Uncharted Worlds [Group][Adventure][Nation Building]

@Amdarh Yeah I missed that it's probably left over from editing, heh.

The hierarchy is by the breeding matriarchs then any delegates they make. Bvetin is at the top whom then delegates authority downward. They took human names to interact with the speaking races so they may have nontraditional names. Nemesis for instance is the matriarch of defense as it were. She's the race-scale minister of armed forces. Other matriarchs might have their own armies but nemesis has a vastly disproportionate amount in the field by her or other matriarchs under her on each planet. False Matriarch is more of a ranking descriptor. "You're not my Matriarch, but you are an honored Matriarch." They use it for their own as well as females of other races. Nongardeners that have authority over them may be called barren Matriarchs if they've been tithed/assigned to a group as a member long-term. They do not have a word or social context for Patriarch so male leaders get called by rank or name. Since non-gardeners obviously can't be fertile, they're barren. A barren Gardener matriarch has the right to be tithed eggs or individuals from the fertile matriarchs if they're in good standing with other broods. Non-gardener females of any race do not enjoy that birthright but it might happen at the option of others that do.

Faction Sheet

Name:
The Zerg
Demonym (how do your people call themselves?) Zerg.
Type of organisation: (empire, republic, cult, corporation, holy order of the spaghetti monster?) Animalistic / Empire
Reputation: Terrifying. The Zerg live on numerous planets and attack anyone that passes into their territories or directly into their hatcheries, sometimes even invading other planets and territories to expand their Swarm. Many colonies are advised never to explore territories that have traces of "Creep" which consists of tar-like liquid which designates their presence.
Composition: They come in many different forms, from small creatures to large behemoths. Some Zerg can even operate in space as Leviathans which serve as the Zerg's primary transportation in Space for the many breeds that cannot survive in space's vacuum. For a more detailed list, see here: Zerg Breeds.
Internal policy: They operate with a very clear Hierarchy involving Queen's and Clans, which they refer to as Broods. Each brood has it's own Queen and they follow her orders and commands. Most Broods are not friendly with each other while some are. Most Broods now are isolated from the main Zerg Swarm that travels the Galaxy, controlled and operated by the Primal Queen of Blades, Kerrigan.
Influence mechanisms: The Zerg are well known for their strength in numbers, allowing them to easily swarm their opponents by sheer numbers alone. Thanks to the Queen of Blades influence, they have enabled the ability to infest human life which was dubbed the Hyper-evolutionary Virus. However they haven't fully perfected this, and only have one breed that is capable of doing this, known as the Infestor.
Reach of influence: The Zerg are divided in terms of Hatcheries. The mass majority of the Galaxy have hidden Zerg Hatcheries controlled by a single queen, who brood more and more of them as they live their lives. However once someone steps up to unite them, they begin conquering planets one by one to expand their horizons.

Character Sheet

Name: Alexei Stukov
Appearance: (I like images :) descriptions are nice too)

Gender, age: (do I need to explain?) Male. Before he was Infested, he was 52 years old.
Job: Acts as a Captain or assisting in the front line.s
Skills you're good at: Nerves (Kerrigan regarded him as a brilliant tactician.), Psychic Abilities.
Skills you're bad at: Engineering, Stealth.
Favoured equipment: He relies mostly on his Psyonic Abilities alongside the affect of being Infested to allow him to fire a corrosive projectile at enemies from his Zerg Side.
Dislikes: Long Ranged Opponents, sometimes other humans.
Bio: After he was infested, he was no longer accepted into any form of Human Military or Colony at the fear that the Zerg would follow suit and destroy them. However one team of numerous mercenaries accepted him into their ranks despite his Zerg appearance, allowing him to take advantage of his new state of mind and being to aid the team.

Other: Starcraft is amazing ^_^ Filled in the sheet as best as I could to incorporate them into this Universe so consider these Zerg to be an Alternate Universe version, but with the main Zerg Swarm still lead by Kerrigan.

Last edited:
@lil_kreen Let me know what skills you want to keep. I imagine Accuracy and Stealth are a bigger priority than Engineering,
@Widowmaker Concerning your skills: I propose to put Nerves, to be used for Strategy (staying calm under stress) and Psychic abilities. For Technology, I'm not sure how being a half monster helps in dealing with technology? I'm not against it, just don't see the link you highlight.
@Bark Everyone will be in the same spaceship, the Black Gryffin (crew is free to rename it later if people want), but smaller 'fighter' ships or mechs can be on board. Considering your bio, would you like to describe a vehicle you have in the launchpad?

I know Zarek was online and didn't say anything, so I propose we start without him. If he wants to join later, we'll accommodate. I'll prepare the launch post, and here are my sheets

Faction Sheet

Name:
Hason Empire
Demonym: Hasonites
Type of organisation: Empire
Composition: The Hasonites are the ruling and military class of the Empire, exploiting other races and worlds to gain the resources they need. They are a minority in their Empire, but they control all tools of power and have what is often considered the most powerful fleet of the Galaxy.
Internal policy: Emperor Hideyoshi rules all. His Shoguns lead the fleets. People grumble in the Empire, but no one dares to rise against it. Well, there are now and then a few revolts, but they are quickly crushed in a bloodbath.
External policy: The Hason Empire is only interested in itself. If they need a resource, they'll take it. If they feel threatened, they'll be happy to ally and crush the threat as soon as possible. The Zergs have proven themselves to be such a threat.
Primary resources in excess: Iron & Plystonium - The Hason Empire produces a huge amount of plasteel to equip its fortresses and fleets
Primary resources lacking: Food & Warpium - They are not very focused on food production and famines are common at least somewhere in the Empire. And there's never enough Warpium to feed their ever growing fleet.
Influence mechanisms: Military might
Reach of influence: The Hason Empire controls a part of the Galaxy, increasingly closer to the Zergs, and fleet jump away from the Free Planets Alliance. They have ambassadors or traders in most colonies.

Character Sheet

Name: ATAX - Automaton for Technological Analysis of Xenoworlds
Appearance:
Gender, age: 'female' robot, 15 years old
Job: Maintenance, support and exploration
Skills you're good at: Athletics and Engineering
Skills you're bad at: Eloquence and Nerves
Favoured equipment: Iron fists
Dislikes: Astral Bio Technologies / Bullying / Sand
Bio: ATAX was a prototype AI developed by Astral Bio Technologies to man spaceships exploring new worlds. It required low maintenance and was able to manage a ship while the crew was in stasis or busy elsewhere. In other words, cheap labour. Unfortunately for them, they made this prototype a bit too self-conscious and she didn't particularly like her exploited condition. As soon as she was put on a ship, she made a run for it. Still officially property of Astral Bio Technologies, and representing a lot of secret technologies, she is still on the run. As she was hiding in a shithole on the edges of the Free Planets Alliance, she came across Wang Su, also on the run and with a damaged ship. The pair found a common understanding and Wang Su brought the robot with her, to her eternal gratitude.
Other:

@Amdarh ah, I keep making things symmetrical, heh. fixed, removed stealth. He has to build his own weapons around hominids and such and ended up a the guy who takes care of the wepaons when not in the field.

Thread created!
https://www.storytellerscircle.com/threads/uncharted-worlds.5643/
I hope you guys like it :)

There's no posting order, but please wait for everyone to have posted before replying again. If someone doesn't reply within 24hours, we skip his/her/its turn.
As mentioned, your characters don't have any memories at the moment. Muscle memory and language memory, but no personal memory. (don't worry, their background will come up later on).
Feel free to introduce and make your factions act, but you don't have to do it every turn, it will depend how things develop on the galactic stage.

Let's have fun :)

@Widowmaker Once everyone has posted once, I'll give an evolution post, so please don't post twice in the same 'turn'.
Also, the ship says '15 min to impact' not 'you have landed on a planet'...
And don't forget you don't have any memories at the moment. About the Zergs or elsewise.

@Widowmaker Once everyone has posted once, I'll give an evolution post, so please don't post twice in the same 'turn'.
Also, the ship says '15 min to impact' not 'you have landed on a planet'...
And don't forget you don't have any memories at the moment. About the Zergs or elsewise.

Ah, my apologies. I'll wait ^^ I was a bit confused about how things go so I jumped in hesitantly without thinking first.

No issues, we all have to get a feeling of how things will roll.
I'll wait until 24h after my first post to make the next post, let's hope @Summers Mori posts meanwhile.

@Summers Mori @Widowmaker
As you two have gone towards each other, feel free to include a new post each as you meet each other.
You could discuss here how the meeting goes and what you might say before posting, if you wish

My apologies for the long delay! Exams started this week and I had to focus on studying for a while.

EDIT: and please keep in mind you have lost your memory for the moment.

Last edited:
Back