Status
Not open for further replies.
Train - Secretariat Building Lobby - Winn / Iris

tumblr_inline_nl0mtnmgn91r3leyb.png

"Nice to meet ya, the name's Train," he replied to Winn, glancing over at Iris after a moment when she would approach them. "Oh hey, Winn here and I were just about to go out to grab a bite to eat. Wanna come with?" he questioned, a rather non-challont invitation. He didn't even really know who this young woman was--just as he didn't know Winn--but that didn't stop him from offering.​

Mason looked somewhat puzzled at Uno's question and started to respond with his own, "Huh? It's not a fushigi. I thought I already..."

He stopped his sentence and exchangwd his expression of confusion for a smile. He realized that he may need to use a more tactful approach in explaining things. He told Uno, "The orb is made of special magic transforming metal that only exists in my universe. Isn't it great?" This was a complete lie, but seeing as his previous explanation had completely flown over Uno's head, Mason needed a different one.

As he did this, he subconsciously stepped in between Uno and Cheza, as if he were protecting her. He didn't do this eith any malice or mistrust towards Uno, but he felt some urge to keep Cheza safe after what she had been through in the Coalition Civil War Incident.

Eager to make friends with whomever he met, Mason introduced himself to Uno. "Mason Moretti. I'm the Secretary-General's aide. Nice to meet you," he said as he held his hand out for a friendly shake.

As he talked, he took notice of Uno's unique hairstyle and commented, "That's some pretty sweet hair you have there. How did you get it like that?"

"Sure!" Iris said happily. "There's a place in the Market District that's pretty nice if you want to go there." She smiled and put her hands behind her. "Oh! I'm Iris Amicitia. I work as an aide to Lady Lunafreya."​

"No more questions for now, Miss," the one referred to as Kido responds to the being known as Oracle. "Hey, Cheza, Toboe, good to see you around! You too, Mason," he greets politely.

The young man adjusts his slightly large business suit, before turning to Umi.

"Why yes, I am Kido. Producer Kido, pleasure to meet you," he smiles at the lady who towered him by a few centimetres, referred to as Umi. "Ah! Umi Sonoda! I guess you've been waiting for me, sorry about the delay. Well, I'll be guiding you around the Secretariat, starting with introductions. Well, for starters, introductions."

Kido looks at the various UN members before him.

"These are various members of the Secretariat. Some such as Mason work as aides to the higher ups, others such as you and me tend to serve a more general purpose in terms of contributions. I have a hunch that you've met Uno over here. He's new as well," Kido explains to Umi, before turning to everyone else. "Everyone, this is Umi Sonoda. She'll be working in the Secretariat with us from this day on. Do treat her nicely."

Kido continues.

"Of course, there are many other employees in the Secretariat to meet. Let's head into the building, shall we, Ms Sonoda?"

Train - Secretariat Building Lobby - Winn / Iris

tumblr_inline_nl0lceOxbc1r3leyb.png

"Yeah, if you know a nice place to eat than by all means lead the way," Train told her. "In case you didn't catch my name from when I introduced myself to Winn, it's Train. I'm pretty new so I don't completely know my way around the place yet, but I am looking forward to learning about all the best places to eat." At the present moment, while his stomach was empty, it was the only thing he could think about.​

Toboe studied the other and momentarily relaxed. Coming to the decision to keep an eye of the other and not take him out of his sights.

Walking over he sniffed the male's hand before nudging it with his nose.

---

Cheza watched as Uno caught the orb, then her attention was taken away as Mason stood between the two. Almost prospectively, which she was used to even now.

"It's good to see you as well, Kido." Cheza answered before returning her attention to Mason and Uno, leaning against his arm slightly as she listened to them talk.​

Magic in his world, huh...man, this Mason kid went all out on his act! "Nice to meet ya, Mason. I'm Uno!" With his free hand Uno shook, before extending the orb to its owner. "Be careful with this thing, it looks valuable.."

But at the compliment, Uno smiled and tossed his long braid in a displsy of showing off. "I got lucky, really. My hair's always been like this-well, not the length, of course, I had to grow it out. It's a pain to deal with in the morning, but definitely worth it!"

As Uno rambled on, Umi smiled at Kido and bowed politely. "Thank you, Producer. It's a pleasure to meet you." You really couldn't judge a book by its cover-Kido had a definite maturity and professionalism to him. Well,probablyfrom being a producer. "If I can ask, what kind of producer are you?"

As he extended the invitation to go inside, Umi bowed to the group. "It was nice to meet you all-I can't wait to get to work!" Well...as long as these people could work. They didn't seem like capable people...okay, Uno didn't, at least. But the street performer boy? An assistant to a higher up? What an odd place this was... "I'm ready when you are," she told Kido, eager to see what the UN building was like.

---------------

Korekiyo couldn't help but let out a sigh of relief. How wonderful, the wolf was relaxed, and so he could be as well. Rather tentatively, Korekiyo scratched behind Toboe's ear as a sign of goodwill. "Good boy..." Who ever said an anthropologist only dealt with humans?​

While walking to the elevators, Umi and Kido would pass by Train, Iris and Winn.

"This is Train, Iris and Winslow. Train joined pretty recently to my immediately knowledge. Train and Iris are Aides of members of the General Assembly. You'll be seeing these two in office somewhat often. Winslow here is a member of the Peacekeepers. I know it's a lot of terminology, but we can read on that some other time. Our current priority is to learn about the Secretariat, where you and I work."

Kido bows to his colleagues for a bit, like a respectful, legitimate businessman.

"See you around, guys. By the way, meet Umi, Umi Sonoda. I am currently showing her around the Secretariat Building. Train, Ms Iris, she will be working with us from today onwards, do treat her well."

And so, both Kido and Umi took the elevator up.

"As for what kind of Producer I am..." Kido unleashes a business card and politely hands it to Umi, "I am a Producer of idols of this Production back in my world."

This would be how Umi would learn of the Producer's given name - Maki.

The elevator reached the floor it intended to - the main office.

Was anyone there?​

Mason gave a polite wave and returned the bow Umi gave as she and Kido left to enter the Secretariat building. As they left, Oracle returned to Mason's side. She rested on Mason's shoulder, but she turned around so that she may speak with Cheza.

Mason took the orb back from Uno and laughed. "I definitely know what a pain long hair can be in the morning, but it's worth it. It's cool that you have those natural streaks in your hair. I finally decided that it wasn't worth dying my hair. So it looks like I'm just a plain old ginger again. As for the orb..."Mason let loose another chuckle before he continued, "You don't have to worry too much about it. It's fine. It isn't going to be around forever anyway. At any moment, I could do this."

Mason raised the orb high in the air - a guesture made purely for dramatic flair - and the orb vanished into a puff of purple smoke. Mason watched Uno's face, searching for a reaction.

As Oracle sat on Mason's shoulder, she began speaking to Cheza, introducing herself, "Hello, Lady Cheza! I am called Oracle. I'm Mason's partner and friend, and I want to thank you so much for beong Mason's friend. I also wish to say that your songs are very lovely and that I would love to hear your singing again sometime. Oh, you probably wonder how I know all this... I live inside Mason's necklace, if that makes much sense. I apologize for not being active much previously. It is a pleasure to meet you now."

"Alright!" Iris said. "I know just the place." The UN's headquarters reminded her a lot of The Crown City (and not just in architecture. :|), from the markets, to the sights and sounds. There was always something to do.

---

People milled around the lobby, carrying briefcases and files, and wearing suits and being generally UN Rank-and-File. It seemed the door to the General Assembly hall had quite a few people coming out of it, like a meeting had just wrapped up.​

Winn had noticed that there was mass influx of people coming this way. He guessed that it must have been from some early meeting or something, he wasn't sure about that. He noticed that someone approached them to talk. He was fine with that.

Sadly, Winn wasn't versed in every single member of the Secretariat. He had just happened to meet Robin for a short while and that was mostly by accident as it would seem. He hadn't intended to.

Winn smiled and filed the name away. It was another easy name for him to remember like Kara. Both of them were fairly uncommon for other humans to have. He didn't know Train, but he was happy to go anywhere where he got to spend time with some new friends and explore the city. It certainly beat worrying about everyone back home and how they were doing at the moment too.

Winn didn't know much about the city, but he thankfully knew where the Market District was, in case he got separated from the rest of the group. " Hey, Iris. I'm Winn Schott, I'm kind of new here. Train mentioned my name- just wanted to put a name to a face," he said.

Winn was fine with whatever they were going to eat. He took a sip of the coffee he had brewed up in his apartment. He was silent, as he debated what they were going to eat. He really missed Kara and her potstickers, they were a great late night snack. He would have to remind himself to mention Kara bringing some potstickers to Barry Allen so that he could bring it across dimensions. He pushed that thought aside.

Winn arched an eyebrow and decided to not ask where. He didn't have much to contribute to the conversation at the moment. He knew that National City was big, but this city felt bigger. He paused and decided to ask. " So, how exactly did you two find out about the UN?" He asked curiously.​

Toboe's tail flicked behind him, a pleased look in his face as he let the other scratch him behind his ears.

---

"This one would gladly sing for you whenever you would like." Cheza replied in a friendly manner. Hearing Oracle's explanation, Cheza nodded.

"That time was...rough for this one and everyone involved." she replied after a moment of thought.

"This one is glad to meet you, Oracle." Cheza added with a smile.​

"Nice to meet you, Winn." Iris said. "I joined the UN when Lady Lunafreya joined." She said happily. "It seemed like my kind of job!"​

Train - Heading to the Market District - Winn / Iris

tumblr_inline_nl0mw3aQLZ1r3leyb.png

One their group had agreed to go, Train glanced to the door before beginning to head out. He seemed eager, walking rather quickly. While walking, however, he replied to his two new acquaintances. "I have to admit, I've never heard of any Lady Lunafreya," Train said with an unconcerned shrug, placing his hands behind his head. "But then again, I haven't exactly been around here very long. She sounds important though."

"As for how I found out about the UN," Train began, "I actually found out about them through the Coalition. I joined the Coalition first hoping they'd be able to help me out, but they were too busy with their own... issues." Train frowned. After the Civil War mess he found himself dragged into, Train lost any interest he had in staying with them. They were obviously too busy dealing with their own power struggles to have any time to help him out. "Anyhow, I left the Coalition and decided to go with the UN to see if they would be able to help me. I'm trying to find one missing friend and treat the injuries of anoth--"

"Crap!" Train exclaimed, stopping abruptly. "I was waiting to meet with Robin so I could talk to him about my friends. I really need to do that soo--"

Grumble.

Feeling his stomach growl, Train sighed. "Eh, Robin can wait. There's no use talking to him while I have an empty stomach anyhow," he said, smiling sheepishly.​

"..."

Among the people seen in the main office, two individuals of notable appearance, one rather tall man standing at precisely six feet, and accompanying him, a comparatively petite girl of 5'4, stood out, almost seeming to display a mien that suggested they were people of importance. The former was Nobuchika Ginoza, a member of the Security Council, and as the two drew near, he cleared his throat, crossing his arms.

"Mister Kido," he simply said, his gruff way of greeting someone not even seeming to include a smile or a hello. Ginoza gave the self-proclaimed legitimate businessman a deadpan look as he glanced over at Umi, and then back at Kido, "And what young girl have you incidentally exposed to the facilities of the United Nations this time?"

"Well, in the wake of the recent events, it seems that we have been getting more and more prospective members. If that's the case, I suppose a tour is the best immediate course of action," the young woman next to Ginoza said. This young woman, in question, was Akane Tsunemori, effectively the new Deputy Secretary-General. It was a wonder how she'd managed to get this far in so short a span of time, considering she'd only joined the organization since the Neo-Tokyo Incident, and before she knew it, here she was, essentially the second-in-command.

Akane gave Umi a friendly smile and an outstretched arm, gesturing for a handshake. "My name's Akane Tsunemori. People would have you refer to me by my title, Deputy Secretary-General, but... It's rather a mouthful, so you can call me Miss Tsunemori... if not just Akane. And you are?"

"Hey, red hair is nice! One of my best friends is a redhead...well, kind of. He has red tips...okay, yeah he's not a redhead." Uno shrugged. "It's actually pretty common, where I'm from, all different hair colors. Blues, reds, greens, and sometimes more than one color!"

But as Mason made the orb vanish, Uno gasped in amazement. "Woah!! How did you do that?! That was amazing!!"

-----------------

Korekiyo continued to scratch the dog's ears a few moments more before finally pulling away. "I should be going now. I work at the United Nations building, you know. I'm not some villainous outsider, despite how I may look." Again with the talking to animals. He must be going mad.

-----------------------

Umi gave the same polite greeting to the people on the first floor, and followed Kido into the elevator. As she looked over his card she couldn't help but smile. "What a coincidence! I'm a former idol myself! Back home I was part of my school's idol group...and there was a girl named Maki, too. One of my good friends."

Meeting Akane and Ginoza was a surprise, particularly due to Akane being such a high-ranking person here. Starstruck, Umi needed a moment before shaking her hand. "Umi Sonoda. Pleasure to meet you, Miss Tsunemori."

She then turned to Ginoza. "Actually, I found out about this place online, while looking for summer work. It's weird, though...isn't the UN stationed in America?"

"Well, if I knew everything about how my powers worked, I wouldn't be out here training. That's why I'm out here so early. I was at work because Robin has a meeting with the General Assembly, but he said he didn't need me for awhile, so I decided to train. Looks like I've made my progress today, so I'm done!"

"That's not the kind of attitude you should have, Mason," Oracle chided. She turned around on Mason's shoulder to face his front.

Mason shifted his position to consolidate all four participants into the conversation. He took a step back so that he was next to Cheza and he wrapped an arm around her in a friendly hug. In response to Oracle, he said, "I know, I know, but the meeting should be out fairly soon. I probably should get back to work at that point."

Oracle giggled and said, "I'm sure Robin could give you some time to spend with Lady Cheza," with a very childish and teasing tone. Her comment brought blush to Mason's cheeks.

He stammered, "Well, you're part of the Secretariat now too, right, Cheza? I'm sure you're busy." Despite talking to Cheza, his eyes darted away from her face.

Oracle mischievously flew over next to Uno and whispered in his ear, "What do you think of those two as a couple. Wouldn't they be cute?"

"μ's, is that correct?" the Producer asks Umi. "Quite the fan of your unit's works. I most notably enjoy Snow Halation. It's a nice tune to listen to on Christmas Eve."

The Producer coughs for a bit.

"Sorry, just wanted to make sure that you were comfortable about speaking about your prior profession."

Just then, the two bump into Ginoza and Tsunemori. Ginoza was the first to speak.

"Good morning, Mr Ginoza," Kido smiles as he bows most politely, "I am taking our new recruit for a tour around the Secretariat Building. She'll be working here for a while, so I was assigned to show her the place - everyone's desks, everyone's names, and last but not least her desk. Ms Umi Sonoda here is one of the newest members of the Secretariat. Ms Sonoda, I'd like you to meet Mr Nobuchika Ginoza. He is a member of the Security Council. You'll be seeing him a often."

Kido then turns to Ms Tsunemori and blushes for a bit. "G- good morning, Ms Tsunemori..." he bows politely, but in a slightly slower fashion that displayed some extent of nervousness.

"Ms Tsunemori says I'm doing the best immediate course of action..," the petite Producer utters in a gleeful voice so silent, people could barely hear it. "Ms Tsunemori, you can count on me to give Ms Sonoda a great tour," the petite one says with newfound confidence and newfound enthusiasm, "I wouldn't be a legitimate businessman if I couldn't."

"..."

Ginoza's tall form almost seemed to impose upon Umi, his steel-like gaze practically piercing into the younger girl as he examined her and took in her words. His expression was practically deathly serious, yet also amusingly deadpan in some other manner, as he let out a sigh.

"You really are new here, huh..." He mumbled unhelpfully, before clearing his throat and proceeding to speak louder, "Just... think of us as the... Japanese branch and don't think too hard about it."

Meanwhile, Akane, engaged in conversation with Kido, raised an eyebrow at his odd reaction to her. "Ah... Kido-san, are you alright? You look a little pink there... And what exactly are you mumbling about?"

Of course, her questions were swept aside when Kido, boosted with a sudden burst of bravado, spoke once more, causing her to blink in mild surprise, though the optimistic enthusiasm caused her to let out a light giggle admittedly.

"I... see," Akane spoke, scratching her cheek with her finger lightly, "Well, would you like some company to help you with your tour? Ginoza-san and I just got out of a meeting, and I suppose we can afford to take some time away from producing reports if it's to help familiarize a prospective member, right?"

"Th- that would be great, Ms Tsunemori!" Producer Kido says with confidence, before turning to Umi. "Ms Sonoda, will you be alright with a few extra hands? Ms Tsunemori and Mr Ginoza have both been around the place longer than I have, so they will have greater knowledge on the area."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back