Status
Not open for further replies.
Winn looked over at everyone who was in the room and paused, wondering who would be the best qualified to do this task. It would have to be someone who wasn't easy to anger and someone who could be trusted. He paused, thinking about how Kara and him had done things like this and he quickly realized that sending one person would not do if they were tricked by his words or manipulated to lash out.

" I don't think you should go in alone. I imagine if he is spinning words to make us look bad, he could spin words about you that might make you want to provoke him. Perhaps it would be best if at least two of us went, two calm and rational people who can balance each other," Winn replied, trying to figured out who else could go that didn't know a lot about the going ons and couldn't be provoked.

@Takumi @Yun Lee @Ver @Raptor Jesus @Donder172 @Minerva

"Despite my saying I'm capable, you're right. Someone else should come with me. I need to be sure to keep my calm... Maybe Umi could come with me? She, at least I think, has been here less than everyone else besides me, but That's just a guess." Siege said.

@Yun Lee @Takumi @Lucky @Ver @Raptor Jesus @Donder172 @Minerva

"M-Me?" Woah, what? She hadn't even volunteered to do this, and suddenly her name popped up! But...considering that she felt herself pretty rational, and that Siege was right about her not being here too long, or at the very least not making much of a commotion...

"Well...I could. But if we were to go-which again, I'm not sure we will," (weren't they warned not to do anything foolish?) "If we were to go, we would need to be ready for anything. Someone who writes tabloids like that probably has many tricks up his sleeve."

@Lucky @Siege

"M-Me?" Woah, what? She hadn't even volunteered to do this, and suddenly her name popped up! But...considering that she felt herself pretty rational, and that Siege was right about her not being here too long, or at the very least not making much of a commotion...

"Well...I could. But if we were to go-which again, I'm not sure we will," (weren't they warned not to do anything foolish?) "If we were to go, we would need to be ready for anything. Someone who writes tabloids like that probably has many tricks up his sleeve."

@Lucky @Siege

"Precisely." Siege said. "Which is why you're the best one to come with me. We've both been known to stay calm even in the most tense and angering of situations most of the time, together we should be able to keep our cool and have a civil conversation with this guy." Siege said with confidence.

@Yun Lee @Lucky

Winn looked over at everyone who was in the room and paused, wondering who would be the best qualified to do this task. It would have to be someone who wasn't easy to anger and someone who could be trusted. He paused, thinking about how Kara and him had done things like this and he quickly realized that sending one person would not do if they were tricked by his words or manipulated to lash out.

" I don't think you should go in alone. I imagine if he is spinning words to make us look bad, he could spin words about you that might make you want to provoke him. Perhaps it would be best if at least two of us went, two calm and rational people who can balance each other," Winn replied, trying to figured out who else could go that didn't know a lot about the going ons and couldn't be provoked.

@Takumi @Yun Lee @Ver @Raptor Jesus @Donder172 @Minerva
tumblr_inline_p7k3zawpEj1sv22sw_100.png

“Yo, hey!” Harper said as she snapped her fingers to get everyone’s attention as they were conversing.

tumblr_inline_p7k3zaHrIE1sv22sw_100.png

“We were already talking about heading up there before you guys came in. So like, we can all just go together. As long as no one fucks up and acts like a jackass, we should be fine.” Harper said rather bluntly as she tugged out a pack of cigarettes and placed one in her mouth before lighting it.

@Siege @Lucky @Yun Lee @Ver @Minerva @whoever​

Last edited:
Winn Schott

" Huh- that does make sense seeing as a lot of people in the UN are made about the article as we wouldn't want lies to spread about us. Who was originally going to go here? Actually, what do we know about the man we are going to talk with?" He asked.

@Siege @Yun Lee @Ver @Minerva @Takumi @Raptor Jesus @Donder172
tumblr_inline_p7k3zgIgrP1sv22sw_100.png

“Well, it was just gonna be me, Ginoza, and Camilla at first, and in my opinion that’s enough people to talk to some asshole journalist for spreading ‘Anti-UN Propaganda’, but if you guys wanna come with then be my guest.”

Harper then took a long drag of her cigar and blew out a stream of smoke, though she turned her head to do so, that way no one had to smell the dastardly tobacco.

tumblr_inline_n9fq3krp2u1sypacu.png

“As for what I know about him? Well, not much really. I don’t really have a reason to read the paper, or any news, for that matter.”

@Lucky @Siege @Ver @Yun Lee @Minerva

Last edited:
As Meetra entered, she noticed she came right in the middle of quite a conversation. As she had no idea of the situation, she simply listened to what was said. Yet, as she looked around, she noticed at least one person in somewhat notable clothing. She starts to move closer to the group instead of just standing and watching. "Perhaps it's still a good idea to keep the group to a small number to avoid having them think we're coming as a mob." Meetra said to the group. "I doubt you want them to think you are coming as a threat. It would only strengthen them. Yet to make sure they won't try anything more."

@Takumi @Yun Lee @Ver @Raptor Jesus @Minerva @Lucky @Siege

"Siege and I should be more than enough, though perhaps one additional person could join us-that might be pushing it, though." She couldn't believe she was considering this, but Meetra was right: too many cooks in the kitchen could spoil it all. "As it is, he and I are very under the radar when it comes to being in the UN. Maybe Winn or Meetra could join us, since Toboe was at the meeting?"

@Donder172 @Siege @Lucky @Takumi

"Siege and I should be more than enough, though perhaps one additional person could join us-that might be pushing it, though." She couldn't believe she was considering this, but Meetra was right: too many cooks in the kitchen could spoil it all. "As it is, he and I are very under the radar when it comes to being in the UN. Maybe Winn or Meetra could join us, since Toboe was at the meeting?"

@Donder172 @Siege @Lucky @Takumi

"Umi makes an excellent point." Siege said.

@Donder172 @Takumi @Yun Lee @Lucky

"H-Hold on a minute! Like I said, we need to plan this all out. We need to know what we're going to say, and how we're going to say it. Winging this will only make this worse for everyone in the UN, not just us."

@Siege @Donder172

"Perhaps I can, but it depends on how many currently are going." Meetra answered.

“Well, I’m going too. I already got my big girl clothes on.” Harper replied.
"Well then, shall we proceed?" Siege asked.
"So we go with four people. That might just be acceptable, though, in the end, that's not for me to decide." Meetra noted.

"H-Hold on a minute! Like I said, we need to plan this all out. We need to know what we're going to say, and how we're going to say it. Winging this will only make this worse for everyone in the UN, not just us."
"Got a point there. If we go in without a plan, we can just as well not go at all with better results."

pp34_zps264256b0.png

"..."

As the people packed together around Ginoza's desk bantered back and forth, introducing themselves to one another before recalling the events of the infamous Coalition Civil War and bringing back to mind the tabloid news pieces that Elliot Carver had been spreading all around in his Tomorrow franchise. It seemed, as both Akane and Ginoza could gather from each other's cursory glances, that both of them happened to have the same thing on their minds at that moment.

As everyone continued talking, Akane only uncomfortably looked at Ginoza, personally finding the idea of approaching Carver to be a little counter-productive, but in her heart, she couldn't deny that clearing the air was a desirable outcome. Still, there were points she agreed for and against the notion, including Umi's worries that if they all came together, they would come off as some sort of mad mob.

Once everyone seemed to cool their tracks after a while, Akane felt now was the time to speak up, though for better or for worse, Ginoza felt the same at that moment as well.

"Approaching Mr. Carver like this... I mean, it isn't like he's--"

"Doing anything illegal? Perhaps not, but think of it like we're approaching him as... concerned citizens, rather than representatives of the UN," Ginoza interrupted, crossing his arms, "Besides, if he decides to see it all as business, then so shall we. Nothing personal. Objectively, bad press is good for him, but not for us. A desirable outcome would be for that to stop happening, logically."

"Ginoza..."

tumblr_inline_nyyr9oe_WKt1r3leyb_100.png

"I didn't intend for you to know about it, but if you don't intend on clearing the nature of your character, even in the face of Carver's slander, then I'll do it for you, Tsunemori," Ginoza said resolutely, standing up and putting on his leather jacket, "Besides, the warehouse where he prints his papers isn't so far. That said, how's this for a plan; half of us go inside and have a word with Mr. Carver, and the other half can... snoop around the site."

"Snoop around? For what?"

"Anything that would... convince him to think twice about his current plan."

Akane's eyes widened. "You mean... blackmail material?! That's not...!"

"If he has nothing of his own to hide, then there shouldn't be any problem. And besides, Tsunemori, we were once detectives. Or rather, that is to say, once a detective, always a detective. It was always in our nature to dig through to the truth. Preserving our own, while uncovering it for others," Ginoza said, before turning his gaze to everyone else around, his eyes narrowed into an almost deliberately intimidating expression.

"Any objections?"

@Raptor Jesus @Donder172 @Yun Lee @Minerva @Lucky @Siege @Takumi

pp34_zps264256b0.png

"..."

As the people packed together around Ginoza's desk bantered back and forth, introducing themselves to one another before recalling the events of the infamous Coalition Civil War and bringing back to mind the tabloid news pieces that Elliot Carver had been spreading all around in his Tomorrow franchise. It seemed, as both Akane and Ginoza could gather from each other's cursory glances, that both of them happened to have the same thing on their minds at that moment.

As everyone continued talking, Akane only uncomfortably looked at Ginoza, personally finding the idea of approaching Carver to be a little counter-productive, but in her heart, she couldn't deny that clearing the air was a desirable outcome. Still, there were points she agreed for and against the notion, including Umi's worries that if they all came together, they would come off as some sort of mad mob.

Once everyone seemed to cool their tracks after a while, Akane felt now was the time to speak up, though for better or for worse, Ginoza felt the same at that moment as well.

"Approaching Mr. Carver like this... I mean, it isn't like he's--"

"Doing anything illegal? Perhaps not, but think of it like we're approaching him as... concerned citizens, rather than representatives of the UN," Ginoza interrupted, crossing his arms, "Besides, if he decides to see it all as business, then so shall we. Nothing personal. Objectively, bad press is good for him, but not for us. A desirable outcome would be for that to stop happening, logically."

"Ginoza..."

tumblr_inline_nyyr9oe_WKt1r3leyb_100.png

"I didn't intend for you to know about it, but if you don't intend on clearing the nature of your character, even in the face of Carver's slander, then I'll do it for you, Tsunemori," Ginoza said resolutely, standing up and putting on his leather jacket, "Besides, the warehouse where he prints his papers isn't so far. That said, how's this for a plan; half of us go inside and have a word with Mr. Carver, and the other half can... snoop around the site."

"Snoop around? For what?"

"Anything that would... convince him to think twice about his current plan."

Akane's eyes widened. "You mean... blackmail material?! That's not...!"

"If he has nothing of his own to hide, then there shouldn't be any problem. And besides, Tsunemori, we were once detectives. Or rather, that is to say, once a detective, always a detective. It was always in our nature to dig through to the truth. Preserving our own, while uncovering it for others," Ginoza said, before turning his gaze to everyone else around, his eyes narrowed into an almost deliberately intimidating expression.

"Any objections?"

@Raptor Jesus @Donder172 @Yun Lee @Minerva @Lucky @Siege @Takumi
tumblr_inline_p7k3zfZjqM1sv22sw_100.png

“So we’re gonna do some Sherlock Holmes type shit?” Harper asked before leaning back, folding her arms, and smirking.

tumblr_inline_p7k3zeHeNH1sv22sw_100.png

“Pssh... well count me the fuck in. And I’ll help snoop around the place. As someone who used to be partners with the quote-on-quote ‘World’s Greatest Detective’, I think that this suits me pretty well.”

tumblr_inline_p7k3zawpEj1sv22sw_100.png

Harper would pause for a moment as her smirk diminished into a more neutral expression, the punk meeting eyes with Ginoza for a brief moment as she posed a question.

“So are there any cameras or anything there that could catch us and our snooping? ‘Cause if there are, I could disable it when we get there, and with the equipment we’ve got, it probably shouldn’t even take a minute.”

@Ver @Lucky @Siege @Donder172 @Minerva @Takumi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back