Ame Damnee The Staff n' Flagon - Tavern & Inn

Sikex, as played by Meliodas

The Staff N'Flagon

Sikex could sense that the lost soul had found peace on its own, which so rarely happened. Normally, people begged, screamed, and tried to bargain for their soul, but this time had been different. Although he was the Angel of Death, souls surprisingly could find their own way… though, they rarely did so. “No, I am staying this time. Just had a feeling, is all.” No one could know his identity because that knowledge could very well alter the very course of existence itself. He was an observer, nothing more, nothing less. To anyone who asked, he was simply a humble barkeep.

“Useless? Hardly! You are one of the finest bakers in all New Eden. Without you and Abbi, I wouldn’t even manage to screw my head on in the morning.” Letting out a soft chuckle, he stood to face Lorie. “When you are ready, come join the rest of us, okay? Don’t ever question your importance. We all have reason… it is just up to each of us to find that reason. Yours is out there, don’t ever fool yourself into believing otherwise.” Caressing her cheek like a father would a child, he stepped out of the room, returning to the bar.

“Alright, who missed me?” He boasted, noting the broken glass on the floor before quickly taking up a broom and beginning to sweep up the mess. “A free round, on the house!” Something needed to be done to return things to normal. It was bad enough that the city had gone quiet with Grandmaster Raakshdos having left the city. A poor move to abandon the city, leaving practically no one in charge.

“Now, Oni, tell me. What is a fine creature such as yourself, an angel no less, doing in New Eden?” Sikex spoke as he finished cleaning up. Finally, once he had got all the shards of glass up off the floor, he took his seat at the bar beside Oni… thoughts quietly turning to Lorie. She needed to learn to stand up for herself, which was why he didn’t push her to leave his office. He had hoped she would come to that decision on her own.

@OniIgnasha, @RyunaSiege, @Trust

Oni
The Staff 'n Flagon
Oni had not really had to move when the glass was thrown. The woman had impressive aim, and she simply watched it fly past her and shatter. She turned back to look at the woman, who turned as red as Oni's hair before vanishing into the back of the tavern. She understood when Sikex went after the girl, knowing that she needed his attention more than she did at the moment. Her 'curse' words had to be admired. It was quite the feat not to cuss someone out when you were mad enough at them to throw things at them. She waited there where she was while he handled the girl, then shifted and watched him clean up the glass.

Finally Sikex took a seat beside her and asked her what she was doing in New Eden. "I was born here, actually. Learned to fight, and became a warden. Well... Not a full Warden yet." She said with a sigh, brushing some of her hair from her face.

Abbi
The Staff 'N Flagon

Abbi had gone back to working, pausing only long enough to watch Lorie take off. She shook her head and let out a sigh, then began putting out the pastries that were finished. She then got back to work, putting some loaves of bread into one of the ovens. For now she ignored the three other people in the tavern, simply working hard. If they wanted something they could ask. But until then, she had work to do.

Archer and Kestrel - Tavern, District Elysian

Kestrel tilted his head slightly as he listened to the woman. If they weren’t desperate of a place to start he would have gone with an option of letting his twin find his own place to be for the moment. Sighing he stood and smiled at her, “That sounds wonderful,” He nodded, “Let me get Archer.”

He moved over to his still angry twin and explained what was going on. While Archer didn’t care for it he nodded and followed his brother’s lead, “We are ready when you are.” Kestrel told Kat.

Kat Charter
"Just no choking me in my sleep, ya hear?" Kat giggled before standing up off the seat with a grinding-scraping noise and swaggering her way to the door, opening it, awaiting the two and heading off to her home a few streets away. On the way there, she asked a few questions to pass the time, such as "Where are you two from? What type of jobs do you do? Do you like cats? (Which involved her giggling quite a lot) and how old are they?" All which she deemed perfectly reasonable given she was just about to allow them into her home, not that she stayed there much. In her line of work, she slept with quite a large variety of people, not that she exactly wanted to, but because she was pretty much called for it, it was in her blood.

Back