Status
Not open for further replies.
Joshua drifted off from whatever conversations he had been a part of upon entering the armory. He twitched an eyebrow and nudged a toy with his foot, peeved at the sight of these toys. "This is ridiculous; I'm not going to use a toy as a weapon," he said to himself, reaching down to pick up a yo-yo. Absentmindedly, he began to play with the yo-yo, causing the round object to roll up and down its string as he would use it. "Tch, I've never seen so many toys."

Sure, back home Joshua could've spawned a room filled to the brim with toys with the wave of a hand, but it wasn't something that he had ever thought to do--even if he had been rather deprived of toys as a human child. His parents managed to spend so much money on therapists and hospital bills that they had never bought him much of anything. Additionally, the would always blame Joshua for their lack of funds, even though Joshua had never insisted on any psychiatric help. They just didn't want to accept that the fact he could see spirits as a human. It didn't mean he was crazy; it was normal for him.

"I know the damage has already been done, but I wouldn't recommend telling every Joe about what we do for a living, Teresa. What we do is supposed to be a bit confidential," Joshua chided her upon hearing what she would explain to Ciel. "You're lucky that this boy is no ordinary person," he added, glancing to Ciel. "It's a shame your soul belongs to a demon. Had that not been the case, I would not have minded getting my hands on it to see you in my afterlife," he remarked cryptically to the boy.

@Pretentious Pineapple @thatguyinthestore
31_by_teh_zombish-d9d937p.jpg

"...Right," Teresa murmured in reply, her expression stoic. While her response was short and sweet, and her expression seemingly serious, there was a gentle sympathy in her eyes. This boy... The way he acted, spoke, held himself. All of it was painfully familiar. Even the look in his singular eye generated a spark of recollection in her, and there was no mistaking it. What was it that he reminded her of, exactly?

Herself.

The cold, distant demeanor. The refusal to give so much as an inch. The smile that had been faked, the look in his blue eye, the overconfidence and lack of social prowess. It was all things she had experienced on her own, at the same age as him. Younger, even. After all, she had been only four or so when WICKED had taken her in after she had nearly become a sacrifice, and turned her into something worse. A pawn.

That look was one of someone who had faced hardship, or otherwise had no desire to face it. But it didn't really matter the circumstances behind it; she understood it, for it was something she knew inside out. That look was unmistakable. And she couldn't help the pang of guilt, sympathy and sadness that came with seeing another- not to mention one so young -with the same look she so often wore on his face. It was wrong for anyone to have to experience something that could lead such an aura to develop.

untitled_by_teh_zombish-d9dqj05.png

"Sorry, Josh. Won't happen again,"
she apologized, looking slightly sheepish as she gandered at her boss upon being called out. She hadn't meant to cause trouble or anything, but she had felt fairly bad with the situation mentioned by the boy. Joshua, however, was one whom she intended to listen to overall, even with her position aside. If he wished her to not speak of their job, she would oblige. He was her priority, after all.

Priority or not, she did appear confused upon the mention of Ciel's soul being owned by a demon. A frown tugged her lips down, and she looked between the two with evident leeriness. "...What do you mean, 'his soul belongs to a demon'?"

@Neko Shogun @thatguyinthestore
Under normally circumstances, Ciel would have been shocked or even angered that someone knew of his contract with Sebastian. However, due to both Joshua and Teresa's status as reapers, Ciel wasn't surprised by this at all, or even annoyed. Instead, he simply stared at Teresa and Joshua with a deadpan.

"Yes, my soul does indeed 'belong to a demon', as Joshua so eloquently put it." Ciel casually stated in response to Teresa's surprised inquiry. "My butler, Sebastian, is no ordinary butler. He is a demon. A demon whom I made a contract with. Said contract entails that once I find my parents' murderer and punish them, he gets to eat my soul.

Until then, however, he must serve me at my beck and call."
Letting out a chuckle, Ciel would continue with a small smirk.

"After all, it's as you said. Everything comes with a price."

@Pretentious Pineapple @Neko Shogun

"Ooh! I'd like to paint my weapons too! I'd rather take a different color. What about blue? Maybe purple?"

@Neko Shogun @thatguyinthestore @Alex Azure @Takumi @Crow @Minerva
tumblr_inline_myusgyD8Th1rmucjq.png

"I have no clue, but we'll just have to find out!" Oliver replied, smiling the whole time.

Cb4CKDEW4AAW9Ds.jpg

"Are you asking because this is a weaponry and we'll likely fight the Mouse King's army or simply out of curiosity?" he asked with a tilt of his head. The Engloid knew the situation was a bit dire, but he wasn't at all scared. Besides, the situations in the songs he used to sing (of the rather creepy variety) were way scarier and worse than being shrunken down to toy size.

@Minerva @Neko Shogun @thatguyinthestore @Everyone
"Why thank you!" Elizabeth replied to Sayori with a giggle. Turning to Macy, Elizabeth only smiled brightly. "You can't paint it whatever color you want! Though personally I'd prefer purple since its cuter."

@Neko Shogun @Alex Azure @Takumi
Mt8Z7GT.png

"Oh, I was just asking because I'm curious," Sayori replied to Oliver. "Are we really going to be fighting someone? Ah hah hah, I really haven't been paying attention to what's going on. My best friend says I have bad habit of spacing out. Haha, maybe he's right," she said sheepishly before rubbing the back of her head.

"Blue or purple would be great colors to paint your weapons!" Sayori agreed with Macy. "I wouldn't mind painting my weapons pink or maybe red. It's a christmas color, and it matches the bow I always wear! What do you think?" she cheerfully asked her friends.

@Takumi @Alex Azure @thatguyinthestore @Crow @Minerva

Mt8Z7GT.png

"Oh, I was just asking because I'm curious," Sayori replied to Oliver. "Are we really going to be fighting someone? Ah hah hah, I really haven't been paying attention to what's going on. My best friend says I have bad habit of spacing out. Haha, maybe he's right," she said sheepishly before rubbing the back of her head.

"Blue or purple would be great colors to paint your weapons!" Sayori agreed with Macy. "I wouldn't mind painting my weapons pink or maybe red. It's a christmas color, and it matches the bow I always wear! What do you think?" she cheerfully asked her friends.

"I think red is a great color on you. I'll go with purple."

Macy grabbed a set of paints and got to work painting the blade purple. She smiled and laughed to herself. Once it was completely painted and dry, she gave it a couple swings.

"Look at me, I'm Mason with my magically appearing purple weapons. Hya!" Macy laughed again, "If only you were here, bro."

@Neko Shogun @Takumi @thatguyinthestore @Crow @Minerva

Orion

Orion continued to stare at the weapon's pile, uncertain of which version of the children's toy he wanted to use. He check his pockets and saw that he still had his Dedede ice sculpture. Hmmm... maybe he could use that as a weapon. He looked at what Chibi choose and focused on everything else, while still thinking.

@Alex Azure @Anyone helping Orion pick a weapon

spawn-wallpaper-15.jpg

The shadow man felt everything spin and soon he was as small as everyone else, yet he stared at the others and frowned, grunting

"You gotta be fucking kidding me."

Soon everyone was without their powers and everyone seemed dumbfounded as Spawn just walked past the others and grabbed melee fake weapons. He eyed the jump rope in particular, a nerf gun, and some foam "ammo" and a plastic sword.

@Yun Lee @Archmage Jeremiah @Neko Shogun @Pretentious Pineapple @York @thatguyinthestore @ThatAverageGuy @belVita @dark@Minerva @Crow @Lucky @Jeremi @Gummi Bunnies @Widowmaker @Sen @Alex Azure @Khan of the Mardu

"Don't swear in front of the kids, devil guy," Producer says to Spawn. "Oh right, rope, I should bring some along as well. Thank you for the reminder... uh... what is your name?"

@dark

Mt8Z7GT.png

"I think red is a great color on you. I'll go with purple."

Macy grabbed a set of paints and got to work painting the blade purple. She smiled and laughed to herself. Once it was completely painted and dry, she gave it a couple swings.

"Look at me, I'm Mason with my magically appearing purple weapons. Hya!" Macy laughed again, "If only you were here, bro."

@Neko Shogun @Takumi @thatguyinthestore @Crow @Minerva

Momoka giggles softly.

DifFSel.jpg

"For me, red, rose and related hues fit my motif," she says as he slings her bow and arrows. "We are going to need a bit of range, do you not agree?"

@Neko Shogun @Alex Azure

"Don't swear in front of the kids, devil guy," Producer says to Spawn. "Oh right, rope, I should bring some along as well. Thank you for the reminder... uh... what is your name?"

@dark

Momoka giggles softly.

DifFSel.jpg

"For me, red, rose and related hues fit my motif," she says as he slings her bow and arrows. "We are going to need a bit of range, do you not agree?"

@Neko Shogun @Alex Azure

"Of course, Momoka-chan. How about we get some practice in before we leave?"

Macy loads and draws her bow, aiming at the target. She takes a deep breath and focuses her aim. She releases her grip and the foam arrow flies. It strikes the target... 8 points!

"Have you ever fired a bow before, Momo-chan?"

@Crow

Orion

Not able to check, he looked. Everyone was taking the jump rope, the Frisbee, the guns, the bow and arrows, the shields, the armor, the magic wand. It seemed that everything was covered for once and he was sad. There was no need for much help of the weapon... but he took one of the cannon launchers. Maybe those would be helpful.

@Yun Lee

@dark

Momoka giggles softly.

DifFSel.jpg

@Neko Shogun @Alex Azure

spawn-featured-photo-gallery-169822.jpg

“Somehow I think these kids heard worse,much worse.

Names al, the old name I used to go by. He eyed the producer again.

That butler is a demon?

Spawn hissed but his powers didn’t come.

... damnit.

There was a dark secret Spawn hid and it related to ciel’s Situation.

@Crow @thatguyinthestore

"Of course, Momoka-chan. How about we get some practice in before we leave?"

Macy loads and draws her bow, aiming at the target. She takes a deep breath and focuses her aim. She releases her grip and the foam arrow flies. It strikes the target... 8 points!

"Have you ever fired a bow before, Momo-chan?"

@Crow

"No, I haven't," Momoka says as she aims a single arrow, with it hitting the centre of a circular block.

qbcQttQ.jpg

"Oh my, oh my, what is this?"

@Alex Azure @Neko Shogun

Joshua wandered about the area once more, eventually picking up another toy to hold in his hand that wasn't playing with the yo-yo. It was a laser pointer. He shined it on the ground, absentmindedly wishing that Tarlotte a cat was there to chase it. He then looked back up at Teresa in time to hear her apologize. "It's fine, just don't make it a habit."

When Teresa would question about the boy's soul belonging to a demon Josh smiled knowingly. "Have you ever heard people joke about selling their soul to the devil? Let's just say, this boy actually did something like that. If he'd care to elaborate, I suppose you can ask him for more information on the subject." Joshua glanced toward Ciel, honestly feeling pity for him. The Composer couldn't dream of promising his soul to someone else except Teresa, especially not someone who intended to devour it.

@Pretentious Pineapple @thatguyinthestore
Under normally circumstances, Ciel would have been shocked or even angered that someone knew of his contract with Sebastian. However, due to both Joshua and Teresa's status as reapers, Ciel wasn't surprised by this at all, or even annoyed. Instead, he simply stared at Teresa and Joshua with a deadpan.

"Yes, my soul does indeed 'belong to a demon', as Joshua so eloquently put it." Ciel casually stated in response to Teresa's surprised inquiry. "My butler, Sebastian, is no ordinary butler. He is a demon. A demon whom I made a contract with. Said contract entails that once I find my parents' murderer and punish them, he gets to eat my soul.

Until then, however, he must serve me at my beck and call."
Letting out a chuckle, Ciel would continue with a small smirk.

"After all, it's as you said. Everything comes with a price."

@Pretentious Pineapple @Neko Shogun
"I won't," she assured Joshua, her tone serious where she was typically playful in her dealings with him. That much made it rather clear that she truthfully didn't intend to enact a repeat of the experience. Not that she would necessarily be able to refrain even if she tried, what with that devilishly handsome rogue mouse king on the loose with that sexily powerful keyboard of his. After all, who could resist his sway if he were to will something of them? Oof.

tumblr_inline_nmee0tbrxw1re7o24_100_by_teh_zombish-d9e68an.png

There was no sexy keyboard-wielding mister or mistress tempting her to any such thing, though. Rather, an unreadable expression crossed her porcelain face, her piercing blue eyes clouded with a mix of emotions that couldn't be untangled. For a long few moments she was quiet, trying to wrap her mind around the fact that this boy, who couldn't be older than twelve, had apparently contracted himself to a devil on some revenge quest. "...Not the kind of price I was thinking," she spoke softly, almost breathless and evidently in a disbelieving daze. Eventually she managed to gather her bearings, a frown weighing her typically neutral feats down. "It's your decision, Ciel. But I can't say I'm sure selling your soul is the right way to get revenge; or that revenge is what you really need. Sometimes what's best for us is to just..." she paused, releasing a sigh as she glaced away.

"...Let go."

@Neko Shogun @thatguyinthestore

"Because she managed to use a bow perfectly on her first try. Maybe it was a fluke... But I've never seen anyone that naturally adept with a weapon. Momo-chan, think you can hit a bullseye twice?"

@Crow

"Certainly~"

Momoka did the same. Another bullseye.

"Ah, you're talking about that. You see- wait, I can't exposit, I shouldn't exposit. It's what the Mouse King wants us to do."

@Alex Azure

"Certainly~"

Momoka did the same. Another bullseye.

"Ah, you're talking about that. You see- wait, I can't exposit, I shouldn't exposit. It's what the Mouse King wants us to do."

@Alex Azure

"The Rat King wants us to endlessly spout exposition? That would explain why I'm talking about Mason so much. It would also match his poor writing skills. Well, I've learned that lesson. You won't make me spit useless dialogue anymore, Rat King!"

That, of course, was a lie.

@Crow @Yun Lee

"The Rat King wants us to endlessly spout exposition? That would explain why I'm talking about Mason so much. It would also match his poor writing skills. Well, I've learned that lesson. You won't make me spit useless dialogue anymore, Rat King!"

That, of course, was a lie.

@Crow @Yun Lee

"Well, he is a fanfiction writer. And you know how all those readers equate quantity to quality, even if it's pointlessly extended by character dialogue that won't be relevant after two scenes," Producer comments.

@Yun Lee @Alex Azure

"Well, he is a fanfiction writer. And you know how all those readers equate quantity to quality, even if it's pointlessly extended by character dialogue that won't be relevant after two scenes," Producer comments.

@Yun Lee @Alex Azure

"Well, I'm glad that you and I are above such pointless banter. Although, it seems my brother is doomed to be surrounded by pointless dialogue. It takes a bit of direct explaining and reexplaining to get something through to him. Some people can't connect two and two to make four. And some people can make four but never learned any higher math."

@Yun Lee @Crow

"Well, I'm glad that you and I are above such pointless banter. Although, it seems my brother is doomed to be surrounded by pointless dialogue. It takes a bit of direct explaining and reexplaining to get something through to him. Some people can't connect two and two to make four. And some people can make four but never learned any higher math."

@Yun Lee @Crow

"I am unsure if you're really above this, Macy," Producer says. "I am afraid that you might be giving in to the Mouse King's control, or lack thereof, for that matter."

@Alex Azure @Yun Lee

"I am unsure if you're really above this, Macy," Producer says. "I am afraid that you might be giving in to the Mouse King's control, or lack thereof, for that matter."

@Alex Azure @Yun Lee

"Huh? But... But I'm the heroine, aren't I? I got the Nutcracker, I'm armed for adventure, and I can't possibly lose, right? Although, I'm only the heroine because of Ghost Writer's typewriter. We're already under his spell. Oh no.."

"Well, at least we're the heroes. We can't fail. That would mess up the story! According to The Nutcracker, the only ones we need to worry about are Alex and Ryu. Ah, I remember seeing The Nutcracker performed once. It was such a beautiful ballet... Ah! No! No more exposition!"

"I'll be happy when this story is over. I'm glad that im real life, we're maim characters of our own. It sure would be dreadful to only exist as someone's poorly-written original character, right?"

For some reason, right at that moment, Macy sneezed.

@Crow @Yun Lee

"Huh? But... But I'm the heroine, aren't I? I got the Nutcracker, I'm armed for adventure, and I can't possibly lose, right? Although, I'm only the heroine because of Ghost Writer's typewriter. We're already under his spell. Oh no.."

"Well, at least we're the heroes. We can't fail. That would mess up the story! According to The Nutcracker, the only ones we need to worry about are Alex and Ryu. Ah, I remember seeing The Nutcracker performed once. It was such a beautiful ballet... Ah! No! No more exposition!"

"I'll be happy when this story is over. I'm glad that im real life, we're maim characters of our own. It sure would be dreadful to only exist as someone's poorly-written original character, right?"

For some reason, right at that moment, Macy sneezed.

@Crow @Yun Lee

"I should also mention that certain fanfiction writers also like making the heroes lose at the end depending on context, as one of those 'AUs' that set up for sequels. As such, it is not the hero with the most power in this realm," Producer points to herself, "but the one with the status of self-insert. All Producers from where I'm from are self-inserts by default. As long as I am recognised as a Producer, we stand a chance."

@Alex Azure @Yun Lee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back