The Last Heroes' Guild The Last Heroes' Guild [OOC and Meta]

Oh oh oh, I have an idea for leadership. Don't get me wrong tho, I don't want to be a selfish tyrant, but how about I am the "leader"?
Think about it, the guild of heroes is exiled to a new world, they don't even know where they are. So, magical spirit (that has lived in this land for decades pops up and guides the heroes on their journey.
Therefore, I wouldn't necessarily be the leader, just the one who guides the group.
Tell me if this sounds like a good idea, or if I should just shut up.
I Don't know honestly. I think finding things out by ourselves would be more fun than having it handed to us. I will go with whatever is chosen by the majority though. We may need a guide from time to time so I have no idea.

As the leader subject..
Perhaps not so much as a leader as in someone who tells everyone what to do, but perhaps more of a face for them--the one that is charismatic and does a good bit of the talking to represent the interests of all.

And I think a guide would actually be pretty dang good for them, definitely upon first entering the new world and knowing nothing about it.

So....Nug Friend then?

Woot so here are my ideas and thoughts on some of the things discussed so far...

None Combat Oriented Occupations within the guild. Like a Guild scribe or accountant. Hero or no any organization can't ignore basic responsibilities like record keeping and balancing budgets, especially when that group is suddenly banished into hostile territory. Btw if this is something that's wanted within the guild I'd be happy to fufill that role. I have a character idea that fits that kind job perfectly

I love the idea of how magic is being played out, dont fully understand it yet, but still love the direction it's going. However how exactly will magic happen? Like how are spells casted? Is it through movement of hands/magical implements? Ivocation? Or shear thought? Personally my favorite is hand movement. The coding things for enchanting tho is bonkers cool. I fully support that. Also, spoke about the magic system, but how about divination? Your run of the mill dnd cleic kinda thing. Should the power of belief be able a means of power? Again my thoughts but I'd personally like to have it where the old world never had such a thing but the New World doesn't. That would give us a new thing to discover and raise topics to debate against as characters in the RP itself.

Regarding who or what the leader should be I agree with Bernar. There's just more enjoyment in being relatively lost, however having someone be a character from this new world would still be a fun idea. Hm, compromise to both ideas would be to have a very bad guide that could be a Nug! Regardless I do agree that we need a leader of sorts. Here's an idea. We could have our old leader die initially(teleportation gone wrong maybe?), and start an argument among ourselves within the RP on who should take over.

As for locations in the New World one I would like to see is Vice city kinda dealio. It's bad in that the fact that it's a lawless hub, but good in that lawlessness is so bad that you kind hide pretty effectively from the tyrant of the New World. A city like this can be located in provinces or regions that are deserty or tropical. Speaking of lawless actions there should be a sort of underground faction that defies this world's ruler. We won't know about them initially of course but it gives us some factions to play with.

Concerning new races one idea i've had are Youran. They're large, pure white skinned humanoids that tower your average human by a full and a half. They're ruthless, warmongering, and completely loyal to the strongest of the strong. Unfortunately, the first none Youran to achieve this is he Tyrant himself. Because of this the Youran serve as the Tyrant's Vanguard and shock troopers. Their unwavering might and unmatchable natural strength make them one of the most feared races in the New World. Atm that's as far as that idea goes however it would be great to flesh them out if our group likes the idea of a war-centered race.

Finally on the subject of firearms and or firearms like weapons I've always have this idea of a non-blackpowder ignited rifle called the Magelock, which essentially is a easy to use firearm that allows spell like projectiles to be shot out of them. Whats completely sets aside the Magelock from your standard fantasy flintlock is its firing mechanism and ammunition.
Function: Ok so a magelocke has a presscussion cap firing mechanism, however can only load one "bullet" through a bolt mechanism. The percussion cap will be located on the right of the weapon(same has any musket) while the bolt handle will be on the left side of the gun. When the bolt is pulled back its opens up a hatch on top of the rifle. The hatch is where the gunner drops the bullet. The bolt then pushed back up and locked in place(locking is done by pushing the bolt handle down) Now this is where things get a bit magical. The ammunition of the rifle isn't an actual bullet, but a transparent cylinder vial about the size of your modern day rifle bullet. Both ends of the vial are covered by two very resistant metal stoppers that have small holes in the middle of them. The metal stopper facing the bolt has a gum like solid that can stop liquids/gases but not solids. The metal stopper facing the barrel of the rifle only has a fitted cork in the middle that can be easily removed by applying force from behind. You see inside the bolt there is also a thin rod that pokes a hole through the vials center mush. At that point the percussion cap can be cocked. Finally the rifle itself is ready to fire. When the trigger is pulled, the percussion hammer goes down and causes a spark. The spark is then conducted through the small thin rod and ignites the liquid in the vial letting out a energy like projectile through the barrel. The projectile that comes out of this Maglocke is completely dependent on the vial's contents and the shape of the barrel as well as the user's imagination. For example, a fire bolt vial ignited in a magelocke with a groved bore barrel will allow the magic bolt to become a faster and more accurate projectile. The substances in the vial are meant to be easy to make, however that's up to debate depending on how magic,alchemy, and materials within the old old world pan out. Also the vials aren't destroyed after the weapon has fired. In fact their made to withstand ignition, however it's very impractical to refill the vials during active combat. Essentially with this weapon idea is for guild members who aren't so combat oriented(such as the roles I discussed previously) but needs a relatively simple weapon to use when they're put into combat situations.

Those are all my thoughts and ideas I remembered up until now please critique them as you see fit!

Last edited:
All righty! Here are dragon ages with pictures to show approximate size.

Wyrmling: 0-5 years. Often referred to as Hatchlings in their first year.
5327d608ac3d9dfa05b121a36eee0358.jpg

Very Young: 6-15 years. Not much bigger than wyrmlings, but much more sure-footed and confident in themselves.
494ecdb3b484fa716c9b09cfa3bdc2ea.jpg

Young: 16-25 years. This is where they really begin growing towards their adult bodies.
a54ba96f8f7cdfa8c080572a5e93243e.jpg

Juvenile: 26-50 years. They are well on their way towards adulthood and generally begin to develop their magic at this point.
266554280159fe53d7396b66b2702d0e.jpg

Young Adult: 51-100 years. They have now started to become formidable, their magic strong and scales hard enough to turn aside nearly all weaponry save magic and the teeth and claws of another dragon. They can also begin to mate at this age should they so choose to do so.
225bcc43114f126e52388290f9d016a6.jpg

Adult: 101-200 years. Their growth has slowed, but they are just beginning to hit their prime.
73fdcf9a4001e8ca0eada334892566ec.jpg

Mature Adult: 201-600 years. While growth has slowed, they do not stop growing for a long time yet. Their magic ability and skills are continuously being honed. At this point, the dragon has often made a name for themselves.
e03046a6f461f07ff7aff9b4244b6403.jpg

Old: 601-800 years. Their scales nigh impenetrable, old dragons generally do not seek out battles of brawn, but battles of wits, taking more entertainment in pursuits of the mind and magic. However, this does not make them weak in the slightest bit...
8158eb7051719821f8ace109cc6a9122.jpg

Very Old: 801-1,000 years. Not much as changed in this stage, though they may begin to show a bit more wear and tear from time in the form of small chips in scales and cracked claws and teeth.
edd21cc36bbd629a79e3d3ca236a4941.jpg

Ancient: 1,001 to 1,500 years. At this stage, female reproduction decreases with fewer eggs and less success rates. Reaching this stage is a major accomplishment that garners much respect.
7a627ab870f81d3c323e61fa714290ae.jpg

Wyrm: 1,501 years to 2,000. Reaching the Wyrm stage of a dragon's life is a great accomplishment achieved by very few. It is here that they are at the peak of their powers--physical, mental, and magical--and fear very little.
7b91a28971897ea55c576fabdc75a40d.jpg

Great Wyrm: 2,001+ years. Only two dragons have ever reached the age to earn the status of a Great Wyrm. They are often believed to be reincarnations of Dragon Gods. The first was He Who Creates The World, who the dragons believe formed the very earth from his own body.
31af3fde63e7532267bdd49f9309e52f.jpg

The second was She Who Watches The World, who was a Seer that dragons believe sees all--past, present, future. She is said to not even be confined to the earth.
8f4edcc39b9c3afbcb86b082926e0a82.jpg

So, on the subject of the leader.
I don't think the group needs an actual "leader" anymore. I agree with @Bernar and @Average about being lost as being the best. Aside from needing to push the narrative a certain way. For example, during the opening or closing of an arc. But I think we can just discuss most of that in OOC during that time so we're on the same page.

I will run with Average's idea and have the old leader killed off during the story arcs opening. Because the previous chain of command probably ran from World Government > Guild Leader > Guild members. In the New World we will have no leader and no government behind us. And besides, I'd rather we all felt to be on equal footing with one another. Now, if characters want to discuss new leadership in the RP, then that's perfectly acceptable and up to the characters lol.

Woot so here are my ideas and thoughts on some of the things discussed so far...

None Combat Oriented Occupations within the guild. Like a Guild scribe or accountant. Hero or no any organization can't ignore basic responsibilities like record keeping and balancing budgets, especially when that group is suddenly banished into hostile territory. Btw if this is something that's wanted within the guild I'd be happy to fufill that role. I have a character idea that fits that kind job perfectly

Yeah. I like that idea. They could take on the role of map maker as well. And, as scribe, they may have the ability to create runes, which would be a very valuable asset for the team.

As for locations in the New World one I would like to see is Vice city kinda dealio. It's bad in that the fact that it's a lawless hub, but good in that lawlessness is so bad that you kind hide pretty effectively from the tyrant of the New World. A city like this can be located in provinces or regions that are deserty or tropical. Speaking of lawless actions there should be a sort of underground faction that defies this world's ruler. We won't know about them initially of course but it gives us some factions to play with.

This new location could definitely work somewhere. We just need to flesh it out some more. As for the underground faction I see that being a thing as well. They would likely fight using gorilla warfare and would strive to maintain secrecy as much as possible to hide from the tyrant. So much so that maintaining secrecy is more important than recruiting new members. So they aren't just openly shouting in the streets "Join the resistance!" etc. It's a tough process to get involved with.

Concerning new races one idea i've had are Youran. They're large, pure white skinned humanoids that tower your average human by a full and a half. They're ruthless, warmongering, and completely loyal to the strongest of the strong. Unfortunately, the first none Youran to achieve this is he Tyrant himself. Because of this the Youran serve as the Tyrant's Vanguard and shock troopers. Their unwavering might and unmatchable natural strength make them one of the most feared races in the New World. Atm that's as far as that idea goes however it would be great to flesh them out if our group likes the idea of a war-centered race.

Ha! I'm already picturing a gruesome battle between a Youran and a Nug. I would just be careful using words like "unmatchable". I don't want anyone to create anything that they decide is "Unsurpassable" or "Unbreakable" or "The most powerful" or anything like that. For now, it's just to safe to assume there's always something stronger in this world. There's always something that can break your armor or can beat you in an arm wrestling match, etc.

Anyways, I like the Yourans. Their appearance sounds pretty interesting too.

And for your gun idea I didn't fully understand it all, but it sounded perfectly reasonable. No reason why it couldn't exist. You can write up a topic for it once we get our epic rp forum, which I think Tiko said should happen tonight.

Oh yeah, and about the invocation of magic. I was wondering about that too. I think it's best to just have it accessible in a variety of ways. Through thought, incantation, and hand symbols. Magic is smart enough to know when you're calling on it. However you decide to do it is up to you. Just, if you do it in thought, then it's probably best to describe the thought so that everyone else knows.

Could have that incantations and motions help control the spell--like a restraint, being specific in what you want it to do so it ONLY does that. And perhaps magic by mere thought be a more advanced way of doing magic that takes years of practice. EDIT: Just because a stray thought in your mind while casting could cause it to go awry.

Just an idea.

That's a good point. Something distract you or you remember you left the toaster on and suddenly you're turning your mom into a frog. Haha. So we can remove thought as a basic method of incantation and put it on the advanced side. With basic methods being motions or verbal cues.

Also, I'd like to do away with the idea of magic resistance. I don't know if anyone was planning on building a magic resistant person, but I'm not too fond of the concept. What I mean is that if someone uses magic to create a fireball, then that fireball is as strong as a fireball. There's no magic resistant to make it weaker. It is, in fact, a ball of fire. Basically, magic alters or creates reality. And there can be no resistance to that.

Now, there might be some resistance to a particular school of magic that focuses on mind control or something of the sort. But no general "magic resistance".

That's my opinion anyway. LoL

I have an idea about magical failures. When a Belly Mage eats to conjure their Belch Magic, there's a chance for the magic to fail. With effects being relatively harmless, with the Belly Mage getting a bad stomachache to deadly as a the Belly Mage's stomach explodes, killing mage in the process. I'm thinking its going to have something to do with the mage using too many spells in a short amount of time, with the more spells used the higher the chances of a deadly feedback.

Pretty not magic resistance, but magic counters.

I don't fully understand this sentence. LoL.

I have an idea about magical failures. When a Belly Mage eats to conjure their Belch Magic, there's a chance for the magic to fail. With effects being relatively harmless, with the Belly Mage getting a bad stomachache to deadly as a the Belly Mage's stomach explodes, killing mage in the process. I'm thinking its going to have something to do with the mage using too many spells in a short amount of time, with the more spells used the higher the chances of a deadly feedback.

Ha . Sort of like when you burp too many times and then puke a lil bit.

Haha, sorry. I mean like, for instance, counter a fireball with an ice ball. Someone in your head? Counter it by building mental walls. Not dispelling magic, but using different magic to deflect it. Like deflecting a sword with a sword. Make more sense? I was just typing quick earlier.

I was thinking that everyone's magical abilities should shrink when they step through the portal to the New World.
It's like gravity, the gravity on the moon is less then it is on earth. So, if someone where to live on the moon and then go to earth, they probably wouldn't be able to walk or jump properly. Having less magical power would cause a lot of problems at the beginning, but eventually we would get a hold of it.

Trust and feel eternally. The mind that cannot die, cannot disappear.
Distorted and distorted it overflows. Redder and darker, it clouds.

Far far away, I live on, trembling at the loss. I crunch only the sound of defeat
in the very end.

Back