cloaking device. Now."

@Yun Lee @amwexia

Black Army Outpost
"If you think you can break that lock, I'll handle the demons. I'll draw them away from the facility and take out as many as I can. I'll give you a signal when it's safe to move in. I'll take a man or too with me."

Eli clenched his teeth. He took his radio off his jacket and smashed it against a rock. He removed a long, thin strip of metal from its antenna.

"We'll only get one shot at this, Ashe. Do you think you can pick the lock with this?"

@Takumi @Lucky @amwexia

"Yes, that'll work just fine." Ashe replied, taking the strip of metal from Eli and examining it, before nodding. He would do his best to get that door opened as swiftly as possible.

If he could break into castle Gaspard as a child this shouldn't be too hard, right?

@Sark @amwexia @Lucky

ROMAN

Roman rushes his hand through his hair. Taking a step back and sitting down. Sparks were definitely flying. Kolin is the only other person he knows he can trust that’s still alive.

“Holy fuck...” Roman says, “holy shit...”

He should have just stayed at home like he originally wanted to do. He’s gonna die and he knows it. He’s never gonna see his husband Lovis ever again...

@Sark @Yun Lee

—-///—-///—-///—-

MADDIE

As much as Maddie would hate to admit it, she’s kind of scared.

“I’ll enter with Ashe” she says, “What if he gets hurt? I mean, it’s better than doing nothing.”

@Sark @Takumi @Lucky

"And how about you, ya pair of scamps?" Mephisto grinned and squatted down to IF and Compa's level. "Would you like to take on a little bit of debt, or would you rather spend and eternity punching demons and crying yourself to sleep? What will it be?"

"Should we make a deal with the devil, Iffy?"
"I don't know... I don't know..."
"Umm... What would you be able to do for us, mister?"

@Sark
"Let's not get hasty!" Kamioren chuckled. "If you're bodies are going to start shooting off energy when you die, we're better off possessing you and taking that energy for ourselves."

Kamioren's eyes widened.

"Oh, wait! Brainwave! We could let you revive your 'Goddess'! We've never kicked a 'God''s ass before! Now that would be a fight for the ages! Besides, we're gonna have to get some practice in before we take on An'Lu'Munus!"

Kamioren opened its mouth wide and unleashed a mighty Ki blast from deep within its core. The indigo beam blazed through the air between the trio in seconds, ready to burn anything in its path to a crisp.

"Hmhm. If you so badly want the challenge, then don't disappoint me. The other two CFW's are already dead before we were 'chosen' so if we die? You'll get your fight. But we won't make it easy for you!"

Magic exclaimed as she and Brave just barely jumped out of the way of Kamioren's fiery blaze and readied themselves for combat once more.

@Sark

ROMAN

Roman rushes his hand through his hair. Taking a step back and sitting down. Sparks were definitely flying. Kolin is the only other person he knows he can trust that’s still alive.

“Holy fuck...” Roman says, “holy shit...”

He should have just stayed at home like he originally wanted to do. He’s gonna die and he knows it. He’s never gonna see his husband Lovis ever again...

@Sark @Yun Lee

—-///—-///—-///—-

MADDIE

“I’ll enter with Ashe” she says, “What if he gets hurt? I mean, it’s better than doing nothing.”

@Sark @Takumi @Lucky

"Thank you for wanting to come along with me, Maddie." Ashe perked up, a little surprised by the fact that she would risk potentially getting caught by a few demons to ensure his safety. It wasn't an unpleasant surprise either,and he'd make sure to look out for her as well.

"I can aid you and your men, Captain." Silque spoke up. She didn't necessarily care where she went, just as long as she could put her healing to use.

@Sark @amwexia @Lucky

"It is true...Gill is by far superior to his brother in every way. But he would never want him dead if the opportunity presented itself." She bowed again. "I...appreciate your suggestion, High Councillor. But I cannot do that to his brother."

Without another word, Kolin departed for the wreckage, determined to find Urien for herself. All the while, she felt a fiery-hot anger within her, one so deep it could turn her cryokinetics into pyrokinetics. Zamasu...she couldn't believe that man! More than happy to kill a Secularist just because of what they believed. It was vile, it was wicked, and absolutely not what the Goddess would want at all! Not her Goddess...not the beautiful savior. His Goddess was perverted into something evil.

And bribing her with Urien's spot on the High Council? How corrupt could you get?! Power...ambition...that had never been Kolin's desire. What she wanted was peace. What she wanted was to stay by her Emperor's side as he brought forth his Utopia. How could she look Gill in the eyes if she accepted such an insidious deal? She couldn't. So, she was going to save Urien...

...and keep one eye open when Zamasu was around.

@Sark @amwexia

@The Living

"Well, that's a pity." Mephisto grinned. "I was hoping you'd be a little bit more welcoming to the one extra-dimensional being who could solve all your problems. Perhaps your un-dead friends are a little bit more forward thinking..."

With a click of his fingers, Mephisto hid himself from Kolin, just as he had hidden himself from Zamaus and the rest of the Fellowship. Ignorant to the demon's arrival and exit, the Kai stepped forward, grinning.
View attachment 4587
"Save Urien?" A spoke more openly than he had before, knowing that the rest of his men were now out of earshot. "Don't make me laugh. He's a Secularist. If he were here now, I would be calling for his arrest. A Secularist, off to fight a war he never wanted, is the only survivor of a warship crash? It screams of sabotage, no?"

He stepped over Big Mother's body and ventured deeper into the wreck.

"Now... I understand your fears. Gill would no doubt feel... something after hearing of his brother's death, but I doubt that pain would stick around for long. Gill is twice the man his brother was. The way I see it... he doesn't have to know the finer details of Urien's death. It doesn't matter if he died upon impact or if he is left to suffocate in the heart of the Crusader's wreck. In his absence, the Society will need a new Vice-President. They'll need a new representative on the Highest Council..."

"I suggest we forget all about poor Urien and the Crusader. We need to look to the horizon. Do as I... suggest, Kolin, I'll see to it that Urien's title and, more importantly, his command, are yours. What do High Councillor Kolin?"

@Yun Lee @amwexia

@The Dead

"Pfft, please," Mephisto groaned. "If you had Knull on speed dial, you would have called him already. I think I'd know if an abomination like Knull had decided to pay my realm a visit."
View attachment 4588
"Nice try at hard-balling, but lying is my thing. Here's my counter-counter offer:

"I'll play around with reality a little. I'll give you your bodies back... well, those of you who's bodies are mostly in one piece can have your bodies back. From there, your friends can do that thing with the glowing fingers and the healing magic to put you back together properly. You're souls will still be stuck here, but you'll have a chance to make a difference. You'll be able to do be a favor.

"That favor will be something called 'proxy filicide. You'll kill Blackheart for me. Don't worry, I'll be helping you from behind the scenes. I'll get you inside his Fortress. In return, once you've chopped his ugly little face off and dragged his twitching body from his throne, you leave it empty.

"Without an ass on that throne of his, I'll be able to take over his territory. With the power I gain from the take over, I'll break the hold my bratty-kid has over your souls and let you all go free. Tit for tat. How can you refuse and offer like that?"

@Raynar Saassin @Crunch @Raynar Saassin @Jeremi

@Raynar Saassin

Kamioren's eyes widened.

@Raynar Saassin

Of course intimidation didn’t work, but, “Perhaps a devout follower could imply the importance of ruling their very own hell dimension…” But that was neither here nor there. Knull would see his opposition stomped out in due time. “But perhaps you’re right.” He was, after all, just that. A Hell lord. One domain of damned souls.

Mephisto’s counteroffer, however, was certainly something. Help him kill Blackheart? That’s why Big Mother was here, to begin with. This demon was still the Prince of Lies however and that fine print still loomed over this entire ordeal. “Of course, with Blackheart’s death our souls would in turn fall to the next Hell lord in charge,” She motioned towards Mephisto. “I will be upfront and say that I do not trust you to set our souls free, only for them to exchange hands from your mutt of a son to yourself. Any hell lord worth his salt wants more souls to fill the quota and while we are not the largest group it will be a net loss to you. There will have to be compensation, I assume? A favor down the line?”

Big Mother was not going to shake any hands nor agree to any verbal contacts until she was satisfied with the outcome. She was if nothing else meticulous and at the end of the day, only one God could keep her attention.

"Umm... What would you be able to do for us, mister?"

@Sark

"Hmhm. If you so badly want the challenge, then don't disappoint me. The other two CFW's are already dead before we were 'chosen' so if we die? You'll get your fight. But we won't make it easy for you!"

Magic exclaimed as she and Brave just barely jumped out of the way of Kamioren's fiery blaze and readied themselves for combat once more.

@Sark

"Quiet children, the grown-ups are speaking." She wasn't going to muddle this deal with more fingers in the pot.

@Sark @Raynar Saassin @Crunch @Jeremi

"Yes, that'll work just fine." Ashe replied, taking the strip of metal from Eli and examining it, before nodding. He would do his best to get that door opened as swiftly as possible.

If he could break into castle Gaspard as a child this shouldn't be too hard, right?

@Sark @amwexia @Lucky

@Sark @Takumi @Lucky

Outpost
"Good... Good..." Eli muttered. "Don't die."

Eli put all is remaining strength into short sprint.

"Hey! Assholes!" He screamed, firing his rifle into the heavens. "Over here!!"

The demons took the bait. Captain White retreated over a nearby ridge, taking the demonic horde with him. The rest of the outpost was thrown into disarray. One of the Sith guards ventured back into the outpost for a moment. He emerged on the back of a large speeder-bike, reader to hunt and pursue the distracting captain. The guards in the watchman's towers kept their eyes fixed on the horizons, watching the chase take place.

The path to the outpost's back door was no clear. Now was their chance.

@Takumi @amwexia
"It is true...Gill is by far superior to his brother in every way. But he would never want him dead if the opportunity presented itself." She bowed again. "I...appreciate your suggestion, High Councillor. But I cannot do that to his brother."

Without another word, Kolin departed for the wreckage, determined to find Urien for herself. All the while, she felt a fiery-hot anger within her, one so deep it could turn her cryokinetics into pyrokinetics. Zamasu...she couldn't believe that man! More than happy to kill a Secularist just because of what they believed. It was vile, it was wicked, and absolutely not what the Goddess would want at all! Not her Goddess...not the beautiful savior. His Goddess was perverted into something evil.

And bribing her with Urien's spot on the High Council? How corrupt could you get?! Power...ambition...that had never been Kolin's desire. What she wanted was peace. What she wanted was to stay by her Emperor's side as he brought forth his Utopia. How could she look Gill in the eyes if she accepted such an insidious deal? She couldn't. So, she was going to save Urien...

...and keep one eye open when Zamasu was around.

@Sark @amwexia
Wreck of the Crusader
The Living

View attachment 4589
"I shan't lie. I'm... disappointed." Zamasu's grin relaxed a little. "Then again, perhaps it's my fault. Perhaps I expected too much ambition from an ape." He released a short, sharp chuckle.

"Have it your way. Venture into that flaming wreck. Search for your master. Enjoy your wild goose chase. I wont stop you. But I won't wait for you either... If you need me, I'll be marching on Blackheart's capital and ending this war..."

Zamasu stepped aside and let Kolin enter the wreck.

@Yun Lee @amwexia

@Sark
Wasteland
"We wouldn't want it any other way!!" Kamioren's aura flared forth. Indigo fire consumed them. With a sadistic grin on its face, the Mutant Machine charged forth. In a flash, it was upon the CFWs. It stretched its arms out to form a double clothesline and shattered windpipes of both Magic and Brave. Once they were certain that their foes had been stunned, the Tuffle leaped into the skies and released a rain of storm purple ki balls in the CFWs' direction. "You're very confident in that 'God' of yours! I feel like you've got a rude awakening waiting for you!!!"

@Raynar Saassin

"Umm... What would you be able to do for us, mister?"​
"Quiet children, the grown-ups are speaking." She wasn't going to muddle this deal with more fingers in the pot.

The Wreck of the Crusader, ext
The Dead

"Now now, Mother! That's no way to speak to the next generation! They're out future, you know!" Mephisto cackled and ruffled Compa's hair. "I say we teach them about the nasty stuff early on. We tell them about vivisection, murder and the truth about Santa by the age of three. Save them the trauma later on, right?"

The demon slowly straightened out his body back out to its full height. It was almost as if he had gained a few inches to match Big Mother's size.

@Raynar Saassin @Crunch @Jeremi
Of course intimidation didn’t work, but, “Perhaps a devout follower could imply the importance of ruling their very own hell dimension…” But that was neither here nor there. Knull would see his opposition stomped out in due time. “But perhaps you’re right.” He was, after all, just that. A Hell lord. One domain of damned souls.

Mephisto’s counteroffer, however, was certainly something. Help him kill Blackheart? That’s why Big Mother was here, to begin with. This demon was still the Prince of Lies however and that fine print still loomed over this entire ordeal. “Of course, with Blackheart’s death our souls would in turn fall to the next Hell lord in charge,” She motioned towards Mephisto. “I will be upfront and say that I do not trust you to set our souls free, only for them to exchange hands from your mutt of a son to yourself. Any hell lord worth his salt wants more souls to fill the quota and while we are not the largest group it will be a net loss to you. There will have to be compensation, I assume? A favor down the line?”
"Of course I'm not to be trusted, Mother," Mephisto sneered. "But, the way I see it, you're in a rough enough spot to eat up whatever I put on your plate. Can you be certain that I will set you free? No. You can't."
View attachment 4590
"But does it really matter? If you work with me, you get your bodies back, at least for a spell. You get a shot at revenge. You get a shot at freeing your friend and finding your precious Goddess."

He bared his teeth.

"And yes, I know allll about your Goddess."

"If you turn down my help, you'll remain trapped here for all eternity. Sooner or later, Blackheart's men will catch you, just like they'll capture Summers and James. That's how eternities work. What I'm offering you is a chance. I'm offering you the possibility that you'll be able to go home. I'm offering you hope."

"But let's not pretend that I don't have angle here. Taking over Blackheart's realm will award me enough souls to forget all about yours. The House will get the largest share of the profits, but you'll get a little somethin'-somethin' too. Even a little somethin'-somethin' is better than nothing. So what do you say, Mother? Care to shake an old sinner's hand?"

Kolin walked past Zamasu, careful to hide the disgusted sneer on her face as she did so. He would let her go so easily...? She didn't trust it. Not daring to let her guard down in this wreckage, she'd try and put out flames with snow. "Lord Urien?" Kolin called, figuring the quickest way to lure the man out was appealing to his ego. "Are you here? They said your vital signs had been detected. Are you still with us?"

@Sark @amwexia

Kolin walked past Zamasu, careful to hide the disgusted sneer on her face as she did so. He would let her go so easily...? She didn't trust it. Not daring to let her guard down in this wreckage, she'd try and put out flames with snow. "Lord Urien?" Kolin called, figuring the quickest way to lure the man out was appealing to his ego. "Are you here? They said your vital signs had been detected. Are you still with us?"

@Sark @amwexia
The Living

[Boom!]
Kolin felt a string gust of wind strike her. Before she could cry out, her body was tossed deep into the ruins. Beau and Roman were thrown down after her. The trio slide down a spiraling corridor and into the blackness bellow.
View attachment 4591
"I won't ask for your forgiveness, Kolin. I don't need it. The Crusader's wreck will stand as a monument to your betrayal. A monument to your lack of a ambition. Consider it a gravestone, of sorts."

With a creak and a groan, the mouth of the tunnel collapsed. Razor sharp sheets of metal came sliding down the corridor after the trio, blocking out the last threads of light.

Zamasu's void echoed down after them, now muffled by the steel.

"Fear not. The Fellowship will remember you for how you lived. Moderate to the very end. Pitifully so. It's tragic."

"But the Multiverse doesn't need half measures. Not anymore. It needs strength. A guiding hand. It needs divine wrath. And Urien? Veranke? Nox? You? You all stand in the way of that Sacred Sword. Just like Gowasu did. And you'll share his fate..."

"I trust that the Goddess will forgive me for removing the filth from her path... You'll have to ask her for me... you'll be seeing her again soon..."

The Chosen slid to a stop. The were hot. Tired. It was hard to breathe.

They couldn't see a thing...

@amwexia @Yun Lee @Lucky

Last edited:
"!!!!!!"

Though she had expected something like this, Kolin cried out as she was thrown into the ruins by that damned traitor. "ZAMASU...!" She yelled at him as she stumbled to her feet, glaring at where she thought she had fallen from. But even then, she wasn't sure. Traitor...traitor! Was this high council full of nothing but radicals and thickheads?! Breathing hard, her body in pain, Kolin refused to give up hope. "We are going...to find...a way out..." She said, breathing hard. "We...we have to...he must...be stopped...!" She tried to get her eyes adjusted to the darkness. "Are you both...okay?"

@Sark @amwexia @Lucky

The Living

[Boom!]
Kolin felt a string gust of wind strike her. Before she could cry out, her body was tossed deep into the ruins. Beau and Roman were thrown down after her. The trio slide down a spiraling corridor and into the blackness bellow.
View attachment 4591

"I won't ask for your forgiveness, Kolin. I don't need it. The Crusader's wreck will stand as a monument to your betrayal. A monument to your lack of a ambition. Consider it a gravestone, of sorts."

With a creak and a groan, the mouth of the tunnel collapsed. Razor sharp sheets of metal came sliding down the corridor after the trio, blocking out the last threads of light.

Zamasu's void echoed down after them, now muffled by the steel.

"Fear not. The Fellowship will remember you for how you lived. Moderate to the very end. Pitifully so. It's tragic."

"But the Multiverse doesn't need half measures. Not anymore. It needs strength. A guiding hand. It needs divine wrath. And Urien? Veranke? Nox? You? You all stand in the way of that Sacred Sword. Just like Gowasu did. And you'll share his fate..."

"I trust that the Goddess will forgive me for removing the filth from her path... You'll have to ask her for me... you'll be seeing her again soon..."

The Chosen slid to a stop. The were hot. Tired. It was hard to breathe.

They couldn't see a thing...

@amwexia @Yun Lee @Lucky

"!!!!!!"

Though she had expected something like this, Kolin cried out as she was thrown into the ruins by that damned traitor. "ZAMASU...!" She yelled at him as she stumbled to her feet, glaring at where she thought she had fallen from. But even then, she wasn't sure. Traitor...traitor! Was this high council full of nothing but radicals and thickheads?! Breathing hard, her body in pain, Kolin refused to give up hope. "We are going...to find...a way out..." She said, breathing hard. "We...we have to...he must...be stopped...!" She tried to get her eyes adjusted to the darkness. "Are you both...okay?"

@Sark @amwexia @Lucky

Roman rushed his hand through his hair, and turned to Kolin.

“W-we’re all gonna d-die!” Roman stutters, his mind racing as fear takes over.

This is it. It’s all over for Roman. He’ll never see Lovis. Nope. Never.

Roman doesn’t want to die, but he has no choice.

I don’t want to die, I don’t want to fade, I don’t want to die, I don’t want to fade, I don’t want to die, I don’t want to die.

“I don’t want to die,”

Sparks fly from Roman’s hand, as fear turns to anger. His hands close. It was Zamasu’s fault. He betrayed Roman’s trust, he betrayed Kolin’s trust, he betrayed Beau’s trust.

This anger turned primal, it turned his stomach inside out.

It was all Roman could feel...

"Feel. Turn your passion into a weapon. Stay alive"

Roman could hear the Goddess again.

It’s like... she knew.

He stood up, a newfound bravery acting before he could even rationalize it. His eyes glow, electricity courses through his veins.

With one guttural scream, Roman jumped upwards. His electricity boosting his jump as he attempts to reach the top of the twisting metal box he finds himself in, in order to break out.

@Sark @Yun Lee @Lucky

Outpost

The demons took the bait. Captain White retreated over a nearby ridge, taking the demonic horde with him. The rest of the outpost was thrown into disarray. One of the Sith guards ventured back into the outpost for a moment. He emerged on the back of a large speeder-bike, reader to hunt and pursue the distracting captain. The guards in the watchman's towers kept their eyes fixed on the horizons, watching the chase take place.

@Takumi @amwexia

Wreck of the Crusader
The Living

View attachment 4589
"I shan't lie. I'm... disappointed." Zamasu's grin relaxed a little. "Then again, perhaps it's my fault. Perhaps I expected too much ambition from an ape." He released a short, sharp chuckle.

"Have it your way. Venture into that flaming wreck. Search for your master. Enjoy your wild goose chase. I wont stop you. But I won't wait for you either... If you need me, I'll be marching on Blackheart's capital and ending this war..."

@Yun Lee @amwexia

Wasteland
"We wouldn't want it any other way!!" Kamioren's aura flared forth. Indigo fire consumed them. With a sadistic grin on its face, the Mutant Machine charged forth. In a flash, it was upon the CFWs. It stretched its arms out to form a double clothesline and shattered windpipes of both Magic and Brave. Once they were certain that their foes had been stunned, the Tuffle leaped into the skies and released a rain of storm purple ki balls in the CFWs' direction. "You're very confident in that 'God' of yours! I feel like you've got a rude awakening waiting for you!!!"

@Raynar Saassin

The Dead

"Now now, Mother! That's no way to speak to the next generation! They're out future, you know!" Mephisto cackled and ruffled Compa's hair. "I say we teach them about the nasty stuff early on. We tell them about vivisection, murder and the truth about Santa by the age of three. Save them the trauma later on, right?"

The demon slowly straightened out his body back out to its full height. It was almost as if he had gained a few inches to match Big Mother's size.

"Of course I'm not to be trusted, Mother," Mephisto sneered. "But, the way I see it, you're in a rough enough spot to eat up whatever I put on your plate. Can you be certain that I will set you free? No. You can't."
View attachment 4590
"But does it really matter? If you work with me, you get your bodies back, at least for a spell. You get a shot at revenge. You get a shot at freeing your friend and finding your precious Goddess."

He bared his teeth.

"If you turn down my help, you'll remain trapped here for all eternity. Sooner or later, Blackheart's men will catch you, just like they'll capture Summers and James. That's how eternities work. What I'm offering you is a chance. I'm offering you the possibility that you'll be able to go home. I'm offering you hope."

"But let's not pretend that I don't have angle here. Taking over Blackheart's realm will award me enough souls to forget all about yours. The House will get the largest share of the profits, but you'll get a little somethin'-somethin' too. Even a little somethin'-somethin' is better than nothing. So what do you say, Mother? Care to shake an old sinner's hand?"

With the way clear, Ashe quickly went to the door and got to work trying to pick the lock, and to Maddie he spoke in a hushed tone so only she could hear over the sound of gunfire and revved engines.

"I'll need you to watch my back and keep a lookout while I work, once I get it open I'll tap your arm so we can get in quick." He spoke as he worked, focused on his task at hand.

@Sark @amwexia

Beau

Beau was pissed. That was an understatement. " Throughly pissed off at that fucking traitor and in the mood to punch something," she replied, taking a moment to think as Roman sparked electricity. " And I think I might," she replied, taking a deep breath, honing all of her training and performing a flurry of blows on the sheet of metals that had blocked them in.

@Sark @Yun Lee @amwexia

Jester

Jester would follow the other woman and create her duplicate to follow and help Eli. It was the best she could do.

@Takumi @amwexia @Sark

Seeing her companions fight to escape gave Kolin a surge of confidence in spite of the situation. As they began to attack the metal, she joined in, layering on ice in between their attacks. Perhaps if they got the metal cold enough after being so hot, it would be easier to shatter because of the temperatures.

@Sark @amwexia @Lucky

Time seemed to slow to a crawl. The Inheritor's smiling eyes fell upon his corpse.

Amidst the loud sounds of Cunber's rage, Eliphas' grin faded. It curled downwards at; first, cracked skin softened, and scarlet eyes dimmed. What little color remained in the Dark Apostle's inhuman visage was drained, leaving him as pale as a corpse - a real corpse, the one that now lies beneath that accrued hide, shattered underneath the weight of a steel crossbeam that stuck in through his abdomen and out his back.

His head tilted just to the side, brows raising - shock, confusion, perhaps? Who could tell? The Word Bearer was loose with his feelings. To serve Chaos is to surrender one's self to that tantalizing abyss lying within us all. Push every emotion beyond the edge of reason and experience the passion of true freedom. Rage, despair, ecstasy, and ambition. All or none - everything and nothing - form the eight-star path upon which the enlightened sinner receives his gift. Bloody or pleasurable, rotten, or mutative; never the same, always different, always suffering.

Death is just another gift. It is chaos. It is to be celebrated.

Celebration through judgment.

Cunber's muscles suddenly seized all at once. A sharp sensation, like stakes being driven through his supple ligaments, held the Saiyan in place. No amount of gnashing, yelling, smashing, kicking, or blasting freed him. He was rendered impotent. Eliphas' hand reached out just before the Saiyan could drive a fist into his exposed head, softly uncurling to wrap around the warrior's face like a spider. His palm forced against Cunber's lips, and his clawed fingers pressed against his eyelids.

"Look with the eyes that I give you," his voice echoed, deep and displeased. "And relish in the Truth."

And then Cunber was no longer at the crash site.

At first, he would not have noticed anything different, as the world remained calm despite the chaos of the situation. It was after the Inheritor evoked the word 'truth' that the Saiyan's eyes quiver intensely. The color on Eliphas' figure began to melt off of him as a painting left too long in the sun. Then went the ground beneath his feet, as also did the wreckage and Hell's crimson horizon. The greyish shapes left in their receding wake remained for just a few moments, hanging in the air like poor mockeries of what was originally there. They, too, ceased existence, and nothing beside remained beyond the infinite space.

Then, chaos followed.

Something unearthly gripped the Saiyan's eyes with incomprehensible malice. A maddening dream of a sort ultimately indescribable seized every facet of his crushing senses in a levy of abhorrent visions of someplace far beyond this uncertain veil, a place so subsumed in the unfathomable essence of chaos that what it truly was twisted at every microcosm of every second. A living nightmare welcomed the Saiyan into its ever blackened abyss - submerging him in a torrent of thought that shred his self apart in an instant of his arrival.

The sensations defied description. The utterance 'Cunber' soon had no meaning, the identity that it may have once belonged to disseminated. And yet his Body remained - still a spirit, much like the Inheritor, but a vessel nonetheless for what soon followed. Cunber's form shambled backward from Eliphas' hand into a fit of thrashing and howling. Unintelligible gibberings slipped free of his shuddering jaw, hands flying up to his broad face to scratch into his eyelids. His nails dug into the skin and ripped it away in grotesque repetition, eliciting howls of pain with every gouge.

Much to his maddened displeasure, the skin did not separate from his bone - it twisted. The Saiyan's arm flew backward and mustered a muffled snap from his shoulders, which then began to bulge outwards and twitch, the flesh across his body suddenly beginning to roil and bubble like a gory stew. A metamorphosis enraptured what was once Cunber, parts of his skin splitting open to reveal twisted, misformed limbs that flew towards the air with a rapidity that rivaled lightning across the sky. The hair across his head and back calcified like bone, forming jagged horns and bony spurs sticking jarringly out from his mutated form.

The accursed thing that stood in Cunber's wake was of some diseased fancy, a grotesque mockery of life that resembled a living mass of flailing limbs, horns, tentacles, and teeth. Multiple mouths gnashed at the air for nothing, and tentacles whipped for something to fondle, eyes rapidly blinked and bled some tarlike substance that joins the already growing pool of blood, saliva and other liquids at whatever horrible composition of feet it had. A vague humanoid form may have stood there, but it was no human, nor was it a Saiyan. It's most massive head spat out some gurgled howl to the stygian skyline of Hell - some cruel mixture of a roar and a pained scream.

What it was hearing cannot be faithfully described. A storm of sounds, most of them screams. A single voice quieted the wind for just a moment, speaking directly to the newly formed Chaos Spawn. It had no choice but to serve it.

Now, you have nothing to fear. Nothing to think.

Embrace instinct, the rage you so desperately desired, and heed this one command.

Kill Blackheart.

Only then will I allow you to die truly.

The Chaos Spawn shuddered and gurgled out another abnormal sound, spinning about in vanishing into a blur of hungering flesh. It's set of eyes honed in on Blackheart's fortress. It would relentlessly pursue this purpose with reckless abandon, even as a spiritual entity. It yearned to die at any cost.

Eliphas turned away as the abomination he created vanished beyond the wreckage, calmly stepping over his corpse and glancing down at the scarlet horned helmet lying at his feet. He kneeled and grasped the helm, gently dusting it clean of the grime it had accumulated before placing it over his head. The armor sealed the helmet in place atop his head, his glimmering eyes still shining behind the opening in the front of the mask.

He then turned towards the Devil.

"My apologies, what were you saying?"

@Raynar Saassin @Sark @Jeremi

Outpost

@Takumi @amwexia

Wreck of the Crusader
The Living

View attachment 4589

@Yun Lee @amwexia

Wasteland

@Raynar Saassin

The Dead

View attachment 4590

He bared his teeth.

"All of it is very sound..." Big Mother nodded. As it stood Mephisto held all the cards or at least looked like he did. "I do wonder...some of these beings dead with me are not of this world. Far from it in fact. I will not assume to know much about a cosmic hierarchy but claiming souls, not of this universe feels a little..." She grinned. "Suspect."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back