The Legend of Renalta (OOC/Sign-Ups)

Hey Groth. You smell bad, and I hope Kerat stubs his toe real hard with every step he takes.

It's not nice to forget people.

Since we're doing this the good old fashioned way, I've decided to drop some first impression of Ludvig upon ye lot as well. If anyone's missing on the list, beg your pardon, apparently all my checking ment nothing.

Disclaimer: West is not responsible for emotions, outbursts or loss of sight caused by his writing, but more tries to state in a non-biased view what his character is thinking about everyone else. Should it be that you are disguntled by his opinion regarding something, please feel free to treat yourself to a Google Search of Puppies and kittens in order to brighten your day until you are capable of understanding once more. Also, Why does everyone bully poor Ludvig? Guy's just dead but not really, since he got revived by a spell. And yes, I shold've gone to sleep a while ago. Also, if anyone's interested in a Collab-Start-Up, feel free to send a PM. Otherwise, I'll have one written by Saturday, got some tests brewing.

Bjorn, The Rheinfelder Ex-Templar Noble – "What's worse than a Templar? A Rheinfelder Noble upon that. My trust for you is zero, will remain zero, and you've got a matter of two-feets distance to be kept, understood?" (Hatred.)

Cináed, The Angel-Touched Loyalist – "You may look pretty, that much I will give you, but I won't help you any time soon "loyalist". If you truely are loyal to Renalta, so be it. Just don't speak to me." (Fears due to Angel-Heritage.)

Armerza, The Dwarven Strongwoman – "Dwarves, your kind always amazed me. From your craftsmanship to your sense of justice. I can see a lot of that in you, and it's my honour to go on a journey with you. Just don't hug me, I think you could crack a rib or two if you tried." (Trusts greatly, Respects due to Dwarvish nature.)

Dean, The Brash Apprentice – "A bashful youth believing himself immortal. Staring at you reminds me of a time where I believed the same. A dagger to the gut every now and again reminded me I wasn't. Hopefully one will strike you now when you're full of vigor as oppose to when you're sick and frail." (Generally dislikes, although could see improvement.)

Faolan, The Cursed Wolf – "Well trained Wolf, I must say to myself. I do wonder for how long you had to be trained however, I remember back in Renalta we had a few of you, but not that many. If my memory is to be trusted." (Trusts, albeit sparingly.)

Kasienka, The Motherly Elven Healer – "Mhm. I'm surprised to see an Elf willingly follow humans, but then again there was always 'that one elf' who disobeyed her or his races ideals. Just as a heads up, burning my flesh back together and stitching it is the only true way to heal me." (Accepts, cautious over due to her Elfish nature)

Lady Catrin, The Pyromantic Manipulator – "You stoke the fires with your tongue, but you may never stoke Kouri's. Atleast not unless you decide to bring to her truth and kindness, as oppose to coal." (Unsure. Generally dislikes due to past-Nobility)

Dagra, The Half Orc Knight - "A Half-Orc Knight in these times? To Renalta, it wouldn't have seemed that much of a difference, but by today's standards? A miracle. I believe you and I could be great comrades." (Infatuated, Protective of.)

Lady Cerise, The Demon-Touched Princess – "Demon, Angel, there's only one reason I deem you better than the Angels, and that is because atleast the Demons don't pretend you're their friend if you pay enough attention." (Distrusts, but generally considers to be of a better status than Angels)

Kerat, The Orc Mercenary - "I'm not sure how Orcs are by today's standards, but if I remember correctly, civilized Orcs will be no problem. Then again, the question is if you belong to civilized Orcs or not." (Unsure, seems alright.)

Jaquaar, The Pirate Future Seeker - "Your profession was without a doubt despised by the people of Renalta, but I see something else. An adventurer, glory-seeker and prideful man. Those are the merits of a Hero. Maybe not a True Hero, but still a hero." (Believes can be turned into a good man.)

Oswald, The Ex-Templar Veteran – "Templar... Your kind is the reason why Renalta never rebuilt, bending the knee to the gods. Cowardice, that's what you are. But, atleast you broke it, so you have my, acceptance, for that." (Accepts his presensce.)

Kalemn, The Fame Seeking Brigand - "Mm, in all truths, I am unsure of you. You could perhaps be a great person waiting to go on this Quest, or a manipulative traitor waiting to sign your soul over for the gods. None the less, only time can tell for you." (Dismissive)

Ludvig, The Undead Guardian - "I may not be the easiest guy to get along with, and my standards can be pretty high. I hate deceivers, brutes and bastards who connect themselves with them, and nobles. Otherwise, I can not see a reason why I would hate somebody." (Unsure, A Shadow of his Former Self.)

Quirin, The Lonely Summoner – "Snap out of it, straighten your back, grab an ale and sit down like us. The only people who're as lonely as you would be the Librarians or the insane." (Disgruntled by, wishes to tuitor him.)

Rheanna, The Amazonian Warrior – "I did not fight and bleed for Renalta, for the ideals of justice and fair treatment of others, just to have some woman try to tilt the balance in her gender's favour. But, you can degrade me all you'd like, as long as you treat Kouri fairly and follow her belief, not yours." (Unsure, wants to hate but can't.)

Sabre, The Ex Slave Spellfencer –"With your past, you'll just have to know that you won't need to fear enslavement anymore, once Kouri rises to power again. Things will change, and if you have any friends in captivity, we will free them. By words, or by blood. And I'll spearhead that charge if it needs to be." (Feels envigored by, wishes to protect)

Sisera, The Final Steward of Renalta –"Sisera. I remember your father, and you remind me quite a bit of him. Except, where's your pride? Show these people how big Renalta was, be a banner of light to them! I might have rotten away, but tell them yourself! They will listen to the Steward of Renalta, not some random Guard. Please, I beg this of you. Show them what I can't." (Respects greatly, worries for him.)

Tahlia, The Young Druid – "I remember... I think, that Kouri spoke favourably of your kin. Or perhaps it was her mother, father, or a relative. If your kin are as trustworthy as the tales that I've heard, we will most definently be close allies. Except I still want to know about that damned Wolf that follows you." (Curious, Trusts.)

Princess Kouri of Renalta – "Kouri. I may have failed to save her Kingdom, but I will help her rebuild it, even if this body will break. And if it doesn't, I will protect all of her kin and relatives for as long as I can. She shouldn't have to remain awake for as long as I will. And if she needs to be hidden away again, I will be waiting for her to return, much like what the rest of us did." (Joyful, Brings Hope, Highly protective over)

Mikan, the Religious Rogue – "Pah, she wants to travel with us to save Kouri. The person who goes against her gods? Burn her religious symbols and renounce her faith, we're good, otherwise, I will not trust her one bit." (Distrusts.)

Marcus, the Devil-Touched Warrior - "Mhmph. I respect him as a warrior, that I do. I don't respect him for being the spawn of a Devil interluding with Humans. He would've without a doubt been in the Royal Guard with me had he been born one thousand and fifty years ago." (Respects, Ignores the fact he's "Demon-Spawn", trusts as an ally.)

Hanus, the Noble Dark-Elf Vampire – "A Dark Elf. I'm not truely sure what he is doing out here, so far away from his own kin. He seems reasonable, aside from the fact he's of Noble birth and has a... dangerous aura, around him." (Fears, Wants to avoid fighting.)

James, The Uncanny Illusionist – "Your kind is known for it's fair share of trouble-stirring, but I may leave a passage into giving you a chance. If you can prove yourself worth it, Sorcerer." (Unsure. Believes he could serve good.)

Kaiser, The Caesar amongst hounds – "Dogs, the second most loyal being in the World. Who wouldn't want one as a best friend?" (Trusts, Happy to have with him)

PS: You always think your text's long as all hells until you submit and realize it's all stretched thin.

Last edited:
Main OOC post updated today. Active character list is now complete.

Male-Female Ratio
  • Male: 11. (58%)
  • Female: 8. (42%)
  • Neither/Either/Both: 0. (0%)

From What Background?
  • Amazonian Wanderer: 1.
  • A Better Life: 2.
  • A Home For Mages: 1.
  • Druid of Kiune's Circle: 1.
  • Dwarven Expedition Survivor: 1.
  • Elven Outcast: 1.
  • Ex-Slave: 1.
  • Ex-Templar: 1.
  • King's Ranger: 1.
  • Knight Without Cause: 1.
  • Legend Seeker: 1.
  • Outsider Nobility: 3.
  • Royal Loyalist: 1.
  • Other: 3.

Post coming this Saturday, most people have posted. I'm glad to see this. Nonetheless, gonna poke a couple people aboot it. :)

@Nalax Missing a post from you.
@Becca Missing a post from you. :p

New IC post is up! Sorry about the delay. I was an irresponsible bastard on posting day, then had to work the next day. :p

So, what is going on here? Well, Legend of Renalta is a highly social role play. It’s oriented around the actions and beliefs of a few against the world, so rather than dumping everyone into major decisions right off the bat when their characters barely even know each other, I’m giving people a chance to start building some relationships. Here’s some suggestions/objectives to keep in mind for yourselves. You should aim for them, and can exceed them if you like, but this is mainly to help yourselves out in the long run by laying down the proper foundations early on.
  1. Make Relationships: Talk to at least two PC’s or NPC’s this round and start developing relationships. Whether those relationships are positive or negative is up to you, but early relationships will blossom.
  2. Stuff To Do: If you need some ideas about scene openers...
    • You can flirt with Mikan.
    • Talk to the troubled Princess.
    • Ask Gregory questions about your recruitment or ask him about the King’s Rangers.
    • Ask any party member questions about the world or the journey you’ll go on.
    • Pick an interesting player character party member and start off a scene with them to start developing a relationship.
    • Train with Marcus.
    • Follow Hanus, wherever he’s going.
    • Try to figure out what James is scheming over.

If you have any questions, ask them. You may want to use collaborative posts to allow you and 1-2 other players to sequester off to a corner via private messages, without spamming up the IC with several short posts in rapid succession.

You can, for the duration of this scene, use nameless King’s Rangers NPC’s to help set scenes for yourself and other players in collaborative posts. Please don’t make them do something flatly idiotic or jarring though, they’re trained paramilitary type people. Compare to royal guards standing on duty, they may small talk, but that’s about it. They won’t attack without provocation.

I’m aiming to post around the 24th of December, but it may be a bit earlier/a bit later depending on how quickly people get collaborative posts done.

If you aren’t sure how collaborative posts work, or want some help doing them (in case you’ve never done them before), I can help you with those. So can any of my veteran players, who have done several before. Such as @LimeyPanda @Becca @Grothnor and others. You can also use this OOC thread to springboard ideas for collaborative posts for any interested parties—like I’ve done with the above list of “stuff to do”! :)

Oh, and one last thing: Don't worry about screwing up the timeline. That's my job. For example: If two people want to do two separate conversations with the Princess, they can--I'll just determine what order they occurred in myself after the fact. As a rule of thumb, take the posting order as the canonical order of events, unless a GM post declares otherwise. RP's are always a little roughshod with timelines, so minor errors can easily be fixed later if necessary.

I'm still waiting for the next post

No panicking. I'm just tragically slow at writing stuff. Sometimes due to family issues, sometimes due to work or education taking precedence, and sometimes because I'm just a lazy bastard. I haven't forgotten. ;)

If anyone would like a scene with the cinnamon angel or the moody bookworm, just shoot me a PM and we can work out the where/when of it! :)

I mean, all y'all gotta do is throw out some probing messages. Myself and Becca are nearly always collab whores. In fact, Jaquaar and Sabre feel like a decent fit for each other.

I'm hardly gunna mention a potential collab only to go 'Nah fam, I'm out.' am I?

Send a starter, and we'll run from there :p

Back