Interest Check The Scarlet Five

View attachment 8041
Name: Hazel Lynn/ Calista Lynn
Alias: Hazel, The Twin Soul
Height: 5’4
Weight: 109 lbs.

Bio: Hazel was born in Dreznor, south of Newport, but moved to Newport at the young age of 7 with her parents in hopes of a better life. Her entire she has known that there was another person occupying her body. From a young age Hazel and Calista have worked together on everything. She had the best grades in school and even was part of the Student Council. Their future looked bright. Both made sure to keep the fact that Hazel actually had two souls a secret.

When they were 18 they went out of the city to explore the foot of the mountain just outside of Newport. After hours of wandering around they started to hear whining. It wasn’t long until they made a rare discovery. They found a wolf pup with horns starting to grow. They’d never seen such a thing before. The pup didn’t seem to be doing so well though so they took the pup into town to a vet. The vet was as surprised as they were by the site and agreed to treat the animal’s wounds. They decided when the wounds were healed that they’d raise it. They decided to name it Felix.

One day they went to go visit her parents and the door was broken in. With their heart racing they entered the house. What they found horrified them. Her parents had been ripped apart and thrown about the room. Later they would find out that The Scarlet Five was responsible for the murder. They decided that the organization must be stopped and gathered like minded people, forming what would become The Opposition. Naturally they would train Felix to help. The symbol of The Opposition would actually become an insignia of Felix.

Affiliations: Hazel, The Twin Soul founded The Opposition with a group of like-minded people. As the years passed the organization grew until it was almost as big as The Scarlet Five in numbers. She wanted to make sure that those recruited were suitable for the job and created tests that would determine what job was best for them and if they were suitable to be part of the organization.
She works with the police to get information on The Scarlet Five

Powers: Other than having two souls Hazel/Calista have no powers.

Equipment and Non-Powered Abilities:Hazel/Calista wear a bullet proof vest underneath her clothing. She carries two pistols that she has become very adept at using, almost never missing her target. Strapped to each wrist she has a blade that when she clenches her fist the blade pops out (similar to how they do with Baraka from Mortal Kombat) and she’s adept at using them.

Relations: They care deeply for those that have joined her in The Opposition. They have a neutral view on the police. They want to see The Scarlet Five brought to justice.

I was thinking about a character I was making for a founder of The Opposition and was thinking about giving her a calopus (horned wolf basically)
That is totally possible, if you make it believable. I will judge your application accordingly but it will surely be okay!

Same with this one. Let me know if there needs to be any revisions/things that make little sense and I'll make corrections.
General InformationView attachment 8040
Name: N/A
Alias(es): Madame Sea, MS
Age: N/A (It’s rude to ask for a Lady’s age y’know? – MS)
Height: 5’5” (165cm)
  • Council Member of The Opposition
  • Owner of Le Faunt’s Herbs & Oddities

Biography: Madame Sea was born on the Canary islands of Paradisio, off the coast of Newport City. Her parents fled Paradisio once Prime Minister Laurent De La Mont came to power and passed the Witch Eradication Act (WEA) to rid the islands of alleged “witches.” Madame Sea was raised in Newport City by her two refugee parents. Between ages of her childhood to her early twenties is a time she does not talk about ever. In the photograph (picture right) Madame Sea became a Hostess for a now defunct bar and was also a dancer before ultimately quitting the Entertainment Industry to open (and currently own) La Faunt’s Herbs & Oddities with her deceased significant other (whom she wishes to not be named). Madame Sea currently owns and operates her shop (of over forty years) and is a council member in The Opposition.

Affiliation(s):
  • The Opposition
Madame Sea, alongside other notable members, helped form The Opposition in response to the emergence of The Scarlet Five. Her reasoning was the same as others who grew weary of powered individuals wreaking havoc on their city of Newport.

In [TO] there are a rare few with powers and Madame Sea let hers be known the moment they started [TO]. From observation and training, what we found were:

Power(s): Plant Growth

Madame Sea has already mastered and controlled her ability to influence the growth of plant life. Although, the true extent of her ability is unknown, Madame Sea revealed two other sub-sets of power known as: Plant Manipulation and Plant Enhancement. Through observation, here’s what we found:
  • Accelerated Plant Growth – Ability to accelerate the growth of plants and other plants to bloom instantaneously.
  • (See above) Plant Manipulation – Ability to use plants to grow from small or abnormally large and use their vines, stems, roots to her will.
  • (See Above) Plant Enhancement – Ability to mature plants in moments, cause them to flower and produce in abundance.
Her limitations include:
  • Unable to create plants, only can accelerate the growth of seeds and would need fertile soil.
  • Limited to her emotional state, whether she’s feeling angry, sad, happy etc. it will reflect in the plants that she manipulates.
  • Unable to manipulate plants that aren’t native to the area she’s in and/or native to her.
  • Due to age, Madame Sea’s power is limited to the reserved stamina/energy she uses.

Equipment & Non-Powered Abilities:
  • Madame Sea is familiar with poisons and plant-life that is able to render the human body useless/paralysed. (Note: Aspen learned her ability to work with poisons from MS)
  • Madame Sea is a Botanist and uses her knowledge of Botany to help with the biochemicals used within plants and raw materials such as metal, sand etc. to help the others in building new ways of warfare against [TSF]
  • Madame Sea has powerful connections in the Entertainment Industry of Newport City and uses those connections to help The Opposition. She's also known to be quite the charmer.

Relations:
  • The Opposition – Trusted/Friendly.
  • The Scarlet Five – Distrusted/Enemy.
  • Council of [TO] – Most Trusted/People she loves dearly.
  • The Police of Newport City – Neutral. Particularly never gave her any trouble, but doesn’t believe in their methods of keeping the city safe.
  • Unnamed [Deceased] Parents – Her idols/people who helped her get away from a tyrannical happening in their homelands.
  • Aspen – Child Figure. Madame Sea is always doting on Aspen and ultimately sees them as the child they would never have.
  • [REDACTED] – Lover/Partner-In-Marriage. A figure she will never talk about, but it is obvious how much longing is in their eyes when the subject of love comes up.
Other:
  • Madame Sea is not fond of digital photography and/or anyone taking her photo without her consent. Any attempt to photograph her will result in punishment of becoming immobile for an entire day or until the culprit has learned their lesson.
  • In [TO], she's seen as a Mother Figure and is usually seen giving advice to those who seek it out from her. Otherwise, she usually leaves everyone alone.
  • Madame Sea's real name is unknown and she prefers to keep it that way. Although, files on her origins lie in the Archives of Paradisio's Files on its citizens (both alive and deceased).

This seems good! I like it! I don't really have anything to comment on except maybe the low ranking, she seems to be a rather influential person.

Reactions: Dan
View attachment 8041

Bio: Hazel was born in Dreznor, south of Newport, but moved to Newport at the young age of 7 with her parents in hopes of a better life. Her entire she has known that there was another person occupying her body. From a young age Hazel and Calista have worked together on everything. She had the best grades in school and even was part of the Student Council. Their future looked bright. Both made sure to keep the fact that Hazel actually had two souls a secret.

When they were 18 they went out of the city to explore the foot of the mountain just outside of Newport. After hours of wandering around they started to hear whining. It wasn’t long until they made a rare discovery. They found a wolf pup with horns starting to grow. They’d never seen such a thing before. The pup didn’t seem to be doing so well though so they took the pup into town to a vet. The vet was as surprised as they were by the site and agreed to treat the animal’s wounds. They decided when the wounds were healed that they’d raise it. They decided to name it Felix.

One day they went to go visit her parents and the door was broken in. With their heart racing they entered the house. What they found horrified them. Her parents had been ripped apart and thrown about the room. Later they would find out that The Scarlet Five was responsible for the murder. They decided that the organization must be stopped and gathered like minded people, forming what would become The Opposition. Naturally they would train Felix to help. The symbol of The Opposition would actually become an insignia of Felix.

Affiliations: Hazel, The Twin Soul founded The Opposition with a group of like-minded people. As the years passed the organization grew until it was almost as big as The Scarlet Five in numbers. She wanted to make sure that those recruited were suitable for the job and created tests that would determine what job was best for them and if they were suitable to be part of the organization.

Equipment and Non-Powered Abilities:Hazel/Calista wear a bullet proof vest underneath her clothing. She carries two pistols that she has become very adept at using, almost never missing her target. Strapped to each wrist she has a blade that when she clenches her fist the blade pops out (similar to how they do with Baraka from Mortal Kombat) and she’s adept at using them.

Relations: They care deeply for those that have joined her in The Opposition. They have a neutral view on the police. They want to see The Scarlet Five brought to justice.
View attachment 8041

Yes. This is good. The wolf can be used as a symbol for TO. I could make a logo later.

1. If there is anyone who can stop him, it is anyone with immunity/ strong resistance to most manmade weapons. Given that his primary offense is through the use of them, such entities would force him to stay away from them until he finds something to exploit, which could be difficult if said entity is capable of constantly tracking him down.

2. I assume that you are specifically referring to Supernova, since Third Eye only gives hallucinations (that deadly brawl is a result of conflict escalation). I could add that Supernova requires its viewers to be in a state of shock to work. Might also change its effects to just seizures and full body pain at a minimum

3. Only Bluebird is inherently immune to it, along with characters innately immune to cognitohazards (and I doubt that there would be many). Brainwashed victims are also immune to it by default. This actually makes them more risky to use.

Thank you very much for the questions and complements. I shall now begin making edits.

On another note, I plan on making Agent Joe an actual character once Bluebird is fully approved.

1. Ah yes, I misunderstood his powers. I agree.

2. Yes, do something like that. An area-of-effect like attack like Supernova is very hard to counter, therefore either nerf it or make it very hard to use or you need some specific resources.

3. I see. It's good.

Go ahead and make Agent Joe a character. We need more mundane characters like Agent Joe!

1. Ah yes, I misunderstood his powers. I agree.

2. Yes, do something like that. An area-of-effect like attack like Supernova is very hard to counter, therefore either nerf it or make it very hard to use or you need some specific resources.

3. I see. It's good.

Go ahead and make Agent Joe a character. We need more mundane characters like Agent Joe!

Thanks a lot. By far, I tried to edit Third Eye so that it needs to be painted, printed , or drawn, while I edited Supernova to only work when it is seen while the viewer is in a state of shock (which means that if the viewer gets shocked, then swiftly regains their cool before seeing it, it is utterly useless. An edit on the sample event is done to demonstrate it.)

An for Joe, I have worked on him already and am on the revising stage. I intend him to be a complete play on the concept of the double-agent if that is fine.

Basically, I plan for him to be a member of both TSF and TO, but his true identity is yet to be known (which is the only way to figure out which side he actually works for). To sum it up, I plan for him to be an escalated version of the unreliabilite duality of the double agent. That is, if that's fine.

Thanks a lot. By far, I tried to edit Third Eye so that it needs to be painted, printed , or drawn, while I edited Supernova to only work when it is seen while the viewer is in a state of shock (which means that if the viewer gets shocked, then swiftly regains their cool before seeing it, it is utterly useless. An edit on the sample event is done to demonstrate it.)
Great! I didn't want you to feel like it's unfair or something or that I'm attacking your character. It's great!

An for Joe, I have worked on him already and am on the revising stage. I intend him to be a complete play on the concept of the double-agent if that is fine.

Basically, I plan for him to be a member of both TSF and TO, but his true identity is yet to be known (which is the only way to figure out which side he actually works for). To sum it up, I plan for him to be an escalated version of the unreliabilite duality of the double agent. That is, if that's fine.
Of course! Let's say we have about maximum 2-3 more double agents.

Just a heads up so that when world-building about the TSF base we don't completely create different ideas. I based a new addition to my CS on the suggestion that TSF operates from an underground base. I only really described three rooms, so everything else is open. If there's anything you want to add or work with me to change about the few rooms I described lmk.

Also, GM, feel free to ask me to edit anything since it's your rp at the end of the day.
I do have a question for you. Is this going to be a multi-thread rp or just a single-thread?

Remember that you guys have almost total freedom when shaping this world, as you've done thus far.

Also. What do you guys think? This is shaping up to be a large roleplay, yes, so it would make a lot of sense for it to be multiple threads. Then again we could just have one giant thread. I'm not sure.

Here are some ideas if we decide to do a multi-thread:

1. The Opposition has plans to raid an underground base of the Scarlet Five. They've planned this raid for a few weeks and intend to take out the most powerful of The Scarlet Five. The roleplay will consist of the preparation, the attack itself, and the aftermath. This is the scenario we would play IF we go for a single thread only.

2. The Scarlet Five have planned the heist of a very powerful artifact in one of the headquarters of The Opposition. This artifact is something that could be used against TSF, therefore they need to neutralize it. You all can decide the artifact or I could make it.

3. TSF and TO have a meeting. They discuss plans on neutral ground, outside the city limits. Things go wrong.

Also, here are two logo ideas. Tell me your thoughts!

I think Multi-thread is definitely the way to go so that we could keep settings straight and don't accidentally interact with someone in an entirely different area. I like the logos, they look dope.

As for which real prompt, I feel like they are all a bit "short-term" in spirit. Unless they're just the initial conflict and we build up to, go through with, and continue on after with the aftermath and new conflicts/plot points which would be cool. Personally, prompt 3 seems most interesting to me because of everything that could happen. The Artifact one is cool too, I just don't know where the roleplay could go after it. Maybe that's just me though.

I think Multi-thread is definitely the way to go so that we could keep settings straight and don't accidentally interact with someone in an entirely different area. I like the logos, they look dope.

As for which real prompt, I feel like they are all a bit "short-term" in spirit. Unless they're just the initial conflict and we build up to, go through with, and continue on after with the aftermath and new conflicts/plot points which would be cool. Personally, prompt 3 seems most interesting to me because of everything that could happen. The Artifact one is cool too, I just don't know where the roleplay could go after it. Maybe that's just me though.
The idea was a short-term event that could spur on more conflicts. I am open to hearing all your ideas. but yes, multi-thread seems the way to go.

Is this good? Any changes?

Name/ Title / Alias:
Cira Soren
Height: 5'2
Looks: Black hair that falls just below the shoulder, tan skin, purple eyes

Biography:
Cira had a fairly normal life in a suburban town. Her parents were nice and loving to her and cared for her very well. They raised her to be nice and caring, and to not get into any trouble. Everything changed when one night, a fire started in their home, killing her parents. The firefighters did not arrive in time to save them.
She was transferred to an orphanage at the age of only six, and the conditions there were dismal. Cira found she could not rely on the orphanage to provide her with what she needed to be successful later on, so she started a life of crime, only returning to the orphanage when she needed to.
As time went on, she found she had a natural affinity with knives, but mostly throwing knives. At the age of twelve she discovered her power of making portals, and she became confident enough to do more daring and risky heists. By the age of sixteen, Cira was completely reliant on herself, and had made a decent living.

Affiliation: Scarlet Five (S Rank)
It was the day of the grand opening of the Natural History Museum. The main attraction was the supposedly priceless Emerald of the Forest. Cira and her group had already made an elaborate plan of how to break in, steal it, and get back out. Quite simple really, if not for the fact that they found an opposing group was also trying to steal the jewel for themselves. The race was on.
It was a cloudless night, and Cira quickly portalled them into the building, they were five minutes ahead of the other group. They broke through the glass, setting off the alarm, but there was a flaw in the plan. They hadn't planned for the extra set of security guards to be in the room that night. All her allies were shot, and Cira escaped outside just in time to meet some members of the Scarlet Five who looked impressed by her power. With her friends dead, she decided to join them.

-
Powers:

Cira first discovered her ability to make portals at the age of twelve. She soon mastered the skill. What she can do:
-Move herself, others, and objects that go in one portal and fall out another
Limits:
-She can only make a portal somewhere that she has seen before. The more familiar the place she makes the portal, like a street that she visits frequently, the easier and less energy consuming it is to make. She can also make a portal somewhere that she has seen in a picture. The less familiar she is with a place, the accuracy of the placement of the portal is decreased. It will also take more energy to make.
-She has not yet found the limit of how many portals she can make at a time, but the smaller the portals, the more she can make. An object going in one portal can only come out of its paired portal.
-The bigger the portal, the more energy it takes to make.
-The longer she has to hold the portal, the more energy it takes.
-She can keep up the portal while moving around and fighting if it is already made. But making the portal in the first place requires concentration, and time depending on how big it is.
-Using too much energy can result in unconsciousness, and a severe headache.
-If she loses all her energy and does not turn off her portals, they become unstable and going through them can result in injury or being teleported to the wrong place

Equipment & Non-powered abilities:

Cira is very skilled at knives, mostly throwing knives. Her aim is incredibly accurate, and she is also skilled in knife fighting. Cira is also rather good at observation, and spots things most people won't notice. Lock picking is another one of her specialties.

Relations:
Cira dislikes rich people, mostly. The kind who flaunt their wealth.
The Opposition - She does not hate them, and will not go out of her way to hurt them. She just thinks they should stop messing with things all the time.
The Scarlet Five - She trusts the others in The Five with her life and if incredibly loyal. She is careful though with others in the organization though.
Firefighters and Police - She blames them for not saving her parents on time and will hurt them.

Last edited:
Back