The World Engine

"She is an Äncient bound by a code of honour for other dragons, and one of the five guardians who maintained it. If the world does have the same dragon that was written about so long ago she will bestow the ability we are looking for to us."

Cinon was still overly focused on the food on his plate, though quite slow now as nothing he ate really filled the void in his belly. "But she won't like twolegs"

"Yes... There is a good chance the most recent version of her that was alive will be created, the one who had to sacrafice herself to "seal the fate of the twolegs". I do not expect her to be very accommodating to twolegs on that account."

"Weren't there stories about twolegs walkin' around up North by those Purebreds before we came here?"

"I really do not think that that is critical information at this point."

Gabby looked around the table. This was quite an interesting group to be headed into the unknown with. But for the first time in a long time she felt like she had a goal. A purpose. And that was to help Ethan...all of his strange and wonderful personalities....the child-like and curious dragon, Cinon and his strait- forward counterpart Cedric....earn their wishes.
She listened to all of them talk for awhile and as the delicious tasting food and drink faded away. An idea or their worlds had formed in her head at least now. Cinon and Cedric's world sounded as though they would be searching for another dragon that would help them. For Ethan's world...that was more difficult to imagine...but she thought perhaps they might be facing whoever had originally attacked his planet. He had also mentions puzzles and traps as well.
She was the only one who hadn't spoken about her world. At first it didnt seem relevant to bring up her world until they made it through Ethan's but the more information they shared, the better off they would be. And it might change the order in which they did things.

"Ahem," she cleared her throat, gathering everyone's attention, "I think maybe I should talk a bit about my world, so we can think about which world should be next. And then consider if we are ready for Ethan's world."

Cinon stopped and cocked his head to the side curiously as Cedric paused and stared. Pink and Blue listened intently, Orange kept tinkering but nodded and Green sat back in his chair and stared at her. All eyes were on her and the feeling of being seen by so any made her cheeks turn a little pink. She tucked her short hair behind her ear and continued. "My home planet has two layers of continents. 90 of our continents float above the actual surface of the planet and are the only places inhabitable by people. I was once a pilot of flying machines, a SkyCorp captain, that took people from one continent to the other. Below these floating continents is what we call the Wilds. The Wilds have several features but all make them uninhabitable for anything besides what has evolved to live there. There are vast seas, lava flows, fields of poison gas, geysers and jungles. All of which are home to large creatures that are hostile."

Gabby could feel Cinon shift nervously next to her, but Cedric remained quiet, as did Ethan's personalities. "When someone dies, we send their bodies off into the Wilds. After my accident, my body was released into the Wilds too. I think...if I understand this World Engine correctly...that we may have to do some traveling in the Wilds. Most predators are easy to go around but the weather and atmosphere will be a problem. For now, that's all I know or can think of to tell you about my world."

She let that sink in for a moment and gazed at each one of them before taking a deep breath and continuing. "Since Ethan went first, we will be facing his world first, I assume. He has given us tools to use for his world. But I also think we need to be on our guard. This Warden...has a slippery sort of way...and I feel like not everything will be as it appears."

"Pink...Orange...Green... and Blue," she said firmly as her eyes flickered over to all of them and landed on Blue, "What do you think we will be up against in your world? And are we ready to go into it?"

Last edited:
"If I understand you correctly, you will be able to map the land for us with no time passing in our view, then take a direction to the challenges we are to face. I would assume that four bodies would be more effective than one at completing multiple tasks quickly. In terms of us, as long as Cinon is able to maintain stealth, we should not need to face an active enemy and combat will fall to your quartet. The warden keeps mentioning hours, and a limit to them, so someone who knows what exactly he is referencing must keep track of them. I believe we are missing any further necessary information until we pass into the world itself."

Cinon watched patiently, bored of eating this imaginary food, even if most of it was new. He used to eat in his mind too, but it wasn't ever the same as real food so he stopped there. He let his mind wander off to his own home, the plains of the Lowlands between the Northern Jungle and the coastal Mutt city of Arrgament. The small river that he always avoided, the jungle trees mixed with a handful of fruit bearing ones, and the many many glowing flowers of the underbrush. He missed it now, he really did. Travelling for so long, even in the same world, made him realise how much he loved the little things there. Especially the glowing flowers. Too bad there were no twolegs there. Maybe one day they'll come back. Maybe he'll learn from Askaa why they had to go in the first place. Smiling, he flipped back to reality, looking at Gabby expectantly.

Last edited:
"What about playing the white card? Hes faster then us and time warping doesn't take as much as a toll on him."

"But he might not remember the task we assign him, that's if we can get through to him and tell him the plan... You are also forgetting whites natural state is protect us and others and attack any threats, even if they aren't really threats. remember the land of clouds?"

"Outside opinion? White the forgetful or lesser efficiency but 100% accurate?"

As Gabby understood it, the four were going to attempt some sort of time travel on their own to determine what the challenges ahead of them would be inside the World Engine. Then they would return to better formulate a plan. She smiled slightly to herself for a moment at the thought. When she was alive, the idea of time travel would have seemed far fetched if not fantastical. Impossible. Now, she was sitting in the mind of someone from a different planet entirely, about to embark on a mission with 4 people who were also the same person, and what, technically, were two dragons from yet another planet.....

Cedric replied to Blue's question and she listened to him intently. Cinon's brother carried a business-like attitude in his reply, but his logic was sound. She considered his thoughts and what her own were as Blue looked to her.
This White personality they spoke of seemed to be a combination of the four some how. Almost like Grey, but not quite. Apparently time travel would be made easier but he would not be as reliable as if the four went as their own separate selves....

"I think Cedric is right," she said finally in an even tone, "The four of you may work more quickly than the one and even if you don't at least what information you do bring back will be accurate. I feel that is better than expecting one thing and finding another when we enter the Engine. Of course, I don't know how taxing ....warping... will be on the four of you separately. As long as you were able to get there, assess the area decently, and return...safely... I think that would be better than going as this White personality."

The surroundings of Father Moon faded away and Gabby could only guess that the four's warp through time had been successful. When she woke in the Observatory, she found herself on the ground. She pulled herself to her feet and dusted the back of her jumpsuit off out of habit.

As she tugged at her sleeves, a coolness touched her shoulder. Almost like a breeze. Turning, her head she saw a wispy shadow by her side that looked familiar, but yet not.

"Grey?" she whispered.

"Miss gabby. I have little time. Can you hear and understand me?"

The voice was crackling, and soft but she could hear it. "Yes, I can hear you. How are you able to be here? Did something happen?"

His neck started forming, the level of detail great, but his transparency increasing while his aura of light dimmed. "There is much I have to tell you but only 4 minutes until I fade. Is it okay if I... by your terms... Possess you?"

Possess. Gabby was familiar with the term. She'd only done something like this once....when she had first died... and it hadn't been the best of experiences. But time was of the essence.
"O-okay," she nodded a little nervously.

He slowly floated over to her, his shadow meeting with hers.
"Listen and remember." The light of Ethan grew and brightened, turning into a pure ethereal white. His details faded into hers and only the glow remained.

The merge stung at first. Like pinches all over her skin as each spirit tried to reconcile the existence of the other. When it faded it left a this strange padded feeling, as if she were being covered in pillows.

Images began to fade in slowly at first. Glimpses of Grey's memory?

A third person sense of Green was shown, him pocketing his gun and then walking away from a mother and their crying baby, him just having killed a monster version of their father.
White appeared. He was a fast and brutal fighter, but didn't stop, and did not know friend from foe. A scene showed of White stabbing into a fleeing creature, its screeching echoing within and the vision shook with vibrations. whites eyes turned a bright red. Light Red then proceeded to turn around and murder the entire town that he was supposed to be protecting.
The image before them quickly flashed past Blue holding Gabby's hand...
Gabby squeezed her own hand instintively as the image faded into another...

Orange tinkering away at a power armor suit with all sorts of gadgets and gismos, the armor could shock foes, fly via jetpack, go underwater, disconnect and attack as separate pieces, and many other things. He was just adding a docking bay for the probe he was going to connect to it when it went rampant and tried to kill all five of them. Orange quickly disabled it and the memory faded again flashing between pink holding a bouquet of flowers and sniffing them.
The last image was a blurry one that kept shifting between different versions of themselves, each with a different tint. Red tint was the warden standing over the fallen corpses of all of them, a red glowing hammer in his hands. Green tint was the warden presenting them with a moving figurine of their galaxy, before it expanded and they left to go back to it. Pink tint shows the group leaving in pairs, all talking about various things, all with figurines of filled wishes.
Yellow was clearer then the rest, but was still quite foggy It also had 2 different shades. The first depicted a single Ethan standing in the middle of the blank observatory. Parts of him were colored as different personalities, but all of them cracked and splintered. The body stomped and a shell of each color fractured and fell like broken glass, leaving a red Ethan in its place. The lighter yellow tint was one of similar actions, except this time White formed from the fractures, and the tinted glass formed back in to the others.

Gabby grew dizzy from the flood of images. Green walking away... White on a rampage...Blue holding her hand...Oranges constant tinkering...Pink with flowers in her hands...

She sank to her knees when the images began to the shifting to things that had yet to happen. Bodies strewn on the floor...cold death and a happy Warden....the joy of success....the warmth of...love....and fractured fear and relief at the same time.

"Grey...what...what is it you are trying to tell me..." she whispered faintly.

Last edited:
W-what? What did these imbeciles do now!? The rules, broken! First, they went in without the entire team. All of the challenges were to be met together as a team. Second? Oh... while not explicitly against the rules, it was against the spirit. The figurines are to be permanent when they enter the world, which they did, but now were back before then. This time travel also brought a new loophole; they could rewind death. This could not stand. It wouldn't stand! And then they dared had the audacity to flaunt their achievements in front of him? No... No...!

The Warden stared directly at Pink, pausing for a few fateful moments, "My... my wish?" it laughed, then it laughed even harder, "You... you... you don't even know the half of it. None of you do! This is sacrilege! A loophole that you have exploited! I thought you were nothing, but oh no, you're more than that aren't you?

"You broke the rule that you all had to go together. You bypassed that once the portal is opened that the figurines are irremovable by rewinding! How can I expect you not to tinker with the figurines after you scouted!? And about that rewinding! That power... you can bypass death with that. You have a free ticket through this all, and that cannot stand! It won't stand!"

The Warden produced a figurine wreathed in shadows and glowing with energy. It depicted a creature seemingly made of fire, "Do you see this? Hm? Did you think you get away with this all without some kind of retribution? Hah... Hahah! No! You won't! This? It's a cursed figurine. It weighs nothing, it deducts a full hour, and it is more potent than any of your figures!" It slammed the cursed figurine down on the rust side, "The Sta'Fai will be waiting for you now. You may think you have things figured out, the plan set, but I. Will. End. You."

The Warden stared down Blue for a few moments, "You really are a whiny child. I thought I implied that you all went together when you were all too eager to start without your last team member. I guess you were a bit dull to realize that. In regards to time, I only explained how the hourglass works, not time travel. I, as the overseer, reserve rights to add punishments as I see fit. And you know what? I'm really tired of your behavior. I am if your goal was to strain me, you have won. And for that,"

He produced a second figurine, floating it around in Blue's face, "You get another figurine. Why? Because I want to see you die. We haven't even officially entered this world, and yet I am tired of this game. You think you are above me. I will prove you wrong."

The second cursed figurine reeked of shadows, flickered with red lightning, and spoke in whispers. It was miasma. A plague.

"You've dug your own grave," he placed the figurine down on the scale, "It was nice to meet you all. But I'm afraid that this will be your one and only journey."

The Warden grabbed a third figurine, "Just keep taunting me. You're just giving me more excuses."

It placed down a third cursed figurine, "Oh, how about a little bit of mosquitoes?" It snickered, "Oh, and by the way. I can wait for a very, very, long time. I don't think you know what you are messing with. Ah, too bad. Maybe you will survive, but your friends? You've dug their graves too."

Cedric nodded, quickly reforming back to Cinon and booting them both from Father Moon before they would have been removed anyway. Back in the real world, Cinon opened his eyes, slowly getting back to his feet. He saw the four colours enter the portal just before they suddenly reappeared. The four colours were back already, getting things together and planning again.

"That was it?" Cinon mumbled quietly. Then, the warden exploded out in a fit of anger. He instinctively turned invisible, shrinking back to the edge of the room and hiding from the Wardens lashing out. He gasped as the new figure was placed onto the scale, getting upset himself at the unfairness.

- - -

Cedric was paying only partial attention; he trusted Cinon to keep them safe for now. Something was perplexing him; Father Moon felt like a mind, but also didn't. There was something else there, something that definitely was not the form of mind he had seen before. He knew they were of some other world, possibly a world of some magic he could not even comprehend at this time, but it still felt different than magic. It felt electrical, like the few odd dragons who had that ability in the city.

He needed to know, needed to learn about this world. He needed more time there to learn. It was a good thing he left the gate back, and that they were near. He broke through the walls Father Moon had, using the familiarity of the passage to an extreme advantage, and entered by his own ability.

He stood in the void, waiting and watching for the figure that had appeared before to return.

Father Moon, as expected, appeared before him, a surprised look on his face. "How did you get here? I disconnected ages ago."

"I have a set of skills beyond my understanding at this moment. I require information from you, and your world."

"Go ahead, ask away."

"Your world feels different than the other minds I've been in; electric and fake... Artificial. Ethan, your host, is obviously of another world, but it does not feel like magic you live in. What are you?"

"I am not of ethan, I am of his race. His race is that of machines, and I myself am a part of their mechanical minds. A cog in all Zanran brains. My power is bourne of technology, not magic."

"I do not know the words you are using, but I believe I understand. You are of machines... Electrical machine minds. With great knowledge of the world, but not of the magic mine is sourced in. That must mean... Thank you, Father Moon." Cedric bowed briefly, vanishing again as he returned to Cinon to take stock of the situation.

This was not good. Not at all.

"Cinon, ask to speak to the Warden telepathically"

I really don't know if that's a good idea right-

"Just ask. If he says no we may still speak to him through you."

Fine.

"Uh... Warden?" Cinon asked, not taking the risk of turning visible. "Cedric wants to talk to you... In my head... If you can do that... Please."

Last edited:
Perhaps the Warden had overreacted, maybe there was a hint of truth behind the group's words, but emotions cloud the mind. The Warden was already at odds with Ethan. From the start, "Green" had given it a death threat. From there, it just went slowly downhill. Maybe it was their erratic behavior, maybe it was how they entered thinking they knew how the device worked, maybe it was that using time travel felt like cheating. It all felt wrong, and the second death threat... oh that was the finishing blow. Even if they proved him wrong at this point, the Warden wouldn't care. Anger filled it; revenge on its mind. It would put Ethan in his place.

The Warden was juggling figurines at this point, actively taunting Ethan, "Which one next? Hm? I've got plenty more. Go on, you know you want to. Give me an excuse."

It laughed, before stopping at Cinon's voice, "If he must. Just as long as he doesn't pull me into your little world. You'll know what will happen already."

It had to feel a little sorry for the other two (three?), but they weren't really doing much to begin with. Then again, the Warden didn't see what went on in their dream world. For all it knew they came up with the entire plan.

"You have to try to talk to me first, with the telepathy thing, if you can." Cinon said, a little worried of the Warden's response.

"I thought he was the one to establish the connection? As much as I hate to say it, I lack that capability."

"Oh, no, he can't do that stuff yet. He can talk to me though, so I'll just say what he says like normal."

"I suppose we are doing this again. Do not screw this up."

Cinon nodded to himself, though nobody could see it.

"Tell the Warden that all of us are deeply sorry for the infraction of the rules we have caused, and for violating the spirit of the challenge. The colours that make up Ethan are obviously under a great deal of stress and simply took a minor misunderstanding too far. We request that you, in your great wisdom, can go beyond petty matters and find a fair punishment that would reflect the offence, and would allow the entire group to continue on our trial here."

"Cedric says that we are all really sorry for breakin' your rules and the spirit of the challenge. He says that the Ethans look like they are under stress and took a little mistake too far, and he wants you to make a decision... in your great wisdom... beyond the little matters for a fair punishment for everyone so we can still go work together."

Is that good?

"We'll see."

Last edited:
The Warden paused, tossing a figurine up and down in the air. Maybe it was too rash. Still, Ethan's death threats were unacceptable. With one final toss of the figurine it threw it right at the scale, knocking the two of the three cursed figurines off. The mosquitoes and miasma. The Sta'Fai remained.

"Fine. To punish everyone would be unfair, and perhaps I was unclear on some of the rules. However, this is the second death threat I have received, and I do not take kindly to that." it began to toss figurines up and down again, "Remember that I hold the keys to the final challenge, and right now..." it threw the figurines up into endless ceiling, "I'm really not keen on letting you pass."

"You only have one cursed figurine now, but at this rate, you're only prolonging your pain."

"Good job Cinon. One thing, and do this exactly as I say. Bow and say 'Thank you, fair Warden."

Cinon did as he was told, turning visible and bowing his head. "Thank you, fair Warden."

Gabby opened her eyes as Grey's presence and voice faded from her mind. She found herself kneeling on the floor looking down at something white and sparkling. Like a mirrored crystal but not quite. It was some ethereal white stained glass. She gazed at it for a moment, remembering Grey's words: "Touch that for a clearer future. Use it when needed, it fades quickly from existence and thought. Tell them I said hi. White understands all but color."

It looked beautiful, but so very fragile. She knew Grey had meant for her to protect it, even if she didn't fully understand what the gift was. She pulled a linen rag from her pocket and used it to scoop up the glass, carefully wrapping it up. The glowing object was warm in her palms, almost hot. Slipping the glass in her flight suit pocket gently, she felt she'd missed something during her conversation with Grey. Glancing around, she noticed the Warden seething in the corner, there was an unfamiliar figurine on the scale, Cinon was in the corner, and that something had made 3 of them, but particularly Blue, upset.

Whatever had happened was over apparently and it took a moment before she realized the Four were standing in front of her staring expectantly. Gabby looked up at them and memory of their weaknesses flashed. Green walking away...Orange tinkering...Pink enjoying flowers...Blue...holding her hand...

What was she supposed to say? Blue didn't even remember becoming Grey in Father Moon. Did any of them remember him at all? And was it wise to tell them of the ominous future she'd seen? She was dead, but somehow a little blush caused by their gaze crept to her face as she stood slowly.

Gabby looked at them all and her eyes met Blue's. She'd spent the most time with Blue. "Grey wanted me to say 'Hi' for him," she said finally with a timid smile.

Last edited:
She stared at the Four of them trying to understand what she was seeing. Vestiges of Grey seemed to be seeping into all of them, except for Blue who had given up his color completely.
Pink lost her aura of kindness and strange ethereal chains seemed to wrap around her rib cage. Orange twitched, his head wrapped in the same bonds. Blue's heart, now grey, was wrapped so tightly in the links they cut deep and a coldness had crept over him. Green glared at himself and then gave her a pleading look as if he were desperate to escape the chains wrapped around his wrists. What were these? They seemed to be linked to their weaknesses, but this was Grey. Was this where Grey resided in all of them?

Her hand crept to her mouth, covering her fear. Fear. That was an emotion she hadn't felt in a long time either and it made her slightly queasy. What had she done? What had Grey done?
She glanced to Green and his pleading look, "What's wrong, Green?" Then to Pink, "Pink? Are you alright?..... Orange can you hear me?"
Reaching out to Blue's folded arm she laid a hand on his shoulder. "Blue?"

The gouls faded from each of them slowly as she shook them out.
" My hands..they... They free now," Green whispered.
Pink was harder. "Alright?" Her fists clenched. "You can go… with all your."
Blue was also difficult. He snorted and rolled his eyes but did not shrug off his shoulder.
Orange simply looked at her and then nodded thanks and returned to his blueprints and whites gun.
Gabby looked to them all in concern, her hand still on Blue's shoulder. "Are you all alright?"

A snapping noise echoed and Pink and Blue other two come out of their trances, maniacal laughter followed as the silvery words kayos appeared coming from everywhere. Chills ran up Gabby's spine as they faded and the spark in her pocket shook a little, as though scared of the words.
"What yeah I'm fine. Why something wrong?" Blue replied, his words, quick and awkward.

She gave him a puzzled look and moved her hand away from his shoulder. "You don't remember?"

"He does," Green replied accurately.

Gabby stepped back from them, feeling the warm mirror in her suit pocket. She could only guess that they had felt something, but had not seen everything that she had seen. They had not seen the chains, or the loss of color, or the haunting letters...but they knew something was wrong and didn't want to tell her. "You...don't have to tell me but...I saw some strange things too. Things I don't understand either. I want to help."

Last edited:
That was more like it. Cinon's bow, although a small gesture compared to the whole situation, still appeased the Warden. As for Pink's question, it completely ignored her, instead heading for the far end of the room and examining a few figurines lined up on the wall.

It really wasn't sure what was happening with the group at the moment. To the Warden, everyone seemed to be having an emotional meltdown. It was pretty sure that whatever it was about, it had nothing to do with the current situation. That was fine by it, the Warden had other plans to attend to. It was given the threat that once their journey was over, that they'd come back and wipe the entire place out. A laughable idea, but maybe one it could use to its advantage. The final challenge... it was always tailored made. If they wanted to destroy the place, then why not give them the illusion that they could? Then the trap would be sprung, whatever it was. The Warden wasn't sure about that yet. It still needed the other two worlds to finalize things.

(Shortie to get things rolling)

Cinon and Cedric both were unsure what to make of the show the five had put on, but it seemed to have cleared itself now, and it was of no concern to them anyway.

Cinon shook his head at Green's question (which was somehow a universal sign of no). Cedric was simply waiting and observing, making sure he was ready to "pounce" if any of the Ethans were to decide to cause trouble again.

Gabby answered Green's rapid fire questions. She wanted to question them further about what Grey had done. The images of chains and the shimmering words Kayos flashed in her mind, and an involuntary shudder crept over her. She thought back to her vision of the dark yellow tinted future. Shattered multi-colored glass and a dark ghost of a personality bubbling...

There was something she was supposed to do, but she wasn't quite sure what and the idea concerned her. Grey had tried to show her a way to help, but she didn't understand much of that either. All she knew was that she had to try.
When the craft had failed and began falling out of the sky, she hadn't given up then. Even when the sickening last few seconds of life were crushed out of her.

She hadn't given up then and she wouldn't now. For Ethan, herself, or Cinon and Cedric.
Maybe that's why there had been no moving on for her? She refused to give up.

Despite the worry for the future, she had to hope that she would know what to do when the time came.
For now she would have to wait.
She listened to Green's summary of the plan and understood it well enough. She'd be paired with Blue on an offensive mission. That she could do.

"No I understand," Gabby replied as she eyed the ominous figure on the scale, "But I think we should stay on our guard and remain adaptable. I'm sure we'll have some surprises waiting for us."

Last edited:
The Warden remained silent as the group entered. The landscape was that of a checkerboard. The grass was that of lighter and darker shades, each square being five feet across. The grass was cold and wet. Straight ahead there laid a long dirt road, going almost off the horizon. At the end of the road rose a large mansion, almost an exact copy of that the one at Father Moon. Several ents guarded the house. Along either side of the dirt road were shacks lined up in a row. While built to resist the weather, the shacks still seemed to be neglected in some fashion. Out in front but between the shacks laid a gnarled stump. As if pulled from a Halloween festival, it had a twisted form of a face. Ambient energy swirled within it. Several ents patrolled the road. A few groups here and there banged on the doors, forcing out several humans out with collars on their necks. They were then marched off towards the mountains to the east.

The base of the mountain was the same distance as the house, being just within sight of the horizon. It was a long walk, but the ents seemed to get some enjoyment out of shocking any slaves that fell behind. Circling up the mountain was a rail, carrying several odd devices as they circled from the top down to the base. Two facilities were located on the mountain, one at the top, and one at the bottom. The one at the top seemed to be build resting on the mountain, instead of burrowed within, while the opposite was true for the one at the base. A line of slaves marched into it.

In the sky was a humongous moon, with several ships orbiting it, yet still seemingly within the atmosphere. A large pendulum hung beneath the moon, swinging to either side at intervals of three seconds. With each swing, a sound would ring, but not from the pendulum, but from something in the distance.

Gabby stepped in behind them, eyes wide as she took in the world the Engine had created. It was bright and almost beautiful with its crisp, dewy grass, mountain, and large moon. She would've liked to have explored, but there was a ominous presence to place that set her on edge a little.

A tingling sensation crept over her. Not fear precisely. It was familiar but she was having trouble remembering it... Nervousness? A bit. But also excitement. It had been a long time since she had faced a new challenge. While the nerves were there...so was the thrill of adventure. She'd gotten a taste of it with Blue in Father Moon and now she was experiencing more and more.

A nudge from Green snapped her out of her thoughts as she held out something to her. A long belt? No, a bandoleer. It was loaded with five cylindrical items with guarded buttons on the tops of each. Three of the cylinders at a symbol that looked like snowflake and the remaining two sported a symbol of a bubble...popping?

She assumed that these were some sort of timed- projectile weapons. She slipped the belt over her shoulder as he produced several more items. An assault rifle of sorts with 3 clips of ammo was handed to her and this looked more familiar. They used similar, though less elegant versions, against Wilds monsters. Then a smaller pistol type weapon was produced with an extra set of ammo and holster for that as well. Lastly, he handed her a mountable shield with a slit at the top for defensive firing.
She slipped the assault rifle on her shoulder and before wrapping the pistol holster around her hips and thigh. With a quick look to ensure that both the rifle and pistol were loaded, she stowed the spare mags into the empty bandoleer pockets. "Thanks, Green."

He gave her a simple nod and then turned to prepare the others for the task at hand.

Gabby looked at her companions, feeling a bit small since she was the petite one of the group compared to the Four and Cinon. The spark in her jumpsuit pocket flared a little and the warmth felt encouraging. She knew her task for this world and would use every skill she had to complete it. Ethan would have his home back. Cedric would have a body. And she would be alive again.
With a small smile she stepped next to her assigned teammate Blue, and waited for the signal to begin.

Last edited:
Back