The Last Heroes' Guild The Last Heroes' Guild [OOC and Meta]

I also have a question thats relates to enchanted or magical items. If an object is made magical because of the materials it's made of would changing worlds really affect it?

I also have a question thats relates to enchanted or magical items. If an object is made magical because of the materials it's made of would changing worlds really affect it?

Well, you'd have to explain some more. Remember, all magic comes from the stream. So a "magical material" is just a material that is constantly pulling magic from the stream. So when we changed worlds it would be pulling magic from the new stream. That means it likely would be changed.

What is a magical material you are considering?

Alchemic ingrediants and ores mostly, or heck even certain beast hides. This is my bad tho when I said magical I didnt literally mean the materials are magical in that they draw from the stream, but that their materials can do magic like things. For example, flint hitting iron creating sparks, or the mixtures of liquids to create explosive potions. So I guess im asking at large do or should properties of materials change when we change worlds. Like woud new world steel and old world steel be the same thing? What you said to the first question tho answered it, unless the material draws from the stream it wont be affected by our world hop. However that brings about the second question

Alchemic ingrediants and ores mostly, or heck even certain beast hides. This is my bad tho when I said magical I didnt literally mean the materials are magical in that they draw from the stream, but that their materials can do magic like things. For example, flint hitting iron creating sparks, or the mixtures of liquids to create explosive potions. So I guess im asking at large do or should properties of materials change when we change worlds. Like woud new world steel and old world steel be the same thing? What you said to the first question tho answered it, unless the material draws from the stream it wont be affected by our world hop. However that brings about the second question
You mean something intrinsically magic?
I think we have established that magic comes from a source that is the stream. Otherwise we need another source for such material.

You mean something intrinsically magic?
I think we have established that magic comes from a source that is the stream. Otherwise we need another source for such material.
Mhm I acknowledged that part, but now im curious whether common, or non magical materials, of our world share the same properties of the other

That is if they even exist in the new world. Could very well have none or few of the same plants, ores, and beasts.

Mhm I acknowledged that part, but now im curious whether common, or non magical materials, of our world share the same properties of the other
I have not thought about that. If they do it would mean we need to learn it all over again which is a tempting idea. Would pose a challenge to our alchemists and medics and we would need to figure out what is edible. Among other things.

@Average So, are you going with the brawler with the repressed memories of wizardry, or are you going for a different character?
Not a brawler at all. He'll have repressed memories of magic, so to cope he distracts himself with academics. Like the lazy scholar whos only potentiel in life was magic. With that taken away he looks into finding purpose outside fireballs

I have not thought about that. If they do it would mean we need to learn it all over again which is a tempting idea. Would pose a challenge to our alchemists and medics and we would need to figure out what is edible. Among other things.

Yup exactly. Idk if thats something we as a group eant but it's something worth poiting out. It be easy just to assume simple materials are present in both worlds without a difference which I dont mind either it depends on ya'll.

Out of curiosity, who suggested the idea of the Youran?
That would be me

Not a brawler at all. He'll have repressed memories of magic, so to cope he distracts himself with academics. Like the lazy scholar whos only potentiel in life was magic. With that taken away he looks into finding purpose outside fireballs

Still the same premise. I'm going with my alternative.

What type of time are these guys in? I saw magic guns involved, but what type of gun? Flintlocks and musckets? Tommy Guns and Revilvers? Modern?

This is essentially what was posted by @Average

Function: Ok so a magelocke has a presscussion cap firing mechanism, however can only load one "bullet" through a bolt mechanism. The percussion cap will be located on the right of the weapon(same has any musket) while the bolt handle will be on the left side of the gun. When the bolt is pulled back its opens up a hatch on top of the rifle. The hatch is where the gunner drops the bullet. The bolt then pushed back up and locked in place(locking is done by pushing the bolt handle down) Now this is where things get a bit magical. The ammunition of the rifle isn't an actual bullet, but a transparent cylinder vial about the size of your modern day rifle bullet. Both ends of the vial are covered by two very resistant metal stoppers that have small holes in the middle of them. The metal stopper facing the bolt has a gum like solid that can stop liquids/gases but not solids. The metal stopper facing the barrel of the rifle only has a fitted cork in the middle that can be easily removed by applying force from behind. You see inside the bolt there is also a thin rod that pokes a hole through the vials center mush. At that point the percussion cap can be cocked. Finally the rifle itself is ready to fire. When the trigger is pulled, the percussion hammer goes down and causes a spark. The spark is then conducted through the small thin rod and ignites the liquid in the vial letting out a energy like projectile through the barrel. The projectile that comes out of this Maglocke is completely dependent on the vial's contents and the shape of the barrel as well as the user's imagination. For example, a fire bolt vial ignited in a magelocke with a groved bore barrel will allow the magic bolt to become a faster and more accurate projectile. The substances in the vial are meant to be easy to make, however that's up to debate depending on how magic,alchemy, and materials within the old old world pan out. Also the vials aren't destroyed after the weapon has fired. In fact their made to withstand ignition, however it's very impractical to refill the vials during active combat. Essentially with this weapon idea is for guild members who aren't so combat oriented(such as the roles I discussed previously) but needs a relatively simple weapon to use when they're put into combat situations.

Oh sweet thank you I was about to do that. Feel free to critque as needed on the rough design @Otomos the Crazy. Essentially I was just trying to make a rifle that was powered by a combination of science and alchemy and required no prior knowledge in actual magic.

So, are there only rifles, or are there pistols? Probably the former (since the description seemed more oriented for a two-handed firearm), but I wanted to be sure

Back