Status
Not open for further replies.
ncrf2do_by_teh_zombish-db0cszo.png

"...Heh. right, sorry, Ciel," she apologized, sheepishly, offering a weak smile. "Anyways, like I said, it's pretty impressive you're in that kinda position. Can't say I've heard of the name before, but nonetheless." It wasn't aimless flattery; she sincerely was impressed. For someone so young, it was truly an accomplishment. "Just be careful. Pushing yourself too hard never ends well," she warned tentatively, tone kind and almost sympathetic.

It didn't last. Because everything got really damn weird, and apparently they were all shrunk down and it was really weird.

Unable to even form words at first with how odd the situation was, she eventually managed to shake herself from her completely perplexed state, looking to Ciel with mild disbelief. She slowly nodded, but in reality she was pretty sure this had to be some really stupid dream or something. But then she did remind herself weirder had happened.

"...Yeah. Good idea. Though, can't say I'm sure where to go. Whoever the shank behind this crap is, looks like they gave us a little toy maze." ...Gosh she hated mazes. But despite such, a glance around birthed mild concern for her, a frown coming to her face as she noted a trembling figure. Without a second thought she was upon him, looking deeply concerned as she carefully gripped Orion's shoulder and glanced him over. "Hey, you okay? You're freezing," she observed, eyebrows knitted together with worry. Personally, even touching him was enough to make her shiver herself, but despite she, lacking a coat, wrapped an arm around the boy and rubbed his arm, attempting to warm him up. "H-here. I-I don't have a coat, b-but you sh-shouldn't be... Th-this cold," she spoke, trying really hard to not let it show how uncomfortable she was. Raised in a world that knew only heat that could cause trees to instantly catch fire, she was severely susceptible to cold. But helping others came before her own comfort.

@Neko Shogun @thatguyinthestore @Yun Lee
Joshua scowled, hating himself for what he was about to do. He took off the coat he had been wearing over his suit and shoved it into Teresa's hands. "Give this to the kid. I was going to give it to you, but I know you'll give it to him anyhow. Dammit, this is so-- Ugh..." Josh shoved away from the group, walking ahead in a brisk pace. He felt naked, and it wasn't because he had given up his coat. Without his god-like abilities, he felt helpless and anxious. When was the last time he had felt like this? Perhaps during the Arch-Demon war, but even then he had some of his power. Right now, he was as helpless as any ordinary human and that... scared him.​

Hearing Ibuki's concerns, Ghost Writer shook his head. "Oh no, I assure you, you're all very real. At least...hm. Let me explain. There exist more than one universe. There's a universe where skeletons such as Sans here are normal. There's a universe where singing robots like Oliver and Luka are normal. And there's a universe, where the Mouse King comes from, where all your universes are fictional in his. That actually happens quite a lot, to tell the truth."

"But how come he can control us, then?"

"Well, my keyboard can, as he said, make anything written come true. It can make you feel, think, or act in certain ways, and make the world around you change, as well-as long as you're in the story. I tend to try and limit my use of it when writing, but every so often I just have to teach someone a lesson, so I whip it out. As a matter of fact, I was only making sure it was fully repaired when he attacked, not actually using it to write."

"That still doesn't explain how he can control us, despite not being from our universe," Karin said.

"I'm getting to that. You see, in the Mouse King's universe, you're all fictional. Fanfiction-writing stories for characters and universes that are considered fictional in your world-is a harmless pasttime that many authors enjoy. I've written a few here and there, myself. But the thing is, this keyboard of mine will affect everyone in the story. So, in order to be able to affect the world the story takes place in, it controls the universe where it takes place."

"So, let me get this straight. You're saying that because this keyboard of yours controls reality, it can affect the reality of whatever world a person writes about on it?"

"Exactly! And yes...this situation is the worst. Absolutely awful."

@Archmage Jeremiah @Neko Shogun@Pretentious Pineapple@York@thatguyinthestore@ThatAverageGuy@belVita @dark @Minerva@Crow @Takumi@Lucky @Jeremi @Gummi Bunnies@Widowmaker @Sen @Alex Azure@Khan of the Mardu
"Wouldn't it have been better to make a keyboard who simply made copies of us come to life to live out your... what do you call them, fanfictions?" Ibuki questioned with a cocked brow, still trying to keep all of this straight in her head. Multiple realities, blending of the real with the unreal... yeah, no, this was definitely the worst Christmas possible, and it was starting to shatter her resolve to even hope for a halfway decent and peaceful holiday season, "I just wanted one Christmas with friends away from my duties and studies... but no, I'm stuck in some weirdo's fanfiction that another weirdo disapproves of. Karin, next time you hold a party, I think I'm going to just say nope to it."
@Archmage Jeremiah @Neko Shogun@Pretentious Pineapple@York@thatguyinthestore@ThatAverageGuy@belVita @dark @Minerva@Crow @Takumi@Lucky @Jeremi @Gummi Bunnies@Widowmaker @Sen @Alex Azure @Yun Lee

j6z5UQf.png

"I'm not a dwarf!" Issun exclaimed, shaking his fist in anger. "Listen, lady. I'm the great Issun! I served Ammy herself as the best painter in the world - if it weren't for me she wouldn't have beaten that old hunk of metal and that nasty fishbowl. You ought to show some respect!"

The Envoy winked at her, "But it's alright, I forgive you. You can thank your two friends for that, babe."

---

mL5AHUM.png

"D- Don't tell me... I've shrunken back?!" Issun exclaimed, trying to get a good gauge on his surroundings and their sizes. It was hard to tell, everything was looming above him - but he couldn't come to a conclusion.

What he did notice was that his good pal Ammy was now at a size where he could look at her eyes on the same level.

DSfzQhq.png

"Heh, you look pretty cute like that at my height, fleabag. Don't worry, if you get tired I'll give you a piggyback. Payback for being my transportation back then."

Damn. Well, Amaterasu had come to two conclusions upon being shrunk down: one, everything around them was massive. Two, she was shorter than Issun. Only by what was probably a couple of centimeters, given their current heights, but it was still mildly unsettling. Or, more than mildly, probably, because honestly it was really odd. But she tried desperately to ignore that and--

44_by_teh_zombish-dbx25i8.jpg

"..."

Maybe she was appreciative of the compliment or the offer, but it was hard to tell because her expression was completely unreadable. But she did have an expression that said, even in her human form, she would not hesitate to bite him. Even with that said, though, she did actually contemplate the offer. Not because she wanted to get cozy with Issun, but because she was low-key a tad lazy and she had carried him around for quite a time.

For now though, she was occupied with mild annoyance upon trying to use her brush to provide some warming flame and finding nothing happened.

@Sen @Alex Azure

"You do realize I'm as much a victim of this as you are, right, Ibuki? Believe me, once I find this Mouse King, I'll be teaching him a lesson he won't soon forget."

Sakura, a bit more concerned with Orion and Madoka, had a different focus. "Say, Mr. Mouse King? Do you think some people can, I don't know, get exceptions to the rules, or something?"

"Oh, all right, since you asked so nicely...see Sans? See what being polite gets you?"

Anyone who had issues with maintaining a physical form would find themselves able to maintain that physical form with no complications. You simply can't use powers at the moment, and also have no weapons.

"There you go."

"Thank you!"

Ghost Writer rolled his eyes. "Charming. Now, can we get a move on, please? I want my keyboard back."

"You're not getting it back! It's mine! All mine! At least I'll actually put it to good use, which is more than YOU ever did!"

"Can't you at least give us a chance? Villains who don't give heroes a chance are the most hated, you know."

"Hmm..." The Mouse King took a moment to mull it over. "Fine! Go fix the action figures."

"How do we-"

"No more hints! Just do it!"

@Archmage Jeremiah @Neko Shogun@Pretentious Pineapple@York@thatguyinthestore@ThatAverageGuy@belVita @dark @Minerva@Crow@Takumi@Lucky @Jeremi @Gummi Bunnies@Widowmaker @Sen @Alex Azure@Khan of the Mardu

Last edited:
Damn. Well, Amaterasu had come to two conclusions upon being shrunk down: one, everything around them was massive. Two, she was shorter than Issun. Only by what was probably a couple of centimeters, given their current heights, but it was still mildly unsettling. Or, more than mildly, probably, because honestly it was really odd. But she tried desperately to ignore that and--

44_by_teh_zombish-dbx25i8.jpg

"..."

Maybe she was appreciative of the compliment or the offer, but it was hard to tell because her expression was completely unreadable. But she did have an expression that said, even in her human form, she would not hesitate to bite him. Even with that said, though, she did actually contemplate the offer. Not because she wanted to get cozy with Issun, but because she was low-key a tad lazy and she had carried him around for quite a time.

For now though, she was occupied with mild annoyance upon trying to use her brush to provide some warming flame and finding nothing happened.

@Sen @Alex Azure
Anyone who had issues with maintaining a physical form would find themselves able to maintain that physical form with no complications. You simply can't use powers at the moment, and also have no weapons.
IjEAuy1.png

"Don't give me that look, Ammy. That's the one you always use when you're about to cover me in wolf slobber. Disgusting. Busty 'tiny' babe or not, that's not what I'm into."

bltV0DT.png

"... On a side note, has anybody seen my sword?" he asked, the familiar weight of his weapon gone from his hip. From the looks of it, it seemed the others were in a similar situation, having lost their weapons.

Orion and Will

"
That sounds about right. As cold as ice... oh the irony of the matter. I know that I shouldn't be this cold. I hope this is only...." he trailed off, trying to find the correct term that he wanted. He was sure it would come to him, but the cold was overpowering his ability to rationally think at least for not. He imagined that a coat would warm him up. Or someone of fire warming him up... actually, that would probably kill him. He was very suspectible to fire and he didn't want to have enough heat that he could kill himself. He tried to focus on anything expect the freezing cold for now though.

Orion smiled and took the coat. It didn't help. " Thank you..... I don't know your names."

Will was also concerned for Orion, but he didn't want to seem rude to the mouse king and anger him. He watched as Orion warmed up for a bit though and stuff.

Orion now warm had heard the mouse king and was working on a solution. " Maybe if two group of us work together, we could move the arm and retach them. There isn't any glues, so they should automatically attach.... I think."

@Neko Shogun @Pretentious Pineapple @Yun Lee

"You do realize I'm as much a victim of this as you are, right, Ibuki? Believe me, once I find this Mouse King, I'll be teaching him a lesson he won't soon forget."

Sakura, a bit more concerned with Orion and Madoka, had a different focus. "Say, Mr. Mouse King? Do you think some people can, I don't know, get exceptions to the rules, or something?"

"Oh, all right, since you asked so nicely...see Sans? See what being polite gets you?"

"There you go."

"Thank you!"

Ghost Writer rolled his eyes. "Charming. Now, can we get a move on, please? I want my keyboard back."

"You're not getting it back! It's mine! All mine! At least I'll actually put it to good use, which is more than YOU ever did!"

"Can't you at least give us a chance? Villains who don't give heroes a chance are the most hated, you know."

"Hmm..." The Mouse King took a moment to mull it over. "Fine! Go fix the action figures."

"How do we-"

@Archmage Jeremiah @Neko Shogun@Pretentious Pineapple@York@thatguyinthestore@ThatAverageGuy@belVita @dark @Minerva@Crow@Takumi@Lucky @Jeremi @Gummi Bunnies@Widowmaker @Sen @Alex Azure@Khan of the Mardu
With a sigh, Ibuki marched over to one of the broken arms and picked it up, hoping to move it back into place on its owner's arm, "I didn't bring any of my gear with me this time.... Karin, you know any part of the building that has glue or tape in it? Doubt we have any Chrismas magic or anything to fix it."

@Archmage Jeremiah @Neko Shogun@Pretentious Pineapple@York@thatguyinthestore@ThatAverageGuy@belVita @dark @Minerva@Crow@Takumi@Lucky @Jeremi @Gummi Bunnies@Widowmaker @Sen @Alex Azure @Yun Lee

Glue just so happened to be lying there, conveniently.

Ghost Writer let out a small noise of disgust. "What is this, amateur hour?"

"Do you want my help or not, buddy?"

"Isn't the point of the story the conflict and its resolution?" Ibuki questioned aloud as the writer gave them the simple solution to their problem - somehow, she had a feeling that this wasn't going to be a very good story at all, "Anyways, who wants to apply the glue?"

@Archmage Jeremiah @Neko Shogun@Pretentious Pineapple@York@thatguyinthestore@ThatAverageGuy@belVita @dark @Minerva@Crow@Takumi@Lucky @Jeremi @Gummi Bunnies@Widowmaker @Sen @Alex Azure @Yun Lee

"Isn't the minnimy minnimy minny mi?" The Mouse King mocked Ibuki in a high pitched voice. It was hilarious because he's a master of comedy. "Listen up, once this chapter gets underway, you're gonna wish you got convenient help like this. Believe it!"

@Khan of the Mardu
"​

"I am. I'm spending time with her right now."

0Dh4vHv.png

Joshua sighed. "Don't worry about it so much. I can't stand here forever so, at some point, I will walk around and do something else." He chuckled, however, when Teresa said that he didn't look like the type who would know trivia. "I don't strike you as smart? You wound me, Teresa. Not to brag but, I'm very intelligent. Don't forget, I've been around a long time. It isn't as if I've wasted all that time harassing people. I've read and studied many subjects."

Teresa's comment about him becoming too soft accompanied by her comment afterwards regarding what his gift might be like caused Joshua to reply with, "If you don't like heartfelt things, I suppose you won't like this gift then. Shockingly, it's not a joke this time. I know, I know. Who am I and what have I done with Joshua? While I am aware that you and others classify me as an ass, I'll have you know that I actually can be nice sometimes." He was sorely tempted to summon this gift here and now, but he was finding it uncomfortable to do while Ciel was conversing with them. Turns out, it wasn't a good time to do it anyhow...

V3UiliY.png

"Great," Joshua grumbled after the events that would cause them to shrink to a small size. "My instincts told me this party would be trouble, yet I ignored them and came here anyhow." He ran a hand through his hair and sighed. "Ciel is right; we should continue on and figure a way out of this mess." The Composer was really not having a good time now.

@thatguyinthestore @Pretentious Pineapple @Everyone​
Joshua scowled, hating himself for what he was about to do. He took off the coat he had been wearing over his suit and shoved it into Teresa's hands. "Give this to the kid. I was going to give it to you, but I know you'll give it to him anyhow. Dammit, this is so-- Ugh..." Josh shoved away from the group, walking ahead in a brisk pace. He felt naked, and it wasn't because he had given up his coat. Without his god-like abilities, he felt helpless and anxious. When was the last time he had felt like this? Perhaps during the Arch-Demon war, but even then he had some of his power. Right now, he was as helpless as any ordinary human and that... scared him.​

smiling1_by_teh_zombish-d9g3pth.jpg

Due to the quietness of the statement, Teresa didn't quite hear his first answer regarding spending time with the thing he came here for. Instead, she only could grin upon his statement that he was smart. "Heh, is that so? Alright, I'll bite. Tell me something I don't know, mister 'I've-studied-many-subjects'," she requested playfully, meeting his gaze with a light to her eyes. "Good luck. Most of my life was spent in a lab studying... Everything."

Teasing aside, Teresa wasn't expecting Joshua's response regarding the gift. She looked mildly surprised, her eyes widening as she gazed at him. But she quickly did her best to recover, not wanting to seem as appalled as she felt, a scoff parting her lips. "Don't be an idiot. You might be an ass, but I know you aren't an ill intending one. You can be nice," she stated plainly. "But... Thank you, I think. Though I'll save that when I'm sure this isn't a prank," she quipped, hoping to regain her sense of not awe.

She may have said more, but with the occurrence with Orion, she didn't get the chance until the coat was shoved into her hands. A sheepish smile crossed her face, though it quivered faintly with how she shook, and gratitude was clear in her deep blue eyes. Like she had said, he really could be nice. A grateful nod was given and thanks uttered as she glanced again to the boy, giving him one last rub before shakily draping the coat over his shoulders just before wrapping her arms around herself in attempt to warm up. "Th-there. B-better...?" she asked, hoping such would be the case.

As the inquiry as to her name was made, she looked slightly embarrassed. "Oh, r-right. It's... Teresa. But J-Josh is the one you should thank," she spoke softly, still shivering faintly from the cold that lingered after embracing Orion. Though, her gaze shifted to Joshua with evident concern, she following after him with a frown. "H-hey... You a-alright?"

@Neko Shogun @thatguyinthestore @Lucky

Last edited:
"Isn't the minnimy minnimy minny mi?" The Mouse King mocked Ibuki in a high pitched voice. It was hilarious because he's a master of comedy. "Listen up, once this chapter gets underway, you're gonna wish you got convenient help like this. Believe it!"

@Khan of the Mardu
"​
"I'm pretty sure I'd rather just be home, since, you know, stuck here against our wills and all that?" Ibuki countered, shooting the... air a deadpan expression before muttering under her breathe, "Of course he ends his sentences with that line when he's talking to a ninja..."

@Yun Lee

fb26b878b915c11b154a199618116338--genuine-smile-kawaii-things.jpg

Sans looked towards the Mouse King as if to say "Alright, I get it. Can I please speak now? I promise I won't be as vulgar as usual."

@Yun Lee

Plutia felt the need to speak up as she was very confused about what was even going on. While she was speaking, she was twiddling her hair.

e1f33407e27070b138dfd2329adf844b.gif

"Umm... So what exactly is happening... I thought this was a Christmas Party... But no party I've ever been to has this many restrictions..."

@Archmage Jeremiah @Neko Shogun @Pretentious Pineapple @York @thatguyinthestore @ThatAverageGuy @belVita @dark @Minerva @Crow @Takumi @Lucky @Jeremi @Gummi Bunnies @Sen @Alex Azure @Khan of the Mardu

IjEAuy1.png

"Don't give me that look, Ammy. That's the one you always use when you're about to cover me in wolf slobber. Disgusting. Busty 'tiny' babe or not, that's not what I'm into."

bltV0DT.png

"... On a side note, has anybody seen my sword?" he asked, the familiar weight of his weapon gone from his hip. From the looks of it, it seemed the others were in a similar situation, having lost their weapons.

Tch. To prove a point, Amaterasu stuck her tongue out at Issun fleetingly in a completely mature manner, though whether this was a mockery or a threat was up to interpretation. Still, when it came to his sword she only rolled her eyes, gesturing to her back. Normally, there was a divine instrument settled there, but it was very clearly gone. Even to the Poncle that could typically see the thing.

Weapons gone. Message simple.

@Sen

"There you go."

"Thank you!"

"How do we-"

"Perhaps we should...give them a hand?" Elena replied seemingly rather nonplussed by the fact that she was now tiny. "This is quite the exciting turn for the party isn't it?"

Hecate meanwhile tried in vain to summon up any magic, it was like all her power had been sucked out with a sponge. "I have been robbed of my powers and cursed into a weak form with a mind not my own in the past...at least I still have my wits."

@Khan of the Mardu
"​

"He is no Socrates..."
Hecate mused aloud to people in ear shot. She then turned her attention towards Karin. "Kanzuki considering the circumstances I question now why I came to your party."

Orion and Will

Orion went to pick up the glue as if he was going to do it.... but he instead choose to squirt some on his hand. What did you expect from a 14 year old? Peeling glue was the best.

Will facepalmed. "I'll be taking that," he said, taking the glue out of Orion's hand and squirting it onto the plastic figure.

@Yun Lee @Khan of the Mardu

Last edited:
"Perhaps we should...give them a hand?" Elena replied seemingly rather nonplussed by the fact that she was now tiny. "This is quite the exciting turn for the party isn't it?"

Hecate meanwhile tried in vain to summon up any magic, it was like all her power had been sucked out with a sponge. "I have been robbed of my powers and cursed into a weak form with a mind not my own in the past...at least I still have my wits."

"He is no Socrates..."
Hecate mused aloud to people in ear shot. She then turned her attention towards Karin. "Kanzuki considering the circumstances I question now why I came to your party."

"Man, if only we had Buzz Lightyear here, Elena, he could sure help us," Ibuki responded before gesturing with the arm she was lifting up towards the glue, "Anyways, you mind getting the glue and applying it? I'll reattach the arm once you do." Hecate's commentary elicited a soft chuckle from the kunoichi as she added on, "Yeah, I think some of the guys in my creative writing class could beat him in a writing competition. As for Karin's parties, trust me, it's either stuff like this or being hired as a retainer, so you really shouldn't come unless you're used to it... even if it does get in the way of your holiday cheer, dangit."

It was then that she noted one of the other party-goers, one she didn't know and who was kind of cute. Course, he also looked kind of young for her... Dangit, Karin, why couldn't you invite handsome guys around my age? "Hey, thanks, dude!" Whatever his age or looks were, Ibuki was just glad he was on top of things and shot him a grateful smile before beginning to try and reattach the arm to the proper figure.

@Jeremi @Yun Lee @Lucky

"My suspicion is that we should simply keep moving forward. I know that it's not the most intelligent of ideas, but sometimes keeping things simple reaps better seeds than one would think." Ciel suggested, not seeming one bit phased by the cold.

As he kept moving, Ciel glanced up to both Teresa and Joshua, casually taking each step with his cane in tow. "So... what is it that you two exactly do for a living? You mentioned earlier that Joshua is your boss, after all."

@Pretentious Pineapple @Neko Shogun

uG7wkKt.png

Sayori had been so busy fangirling over Macy's poem that she actually had not noticed what had happened to the group.

"Ah, Macy I love your poem! You used a lot of my favorite words in it! Who is the brother you were talking abou-- Huh?!"

Finally realizing something was different, the girl quizzically glanced around the area, blinking her clear blue eyes. "Why is everything so... so... BIG!" she shouted, throwing her arms up in the air as she would gesture to the blocks. She hadn't realized that they were the ones who had gotten small. "Macy, Momoka, what just happened?" she asked, before glancing in Elizabeth's direction.

"Eee! You're right! The toys are sooo cute! I can't believe they're bigger than us. This is kind of cool!"

@Alex Azure @Crow @thatguyinthestore
"I know!!! I just want to take all of them back to my house like they're giant Christmas presents!!!" Elizabeth exclaimed, jumping up and down and clapping her hands as she did so.

@Neko Shogun

"Man, if only we had Buzz Lightyear here, Elena, he could sure help us," Ibuki responded before gesturing with the arm she was lifting up towards the glue, "Anyways, you mind getting the glue and applying it? I'll reattach the arm once you do." Hecate's commentary elicited a soft chuckle from the kunoichi as she added on, "Yeah, I think some of the guys in my creative writing class could beat him in a writing competition. As for Karin's parties, trust me, it's either stuff like this or being hired as a retainer, so you really shouldn't come unless you're used to it... even if it does get in the way of your holiday cheer, dangit."

It was then that she noted one of the other party-goers, one she didn't know and who was kind of cute. Course, he also looked kind of young for her... Dangit, Karin, why couldn't you invite handsome guys around my age? "Hey, thanks, dude!" Whatever his age or looks were, Ibuki was just glad he was on top of things and shot him a grateful smile before beginning to try and reattach the arm to the proper figure.

@Jeremi @Yun Lee @Lucky

"Of course! It's a shame my present was broken, but I appreciate the gesture all the same!" Elena was practically beaming as she went to get the glue, struggling to get it to place before Hecate came and helped. Not out of the goodness of her heart but rather the faster they could fix this trinket the faster they could get out of their predicament. "Thank you for the help miss Hecate!"

Hecate could not help but smirk at the girls optimism. "We are in this together aren't we not?"

@Khan of the Mardu @Yun Lee @Lucky

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back