The Legend of Renalta (OOC/Sign-Ups)

Pm is normally best, don't want to clump up the IC with a back and forth that can much neater be expressed in a Collaborative post.

I’m aiming to post around the 24th of December, but it may be a bit earlier/a bit later depending on how quickly people get collaborative posts done.

I'm going to extend this deadline a bit to the 26th. We'll see how people are doing post-wise then. (I have unexpected family plans on the 24th, and the 25th is a wild card for obvious reasons, so the 26th is the next reasonable date I can set.)

Y’all have four choices.
A. The Abyss.
B. Mountains -> Liveria.
C. Rheinfelder Village -> Pirate Ship.
D. Rheinfelder Capital -> Cargo Ship.

The Abyss is the fastest, but also the most dangerous. While agents of the Gods wouldn’t likely follow you, you would have no allies, and would face ever-changing tunnels and dangerous monsters that even give Hanus pause.

Mountains -> Liveria is the slowest, but you have plenty of help from King’s Rangers and sympathizers to your cause. For those from the previous run, you would not encounter the druid again to avoid repetition, and instead would have a lot more to do with orcs—diplomacy wise, or combat wise, it would be up to you. In Liveria, you would contract a ship to take you along the coast. Agents of the Gods will be looking for you.

Rheinfelder Village -> Pirate Ship is the most off-road path. You will be furthest away from civilization overall taking this path, but are dependent on random strangers to help you at each point. Atop this, being that it’s the furthest away from civilization, expect that a lack of military presence means more danger. And, it’s still Rheinfeld—you may encounter agents of the Gods on this path.

Rheinfelder Capital -> Cargo Ship is a path of pure diplomacy and subtly. You will need to disguise yourselves and work your way through the system to get a royal commission to use a cargo ship at an official port. Agents of the Gods will not be expecting you here, and thus, their guard will be down. On the other hand, all your mages will have to disable their magic for the duration of their time spent in the capital—or else risk being swarmed by thousands of angry Templar.

You can discuss them here, and make up your minds. Kouri will be influenced by your arguments, but keep in mind that she does have her own sense of ethics and values. If you argue against them, she may end up being pushed away from your plans instead of being brought toward them. You can either choose to make a one-off argument in the IC, making it as long and detailed as you like, or you can try to convince the Princess in a one on one collab, opting for shorter responses, but more interaction directly with her.

In terms of the next IC post, I think I’m going to keep to the general idea of letting the pace of replies dictate the speed of the story. I’ll hammer out a hard date later.

Good luck in making the right choice for your group. There will be consequences...

To be fair, Sabre didn't decide not to act. He just didn't care which path would be taken, since he was sure that casualties and fatalities would happen regardless.

I was gonna ask if anyone's willing to collar, but at the moment, I have absolutely no idea what the collar post would be about, aside from Sabre explaining that he sees all the paths as dangerous.

There is going to be one last round in the King’s Rangers area. This gives everyone a chance to do any final collaborative posts, and to have their characters prepare for the journey ahead. There are enough horses for everyone to have one, save for Hanus, who will be using his own mount—a giant salamander-like lizard from The Abyss.

After this round, to save everyone’s time so that we aren’t wasting several posts talking about travelling across expanses of nothingness, where nothing happens, I’m just going to move the party from the King’s Rangers outpost to the next interesting event and describe the passage of time prior to that. Otherwise this role play would be several pages of “and our heroes walked.” :p

To that end, as mentioned in the second part of the IC post (which happens three hours after the first part), there will be a small scouting party that moves ahead of the group. This party will be comprised of one NPC (other than Kouri), and four PC’s. In the interests of keeping things interesting for all of you, y’all get to choose here in the OOC. You can...
--Volunteer your PC for the scouting mission. (Which you can then volunteer them in the IC as well as in the OOC, or an NPC will choose them to come along with them if you only volunteer them in the OOC.)
--Vote on the NPC to lead the party. You can vote here. (If nobody votes or if there is a tie, I’ll choose myself among the highest ranked options.)

Remember that the NPC chosen and the PC’s volunteered will change what the scouting party encounters, and how they deal with it.

Much as I would like to, I don't think either of my characters ought be in the running for scouting :p they're both inexperienced and reliant on relatively showy magic, neither of which is a good thing for the task in question. So I will bow out of the running.

However, if anyone wants to chat with either of them either before the set-off, feel free to hit me up for a collab! If anyone's also not going to put their characters forward for the scouting, we can probably start a collab for 'along the road' conversation to be posted next round, too :)

Back