Trolling Around (Zul'Zae'Ju'Jin and Silence)

She was full of herself. That was one thing that Aiden hated about most of the famous folk. They had to brag about their trade. He tended to leave things as matter of fact. Even if he was the best troll hunter and slightly legendary he didn't have to tell folk about it. His own name spoke for itself though he rarely used his full name when he went places. Wasn't safe to get a name for yourself and then tout it. That was unless you were looking for trouble.

Almost snorting he gazed at her again. "Your job." Wincing a little he shifted on the bed again when she sat down on the bed. It was frustrating to have the woman insist on being so close. Especially when he didn't feel like having any company. Pushing himself up in the bed he was prepared to kick her off the edge with his one good leg, but she mentioned something about his chances if Xen'tu didn't make it. "What are you talking about? If that troll dies then he dies and that's the end of it." Perhaps it was and perhaps not, but Aiden didn't figure there was a whole lot that he could do. Xen'tu had been making trouble and killing a lot of folk without good reason, then he set a trap and Aiden hadn't any choice, but to fight.

The woman started to get snarky too. She was going on about the world needing him and her reasons for being here. "The world." Snorting again he made it look like he was shifting on the bed and then he gave her hip a good hard kick. "Get off."

Tibbie peered at him for a moment and then grinned, "Well... duh."

She smiled before she took a hair band from her wrist and loosely tied back as he fidgeted. She could guess why for. Too many people had proximity problems and she could respect that. This one was an exception. It was her way of testing him and gathering information for herself. She could never fully take Zae'ju at his word. The troll had a tendency to exaggerate things or didn't give too much away when it suited him. On Aiden, she had received precious little about him from their troll acquaintance but she knew the home particulars already. She looked at him and snickered.

"Sure of yourself. Interesting," she replied absently before she shook her head, "When Zae'ju learns whose knife went into his brother's gut, then he will be forced by troll custom to honour his brother's death. He might like you as a friend, Silver but don't fool yourself into thinking he won't kill you. I don't doubt Zae'ju will hate the act of killing you. He likes humans too much. However, he is a troll and honours that," she said without preamble.

She saw the kick coming and stood just before his foot reached her, "Easy pumpkin, not sure your wife would approve of her gent striking a 'woman' now would she? Behave, because for some reason or other, fate has decided that you and goody two-feet you want to skewer and his brother may have to work together to solve a nasty riddle. Boy, am I glad I'm being paid for this... Light, the shit I have to do... Don't look at me like that, mister,"

Being assessed by a woman while he was in a bed and almost useless was entirely frustrating. As for the honor problem, Aiden didn't know if Zae'ju would kill him or simply cut ties and no longer consider them friends. Life for a life if they went back to the time that he saved Zae'ju. Still it wasn't a real comforting fact. Laying back in the bed again he tried to get more comfortable after he'd made his attempt to kick her off the bed.

"Pumpkin!" Despite the deep breath required so he could yell it was worth it. Aiden forced himself to sit up. "You're hardly a woman." He was almost incensed by her constant prodding and the fact that she was trying to get so close all the time. The scowl on his face deepened as she continued to speak. "Getting paid for what?" Regardless of her order he didn't stop scowling at her. First of all she got between him and his enemy then she saved the enemy and had no intentions of letting him finish his job and she was threatening his life in a round about way by telling him that Zae'ju would be bound to do it.

Aiden squirmed to get himself close to the edge of the bed. "I've about had enough of this." Gritting his teeth he leaned over to grab his other boot. Even pulling on his made his chest start to bleed a little more and he stopped briefly to put a hand over his chest again. Grumbling under his breath he shoved his foot into the boot and gingerly rolled it over his leg. "I don't have any reason to stay here. Going home." Weaving toward the door he stopped part way and realized he still had the rest of his brandy on the night stand. Stumbling dangerously toward the bed again he flopped onto it with a groan and then pulled himself to the other side so he could reach the brandy. Gulping the last of it down, Aiden began to push himself off the bed again.

She smiled as he reacted to her words, "Charmer," she replied before she eventually rose from the bed and stood by the foot of it, shifting her weight to one side as she watched him. "I could even the scales by questioning your manhood, but beggars can't be choosers," she rolled her eyes then and shook her head. This was getting a little too out of hand, he was just as easy to provoke as Xen'tu was to rile up. The scowl was a little amusing and she could see the confusion behind it. She sniffed, "Hiring your pathetic hide, sadly enough," she replied wryly before peering at her nails.

She looked up and Tibbie snorted with amusement as he moved off the bed with clear effort. She didn't move yet was gauging exactly when to do so. she said nothing in return to him leaving, she doubted he could make the stairs let alone much further out into the hallway in his state. She barely glanced towards the door when a roar filled with pain sounded from nearby. She peered back at Aiden and smirked before she moved with all the speed and grace of a cat, as she held the back of his neck and twisted an arm behind his back.

"I suggest you listen because I am not going to repeat myself again, Silver. I can't give a damn what you think. You're just a man. Xen'tu is just a troll, as is Zae'ju. All dead men in the world's eye. However, seems someone out there thinks a great deal out of you both. You both know that someone. You've met him. Khadgar, does that ring a bell? It should. You spent long enough trying to find him all those years ago and you two pissed off a lot of folks in the doing. There's a new, well I say new... It's an old threat returning to rear its ugly head and for some reason, the mage thinks you two can solve it. I'm just following orders here. Given this has the sanction of his majesty himself, so should you, 'pumpkin'," she said the last of it into his ear.

"Now you can do one of two things. You can get back into bed and rest, accept the missive I carry or you can fall down the stairs on your arse and bring shame to your wife and child for insulting me and your king," her hold released and she crossed her arms as she watched him, two long daggers sat rested on her hip.

"So what'll it be? The bed or the stairs?"

Aiden barely got himself to the edge of the bed and then he felt the odd sensation of something pulling just as he realized that the bandages had stuck to his chest and they tore loose from it. Crying out loudly he stopped in the middle of scooting off the bed and then the woman pinned him in place twisting his arm behind his back. She was infernal. He hated her at this moment more than anything. Even while he was trying to turn onto his back she still held tightly. That woman had no idea how bad his chest hurt right now. His weight on it was bad enough. Her's added was almost like caving in a mine. Tibbie didn't even look like a woman. She was far too bulky in Aiden's opinion.

At the last word she whispered 'pumpkin' into his ear and he turned red with fury. Groaning he listened to her go on and on. It felt like forever, but it was only because he wanted her to be off so badly. When she finally released him, Aiden rolled to his back and he clutched his chest. "Ugh...Damn you." However she found out about his family he wasn't sure, but it made Aiden feel a little nervous. Nobody was supposed to know about them.

Squiggling back onto the bed he winced and then glanced at the empty pint. "Well if I'm going to be here you might as well make yourself useful. Need to get drunk." Holding the mug out to her he had half a feeling she wouldn't do it. Not like he'd even given her reason to treat him decently, but she did start this out fairly bad. Shooting a man in the middle of a hunt was the height of rudeness. "What would Khadgar want me to do anyway? I'm a troll hunter not a mage." Aiden had a feeling it was something big and ugly. He hated these kinds of jobs. Khadgar had done him a favor once and while it was a good thing for everyone it had no turned into Aiden gaining a new reputation and one that he didn't savor right now.

Even the king ordered this be done. Aiden cringed as he moved his hand off his chest and he plucked at the bandages to peer under the edge. It burned like somebody stuck a torch to him.

Her eyes watched him with a bored ease as she watched him decide what to do. Tibbie wasn't here to make friends nor did she care to. The only friend she cared to know here was that of Zae'ju and even then it was a friend with one sole benefit. Inside information. Yes it was often sketchy and the troll's punctuation was horrific but between the shit he wrote, she could pick out the details she was after. She had hurt him but if that helped to get his butt into the right gear, so be it. She shrugged at him, "Not like you chose to listen to me before, it was fair warning."

Her eyes shifted to the glass and she shook her head, "In a minute, though who drinks a pint of brandy. You're supposed to sip it, not chuck it down your throat," she said in disapproval but she did come closer to lift the glass from where it stood. She peered down at him and smirked before she gave him a folded piece of parchment sealed with the royal sigil, "You'll have to ask him but in short? Old gods. Gods know why he thinks you're the man for the task, I don't know. I'm just the messenger, don't shoot me." She grinned, she couldn;t help herself. She moved towards the doorway and then paused to look at him.

"Either way, Silver. You're stuck with the brothers if Xen'tu lives. His name was mentioned too... Can't think why," she smiled before she waved the pint glass at him and left him to his bed. She returned after some time half expecting to find the bed empty. The pained roar from earlier sounded again. "Troll healing or none, knife to the gut is such a horrid thing to put back together," she commented as if such a wound was nothing. "That is the royal seal so you know I didn't make it up, the king's sanction. I think oddly enough apart from Thrall, Vol'jin was the only other Warchief of the Horde his Majesty could see eye to eye with, funny that." she smiled.

"That missive,for I received a copy, entails the order to meet at Astranaar in a month's time. Your faces have been sketched so the Kal'dorei will not to kill Zae'ju or his brother on sight. Khadgar will be there with others I guess. Oh, and he says you are not to kill Xen'tu till at least your mission is complete. Either way, loyal son of Stormwind, you have your orders," she smiled at him as she held out his drink to him.

The woman had to comment on the brandy and Aiden rolled his eyes. "I do." He wasn't going to give up on getting it either. Right now the brandy was the only thing he had for comfort and to dull the constant throbbing of the injuries. Aiden was supposed to be going on home, not taking up another crazy mission of sorts. Taking the letter from Tibbie Aiden's eyes got a little wider and he almost choked. Old gods? How in the world did they think he was the one to do this?

As if the woman thought that he needed some sort of reminder of who his companions were she started to talk about Zae'ju and then mentioned Xen'tu as well. "Ugh." Growling and grumbling he turned the letter over in his hands a few times and waited for her to take the pint so he could have more brandy. At long last the woman did something useful and she took it downstairs to get more. While she was gone he set the letter aside and grimaced as he tried to get comfortable. It was a good thing that she took a while to get it. Aiden almost teared up once or twice having to move around like he did. Even with the brandy he could still feel every inch of that cut on his chest.

A roar from nearby sounded an Aiden smirked. He had a feeling he knew who it was. That was just enough to make his day feel a little better. If that troll didn't die he really wanted it to suffer. Zae'ju's brother or not, that troll was going to get a taste of his own medicine. He liked to make people suffer and now he was suffering in turn. It was only fair. In a way Aiden had wished that he would have been able to string the troll's guts through the forest. Would have been satisfying and he wouldn't have had the king's message by then. There would have been more than enough excuse for Xen'tu to be gone. The woman stepped into the room again and he beamed at her when she handed him the mug.

While she told him all about it he grinned even wider. "Oh I think I can do it." Only a few seconds more and the roar sounded again. The grin on Aiden's face got even bigger. "Like music to my ears and now I've got brandy too." Taking a large gulp he swallowed it and smirked at the woman before he began sip at it in the way that he assumed she would have thought more appropriate. Trolls often scolded humans for their cursing and complaining about injuries. When it healed slowly it was painful and Xen'tu was either dying or suffering. Either way it made Aiden happy.

Tibbie couldn't wait to return to the city and actually do work that was more then just being a messenger. Her connection to Zae'ju and knowing where he was likely to be at any given time was the sole reason she had been chosen for this mission. She raised a brow at him and his sudden chipper mood. she sighed and shook her head, "Men, of all things," she muttered, a single life without being tied down had its benefits. She watched him gulp and then sip and smirked. She checked the time before she moved and took a light sheet from a storage cupboard. She flicked it out before covering him with it. "Moody as an ass one minute and as chipper as a squirrel the next, you're a strange breed," she told him as she finished.

"Rest up Silver, you're going to need your strength in days to come. I have to go... Zae'ju will be along shortly, I imagine. It's been fun, hauling your ass and all, sport. Toodles," she gave him a mock salute as she left as suddenly as she had made her appearance. Her footfalls carried on, paused and then could be heard trotting down the stairs before they could be heard no longer. A little while her imagination came to pass and Zae'ju slipped into the room. He didn't say a word but he looked tired as he slumped onto a chair. He sported a nasty looking bruise on one hand with which he used to scratch his jawline back to a tapered ear.

After a moment he looked up beneath his brow and studied Aiden before he finally deigned to speak, "Guess, neitha o' ya cud wait two minutes, huh?"

The woman was trying to get under his skin and for the moment Aiden wasn't going to let her. He didn't even protest when she covered him with the sheet. "Hmm...Might be the fact I found a few things to be happy about. Got brandy and a troll next door. Not a prisoner. Just get to lay here and listen to the troll die or scream till he heals up." Chuckling a little he gulped at the brandy again and adjusted the sheet a little. "You don't even know how to put a sheet on a man." Tucking the sheet under his arms he figured it would be warm enough for the time.

It seemed the woman was going to tell him to rest up and he rolled his eyes. "Hah!" Aiden almost mocked as she made her way for the door. "That just makes my day better. I've got more to smile at. You look better from behind anyway." Drunkenly slurring the words he started to laugh loudly as she left the room. Sipping at the brandy a while longer he finally started to feel better.

Aiden could feel the gentle tingle and buzz start at his feet and it began to move up his body. It was just enough to dull the pain in his chest, leg, side, and shoulder. A while later Zae'ju stopped in and it was probably best that it was now. The brandy was still strong enough in his blood that he was semi comfortable and he hadn't fallen asleep yet. Seemed a long time before the troll spoke and when he did all the guilt began to roll in giant clouds over Aiden. He had been afraid that this would happen. When it was your friend it was hard not to feel guilty. Though the worst of it was that Aiden knew as soon as he saw Xen'tu if the other troll was still alive he probably wouldn't feel quite as guilty as he did now. "You're brother started it. Killed a man on the road with your arrow and left a note saying he was going for the boy next. I don't know if there was a boy, but I had to stop him. Didn't even know it was your brother till he attacked me."

Frowning some Aiden noticed the bruise on his cheek. Then he remembered that was a present from Xen'tu's elbow. "Your brother gonna live?" Taking a deep breath Aiden winced and he pulled the sheet a little higher so it would cover his chest better. "How you doing then?"

She paused and looked back at him with a lifted brow, "Nice to know what amuses you, pumpkin. And I daresay. It's been a while since there's been a man in my life worth tucking in at night," she replied before she took one of her daggers to hand and flipped it catching it neatly by the hilt, "That doesn't include you." She paused a moment before she looked at him and chuckled, "You should learn to keep your trap shut. Who do you think helped to remove your clothes well enough for the doc to see your wounds, huh?" and shook her head before she continued on her way.

Zae'ju was not angry at Aiden or his brother. It was expected behaviour from them both. He was just frustrated that they could not wait more than a day before being at each other's throat. It really was such a dumb thing to do on Xen'tu's part. Both of them had fought life and limb and it would have been for nothing. He frowned and lifted his head more, his tone disbelieving, "A note? 'e wrote you a note?" What else had his brother been keeping from him? He flexed his bruised hand with a snarl. He didn't need this, not now, not when he was being called to duty. With his brother in tow. It was a very bad idea on Khadgar's part and Zae'ju planned to get his brother removed from the wish list.

He sighed and shook his head, "ai be knowin' 'e wud nut stick to da peace ya tried wit 'im. Ya knew dat too," he muttered, his voice tired and exasperated though clearly more with his brother than with the man he sat next to. "Ai asked a Sin'dorei ta go fin' da body. 'e brought et back. Et wus claimed an' dere was no child. J'st a merchant who got in Xen's way. Da bodeh wus dead before today,"

He slouched further into the chair, only his feet kept him seated as he looked away and then back at him, "J'st 'bout, ya verreh nearly did 'im in. Ai glad ya nut killed 'im, ai wud not enjoy killin' ya, ya know dat," he looked apologetic about it, more than Xen'tu would have been in his place.

Sometimes Zae'ju was a complete imbecile. The troll had to go on about having to kill Aiden if he had happened to kill Xen'tu. Being drunk left Aiden with far less filter than usual and he drew his legs up a bit closer to himself to relax his side. "That's part of what I don't understand about trolls. If I had a brother that a friend of mine killed, I'd be mad, but if I knew him to be trouble it would be his own damn fault. If my brother was innocent I'd kill the bastard no matter who it was. Defending a troublesome brother is gonna get you killed. You're an idiot sometimes."

Another loud groan came from the other side of the wall and Aiden couldn't help himself. Chuckling a little he did his best not to draw attention to himself. It made his side hurt, but it was worth the pain. "He speaks common to. You're brother's a liar too and we have to work with him." Growling the last sentence Aiden rested his skull on the headboard. "Just so you know. Even if you decided to kill me I'd make sure you had to work at it." Bursting into another round of laughter he reached over to the stand and grabbed the pint of brandy. Tipping the cup to one side and then to the next he watched what was in the bottom of the mug slosh from one side to the other. "I'm almost out." Aiden's voice seemed to hold some kind of disappointment and he took a sip.

Glancing over at Zae'ju he frowned a little and then handed the brandy cup to him. "You look like you need some. If you don't...would you mind?" Even holding his hand out he couldn't keep it straight. Aiden was pretty well drunk at this point and he was starting to feel good. "Might get some of that poison you trolls like so much. Give some to your brother. Could help dull the pain. Eh?"

He rubbed his face before he flexed his hand again and looked at the other with a wrinkle of his nose. The smell of the brandy was sickening. He snorted and shook his head, "Be glad yer nut troll den. More customs den ai can pin arrows wit'," he sniffed idly. He couldn't deny what the man was saying, his brother was a time bomb waiting to go off and likely catch everyone with him. However, he was blood kind and that could not be ignored. Zae'ju followed his people's customs and thus opted for staying as far away as he could from his younger sibling as he could. "Idiot," he echoed and then shrugged, "Ai guess so."

Zae'ju frowned and sighed heavily before he ran a hand tiredly through his mowhawk. It had seen too much disturbance and the gel that usually held it up was starting to fail, the hair flopping to one side helped further by his hand. "Dat figures," he growled, trust his brother to nut care for anything or anyone. He was making it too easy for him to be disowned and yet disowning was not known amongst troll circles. "Ai dun be knowin' whut ta be doin' wit' 'im on da road... 'e wud onleh try ta kill ya again. Ya king's word mean shit ta 'im and our Warchief's word? Dead lady equally gonna be ignored. No Essa ta bite 'is ass again eitha,"

He watched the other a moment before he nodded, "Ai expect not'ing less from cha," and blinked as the other laughed. He supposed his brother's pains had something to do with that and for now he didn't care. Xen'tu deserved his pain. He frowned when the mug was handed to him. He snorted and nodded, slowly rising to his feet before peering down at Aiden. "No, 'e be deservin' da pain ya gave 'im, mon. Mine too," he replied before he left the room. He returned later with a keg resting on a shoulder with two mugs and a bottle hung from a cord about his thin waist. He settled the keg on the windowsill which was wide enough to support it. He stopped it from rolling with the doorstop. He poured another drunk for Aiden and gave it to him before he sat down again.

When the troll returned with an entire keg Aiden's eyes got wide. He wasn't going to be drinking that much in one day, but he was going to be drinking quite a bit for the next few days. Drinking and sleeping was perhaps the only thing that he wanted to do right now. One thing that Zae'ju had said stuck in his mind pretty well. "Bruise on your hand from dealing out a few punches to your brother?" It took a moment longer for the answer and Aiden nodded. "Hmm...Drink up. We need it."

After he had another pint Aiden was completely wore out and the pain had turned into a blur in the back of his mind. Burping he let out a long breath afterword and he noticed Zae'ju's facial expression. A weak sounding chuckle sounded from Aiden as he turned in the bed slightly. The alcohol had begun to work and he was next to being lulled to sleep. Pulling the sheet up a little further he closed his eyes. "She doesn't know how to put a sheet on a man..." With a few more mumblings Aiden nestled in the bed and he quickly fell asleep.

A few hours after the alcohol wore off he began to get restless in his sleep and then he woke with the blinding headache and the wounds were aching all over again. Groaning a little he rolled over in his bed. Aiden sipped at the brandy much more sparingly now. He just wanted enough to get the headache to subside. Once he was settled he glanced over at the chair in the room. Zae'ju looked like he'd had enough to drink too. "Musta been a rough night for you. Your brother trying to get himself killed and all that." For now Aiden was pretty sure that Zae'ju wasn't aware of the extent of injuries that he had suffered and that was probably for the best. The poor troll was far too soft hearted to have been born to his kind.

He got comfortable, or as comfortable as he could on the small seat whilst clad in his kilt. He paused and flexed the hand in question before he slowly nodded, "Xen... wus gettin' violent. 'ad ta put 'im in 'is place. 'e nut exactleh pleased 'e be tied up," he sniffed and shrugged. He didn't really want to talk more about his sibling that seemed to do everything other than what he wanted or wished but he doubted that would end anytime soon, especially with the request of Xen'tu on the mission. That had knocked Zae'ju for six. he couldn't think why or how Khadgar could want a troll actively known to kill members of the Alliance. He removed the bottle from the cord and uncorked it. He placed the cork on the bed within easy reach before he took a long swig. Least the stench of the frog's venom he drank outmatched the brandy.

It wasn't long before the alcohol was getting to his friend and he smirked as he watched the other slowly lose himself to sleep. The man burped and Zae'ju's ears flinched before the rest of him followed through. Aiden seemed to be amused by his reaction. He took another swig and got comfortable. He blinked when he spoke of females and bed sheets. Zae'ju tilted his head with confusion as the other fell asleep. He pondered at who his friend was talking about before he realised it could be only Tibbs. HE snorted and giggled loudly, genuinely amused.

He rested whilst the other slept left alone with his thoughts in the room. His brother alone was a headache and a diplomatic disaster waiting to happen. How the hell was he going to stop him from slicing Aiden from ear to ear in the night? A few ways came to mind but at least for the first few weeks, both individuals would be worn out from wounds and tiredness. He dozed on and off before movement caused him to return to full consciousness. Alcohol affected trolls far slower and it took larger amounts before they could plaster themselves. He had drunk enough to get himself hazy but not much more than that.

"Ai had planned ta go back home. Back ta da newborn," he replied with a sigh, he was worried something would happen to him even though he knew his kid was perfectly safe. "Mebbe 'e j'st wants ta die..." he shrugged, he really hoped that wasn't the case. A man who felt they had nothing to lose and wanted an end were the most dangerous of sorts. Going against a renowned troll hunter was one way to do that. Still, he didn't peg Xen'tu for being suicidal like that. Suicidal in his rage, perhaps but there was a point where all trolls could reach that stage.

Aiden shifted in the bed without thinking of it. Cringing he gave a small grunt as the effort had proved to be far too much for the time. Glancing down at his chest he saw the bandages were still mostly dry, but there had been some spotting of blood since the night. Grabbing the sheet he pulled it back up and tried to keep it covered. An injured arm was ok to show off and even having an injured leg was alright. Suddenly it all hit and Aiden realized what a mess this was. It wasn't the mission he thought of it was his wife. "Oh lord." She was almost ecstatic when he came back with Zae'ju and he wasn't sick or injured. A few scratches, scrapes and bruises were to be expected. This....It wasn't what she liked to see and chances were it wouldn't heal pretty either.

Already he could hear her clacking her tongue and fussing over him even if it was already healed. Usually that was followed with a good scolding and then her asking him to quite the business. Unfortunately once you started in the business it wasn't quite as likely that you would get out of it. Taking a deep breath he looked at Zae'ju again. "Aye, I was on my way home too. Told her I wouldn't be long this time."

Forcing himself to sit up a little more he sipped at the brandy again. "How's your troll woman feel about injuries?" Aiden was starting to wonder if his wife was the only one that got upset about them. "Not that I plan on you getting hurt, just wondering is all."

Zae'ju watched Aiden for a moment and then winced, his brother must really have done a number on the man. It was easier hunting trolls that fought with ranged than it was with those that took to mele combat. Xen'tu was known to be up close and personal. Starting a mission injured was not the best position to be in. He reached up and scratched against his scalp, feeling how loose his hair was right now. He frowned before he leaned back into the seat. He was going to let Aiden rest this day and the next as well. loa knew it would take that long for Xen'tu to calm down enough for Zae'ju to bait him into coming with them. He tilted his head when he heard the other exclaim with a tone he didn't like.

"Huh?" he prodded, curious to know what was the issue this time. Though he could bet the man had a lovely headache. He let the men talk in his own time quite used to him now even after the time theyu had not seen other. He nodded absently, he guessed that wouldn't be happening now. He then snorted to himself. He had left his weapons and armour back home and would need to fetch them before coming back. It wasn't as if he had expected to have come to Ratchet and be requested by both a King's and a Warchief's seal.

He chuckled and grinned, "She worreh too, but she be no motha 'en 'bout et. Et be, 'dun get killed or loa 'elp ya'. Ef she dun t'reaten me, somet'ing's up," he replied broadly and smiled loftily. "She be concerning 'erself wit'da whelp more den she does me," he nodded.

"Ugh." Aiden buried his head in the pillow again. Sad as it sounded he really wanted to be home right now. It would have been better to be home where his wife could worry and fuss over him instead of having her get upset about how he took care of himself when she discovered the wounds later. Besides there was a certain comfort in all her fussing and he didn't usually drink as much when he was home. She would limit him and try to pile on the blankets, rub him down with oils, and then she would usually feed him as much as he could eat and more. The woman was a damn good nurse. He wasn't nearly so good at taking care of himself and so far his diet consisted of alcohol.

Considering the fact that he still needed to heal a little more quickly Aiden decided that he should have food. Over the rest of the day and the next he ate, slept, and drank brandy in between those things. On the third morning he woke earlier than he wanted to. It wasn't because he couldn't sleep, he'd had a good drought of brandy in the middle of the night. Zae'ju had come in to wake him up and apparently the troll thought it was a good time to get up and start moving.

With a very slow nod he sat up in the bed and winced. Most of the time he hadn't moved unless he absolutely had to. Seemed they were going to be on the road and Aiden frowned at Zae'ju. "You remember how you felt all busted up and not healing well?" This was probably good time to warn the troll and Aiden wasn't going to let Zae'ju push too hard. "That's how I'm feeling." Moving to the edge of the bed he threw his legs over the end and gingerly got to his feet. Top of his pants he'd left untied because it was far easier on his side not to squeeze it. Now, however, he had to get up and that meant tying his pants and putting his shirt back on. Holding his pants up with one hand he limped over to the chair with his shirt and his boots sitting in front of it. Once he was seated Aiden put his boots on and then he grunted with the effort of getting into the shirt.

By the time he was dressed he could hear another troll voice in the hallway and he cursed under his breath. "Damn troll." There were times that despite his friendship with Zae'ju he couldn't help his irritation with the troll kind. Frowning he got to his feet again and Aiden gently brushed one hand over his chest. "We're not gonna walk very far today. I'm not your prisoner and I still feel pretty lousy."

He almost giggled when Aiden stuffed his face into the pillow but stopped himself in time knowing it would be too cruel to mock the other whilst he was recovering and away from his family. He sniffed and shrugged, "Ai send 'er apologeh lettah, yeah?" he nodded before he stood and stretched to his full height, causing his back to give a satisfying click. As much as he preferred being in Aiden's company over his brother's, he knew he had to show fae and get some other things sorted. Their board and lodges plus damages to put that finer point. His brother was costing him a lot lately. Too much.

Zae'ju made good his promise on giving Aiden time to recoup whilst he spent it trying to persuade Xen'tu. It took plenty of arguments between them in heated words of Zandali that everyone learned to ignore quickly before Zae'ju had to resort to making threats that Xen'tu could not choose to ignore. He felt more and more exhausted by his brother. He was glad Aiden had more sense even if the man was hopelessly stubborn. The stubbornness Zae'ju could put up with. Xen'tu's brashness was something else entirely.

It was very early in the morning when Zae'ju entered Aiden's room and as gently but as firmly as he could tried to wake the man, "Come on, time ya get ya butt in gear. Time ta get goin'," he told him and he moved, opening the curtains as further incentive knowing the sun would get brighter and hotter the longer they dallied about. Xen'tu was getting ready already by now. "Ai remembah, we gotta get a few t'ings from home firs' so da going won't be too bad," he told the other before he briefly left again to ensure Xen't wasn't up to his usual mischief. The Zandali spoke was loud but only by Xen'tu followed by a quieter Zae'ju. The white-haired troll, whose hair was now back to its stiff mohawk, returned and he snorted.

"Quit ya whinging, ai bumped inta dat draenei Theo knows. Seems she decided to move 'ere, dunno why for, Ratchet's a dump. Et's gonna make Xen'tu freak. Doubt ya gonna wanna miss dat now, do ya?" he grinned. He had been very busy whilst both of them were busy getting sleep in. "Come on, mon. Time be wastin'," he grinned gesturing to the door.

"Whining!" Aiden pulled his shirt up so the troll could see the bandaging that stretched from his side all the way up his chest. "Wouldn't call it whining. I've got good reason to tell you I'm not travelling far." A smirk came to his face. "I might manage a trip to the Draenei." Gingerly making his way to the door Aiden had a hard time deciding if he was supposed to be holding his chest or his side when he walked. Both of them hurt and he started to get some muscle spasms on his way down the stairs.

Despite the fact that they were in neutral territory it made Aiden nervous to be around Xen'tu. The troll was giving him some sour looks and Aiden threw his own back at the troll. However, he doubted that he would be safe for long. Even if the troll was still slower moving that wouldn't last forever and Aiden knew trolls healed much faster than humans. As they came to the center of the town the troll hunter stopped at the fountain to wash his face and get a drink. He was already sweating profusely with teh minimal effort of walking and a fountain made a good excuse to stop. The few moments of rest helped and then he resumed walking with Zae'ju and his brother again.

Eventually they reached the Draenei's house and she looked as strange as ever. It was to some degree a little comforting though last time Aiden thought he remembered seeing her was when he had been in the company of Zae'ju. After a long moment he glanced at the other. "You don't have to tie me up to go to your home do you?" Aiden could only hope not. Darkspeares would be more accepting of his presence, but that didn't mean it would be welcome.

Zae'ju looked and nodded before he smirked, "You've yet to see Xen'tu's beautiful visage," he couldn't contain the image in his brain and cackled loudly as he followed Aiden at the man's pace down the stairs. He remained close enough to make sure he could catch the man if he fell down. He was worried he had made the man get up too early but he didn't doubt his mate would help. She was a strong woman, had her opinions but she was accepting of Zae'ju's strange friends and oddities. They made it through the inn and met up with his recalcitrant brother who indeed looked in a right state. His light armour was in a bag in which the troll carried over a shoulder leaving himself dress in only pants and the rest of him was clad in bandages, particularly around his abdomen. He was particularly sour when only one of his swords had been retrieved. Of course, he blamed it on Aiden.

"Quit it," Zae'ju snapped at his brother in common. Now that Xen'tu's game was up in terms of knowing some common, he was forced to nod and glare still. Zae'ju glanced between them as they gave either foul looks that could kill if they were able. It was going to be a very long mission he surmised when they reached the fountain. Xen'tu point blank refused to drink and wash up, clearly Aiden had 'tainted' it. Zae'ju had called him dumb and slapped his head. He was glad when Aiden was able to reach the Draenei's abode and he knocked on the door, pushing his brother aside.

The door opened and she smiled with recognition, "Hello! Glad you could make it!" she beamed and let them inside, giving the bigger troll a wary gaze. Zae'ju pushed his brother inside with a heated word of warning to behave. Zae'ju paused and glanced back Aiden, "Nah, j'st stick wit' me and numnuts. Sides, ya got ya missive yeah. Dat got da Warchief's seal on et. Aneh mon who be disputin' dat gets done fo' treason. Imagine et da same for ya lot, na?" he grinned, he didn't want to tie the man up even if he had to. The man was just too injured to allow that.

He waited for Aiden to enter before he followed and the Draenei grinned before she beckoned them to follow her. Xen'tu was staring at the woman's tail even as he walked and for once Zae'ju did not berate him. If it distracted from doing something stupid, he was happy to let the guy watch. The Draenei led them to a small backyard. "Here ve are," she took a stance and began to interweave and chant, magic lines appearing before the air crackled.

"Uh... na, na! Nut" Xen'tu finished off in Zandali earning a look of reproach and then amusement by his brother who replied in kind with what sounded like encouragement.

The Draenei finished her spell and the portal opened. Echo Isles could clearly be seen on the other side.

Back