The Last Heroes' Guild The Last Heroes' Guild [OOC and Meta]

I was thinking that everyone's magical abilities should shrink when they step through the portal to the New World.
It's like gravity, the gravity on the moon is less then it is on earth. So, if someone where to live on the moon and then go to earth, they probably wouldn't be able to walk or jump properly. Having less magical power would cause a lot of problems at the beginning, but eventually we would get a hold of it.

Well, we are already going to be facing a trade off because of the difference in magical sources. Remember, the more powerful the magic we use in the New World, the greater the chance of something "different" happening. So that alone is going to stop us from being able to rely on our most powerful magic right off the bat. Attempting to use powerful magic could even seriously harm us. Though we probably won't be aware of this immediately.

Well, we are already going to be facing a trade off because of the difference in magical sources. Remember, the more powerful the magic we use in the New World, the greater the chance of something "different" happening. So that alone is going to stop us from being able to rely on our most powerful magic right off the bat. Attempting to use powerful magic could even seriously harm us. Though we probably won't be aware of this immediately.

Glad that if my characters don't use magic, they can just sit on people and squish them. XD

Hm...maybe I should make a character that was originally a magic-user, but suffered something, and decided to be a physical fighter, deluding themselves into thinking that they've always fought with a weapon, and repressing the memories, knowledg, and power into the innermost parts of their thoughts.

Any thoughts?

It's funny that you still think I'm a boy. Also, you're half right about why I put it up. That's one of the things that inspires me. I might design an inner personality for my character based on that.

Oh yeah. I guess it's just your name plus your picture. Also, I can dig inspirational sentences or paragraphs. I use to like thinking up small, but powerful sentences. Or maybe a group of sentences. That would get me all inspired when I read it .

I mean, not like inspirational quotes, just like cool sentences. I had one that was something like

"... this palpable presence of pestilence was so called Ralie and he demanded fear or promised torment, and he grinned a toothed grin of certain madness, and he reeked of the most putrid death everywhere."

Or something like that. LoL. I used to think it was cool.

Hm...maybe I should make a character that was originally a magic-user, but suffered something, and decided to be a physical fighter, deluding themselves into thinking that they've always fought with a weapon, and repressing the memories, knowledg, and power into the innermost parts of their thoughts.

Any thoughts?

I can dig it. I plan on being a physical fighter as well. Though he does use some magic runes carved into his skin to pump up his various physical attributes. I can picture us getting along. Even though you're person is obviously crazy. LoL.

I like it though.

Oh yeah. I guess it's just your name plus your picture. Also, I can dig inspirational sentences or paragraphs. I use to like thinking up small, but powerful sentences. Or maybe a group of sentences. That would get me all inspired when I read it .

I mean, not like inspirational quotes, just like cool sentences. I had one that was something like

"... this palpable presence of pestilence was so called Ralie and he demanded fear or promised torment, and he grinned a toothed grin of certain madness, and he reeked of the most putrid death everywhere."

Or something like that. LoL. I used to think it was cool.

My username is a VERY slightly edited version of one of my favorite Final Fantasy summons, and my profile picture is that of the Maiden in Black.

Sometimes a simple quote or picture can inspire a character.

Speaking of which, I think I've found a character to represent mine in the world of pictures. He's from some card game or something, but I've been able to grab a few different pictures of him. They are both monk-types so that's cool. And he greatly favors the character i had in mind.

Kui_zpsa76yxqvv.jpg

So...can everyone give me a quick summary about the lengths and limits and whatnot about Magic? And what races our characters can be?

Basically, magic must be learned, "unlocking" through experience and teachings. It isn't just "I want a fire, poof, I have a fire." You gotta know the magic for fire. If that makes sense. Like learning a new language, almost. That is also it's limitation, that it takes a good bit to actually learn different parts.

As for races, we have dragons, elves, New elves, races on the New World. You can make all kinds of stuff.

Is he wearing some kind of metal mask? Metal masks are cool. :cool:

Also I'll touch base on some of what's been discussed a bit later today. Got some work to finish at the moment.
Yes it is a metal mask. I thought I could use an enchanted mask that gives me some abilities. Which ones? I still have not decided yet. Night vision? Zoom? Who knows lol.

Any thoughts?
Eeek that was going to be somewhat my character concept ._.

For my characters, my inspiration for them is actually from one of my miniatures games where I have a warlock pair of sisters who work flawlessly together, it's like they're one entity. I love that concept in the game and wanted to roleplay it. ^^

Back